Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,396 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:14 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (439549 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2011
@all that are against postin of keys. if every forum act the way u guys are acting towards postin of key how will u get those key of yours. Their rules are not to post the keys of paytv in thier country.(at all interested in keys wat u need is to understand and devote ur tym in making research) if u re technically wise, you will laf at those callin themselves GURUs imagine G-GROUP.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
don401:

@all that are against postin of keys. if every forum act the way u guys are acting towards postin of key how will u get those key of yours. Their rules are not to post the keys of paytv in thier country.(at all interested in keys wat u need is to understand and devote your tym in making research) if u re technically wise, you will laf at those callin themselves GURUs imagine G-GROUP.
Say what you like, we do not post keys on this forum, in fact we dont condone it, cos here, we only discuss free to air
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
l seeeeeee
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
@enitan

the LNB u are using matters, I would advice the 4 way stargold fuji, also, are you using the original scalar that came with your fibre? , if not, u need to get one and lastly as niddle_9 pointed out, try the lnb skew between 7-8 o'clock. the tp u are looking for is 11727v, already you are getting playboy TV and private space on the nova package. Good luck!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
@all just peep small and put it off 7e eutelsat w3a ku freq 12729 h 30000
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sathob(m): 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hmmm!
Happy new year to you all. This is a post I tried to send yesterday but wasn't successful because of a temporal ban. Anyway, I have to go on. I am not happy with the way we have ignored the rules that govern this house. This is is the very deliberate ignorance that has kept our continent in the dark, someway.
Because of this I am of the opinion that we vote or appoint one more moderator to assist Twinstaiye in this very happy cyber home. For those of us who are ignorant of the rules that govern nairaland in general read the following from Seun:-

MISCELLANEOUS
- You may not bully a fellow Nairalander. This applied to old members too. Violation -> ban.
- Illegal actions are strictly prohibited. This includes piracy, cracking e.g. creating and distributing trojans and viruses, browsing cheats, etc. Nairaland must not be used to break the law
- You may not post a link or an advert or any topic more than once
- The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited.
- Manual signatures inserted in the body of posts are not allowed. Use the forum profile to insert signatures.
- Affiliate links, questionable investment schemes, MLM, HYIP, & get-rich-quick schemes are not allowed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikefra(m): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2011
Those on ArabSat or Badr 6 and 4 should prescan their sets goodies are there now like Cartoon Network Arabia , jsc 10 is free with SRT4653x ,EBS which shows some Nigeria Movies and alot of them.

Shaw.

Pitos and Olatiler how una thee.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ibaku(m): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
All, anybody watching eritrea tv ( arabsat 5a ku) kindly let me know how to go bout it thanks,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikefra(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
Please this issue of when one is given an advice to read through past posting he goes on insult rampage should stop,it is not good.If you dont

research how will you learn.

It took me 6 months to track ArabSat and 2 months to steady MBCS with constant research ,phone calls at times i can be on line with pitos for like one

hour asking questions.

Today i am a guru.

Shaw.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
ikefra:

Those on ArabSat or Badr 6 and 4 should prescan their sets goodies are there now like Cartoon Network Arabia , jsc 10 is free with SRT4653x ,EBS which shows some Nigeria Movies and alot of them.

Shaw.

Pitos and Olatiler how una thee.
let us have the satellite and freq well.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sathob(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2011
For those of us who don't really get it, when it is said that there are rules governing this house, please read the following which are sections of the rules ironed out by Seun

you can get the full rules here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

-Illegal actions are strictly prohibited. This includes piracy,cracking, e.g. creating and distributing trojans and viruses, browsing cheats, etc. Nairaland must not be used to break the law

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PUBLIC FIGHTS
"Nairaland is a discussion forum, and it is inevitable that disagreements will crop up from time to time.  Please be nice and respectful to other members at all times and do not resort to personal attacks, false accusations, name-calling, and other unproductive forms of communication.  If you are upset with another member of the forum you must settle the fight outside the forum.  You must not carry out any 'fights' on the open forum.  'Fights' are not allowed."

It is for this reason, I suggest that we call for another (second) moderator to assist Twinstaiye to immediately take action (by warning or deleting posts of such members) whilst Twinstaiye focus' on other things. George, Microgiant, Fofo, etc are fit for this

I once ignorantly, made a post in the file section on one of the foreign forums and within 10min my post was removed with a reason. I contacted the moderator of the thread by pm to give me the needed assistance. Please let's emulate such discipline and sanity will come to this second home to some of us.

To help the moderator deal with some of these issues lets do our best to report some of these "law breaking posts" by using "the report to moderator' link.
Shine Africa, Happy New Year

@twinstaiye
Thanx for your assistance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by AyotundeAA: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
@all.
pls kindly help me.
i want to upgrade my daarsat HD decoder inorder to allow infinity tv and dstv to voice out.
kindly help.
thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikefra(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
The Satellite is ARABSAT 26E KU .

