Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,145 members, 7,887,321 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:43 AM

Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? (12002 Views)

Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Originalsly: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:

I laugh in megabytes. So God gave the devourer the tithe?

You make me laugh in gigabytes!...but noooo.....the tithes never do reach God nor the poor....so you tell me who is the devourer??

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by steve13(m): 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!

You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness.
You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Mathew 23 Vs 23.

It means you should do justice, obey the law show mercy and faithfulness...Then Pay tithe.

Don't leave any of these ...

This is from Jesus Christ himself.

But you don't LOVE THEIR NEIGHBOURS, THEY DON'T GIVE TO LESS PRIVILEGED, you just want to pay tithe to receive double ?? Do they pay tithe in JAPAN?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Brock1: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
shocked Who told u its difficult for me to pay 10% tithe? I am a full supporter of paying tithe, I can even give more than 10%. ' bring ye all d tithes and offerings into my house, so their will be food and meat in my house ' wen u av in excess u can shed some out. All I am advocating for is Christian to stop pretending, dat why d Muslim call us hypocrite {though they av their own issues too} Muslim don't zakat monthly as much as we give in church and they are prospering. We give in Christendom, our givings shouldn't only b only pastor's flamboyant living , building of physical structure churches going out for missionaries, we should summon ourselves to give and use it for betterment of humanity. Crime rate is higher in region where poverty abound.

Let's take charge of world economy, build industries, build quality and affordable schools, go into farming, preach reality, guide us right in way of life ( e.g alot of our girls are semi or pro-prostitutes, Wat r they looking for most? MONEY)

Wen we rise and establish necessary mechanism, we can choose to have prayer room and time at work. Or av u not seen Muslim going for prayer during working hours?.

Aside from dat Christians have missed d light, what happened to d likes of Jesus(greater is d work I did, u will do if u believe) , apostle Paul and others that would pray and get answer instantly, sick ppl got healing, dead being raised, physical angelic visitations in prisons, etc.
But today, cast and bind no wan work? Healing only works in church and not in hospitals.

Ppl dat fall during anointing is it real or they are aiding and abetting d crime in church

Alot of pastors are out there hypnotizing and tricking ppl and call it miracle. Habba

nelsonoba:

Oh!! So you even know that in the early church, they were paying 100% tithe And yet today it is an impossible task for you to pay ordinary 10% which is the minimum God commanded??

I guess you still remember why God killed Ananias & Sapphira in the early church?? In case you don't know, I will tell you; They tried to pay 50% tithe instead of the 100% tithe that every other person in the church was paying at the time, and they lied to Apostle Peter and told him the money they brought was 100% tithe. God killed both of them for it.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by CodeTemplar: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
Originalsly:

You make me laugh in gigabytes!...but noooo.....the tithes never do reach God nor the poor....so you tell me who is the devourer??
The tithe reaches the poor as far as I know. maybe for some churches but that doesn't make a pastor the devourer. Never.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by CodeTemplar: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
openmine:

Bro I believe the purpose of your thread is to enlighten you and others about the question you asked!
Now being the one who wants to learn,you should be asking more questions to their submissions and not making it seem like you already know!
Secondly,I believe the teachings and instructions in Malachi are an extension of the laws of moses,the levitical priesthood and the old covenant!

For every law of moses in the old covenant, comes with an obligation to obey....failure to obey attracted punishments!
In the case of Israel not paying tithe as instructed by God in the law,they will attract devourers!

Now the question you should or may be asking is which covenant are you under?
Are you under the laws of moses?
Your epistle clearly doesn't answer a simple question even you acknowledged in your story.
How can I get the devourer rebuked?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
openmine:

The purpose of the law of moses was to show you ur sinful nature...however,the law could neither make you holy or justify you before God!
Hence,the law of moses was meant to lead you to Christ and then its job and purpose will come to an end!
If you want to know more about the annulment of the law of moses,read extensively Hebrews 7,8 and 9!
Also study Galatians 2,3 and 5!

