Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,175 members, 7,950,062 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (214734 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2007
kuwena:

Because my heart is beating
The ethers are rising
The chords are pricking on
Strung by sorrow's fingers
As I wait
As we all wait
For freedom's day
Will it come from the North
Or South or East or West
And who will bring it me?

Because my mouth is wailing
My voice is shrilling
Prodded by melancholy
As I wait
As we all wait
For freedom's day
Will it come today
Or tomorrow or the week after
And who will tell of it?

Who will tell of the day when my young
Need no more beg their bread
When the poverty of yesterday
Keeps behind the times
When the race for fortune's safe
Becomes the march to claim the gates
Storming the barbing
Leaping the tides
Sashes undone
Fleeced garments in red redresses
Floundering giving way to peaceful walking
Boats berthed at seashores with nets filled
Peter's fate before confessing sin
Amassing glories untold
Laying aside surplus portions for mine yet unborn
On that day when I beg no more
I will mouth a fresh intone
And it will look like the sky
When the day is still young.

phew!!! shocked shocked and to tink i thot i could write!!! buroda, u b the bomb!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2007
tommyex:

I say make i hail all of una ere oo,Have a nice weekend
And may your letters come this weekend,by God's grace.
I recieve it!!

Bros, if horses were wishes, riders will beg. cry cry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2007
uche7869:

[b][size=12pt]Opoks, aha, u don catch me, that was me with the barrack Obama tin, but na foR EBONY i READ AM O!!!!!!Point of correction my brother, I am not from Aba, ,IM from Ebonyi State,

About Bp, ,the correct site is what i gave u, www.bp.com:get to the site, ,click on careers,then on the side menu to your left u will see students and graduates, ,click on that too, and then go to Graduate and intern programmes by country , yes the drop down menu does not include nigeria but didnt u read this please note

"Please note: UK graduate and intern programmes are open to all nationalities. If your country is not listed in the drop-down we would encourage you to explore graduate and intern opportunities in the UK."

so select my country is not listed and click on go,,,,on the new page that appears ,go to the menu on the left scroll down and click on apply, u should be able to naviugate your wayu from there, bro, im doing mine ryt now, have some faith and resilience,

For bg-group.com, , the nigeria office will start recruitment next year but the UK international recruitment is now open , and just like with BP, , its for all nationalities too, so click on UK graduate recruitment and do your tin,

Bros, 'Traffic-warder' go fit you o! cheesy [color=#990000]But dem no dey pay well and no be Professional job. :- grin[

uche7869:

You know, for both BG and BP, , the bstart dates are september 2008, !!!!!tot u should know,

Bros thank you o! Na this kain 'info' we need for this thread. As we make our current plans to get into NLNG, let us not forget that there are equally good and/or better opportunities springing up.

And we can always avail one another the opportunity to know. Because Knowledge is Power!

Uche, you have towed in the line of Tolagbaju. except that yours is in the future. wink

May your dayz be as long and 'Geophysics' as his. But no loss for village o! embarassed tongue tongue

uche7869:

And opokns, about your first post, i still insist i don't need a plan B as far as NLNG is concerned,
You know i applied for MOBIL Graduate trainees,i wasnt invited, i only heard after d test that Mobil had problems with the email server and asked all who applied to gate crash,

I also applied for Chevron Drilling Rep, never made it past the first stage only Chevron knows why,

Shell nko, ,I applied for the shell SITP Too, I was also not invited only to hear that people gate crashed in warri and succeeded,

I also applied for the Mobil Postgrauate stuff, ,complete with my admission letter and school, my guys wey no even get letta them call them, was I called, MBA,

No need to mention TOTAL and Schlumberger,

so u see opoks, all things work together for good, for me, Having a plan B is an excellent idea, but for me my faith in God is so strong i don't need a plan B,

Bros, nobody put gun for your neck say you must get PLAN B. embarassed It's a question of choice.

I should have admired and even envied your faith . . . however, your actions contradict your words. embarassed embarassed

If you are truly Father Abraham who would sacrifice his son Isaac without a PLAN B! I wonder why you are not only applying to BG & BP but you are also urging others to do so! Abi is that one PLAN 1/2?

Bros, I say what I do and I do what I say. I'm a practical man! cool

The list of companies and jobs you have applied to, before or after NLNG SHOWS YOU ARE A REAL HUSTLER!

What? With dem MOBIL Graduate Trainee, Chevron Drilling Rep, SHELL SITP, Mobil Postgraduate stuff, Not to mention TOTAL and Schlumberger?