The Frequencies are

Cartoon Network Arabia 11.727 V or H 27500

EBS 12.073 H 27500

ABC TV 12.089 V 27.495

Eri - TV[ERITREA TV] 11975 V 27488

JSC SPORT +10 12342 H 27501

Shaw.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by andymola(m): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2011
@Ikefra, pls can it be tracked with 90cm dish down here in Enugu? If yes, what's the tracking tp? Thanx and God bless u man!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 14, 2011
sathob:

It is for this reason, I suggest that we call for another (second) moderator to assist Twinstaiye to immediately take action (by warning or deleting posts of such members) whilst Twinstaiye focus' on other things. George, Microgiant, Fofo, etc are fit for this

so, you think enitan, sophimore, excuzeme are not deem fit for that post?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2011
olofofo:

@enitan

the LNB u are using matters, I would advice the 4 way stargold fuji, also, are you using the original scalar that came with your fibre? , if not, u need to get one and lastly as niddle_9 pointed out, try the lnb skew between 7-8 o'clock. the tp u are looking for is 11727v, already you are getting playboy TV and private space on the nova package. Good luck!

In response to the above quote,
The lnb i'm making use of is what i used in getting the optimum signal strength for my nilesat project, and its one of those lnbs being given to me by you, if you could remember. Scalar? Yes, I'm using the original scalar that comes with the dish. I think reverting to the original polarity of the signal TP will be the final solution to this problem, based from experience, cos i know TPs tend to behave better in a particular polarity. I'm bringing in the experts in the like of adeex and segunfms to help me with the finetuning, and monday has been fixed for the task tagged 'operation furry' and i believe i will report back to the house with a positive outcome.

Regards
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sathob(m): 9:57am On Jan 14, 2011
sathob:

@enitan
the word "etc" in bold implies, but to mention a few; there are many others fit for this purpose. your shepherd rod is straight and equally strong to take this up. If you guys support this lets do it! It's effective policing that has made the west what it is, we need that here too, bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 10:12am On Jan 14, 2011
sathob:

@enitan
the word "etc" in bold implies, but to mention a few; there are many others fit for this purpose. your shepherd rod is straight and equally strong to take this up. If you guys support this lets do it! It's effective policing that has made the west what it is, we need that here too, bro.

thank you for this timely input. i totally support it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
andymola:

@Ikefra, pls can it be tracked with 90cm dish down here in Enugu? If yes, what's the tracking tp? Thanx and God bless u man!

@andymola.You need a 2.4m pan dish. Personally , I am receiving Badr4,6 loud and clear here in Enugu with a 3.6m mesh antenna.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Sathob

Any3mi, thank you!

People think just because this is an FTA forum one can do 'anything'. Even RDI forum where some keep making references to has a disclaimer that NO ROMANIA keys should be posted. And for those who are peeved with the G-group, I wonder what their thoughts are! If you think you are not comfortable with the G-group, just create your own, period!

The forum says, NO ILLEGAL keys. That is it. You either follow the rules or just don't come here at all. Haba, it is becoming too annoying
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
salamander:

@Sathob

Any3mi, thank you!

People think just because this is an FTA forum one can do 'anything'. Even RDI forum where some keep making references to has a disclaimer that NO ROMANIA keys should be posted. And for those who are peeved with the G-group, I wonder what their thoughts are! If you think you are not comfortable with the G-group, just create your own, period!

The forum says, NO ILLEGAL keys. That is it. You either follow the rules or just don't come here at all. Haba, it is becoming too annoying
@all pls lets try and notice Salamander. Clap for him.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
@George_D:
Hello Sir! Long time and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and the family. Please, I got this question: can one use an analogue satellite finder meter with our digital boxes or are analogue meters for analogue boxes and digital meters for digital boxes? A friend bought the stargold (SG-20SF) satellite finder. On it is written (amongst other things) “For analogue and digital signals”. But, man I wasn’t impressed with the results when I tested it. Sometimes you lock unto a satellite and it doesn’t beep. At other times it beeps even though you’ve not hit a satellite. If analogue finders could be used with digital boxes, which may be really good and cheap? Thankx for your anticipated reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
lovala:

@George_D:
Hello Sir! Long time and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and the family. Please, I got this question: can one use an analogue satellite finder meter with our digital boxes or are analogue meters for analogue boxes and digital meters for digital boxes? A friend bought the stargold (SG-20SF) satellite finder. On it is written (amongst other things) “For analogue and digital signals”. But, man I wasn’t impressed with the results when I tested it. Sometimes you lock unto a satellite and it doesn’t beep. At other times it beeps even though you’ve not hit a satellite. If analogue finders could be used with digital boxes, which may be really good and cheap? Thankx for your anticipated reply.

to start with, not that many analogue channels on satellites anymore. you might want to get a real satellite meter as those types u talk of are basically good for nailing birds directly above our heads.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by saintchyco: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ ikefra need help in finding this channel

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)
« #2477 on: Yesterday at 11:16:41 PM »

The Satellite is ARABSAT 26E KU .