There are many more but for now,study these ones and don't stop studying the scriptures!
As it regards whether the new covenant now implies that you should now kill or steal,I will stay no.....but offer you this scripture Romans 13:8-10

Did u even read my comment....
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Your epistle clearly doesn't answer a simple question even you acknowledged in your story.

Your thread....simple question....who is the devourer?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by CodeTemplar: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Originalsly:

Your thread....simple question....who is the devourer?
The same one in the bible Malachi 3
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Sleekfingers: 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
Any pastor collecting tithes is a thief....

Did your Jew man called Jesus collect tithes? Did he preach about it....or did he emphasizes on it...

So why all these useless pastors collecting it eg adeboye, oyakilome, tb Joshua, adefarasin and other useless pastors...
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by dsealofGod(m): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness.
Mathew 23 Vs 23.

It means you should do justice, obey the law show mercy and faithfulness...Then Pay tithe.

My question to you :
Are you are Pharisees or a Jew?
If yes then the woes are for you.
If no, then read Gal 3:10, and Gal 3:23-26

Show me just one verse from the Bible where Jesus or the Apostles collected or paid tithe?
Does it means they won't make heaven?
Christ is the end/purpose of the law. In Christ the law of Moses died. The law has done its job - to bring the Jews to Christ. Gal 3:23-26.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by openmine(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The devourer is gotten from the Malachi 3:10-12 scriptures right?
Now you asked how you could rebuke the devourer....and I asked which covenant are you currently observing?
Is it the old covenant whose laws contain the tithes and devourer or is it the new covenant that contains grace and the finished work on the cross?
Its impossible to be in the new covenant and receive punishment from the old covenant where Malachi 3:10-12 is coined from....
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by femi4: 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:
In the Old Testament the bible makes us understand that one of the benefits of tithe is God rebuking the devourer. Since our anti-tithe army have dispelled the usefulness of tithes after the coming of Jesus, How can I provoke Gods intervention in rebuking the devourer or personally [b]rebuke the devourer effectively? [/b]

Please let's keep it simple and provide bible backed arguments.
Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.” –Philippians 2:9-10.

Jesus is greater than any form of devourer. You need Jesus now not tithe to rebuke the devourer.

Same way you no longer need an animal's blood to wash away your sin but Jesus' blood
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by withchristalone(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
Malachi 1v1: God is talking to the people of Israelite as a nation. This will explain Malachi 3v8. Further your readings to Malachi 3v12 (all nations) which are not Israelite.

With this little pieces of the word of God there is no devourer of any kind; which Matt 23v23 gives us a clear clue towards what God wants from his people and (Heb 7v11-12) settled it.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by openmine(m): 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Did u even read my comment....

I did though some parts weren't explicit due to some typos all over the comment.....
Though,I thought you wanted to find out what change before and after the crucifixion of Christ..which was what I tried to explain using romans 13:8-10!
However,if you feel I misunderstood you writings,please help make it clearer so I can give you a better response!
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Yankee101: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
There's nothing wrong with a tithe. Muslims's zakat and atheists' charity are forms of giving. It's the way the Nigerian preacher presents it that is wrong.

When in doubt visit the same bible and read to understand yourself. It says clearly how to spend your tithe.

'Give to the widows, the orphans, soujourners (strangers/poor people/needy), priests (back in the day this type of priest was a Levi who had no inheritance, job or business in Israel but only to serve - but today Christians have become all royal priests under the everlasting order of Melchizedek. So first to the people of the household of Christ give, not necessarily your pastor) and from time to time use it to take yourself and your family to a place you like (parks, resorts, holidays) and eat what your heart desires (good healthy food - so that the tithe sometimes will help you enjoy life and bond your family together)

When your neighbour is dying because they don't have food or medication or can't afford a surgery and it's in your power to help but you rather take it to your flashy mega church pastor that can raise billions in one month, even in your heart you know you are lying to yourself and that this offering was not acceptable.

