Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (891610 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sanphem: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2018
wealth360:
Dept has recommended you to CGPS for admission.
But the admission is conditional until your university in Nigeria send the official transcript to CGPS that when you get the Unconditional offer letter. Congratulations

Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by penitential(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2018
Psychosocial:
What difference does it really make?? I'm already practicing so I felt an M.Eng would suit me better, than taking an MSc
It makes lots of difference. Especially in the area of fund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
cc Strongtech

You will get a 3 year post graduation work permit (PGWP) so far the school is an eligible DLI (not all DLI make you eligible).

After getting 3 years PGWP, You qualify to apply for PR if you have worked for at least 1 year in a skilled occupation.

So here you go;

Get offered admission in an eligible DLI - school for at least 2 years (masters, PGD) without any issue or criminal record - get 3 years PGWP - work for 1 year in a skilled occupation - apply for PR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Any approval news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello pls when did you receive do Medicals and when was it submitted? Thanks
abethatguy:
Hey house!

My GCKEY said I passed the medical exam when I checked it on Sunday. And today I got a "Correspondance letter" talking about the validity of my biometrics.

Can someone please explain? My ticket is booked for December 22nd.

Applying from Senegal

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
sleekysoft:
Any approval news
Nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Feeders(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good day house please i need your help as i am scared. i am a medical doctor that just graduated from ukraine this year.i am 24yrs old. i want to go to canada for an MPH degree. i have applied to 2 universities (university of alberta and university of mannitoba) to start start fall next year if i am granted admission. please i have few questions for the house.
1. what are my chances of getting a study permit? i had no issues in ukraine during my 6 years there and i even have a police report backing it. i came back as soon as i finished my program. i have travelled to other european countries.. i have a few expired schengen visa on my passport.
2. when is the best time to apply for the study permit?
3. how much should my dad have in his acct since he is sponsoring me? (he also sponsored my ukraine education)
4. do i need to pay school fees upfront?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
So what happens if your program is less than 2 years, say 16 months or 18 months.

Naijaforeigner:
cc Strongtech

You will get a 3 year post graduation work permit (PGWP) so far the school is an eligible DLI (not all DLI make you eligible).

After getting 3 years PGWP, You qualify to apply for PR if you have worked for at least 1 year in a skilled occupation.

So here you go;

Get offered admission in an eligible DLI - school for at least 2 years (masters, PGD) without any issue or criminal record - get 3 years PGWP - work for 1 year in a skilled occupation - apply for PR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

An 18 or 19 year old has good chances but he or she should get admitted first. That’s the first and most important step. Why not UG?
isn't college good also,or is the chances of getting study permit quite lower?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nuel182:
isn't college good also,or is the chances of getting study permit quite lower?

I am currently with a study permit in a college myself, so I never said college limits chances of visa approval.
I was only wondering why the 18 year old does not want to go for undergraduate studies.

If the college accepts the 18 year old student for PGD. Then congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

I am currently with a study permit in a college myself, so I never said college limits chances of visa approval.
I was only wondering why the 18 year old does not want to go for undergraduate studies.

If the college accepts the 18 year old student for PGD. Then congrats.
alright, should be normal 2years diploma then after a while complete the remaining two years UG at a university.
It works that way Right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
Awuuga:
So what happens if your program is less than 2 years, say 16 months or 18 months.

Normally PGWP is given for the length of program. So if your program is 16 months you get 16 months but if 2 years, you get 3 years.

However, it also depends on how the school runs their program.
Some schools see the 16 months program as 2 years. If the school at the end of your program gives you a letter to confirm that the 16 months program is equivalent to a 2 year program when applying for your PGWP, you will get 3 years PGWP.

Please confirm with your school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello house,I want to know if it's okay for me to apply by February for fall 2019, hope it's not too early or should I wait till some months later?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Not early at all, so far there is opening for admission on the school website, apply immediately. Cos you will still need to apply for Visa latest May to be on a safer side.. Peace
Raymondrain:
Hello house,I want to know if it's okay for me to apply by February for fall 2019, hope it's not too early or should I wait till some months later?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
It’s never too early to apply.

Raymondrain:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2018
Will do. Thank you.

Naijaforeigner:

Normally PGWP is given for the length of program. So if your program is 16 months you get 16 months but if 2 years, you get 3 years.

However, it also depends on how the school runs their program.
Some schools see the 16 months program as 2 years. If the school at the end of your program gives you a letter to confirm that the 16 months program is equivalent to a 2 year program when applying for your PGWP, you will get 3 years PGWP.

Please confirm with your school.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CuteCeo: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Yes you can provided you have a resident permit to work/ study / any other thing (not visiitor visa).

I applied for my visa from the UK.

Ok. It’s a student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Awuuga:

A program that is more than 1 year or close to 2 years can qualify a student for a 3 years PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Awuuga:

A program that is more than 1 year or close to 2 years can qualify a student for a 3 years PGWP

A program that is less than 1 year and not below 6 months gets same duration for PGWP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2018
CuteCeo:

Ok. It’s a student visa

Magic. Apply right where you are. Apply early.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
JustMellow:

A program that is less than 1 year and not below 6 months gets same duration for PGWP

I am Guessing you wanted to write 8 months?

Your program must be at least 8 months in duration to even apply for PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
Any news regarding May/June/July Visa application ? please share if there is any progress in our application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Strongtech: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks bro
Naijaforeigner:
cc Strongtech

So here you go;

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by speedyconnect3: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!

How true is this

Osemigho
Yemdogg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by speedyconnect3: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
speedyconnect3:
Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!

How true is this

Osemigho
Yemdogg

How true is this?

Osemigho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thank you.

JustMellow:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CuteCeo: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Magic. Apply right where you are. Apply early.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

I am Guessing you wanted to write 8 months?

Your program must be at least 8 months in duration to even apply for PGWP.

No sir! My statement simply means a program of 6 months or less doesn't qualify for a PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by misspetit(f): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
Emmyirab:

No, the whole process took 6 weeks.
After flywire refunded, it took around 4 weeks before it reflected.
Okay
Thanks a bunch.

I will wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Any Approval for July Applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
Someone should pls share their application progress if u submitted online in the month of July.
It’s now over 18weeks after submission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
May 19 applicant
After medical passed no update
28 weeks still no update
I am still on Background check and eligibility review

Famzyactivity:
Any Approval for July Applicants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.