The Frequencies are

[tr][table][table]Cartoon Network Arabia 11.727 V or H 27500

EBS 12.073 H 27500 ================================================could not find this one

ABC TV 12.089 V 27.495==============================================could not find this too

Eri - TV[ERITREA TV] 11975 V 27488

JSC SPORT +10 12342 H 27501

Shaw.[/table][/table][/tr]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 2:25am On Jan 15, 2011
to start with, not that many analogue channels on satellites anymore. you might want to get a real satellite meter as those types u talk of are basically good for nailing birds directly above our heads.
@Olofofo:
thankx very much, chief Olo!
please give me an idea of a good but cheap meter one could get. Is this: DSS Satellite Finder Kit from http://sat-sales.com/products.php?cat=13 any good?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgint: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2011
don401:

@all that are against postin of keys. if every forum act the way u guys are acting towards postin of key how will u get those key of yours. Their rules are not to post the keys of paytv in thier country.(at all interested in keys wat u need is to understand and devote your tym in making research) if u re technically wise, you will laf at those callin themselves GURUs imagine G-GROUP.

don401:

@all pls lets try and notice Salamander. Clap for him.

Hope you have a backup for Nairaland owner? Anybody remember Sat-mac.net, what happened. The European forums your are quoting their providers don't corner every English language content on sat into their bouquet, Even if the channel doesn't have premium programs (including local channels - recently the Kenyans have been complaining bitterly) and if you like accept take it or leave it, most of them are not cannot compare with the financial might or connection with a our No.1 African PayTV provider.

Somebody sent a protest mail to France24 that it is being funded by the French Government all over the world and the policy is that it should be FTA all over, before they started airing their programs (France24 - English & French) on Sirius 4. The Chinese put pressure on the provider before the three CCTV channels became FTA.

All National TVs are transmitted FTA in other climes except the English speaking countries of Africa. PayTV providers are supposed to provide premium content and add local channels probably to meet local content policy(ies) in their countries of operation and or also as an added benefit for their subscribers to use a single means of reception. The Pay TVs in turn support the local media by paying them a small token and also ensuring all adverts by the local TV operators are not edited or blocked. But what we have here is a situation where a certain provider corners all (especially English language content) and force them to use C-Band (using different satellites) for their relay transmissions if they want to remain on sat making it unattractive.

Even ETV knew their channel was hacked and never bothered to change encryption or keys, because they depended solely on sales of their boxes in SA and adverts. Someone somewhere forced them to encrypt, same applies to Muvi TV, SABCs.

my two cents.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2011
I PEOPLE USING 4M,3.6M MOTORIZED MESH DISH TO BRIEF ME IF THEY ARE ABLE TO GET NILESAT,EUROBIRD AND ALSO SOLID MOTORIZED DISH,WHATHER YOU ARE ALSO GETTING NILESAT AND EUROBIRD.I,AM TRYING TO PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER,WHATHER THIS TWO GROUP WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THESE SATS AND SOME PROBLEMS ASSOCIATING WITH EACH OPTION.PLEACE I LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.NOTE I HAVE READ ALL THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED IN VARIOUS TOPICS ON THIS,I WANT NEW DEVELOPMENT AND PROBLEMS ASSOCIATE WITH IT NOW,THE BEST WAY TO STRIAGHT FORE
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Celino(f): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
gadotor:

I PEOPLE USING 4M,3.6M MOTORIZED MESH DISH TO BRIEF ME IF THEY ARE ABLE TO GET NILESAT,EUROBIRD AND ALSO SOLID MOTORIZED DISH,WHATHER YOU ARE ALSO GETTING NILESAT AND EUROBIRD.I,AM TRYING TO PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER,WHATHER THIS TWO GROUP WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THESE SATS AND SOME PROBLEMS ASSOCIATING WITH EACH OPTION.PLEACE I LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.NOTE I HAVE READ ALL THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED IN VARIOUS TOPICS ON THIS,I WANT NEW DEVELOPMENT AND PROBLEMS ASSOCIATE WITH IT NOW,THE BEST WAY TO STRIAGHT FORE

. Pls @All, am using 2.4MESH nd my location is ABA, ABIA STATE. Can i get nilesat nd hotbird with my 2.4m MESH, Pls help me out. Am waiting, Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
@aka tonero i send you a mail pls respond asap
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2011
@lovala

the link u posted was the one i was advicing against. for a good satellite meter with a BER( Bit error rate) fucntion, you might need to shell out upto $300 or more. The first is one is the one i use personally while the second is the more professional one with a spectrum analyser which will set you back more a $1500

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
@all

enjoy this online skysport 3 now live with good streaming http://www.sportzkrieg.com/live.php?id=FOO10EnSoc&msg=1&matchname=Soccer%20AM%20Preview%20show!

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.