The same bible says when your neighbour comes to you don't turn him away when it's within your power to help

Prov 3 28
Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I'll give it to you”— when you already have it with you.

1 John 3 17
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Tejiriseth(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
Yeah of all them things mentioned, where did Jesu say people should pay tithe in Monetary form.!
Originakalokalo:

Mathew 23 Vs 23.

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by BERNIMOORE: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
What was jesus talking About here? was he upholding the Law?

Originakalokalo:

Mathew 23 Vs 23.

Jesus came during the Law! with significance: (His coming, His presence, and His Death) His coming was not to abolish the Law, But
''Jesus Death'' Ended the law...That includes Tithe

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by arrestdarrester: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
How did the Apostles rebuke the devourer, especially Apostle Paul?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
God's got his laws... he has the law for giving, the law for health, the law for protection... it's all in the Bible... Giving is part of the law of prosperity, if you want more money and favour to yourself, then is crucial to pay your tithes... Tithes is God's number one agreement with a Christian, and if you deny that from him, then your cheating God, and the funniest thing is, you can't cheat God... If you do that(by withdrawing from paying your tithes), your undoing yourself, because you've posted your financial prosperity from protection( the hedge), and the devil can come in and devour what he wants to devour from you... So always stay protected by staying under God's cover.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Ketshi: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Hello, the following is a copy of a conversation I had about tithing with someone else. It may not directly answer your question, but you will find enough in it to begin to answer your question.

I'll be happy to answer any further questions or provide clarification or defence for anything in the above.

Edit: if you can handle it, I am attaching a Word document of the full conversation which you can read at your leisure for better understanding.

I think many people misunderstand tithing, the old and new covenants. First, the covenants were about salvation and our relationship with God. When the old covenant was instituted, it was to expose the weakness of the flesh and make the people see the need of a saviour so they will accept His salvation. Israelites had a self righteous belief that hindered them from the best God planned so the law came. Gal 3:19.

Abraham paid tithe, so tithing predates the law. In Christ time, taxes were paid and till now we still pay tax. Is it now right to say that we should not pay tax because we are born again.

I'll advise you study on what the tithe was to be used for and then if you still expect the priest to be in the temple always, what will they noe eat?
Tithe is a command from God, its not a requirement for salvation but there's a blessing in it
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by sweetilicious(f): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The teachings of Jesus Christ are valid both before and after the Cross.

Jesus didn't do open teaching after his resurrection...

Should we throw away all his teachings then? No. Never.

Mercy, justice, faith are still weightier matters..

Tithing still remains valid... but not weightier as mentioned by Jesus himself.

We have the Holy Spirit to teach us and explain to us that giving is an act of being grateful...

either by tithing or any other way.

Take a look at the 10 commandments...

A child of God won't do any of those... invariably, he fulfils the law... both of Moses and the law of our land...

The differences between the time of the law and the time of grace are

1. Our righteousness does not depend on how much of the law we obey.... (Yet we strive to obey them all)

it depends on the blood of Jesus.

Since no one can fulfil the law WITHOUT ERRING IN ONE.

By the law, if you are in one, you err in all.

2. We are not to be punished by the law... if we err... rather, we receive grace by mercy..

Before the Cross, Jesus summarized the ten commandments into two :

Love God and love your neighbour.

This two summarises all the laws...

It was valid before the Cross and valid till now...

Tithing is not weightier... than mercy, faith, and Justice ....

but it shouldn't be left undone...
Am following.
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by paxonel(m): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
Why will a reasonable christian keep distorting money from his fellow christians using a law called tithing that was never practiced in christianity but in judaism?

Do they realise that old testament including malachi was judaism and not christianity?

