Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (891610 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:
May 19 applicant
After medical passed no update
28 weeks still no update
I am still on Background check and eligibility review

That over 7months! Are these guys taking us for a fool! Damn!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
shocked undergraduate program??
jiggazee:
That over 7months! Are these guys taking us for a fool! Damn!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:
May 19 applicant
28 weeks still no update

Was your medical upfront/requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
shocked for undergraduate program??
Henkubert:
May 19 applicant
28 weeks still no update

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
Masters in University of Winnipeg

Nuel182:
shocked undergraduate program??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Medical request mail August 21st a day to my resumption in have to deffer to February 27 2019
Medical passed August 27th

jiggazee:
Was your medical upfront/requested?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:
Medical request mail August 21st a day to my resumption in have to deffer to February 27 2019

These CIC guys....how can someone apply since may and the person is still in Nigeria by December... Smh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:

You are already half-way done with the whole process, perhaps because you deferred that was why they are delaying. Anyways send them multiple mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
Is it just the Masters may,june nd july that are being delayed or is it a general something??
Please, everyone indicate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jiggazee: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nuel182:
Is it just the Masters may,june nd july that are being delayed or is it a general something??
Please, everyone indicate

Mine is July online application; M.sc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
Henkubert:
May 19 applicant
28 weeks still no update

Oh my God ... these people are something else. Almost 7 months?

Good news is they requested for your Medicals. Possibility of getting your visa is about 80%. Hold on bro, you will forget the wait when you get the visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Cestmoi1:

From what i know, the university chooses for you. But try and identify one in your application, there's a column for it there and also write the supervisor to introduce yourself ahead. Let him/her acknowledge you.

I have written to many professional buy no response yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 12:35am On Dec 14, 2018
sanphem:

Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated!

Please am also applying for M.sc in uni
Saskatchewan but am having problem with the pre- qualification form how were you able to fix this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 6:43am On Dec 14, 2018
Good morning peeps. Pls i need sample sworn affidavit of sponsorship and affidavit of return. Kindly share here after covering your personal details or send to Bamigboyebimpe@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sanphem: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2018
Toobie:

Please am also applying for M.sc in uni
Saskatchewan but am having problem with the pre- qualification form how were you able to fix this

Let me know the problem you have with the prequalification form..

I have discovered that the most important thing is getting a supervisor. Channel your effort towards securing a supervisor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Louisanc(f): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Good morning everyone... Please can one tackle issue of financial assets with Dollar account. thanks ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubajek: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2018
really. need to understand this

Naijaforeigner:
cc Strongtech

You will get a 3 year post graduation work permit (PGWP) so far the school is an eligible DLI (not all DLI make you eligible).

After getting 3 years PGWP, You qualify to apply for PR if you have worked for at least 1 year in a skilled occupation.

So here you go;

Get offered admission in an eligible DLI - school for at least 2 years (masters, PGD) without any issue or criminal record - get 3 years PGWP - work for 1 year in a skilled occupation - apply for PR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2018
Just got my GCMS Note. It turns out that I was refused based on my Personal Assets and Financial Status. How do I tackle this one now?? Guys, this one weak me o.
Psychosocial:
Guys I got rejected today

Applied 8th November (Paper Route)

Course applied: M.Eng ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING

Linked my application Online: 19th November

Eligibility and Background Checks started 19th November

Correspondence Letter for Biometric Validity: 21st November

Refusal Notification came today: 11th December

There was no message regarding the reasons for refusal, even though I was referred to one. I wonder what the reasons could be.
(See Screenshot at the end)

Submitted:
Letter of Acceptance
S.O.P
CIC Forms
International Passport
Birth Certificate
Degree Certificate (B.Eng ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING)
NYSC Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment ID Card
Employment Reference Letter
Payslips (6months)
Statement of Account: #130,000 (Ended October)
Tuition fee receipt: 14,250CAD
Sponsor's (Sister) Affidavit,
Sponsor's Employment Letter (3,500USD/month), (45,000USD/annually)
Sponsor's Payslips (6months)
Sponsor's Bank Balance: Domiciliary (6,000USD/Ended September), Local (#50,000/September), Fixed Deposit (#2.5m fixed in October)
No Upfront Medicals.

Winter Semester starts 7th January, 2019. I had earlier deferred from Fall 2018 to Winter 2019; and the school's policy on deferral is just Once in an Academic year. So I think I'm pretty much screwed at this point. sad embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obianorafael: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2018
Please can anyone send their SOP with me

rafaelobiano@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by penitential(m): 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Psychosocial:
Just got my GCMS Note. It turns out that I was refused based on my Personal Assets and Financial Status. How do I tackle this one now?? Guys, this one weak me o.
You just have to show more financial capability both on your side and that of your sponsor.
Show them good source of income from your side and at least show some money that cover your living expenses while your sponsor should show enough money to cover for your two years tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
House please... What is my overall educational goal? SOP letter questions.... Any suggestion please? Am going for hotel and restaurant management in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=sanphem post=73829102]

Let me know the problem you have with the prequalification form..

When I click on the next button. After completing the first page the forms goes Blank

Do you have a sample mail I can send to supervisor. Or tips on how to get one because that has been my major challenge in previous application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
26weeks already. No update from CIC. Eligibility review started 16weeks ago. Done upfront medicals two weeks ago. God pass dem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
blaugrana82:
26weeks already. No update from CIC. Eligibility review started 16weeks ago. Done upfront medicals two weeks ago. God pass dem.
undergraduate degree??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
To be honest,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
As for me, am happy I differed this admission to fall 2019...am prepared to liv it till wen ever they wake up.. will start sending mails from January...approval or denial...all na response..my advice to all those May/June/July/August peeps, u either differ or withdraw so u can reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
042viber12:
As for me, am happy I differed this admission to fall 2019...am prepared to liv it till wen ever they wake up.. will start sending mails from January...approval or denial...all na response..my advice to all those May/June/July/August peeps, u either differ or withdraw so u can reapply

You said the bitter truth
I could remember I said something like this October on deferment in order to meet up with spring term cause Canada schools are hot cake all over the world
@blaugrana82 and @kendric123 or so were both shading me.
Saying I am insensitive if you don't know what to say, you should just keep quiet.
I hate when information is being rendered and some people will just jump up from nowhere to say all such of things
I think it's high time some of you know that they don't pay anybody to answer question here
We just do it out of freewill and good heart.
Stop bashing people that are answering a question or rendering information
If it doesn't favor you, waka pass it will favor someone else.

Peace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pm me let’s revir it together

Psychosocial:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
sleekysoft:
Pm me let’s revir it together

(I am also interested in the gcms note)

@psychosocial please reconfirm that note you got if it's actually GCMS NOTE
cause it sounds more like refusal note to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.