Bros, I never try reach you o!

In fact, your post shows say NLNG na even your PLAN C or PLAN D! I NO SABI WHERE I GO PLACE AM! undecided YOUR PLANS REACH 'F'!

Kindly use a more sincere language, YOU DON TIRE TO DEY APPLY. embarassed cry cry

Not to come give us faith after you have almost exhausted all other available optionS! tongue tongue HUSTLER! tongue

Anyway, kindly have no other plans but NLNG! Though your actions have broken that one already while your words speak another thing entirely! undecided

ONLY KEEP SHOWING US MORE VACANCIES! grin TO INCREASE OUR LONG TERM AND SHORT-TERM PLANS! grin

THEN YOUR DAYZ MAY BE LONGER THAN TOLAGBAJU'S! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2007
kuwena:

Because my heart is beating
The ethers are rising
The chords are pricking on
Strung by sorrow's fingers
As I wait
As we all wait
For freedom's day
Will it come from the North
Or South or East or West
And who will bring it me?

Because my mouth is wailing
My voice is shrilling
Prodded by melancholy
As I wait
As we all wait
For freedom's day
Will it come today
Or tomorrow or the week after
And who will tell of it?

Who will tell of the day when my young
Need no more beg their bread
When the poverty of yesterday
Keeps behind the times
When the race for fortune's safe
Becomes the march to claim the gates
Storming the barbing
Leaping the tides
Sashes undone
Fleeced garments in red redresses
Floundering giving way to peaceful walking
Boats berthed at seashores with nets filled
Peter's fate before confessing sin
Amassing glories untold
Laying aside surplus portions for mine yet unborn
On that day when I beg no more
I will mouth a fresh intone
And it will look like the sky
When the day is still young.

Nwoke m go and apply for NLNG Prize for Literature! [/b]Maybe you go even shake hands with IBB.

[b]Don't wait till you get grey hairs because by then,
NA OPOKONWA YOU GO SHAKE HANDS WITH! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2007
embarassedopoks, i will refrain from trading words with u, i dey hustle i agree, leave am like that, na me wey find trouble dey tell una abt work na me cause am, 4ur info all those jobs, lipsrsealed.y am i even explaining anything to u, u as always are a very arrogant sod, practical ko, practice ni, cos u have a good job dosent mean odas shunt strive to get theirs, God knows wats up wit evryone so i dont owe u anthing man, those that'll take advantage of d jobs can do so, like i said they are for sept 08, wat a planB!!!!shell and mobil advertised long b4 we wia even invited for the Lng assesssment so that i applied does not mean that im lyin like u insinuated, U sit on ur high horse cos u already have a job with Glo and want to judge me cos i applied to some jobs, its ur mouth, ,freedom of speech , so say what u want to say, ok, I said i dont have any plan B and i dont, so do wateva gets u off man and leave me d Bleep ALONE!!![/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2007
uche7869:

embarassedopoks, i will refrain from trading words with u, i dey hustle i agree, leave am like that, na me wey find trouble dey tell una about work na me cause am, 4ur info all those jobs, lipsrsealed.y am i even explaining anything to u, u as always are a very arrogant sod, practical ko, practice ni, because u have a good job dosent mean odas shunt strive to get theirs, God knows wats up wit evryone so i don't owe u anthing man, those that'll take advantage of d jobs can do so, like i said they are for sept 08, what a planB!!!!shell and mobil advertised long before we wia even invited for the Lng assesssment so that i applied does not mean that im lyin like u insinuated, You sit on your high horse because u already have a job with Glo and want to judge me because i applied to some jobs, its your mouth, ,freedom of speech , so say what u want to say, ok, I said i don't have any plan B and i don't, so do whatever gets u off man and leave me d Bleep ALONE!!![/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]

[color=#000099]I think say you get FAITH?! O YE MAN OF LITTLE FAITH!

Your FAITH was simply put to test by Da Great Opoks! cheesy AND IT FAILED TERRIBLY! embarassed

WHY THEN WOULD YOU LOSE YOUR STEAM?! IF YOUR FAITH WAS SOOOO PURE AND STRONG?!

Even with my so-called GOOD JOB!/b] [b]thanks to you! cheesy I have always advocated for multiple job searches and alternative PLANS. of which yours is not an exception.

But if you come here to tell us how 'FAT' and "ABRAHAMIC" your 'FAITH, is, how you'll never have a PLAN B, C or D blah, blah! blah!! blah!! because your FAITH in God is soooooo strong?! And yet, you're the FIRST to make a bee-line for a BG, abi BP job. [color=#990000]I ain't sorry bros but you're nothing but a HYPOCRITE!