It's like a muslim telling christians because there was one man paying tithe in the quran therefore christians should come and pay tithe, does that make sense?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Ovamboland(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
RealityShot:

first of all, Jesus said "the old law can be summarized into 2"
where did he say it is abolished?

secondly, Jesus said "i will destroy thistemple and rebuild it in 3 days"
so He rebuilt the temple after the cross.

finally, the royal priesthood still exists. The curtain in the temple was torn open NOT the alter or the church building.

All believers today are part of the royal priesthood. Am sure you can find that verse that says so.

My dear, if you truely love God, giving Him a tenth of your income will not warrant blasphemy and much oratory.

GIVE WHAT IS CEASERS TO CEASAR
AND WHAT IS THE LORD'S UNTO THE LORD. am sure you now who sad that.

am very sure that TITHE IS NOT COMPULSORY at least in the Anglican Church i attend.

Una weldone o, you have sown be back the torn veil and made the coming of Christ of no effect in your life
It's a tragedy if any Christian does not know that the tithing system is tied directly to the sacrificial system which Christ has abolished for christians in Hebrew 7.

If the system was described as useless and unprofitable, why is any Christian looking for profit and safety from devourers from vestiges of that same system?
Is it not insulting to the Almighty God that you must pay Him before he will move his hand. God that blessed unbelievers who don't know Him will ask his children to pay first before doing more for them, what a big insult.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Ovamboland(m): 9:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
nelsonoba:

So that Holy Ghost has disappeared today, right? Or do we now have the junior holy spirit today as against the real one during the time of early church?
So you at least understand that God was willing to kill two Christians just because a little lie over tithing? If tithing was not important before God, then why would The Almighty and MERCIFUL God kill 2 people for a little lie over tithe?? Or do you want to tell me that was the first time Ananias and Sapphira had told a lie in their life? Or do you want to tell me it was the first sin they had committed in their lives? Or you think other Christians around were 100% perfect and had never committed even one sin since they became Christians and joined the church?? Think again.......and ask yourself what it was about that money that made God willing to kill 2 people over a simple little lie they told about it

The money was immaterial, the principle has to do with lying to the Holy Spirit and decieving the brethren.
If they had refused to give any part or only half of the money and owned up, nothing would have happened to them.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by BERNIMOORE: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ovamboland:

The money was immaterial, the principle has to do with lying to the Holy Spirit and decieving the brethren.
If they had refused to give any part or only half of the money and owned up, nothing would have happened to them.

i loved the way you just sift the grain from the dirt here, grin grin grin whenever the Yahoo Tithe Mongers see any verse discusing giving Money or contributing Money in bible, Heyyyyyyyyy....They Authomatically Apply the Business angle of Money Sharpally grin grin grin
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Ovamboland(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2018
ollah2:

Exactly why dumbos like you tithe. Your god is now a MMM owner so investing in MMM will make you richer. Very stupid set of people.

Why aren't tithers stupdendously rich?
Ain't their money rule enough to be doubled?

They make it appear the devil is doing a better job of blessing his children.
Since they say if you are not born again you are of the devil. How many of the ten richest people profess to be born again?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Ovamboland(m): 6:49am On Oct 29, 2018
openmine:

Ohh God who fed you this humongous lies about Ananias and sapphira?

This is just the height of manipulation!
Eleyi gidigan....
Please I beg you study that verse in the bible and stop allowing erroneous or fraudulent pastors to brainwash you!
Every one sold their properties out of free will and gave to the apostles who used such to feed others who were in need!

The early Christians were never at any point in the bible obligated or demanded to pay a 100% of their properties sold!

Now Ananias and his wife after selling their own properties, agreed to keep some of the money while offering the rest to the apostles.....

When Ananias gave peter his own money,peter asked if this was the entire money from the sale of his property of which Ananias said yes.....
Peter,through the revelation from the holy spirit,discovered Ananias lied and confronted him saying he didn't have to lie since it was his money I could decide to give any amount at his disposal!

