Stats: 3,192,961 members, 7,949,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure (7798 Views)

Calabar-ugep-ogoja-katsina Ala Road- Another GEJ Project Buhari Takes Credit / Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
Pathetic people!!! This is your logical form

T is wrong
B is wrong too
If be is wrong then we shouldn't think T is wrong

What an imbecilic way of thinking.

Jame: Jerry you stole my $5
Jerry: Tim stole your $5 too

Does Tim stealing make Jerry stealing pardonable? Common people. If you can't think, just don't talk or type,
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2010
Mariory:

It appears this was the fault of the contractor. The the government stepped in anyways and is doing it's job. So there really is no reason for the Original poster and his merry gang to be blaming Fashola directly.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/30/collapsed-lasu-iba-road-lagos-indicts-contractorlagos/

And some idiots are calling this a sink hole  - Sink hole ko singing lessons ni  - This is what you call incompetent and shoddy work
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by Mariory(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
Actually they are still invetigating the cause.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by Beaf: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
blacksta:

And some idiots are calling this a sink hole - Sink hole ko singing lessons ni - This is what you call incompetent and shoddy work

I am inclined toward that conclusion as well. There has to be a stop to b*llsh!t jobs in Nigeria, we will not develop without growing a credible set of standards and equally credible institutions to oversee them. Anything goes.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
blacksta:

And some idiots are calling this a sink hole  - Sink hole ko singing lessons ni  - This is what you call incompetent and shoddy work

You still never sabi the difference between wash away and sink hole even with picture in ya face?

Let me help you small,

Sink hole = Deep hole with surrounding surface mostly intact.

Wash away = Washing off/including the surrounding surface.

From the picture, the surrounding surface including the curb is still intact.  

Shey you understand now?

Is it by force not to use your brain?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
Beaf:

Seriously, it is tiring. Can you imagine that just discussing a road would lead to such? Nigerians sha! cry
philip0906:

well it just has 2 be so. . .cos on ground,thats how it is. . .sick country

hmmmm. . . . . I guess.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 12:32am On Jul 17, 2010
Biafrans are on here complaining about Lagos this, Lagos that. So, I mistakenly assumed that Biafra country was the most developed part of Nigeria. At least, thats what some people on here have led me to believe by talking about the got they most money, the most employment, the lowest unemployment, the most middle class in Nigeria ect. . . . So I went on the net and this is what I found;

PRESENTING LAGOS:

Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2010
http://images.biafranigeriaworld.com/BNW-Aba-Owerri-Road-on.jpg

AND REPRESENTING BIAFRA. I GIVE U BNW-ABA-OWERRI MUDSLIDE ROAD

Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 12:37am On Jul 17, 2010
Me humbly thinks this is a case of "remove the log in ur eye instead of worrying about the speck in mine".!!!! grin
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by honeric01(m): 12:47am On Jul 17, 2010
What is the point of discussion again oo? is it a sinkhole on a Lagos road or which road is better between Lagos and Aba?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 2:26am On Jul 17, 2010
honeric01:

What is the point of discussion again oo? is it a sinkhole on a Lagos road or which road is better between Lagos and Aba?

I think its about :Mind your damn business! Dont bother about the minor dent on the bumper of my Cls55 AMG while ur on the way to go catch the bus five blocks away!!!
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by honeric01(m): 2:32am On Jul 17, 2010
bk/babe90:

I think its about :Mind your damn business! Dont bother about the minor dent on the bumper of my Cls55 AMG while your on the way to go catch the bus five blocks away!!!

Hello, were you trying to say something?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 2:37am On Jul 17, 2010
honeric01:

Hello, were you trying to say something?

Yes, I was trying to say: "Stop continuously showing me the ketchup stain I got 3 minutes ago  on my Versace t-shirt , while rocking a $5 shirt u got "ON SALE" from Marshalls and have been wearing for the past 3 summers!!!".
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by honeric01(m): 3:04am On Jul 17, 2010
bk/babe90:

Yes, I was trying to say: "Stop continuously showing me the ketchup stain I got 3 minutes ago  my Versace t-shirt , while rocking a $5 shirt u got "ON SALE" from Marshalls and have been wearing for the last 3 summers!!!".

Still not making sense, let me know when you regain your senses. tongue
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 5:24am On Jul 17, 2010
bk/babe90:

Yes, I was trying to say: "Stop continuously showing me the ketchup stain I got 3 minutes ago  on my Versace t-shirt , while rocking a $5 shirt u got "ON SALE" from Marshalls and have been wearing for the last 3 summers!!!".