SAY WHAT YOU DO AND DO WHAT YOU SAY!
SAY WHAT YOU DO AND DO WHAT YOU SAY!!
SAY WHAT YOU DO AND DO WHAT YOU SAY!!!
SAY WHAT YOU DO AND DO WHAT YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!

Next time you come to tell us how 'GRAND' your 'FAITH' is, simply know that you relate to an intelligent and practical group! who would not hesistate to 'look you in the eye shocked shocked shocked' and call your bluff!

ONLY PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH BRO! cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2007
Opokonwa (I mean, Your Excellency), it is true that Uche did not catch your drift; but could you not have done what Jesus said, dear brother? He said: 'If someone should slap you on one cheek, turn the other, so he may slap you as well.'

The average Nigerian is frustrated. I know, because I am frustrated too. There are practically no jobs out there. Many of my erstwhile friends, those with whom I finished school at the same time, now resent me because though I did not have to wait half a day to get employed (I mean, I was even still serving when I got a job), they have now been thrown into the harsh labour market, without knowing when they will ever get out of it.

I remember when I was posted to Government Arabic Secondary School, Kura, Kano, for my primary assignment, in October last year. It was as if the world had come to an end. I was to teach English to the dumbest children in the world. The only sentence they could speak correctly was 'I dunno,' and we both know that even that is not Queen's. It took all of the endurance possible to man to last there for the six weeks I ended up staying.

But posted to the same school was a girl that made a huge impression. She was willing to serve. She was a graduate in Accounting, with an Upper Credit; she taught Maths. She was punctual, humble, hardworking, and probably even more responsible than the principal. She took her 'job' so seriously that one began to imagine she had a personal interest in it. She too wrote tests, but never got called for any bank interview throughout her stay in Kano. She has now gone back to Abeokuta, where she lives.

I must confess that she could be a bigger asset to the bank than I am. She read accounting, and loves calculation; and we all know that most banking operations are left-brained, or computational. With her mathematical skill, she would scroll, analyze and monitor finances. With her punctuality and sense of service as well, she would always deliever the goods, as they say, on time; with her morality (she was the assistant head of the Corpers' Fellowship at Kura), she would never steal the bank's money (her father is even a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God); and with her frugality, the money she would earn would make her feel profoundly grateful, even when it might embarrass some. You need to see the way she lived on her eight-five. She was always ecstatic to receive it; she would go to the cheap Friday market and stock food, then eat and live respectably for the rest of the month, as if she earned a hundred thousand.

And what did she ask for? A job; just for a chance to serve her nation; but who would give it her? There are many like her in this country. All they want is a job, a little opportunity to serve; many would even do better than us that have jobs; but who would give it them? Who?

'In vain is your earlier rising, your going later to rest; you that are struggling for the bread to eat, while he pours His gifts on His beloved as they sleep' (Psalm 127 v 2).

Let us never take Yahweh forgranted. Peace.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2007
But why do we bother to argue this way anyway? Is it that NLNG is so big and mighty as to keep 464 Nigerians sleepless for a year now? What is this NLNG about? Who can say he truly knows the company. Most of what we may claim to know are possibly in the 'realm of conjectures,' no thanks to 'Drianny. And they will remain in that realm, till brought to solid earth.

Your excellency, sir, with your permission, I want the house to begin to try to understand through discourse what NLNG is all about; why was the company set up in the first place; why does Nigeria need her? What are some of the intricate workings of its inner bureaucracy? What is it doing to help the oil-and-gas-rich Niger Delta area? Why has it decided to Nigerianize, and so try to employ the best of Nigerians to move the company forward?

Other things we may spend time discussing are: What really is natural gas; what is its biochemical composition? What are engineers presumably expected to do in NLNG, and how much can they do? Are geologists needed to prospect for more gas reserves? Are gas reserves still to be found? What is the nature of the topography that supports gas reserves? What can NLNG do to meet up with the demand by the Federal Government that by 2008 all gas flaring must stop? What about the liquefaction process; what about pipes and drills? What can our young engineers do to fuel the workings of the company as a whole?

With regard to Social Responsibility, what is the External Relations department of the NLNG doing to give back to her host communities and the nation at large? Can the NLNG help to reduce the crisis in the Niger Delta, especially bearing in mind that it was a company (UAC) that first ruled Nigeria on behalf of the British? What are some of the self-help and developmental programmes apart from giving scholarships to deserving minds that NLNG embarks upon? Is the Literature prize really what an impoverished nation needs now? What about developmental broadcasting, or human development workshops?