The reason Ananias and his wife sapahira died was because they "lied" not because they kept some money aside...after all,it was their money and had every right to offer anything according to peter!

If any one doubts me,check ACTS 5:1-11
Please peruse verse 4

Let's stop allowing erroneous or fraudulent pastors to keep manipulating scriptures to put believers in perpetual bondage!

He's in bondage to believe tithe=money.
That's why he's looking at as currency, can you imagine a Christian saying what Ananias and his wife was to pay is a tithe.
Ehn, 100% tithe, 50% tithe, can you imagine how far they've messed up modern Christian minds, with this situation are we sure rapture has not taken place centuries ago and we're already in hell or tribulations?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by openmine(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2018
Ketshi:

I think many people misunderstand tithing, the old and new covenants. First, the covenants were about salvation and our relationship with God. When the old covenant was instituted, it was to expose the weakness of the flesh and make the people see the need of a saviour so they will accept His salvation. Israelites had a self righteous belief that hindered them from the best God planned so the law came. Gal 3:19.

Abraham paid tithe, so tithing predates the law. In Christ time, taxes were paid and till now we still pay tax. Is it now right to say that we should not pay tax because we are born again.

I'll advise you study on what the tithe was to be used for and then if you still expect the priest to be in the temple always, what will they noe eat?
Tithe is a command from God, its not a requirement for salvation but there's a blessing in it
Bro can I ask you some few questions?
Was Abraham under any obligation whatsoever to offer the war spoils which you refer to as tithes?

Where there laws or instructions from God to Abraham to give a 10th of war spoils after rescuing his cousin lot?

If you said these were "unspoken instructions" about tithe(which I doubt based on what is written in the bible),then what about circumcision and burnt offerings whose instructions were clearly spelt out by God in the bible?

Burnt offerings and circumcision were not just instructions from God to Abraham for identity but also predated the law also....why are you not observing them?

Let's even believe that the laws of tithe as written in the law of moses was still in effect,why are most of the pastors going contrary to the "instructions of tithing" in Deuteronomy 14:22-29?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by openmine(m): 8:28am On Oct 29, 2018
Ovamboland:

Una weldone o, you have sown be back the torn veil and made the coming of Christ of no effect in your life
It's a tragedy if any Christian does not know that the tithing system is tied directly to the sacrificial system which Christ has abolished for christians in Hebrew 7.

If the system was described as useless and unprofitable, why is any Christian looking for profit and safety from devourers from vestiges of that same system?
Is it not insulting to the Almighty God that you must pay Him before he will move his hand. God that blessed unbelievers who don't know Him will ask his children to pay first before doing more for them, what a big insult.
As in ehh....e just tire me!
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by ebbyudom(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2018
My question as regards this is that if tithing as you have implied is still relevant today then why aren't we practising true, undiluted tithing? For exampl e.g why don't we tithe in goods rather than cash? Secondly, why is it that those who rather tithe in cash no longer pay an additional 20% as mandated in the Bible,? Thirdly, remember the Levites were not allowed to do any other work or to own landed properties, but to live a sober life devoted to the things of God. So why do our pastors of today use tithe proceeds to satisfy their material/carnal cravings?

Originakalokalo:

Mathew 23 Vs 23.

Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Brock1: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
grin grin grin cool

Ovamboland:

He's in bondage to believe tithe=mon ;Dey.
That's why he's looking at as currency, can you imagine a Christian saying what Ananias and his wife was to pay is a tithe.
Ehn, 100% tithe, 50% tithe, can you imagine how far they've messed up modern Christian minds, with this situation are we sure rapture has not taken place centuries ago and we're already in hell or tribulations?
Re: Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? by Danabu(m): 12:37am On Oct 30, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Mathew 23 Vs 23.

Before he died and rose form the dead. His death and rising changed the game!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Is There Going To Be a Great Revival Before Jesus Comes ? / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.