Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (885350 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
Evankc:
After medical passed , biometric correspondence letter then follow by final result . Why is final result taken much time or after correspondence letter are they still reviewing the applications again before they can release final result

don't panic bro GOD will make a way![quote][/quote] smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
dimeji1:
Hello House, i have three questions,

1. My brother waec result is not our yet, can he use online result to apply
2. Do we need to get police report when he is going for submission of document
3. is statement of account or fixed deposit enough as means of financial support for a parent? or do ineed to provide photo graph and others document to proof relationship with his parent
1. Yes he can use online printout, I believe that was what he used to secure admission.
2. Yes, it is part of the required documents for TRV application (though some people have applied without it and still got their TRV)
3. Statement of account is cool(for parents), but if they have other proof of fund they should include them, it's never too much. As for relationship, they should include their marriage certificate (parents) and birth certificates (parents, applicant and his other siblings).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Helenaira(f): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Nothing at all... going there 2mao

Pls what are the process for submission of passport after PPR and how much is the fee to be paid over there in total.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2019
pak:
Hello All,

I applied for an MEng degree in a school in Canada where it was stated that English Test scores are not mandatory at the point of application if your initial degrees were taught in English.

However the Grad studies dept just contacted me that my application will require a TOEFL result.

I requested for two weeks to take the result.

I want to know if it is possible for me to register, prepare and seat for the TOEFL exams and get the results sent to the school within two weeks.
Thanks
Tell the school you are coming from an English speaking country and you have been learning in English language all your life. Tell them it getting a letter from your previous school (university) stating you were taught in English language will cover up for the TOEFL result (most schools accept that)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
I still need reply to this pls “ is it a must to include birth certificate of siblings or family” because I didn’t include it during my online submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Helenaira:

Pls what are the process for submission of passport after PPR and how much is the fee to be paid over there in total.
If it is the same visa office you did your biometric then you won't pay any money. Just walk in and submit your passport for stamp, you will have to leave it with them and they will get back to you when it's ready.
NB: After submitting your passport you can pay for courier service (if you know you won't be chanced to go back for your stamped passport when it's ready).
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
I still need reply to this pls “ is it a must to include birth certificate of siblings or family” because I didn’t include it during my online submission.

it's important but not a criteria shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by warrination1: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello gurus

I need help, Please which document am I missing out in my application. I am a self sponsored applicant and am about to submit my application online

Breakdown of Documents

1)All IMM forms

2. Statement of business Account which I transferred some funds for my studies to my personal savings account

3. Business Documents CAC certificate, Memorandum of Article, Purchase and Sales Receipts, 

4. Office space receipts paid for the year 2019 and 2020

6. letter of introduction from my company bank . Reference letter from my company bank saying am the sole signatory of the business account and no one else and also a reference letter from my Personal account

Ps: Will be moving all funds in my business account to my personal account for easy access to funds leaving some funds for the daily running of the business.

My Documents
1. Copy of International Passport Bio data page 

2. Copy of my Parents Affidavit of Birth with their National ID cards and my siblings Birth certificates including their National ID cards
3. Official Letter of Admission
4. Statement of Purpose
6. Letter of Current Employment
7. Study leave letter from my employer
8. Job ID card
6. Letter of Recommendation from my fellowship(Church)
7. Statement of my personal Account showing
8. Copy of Birth Certificate
9. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
10. Copy of Degree Certificate
11. Copy of Certificate of National Service
12. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
13. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
14. Resume
15. Professional Certifications - CCNA Cisco certified Network Associate and HSE 1,2 & 3 

16.Tuition Deposit slip (8,476 CAD as required) First Semester

17. Certificate of Origin

18. Skill acquisition program transcript and certificate (Certificate from computer lessons I attended after highschool)

19.All Immigration processing forms ( family form (IMM5645E), and study permit form (IMM1294E).

20. A Copy of my Landed property with Deed of Conveyance and Survey Plan.

21.Affidavit of Return

Please am i leaving anything?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Not a must, but if you still want to send them you can. Send them to cic via email and quote your application number and other details relating to your application, title should "additional document".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
Can I have the mail pls. And should I merge them as pdf folder.

mcobex:
Not a must, but if you still want to send them you can. Send them to cic via email and quote your application number and other details relating to your application, title should "additional document".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
warrination1:
Hello gurus

I need help, Please which document am I missing out in my application. I am a self sponsored applicant and am about to submit my application online

Breakdown of Documents

1)All IMM forms

2. Statement of business Account which I transferred some funds for my studies to my personal savings account

3. Business Documents CAC certificate, Memorandum of Article, Purchase and Sales Receipts, 

6. letter of introduction from my company bank . Reference letter from my company bank saying am the sole signatory of the business account and no one else and also a reference letter from my Personal account

Ps: Will be moving all funds in my business account to my personal account for easy access to funds leaving some funds for the daily running of the business.