O ti ya we re - Please abeg you are a not a voice for the Yoruba people - Your hatred is on another level and you are totally consumed by it.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 5:26am On Jul 17, 2010
For God sake move your shit to the racism section - and stop derailing thread - The Topic here is Substandard road building by Area boys turned Civil engineers
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 5:32am On Jul 17, 2010
Johnson said it was regrettable that the road collapsed, adding that mild traffic jam should still be expected pending the completion of works on the road. Special Adviser to the Governor on Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa said LASTMA officials were fully on ground to direct traffic on the route, saying that he could not tell how long traffic would last on the route.
Johnson said what happened was a natural disaster beyond government’s control, saying that flood should be held responsible for the collapse of the road.
There was a heavy rain on Saturday, 20 June 2010 which caused flooding in Iba. The flood resulted in failure of a culvert across LASU-Iba Road, near Agboroko.
“A team of engineers visited the site to assess the situation and determine the reasons responsible for the failure,” her added.
According to him, it was observed that the pavement on one side of the carriageway had collapsed forcing motorists to share the other carriageway initially resulting in heavy traffic bottleneck.
“The distressed carriageway is the new pavement added to the original carriageway’’, he said.
He stated that prior to this incident, a rapid development in the Agboroko and Igbo Elerin axis and construction of illegal structures across Aperan Iba and Agboroko channels had been observed, adding that “the result of this is the build up of water in the mainly low-lying areas.”
Johnson added that “the possibility of huge volume of water had been identified by engineers working on the project at this and some other locations on the road. Plans were already afoot to address the problem by construction of multi-cell culverts at the locations before this unfortunate incident

Read more: Remedial Work Begins On LASU-IBA Road | Nigerian News – P.M. News Nigeria

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/24/remedial-work-begins-on-lasu-iba-road/#ixzz0tuXkxFd8

Is this a sink hole or Lack of proper drainage system ?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2010
blacksta
O ti ya we re - Please abeg you are a not a voice for the Yoruba people - Your hatred is on another level and you are totally consumed by it.
bk/babe. . .rejected by many grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2010
blacksta:

Please abeg you are a not a voice for the Yoruba people - Your hatred is on another level and you are totally consumed by it.

And when, Shrek, did I claim to be the voice of the Yorubas?

philip0906:

bk/babe. . .rejected by many grin grin grin grin grin

Of course, its expected! Like minds think the same! Am I the only one telling monkeys like him wut kinda trees to go swing from?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by ikeyman00(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^^^^^^

i think u should divert all that zeal on cocaine running in Colombia like ur okoman

adaka
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2010
ikeyman00:

^^^^^^^

i think u should divert all that zeal on cocaine running in Colombia like your okoman

adaka

Huh? Anyways, I'm on the phone with this sexy Ibo gal I met on NL (she'll die laughing once she sees this; I told her to check it), and ure disturbing my macking. So, keep it moving. . . . .
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2010
Me humbly thinks this is a case of "remove the log in your eye instead of worrying about the speck in mine".!!!!

true talk.

blacksta take note.

are the roads in your hometown better than the ones in lagos?

why not check them out and report back to us on nl.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2010
tpiah
true talk
blacksta take note.

are the roads in your hometown better than the ones in lagos?

why not check them out and report back to us on nl.
hehehehe. . .every yoruba di.Kk and harry now claim Lagos as their state grin grin grin even those 4rm akala's state. . .
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^your point?

your not being from lagos gives you mouth to ignore your own state while pouring abuse on others?

and are you blacksta or just his lover.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^
my point?just want 2 know if u are Lagosian? grin grin
I was born and bred in Lagos pay my taxes here nd so. . .
Prolly blacksta. . .jerk 'em? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^^i'm quite sure you know where your village is, outside lagos.

care to share with us what conditions are like over there?

are you yourself now claiming to be a lagosian after abusing others for allegedly doing the same?

**anytime one hears the words "I was born and bred in lagos", one immediately knows one is dealing with a person from an abule somewhere**
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^
u haven't answered mine question(if u care tongue)
cos u might just be 4rm Akala's hometown. . . grin grin grin
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^yes i am.

is that a problem?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^
Then ur Royal Highness,u have every right 2 ask me grin grin grin grin
. . .couldn't find d pix of my village on google grin grin grin. . .maybe,I would have 2 go on a trip there. . .
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^do that wink
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by philip0906(m): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^
Assignment grin grin grin
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2010
For those talking about Lagos not doing anything about drainage systems, Lagos is presently embarking on about 500 drainage projects all over lagos, i am talking about big canals here, from the urban areas down to the rural areas, i know the governor is not sleeping and he's showing that Lagos needs more and he's not going to stop until his best is achieved.

Biafra: British High Commissioner Visits Kanu In DSS Prison / Photo Of A Man Wearing G-string Goes Viral(pic) / Policemen To Undergo Drug Abuse Test – Arase