My Documents

2. Copy of my Parents Affidavit of Birth with their National ID cards and my siblings Birth certificates including their National ID cards
4. Statement of Purpose
8. Job ID card
14. Resume
15. Professional Certifications - CCNA Cisco certified Network Associate and HSE 1,2 & 3 

18. Skill acquisition program transcript and certificate (Certificate from computer lessons I attended after highschool)

19.All Immigration processing forms ( family form (IMM5645E), and study permit form (IMM1294E).

21.Affidavit of Return

Good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
warrination1:
Hello gurus

Breakdown of Documents

1)All IMM forms

My Documents

4. Statement of Purpose
8. Job ID card
14. Resume

21.Affidavit of Return

You don’t need number 21 but you can leave it anyway.

What are your closing balances?

Everything looks good but to me, number 21 is a step too far.

Your balances matters even though you have made some deposit.

Home tie is sorted out anyway.

I hope your SOP is strong enough to merge or talk about your previous study, your current job and academic progression.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Zlatco: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please for a banker applying for Canadian study permit, who is unable to get study leave from his/her bank, what other document can be used in place of that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Can I have the mail pls. And should I merge them as pdf folder.

Check the first page of this thread, if it's not there visit CIC website cos I can't remember it right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ok thanks.
The home ties has got to do what document pls?

mcobex:
Check the first page of this thread, if it's not there visit CIC website cos I can't remember it right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Ok thanks.

Home-tie has to do with you having reason(s) to go back to Nigeria after your study, these can be but not limited to Family, properties/investment, job offers....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Lol I am just seeing this. I was shocked when the lady said MUN is expensive. She should come to colleges or Universities in Ontario and know wassup.

Go through what i wrote slowly.No one said MUN was expensive..I only stated that not all courses are cheap like everyone thinks..Is 26000 CAD per annum cheap? Some depts pay as high as that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks ��. Pls do check ur mail.
mcobex:
Home-tie has to do with you having reason(s) to go back to Nigeria after your study, these can be but not limited to Family, properties/investment, job offers....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Ok thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Thanks ��. Pls do check ur mail.
Sorry I don't attend to PMs for now, but feel free to ask all your questions here so others can contribute to it, also so many people might have same case as yours so they get to learn as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by warrination1: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks Guzenaira for the reply

Ok I will remove 21.

My closing balance after payment of first semester fee is 7.8M naira in my personal account and 200k in my business account for running of the business as I have paid the office rent for both year 2019 and 2020.

As for the SOP aspect I have worked on it to the very best I could but can you help review my SOP using the eagle's eye before I submit. This is my first application.

guzenaira:

You don’t need number 21 but you can leave it anyway.

What are your closing balances?

Everything looks good but to me, number 21 is a step too far.

Your balances matters even though you have made some deposit.

Home tie is sorted out anyway.

I hope your SOP is strong enough to merge or talk about your previous study, your current job and academic progression.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Phatkings:

I want to know how will the sop be tailored I couldn't secure a masters admission but I was able to get a pgd in global business management. I studied accounting in my first with a borderline second class upper. Thank you

The SOP must be coherent, concise, and all ideas should be supported with relevant details. Paragraphing must be used well and should reflect the following points:

Paragraph 1 : Describe your academic background briefly.
Paragraph 2 : The program of choice.
Paragraph 3 : Why the school in Canada.
Paragraph 4 : Why you choose Canada not Nigeria
Paragraph 5 : Financial support, how you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
Paragraph 6 : Future goals and prospects, What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you and translated to your home country in the near future.
Paragraph 7 : Home ties, what can compel your departure after authorized visit to Canada.

You should also explain why you're going for a PGD instead of a master's considering you graduated with a second class upper division (2.1) which makes you eligible for a master's program.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good day,

Please Landed Folks, is there a particular range of funds you should have as BTA when you travel? And please even though it's been said before, please could you give POE tips for first time travellers (this is aside the 10k Dollars that you must declare)

@
Naijaforeigner
Bracha
Austacus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by warrination1: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thank you mcobex

mcobex:
Good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Phatkings:

He is about starting a new investment company he has gone through the cac stage waiting for the final approvment from them, he worked with diamond work but he is currently working with an investment company he also operate business with my dad company business name, he has two landed property e.t.c

As per the bolded, your sponsor is gainfully and should present the following documents with your application;

1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
4. Pay slips for the past 4 months.
5. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
6. Copy of Sponsor's international passport
7. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
8. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
10. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)
11. Promotion letters
12. Salary increment letter etc..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by holllowu: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2019
Just seeing this now I even called them today but to no avail, I just sent you a Pm, thanks a lot
Austacus:

Am in school now, if you can give me your full names or whatever number they gave you to check for an update, I will meet the registrar on your behalf to know the update of your application.

Will leave school in the next 1hr.

I only come to school on Saturdays and Sundays for my lectures but I have an appointment with my prof today.

Drop your names now if you can see this.
If you can't, I can help you with the registrar number and email address to reach her.

I've met the registrar before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
heggegg:
Hello guys, i applied since march but currently the vfs tracking system is showing "no record found"
please what does this mean? thanks

Follow this STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE to LINK YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
warrination1:
Thanks Guzenaira for the reply

Ok I will remove 21.

My closing balance after payment of first semester fee is 7.8M naira in my personal account and 200k in my business account for running of the business as I have paid the office rent for both year 2019 and 2020.

As for the SOP aspect I have worked on it to the very best I could but can you help review my SOP using the eagle's eye before I submit. This is my first application.

Good,

I just glance through your timeline so I didn’t check it too deep.

If it’s self sponsorship, that money is low unless you have full or partial funding.

If there is a sponsor, I hope you have sorted that aspect as well.

Pls, don’t panic with my responses cos am not a VO.

Am just a believer do it once, and make sure that that once is tight covering all loopholes. Although, I got my VISA after the 4th attempt.

If you feel you have done the best, that’s fine moreover I can’t tell you not to submit now if your resumption is close.

In a nutshell, my advice is this; If it’s self sponsor, you can go ahead with your statement of acct but try to add or make the VO know that when you are studying in CANADA, you have made plans for a backup of funds on a monthly basis that will always keep you sustain without working in Canada. Your business will be running and your mum or spouse will handle it on your behalf.

The 7M is ok provided you have made some deposit already. As for the SOP, time is my issue. Am free on weekends but during the week, this is the best I can offer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by holllowu: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
And this just dropped in my mail �
Austacus:

Am in school now, if you can give me your full names or whatever number they gave you to check for an update, I will meet the registrar on your behalf to know the update of your application.

Will leave school in the next 1hr.

I only come to school on Saturdays and Sundays for my lectures but I have an appointment with my prof today.

Drop your names now if you can see this.
If you can't, I can help you with the registrar number and email address to reach her.

I've met the registrar before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
MUN19:
Well I’m not working currently that’s why I didn’t provide mine. Would I need to provide it?

How can I order for gcms note pls?

Are you a fresh graduate? Not showing proof that you're gainfully employed in your home country is a red flag to your application. Did you show evidence as to whether you're into a volunteer job or some kind of training in preparation for your studies abroad. It's important you order your CAIPS file so as to have a clearer insight about your visa refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
I wanna announce my approval
Delay indeed isn't denial .
My application was almost a year old. I applied with Reference/investment letter as proof of fund.
Until God sent Austacus my way . This dude took his time to peruse my GCMS note . Most importantly , he advised that I liquidate my investment sum as embassy is more interested in liquid funds. At first , I was reluctant until Austacus gave me reasons .
After the liquidating , dude put me through a lot and now it's a Passport request .
God bless you Bro and God bless you other gurus doing great in this forum .

@Austacus @Austacus @Austacus
How many times I call you ? May you never lack , may you always find favour when needed Bro .
In all, give thanks to God almighty .

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The SOP must be coherent, concise, and all ideas should be supported with relevant details. Paragraphing must be used well and should reflect the following points:

Paragraph 1 : Describe your academic background briefly.
Paragraph 2 : The program of choice.
Paragraph 3 : Why the school in Canada.
Paragraph 4 : Why you choose Canada not Nigeria
Paragraph 5 : Financial support, how you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
Paragraph 6 : Future goals and prospects, What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you and translated to your home country in the near future.
Paragraph 7 : Home ties, what can compel your departure after authorized visit to Canada.

You should also explain why you're going for a PGD instead of a master's considering you graduated with a second class upper division (2.1) which makes you eligible for a master's program.
How will I go about the explanation
Should I tell them I wasn't able to secure an admission in a university or I should use the Co op term which will make me understand Canadian market which I can also apply to Nigeria when I return as an excuse.. Help pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: Bukky562(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.