With regard to marketing, how can NLNG make her gas more buyable in the international oil-and-gas market? What are some of her obstacles to trade; what are her goals; how can she make more money for her partners (Shell, Total, Eni and NNPC)? What are the ways by which greater relationships can be built? All these are areas that need to be looked upon.

With regard to legal issue, and human relations, and civil rights, and government relations, and administration, which is the way forward?

In view of the foregoing, Your Excellency, I propose (it is only a proposal) that you appoint ministers to talk regularly on these issues:

1. Opokonwa: on marketing (a president may assume a ministerial portfolio, in areas of need, as indeed Obasanjo has done before)
2. Adrian: on administration and corporate law
3. Kenosky: on liquefied natural gas (its biochemistry)
4. Kuwena: on Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Uche: on Engineering (assisted by Jbyno, whenever he can, and Tolagbaju,and Tommyex, and Wandel).

I propose the foregoing, in addition to our social posts. Only today I was privileged to watch a world debate on the relevance of the world bank, and I know that through perennial discourse, issues can better be resolved. Also, discussing NLNG will mean that we would be doing more research on the compnay; this is good, as when we finally get there, we would have learned quite a lot already.

Other posters not mentioned may also post on the topic, as participants.

Recall, in any case, that this is simply a proposal; we may simply ignore it.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2007
Recall too that the bible says that when you ask God for something, believe that you already have it, and it shall be granted you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2007
And as a parting shot, I will leave you with this nursery story. I wonder how many have heard it before. It is the story of the three baby owls.

Once upon a time, there were three baby owls living in the hollow of a tree. Their names were: Sarah, Grace and Bill. They lived there in the hollow of the tree with their mother.

One day, they woke up and found Mother Owl gone. They were alarmed. Sarah said, 'Where is mother; where has she gone?' Grace said, 'Suppose a fox has eaten her?' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!'

They waited and waited, but Mother Owl did not return. Sarah said, 'She has to come back.' Grace said, 'We shall starve if she doesn't come back.' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!' They climbed out of the hollow of the tree and perched upon the branch: a big branch for Sarah; a small branch for Grace, and an Ivy stub for Bill; and they continued to wait.

Sarah said, 'I think she will return.' Grace said, 'I pray she returns soon.' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!' And they huddled together, all of them settling on Sarah's big branch. They wanted to be together, to console one another with the warmth of their bodies. And they continued to wait.

Until Mother Owl came back! The three baby owls shouted in glee: 'Mother! You are back! Hurrah!' Sarah said, 'We missed you, mother.' Grace said, 'We prayed you would come back.' Bill said, 'I love my mummy!'

Mother Owl said, 'Why all the fuss! You knew I would come back. I would never leave my little darlings alone.' And she embraced all three of them: Sarah, Grace and Bill.

In the same way, even though we wait with bated breaths and in dire pensiveness, we do know that one fine day, NLNG will call us.

'Be still and know that I am God, supreme among the heavens, supreme upon the earth' (Psalm 46 v 10).
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2007
uche, y art thou vexed so sorely in thine spirit? why doth thou allow opoks rile thee so angry angry? Pally, u should learn to take a lil ribbing once in a while, I was shocked shocked myself wen u talked about not having a plan B and subsequently went on to list all d plans B, C, D - Z dat u had, i know how it feels to stay at home for even one month not to talk of so long! But i felt u would av known opoks by now, I hail ur faith but i must say there'z nothing wrong in having plans B or C, u 4get say we b humans?? And as per not owing anyone an apology, dats probably one thing u also have in common with opoks[/color]. [color=#770077]Bro, lets bury the hatchet (in dis case sheath ur swords!!! embarassed embarassed), for d o'clock of thine letas arrival approacheth.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2007
kuwena:

But why do we bother to argue this way anyway? Is it that NLNG is so big and mighty as to keep 464 Nigerians sleepless for a year now? What is this NLNG about? Who can say he truly knows the company. Most of what we may claim to know are possibly in the 'realm of conjectures,' no thanks to 'Drianny. And they will remain in that realm, till brought to solid earth.

Your excellency, sir, with your permission, I want the house to begin to try to understand through discourse what NLNG is all about; why was the company set up in the first place; why does Nigeria need her? What are some of the intricate workings of its inner bureaucracy? What is it doing to help the oil-and-gas-rich Niger Delta area? Why has it decided to Nigerianize, and so try to employ the best of Nigerians to move the company forward?

Other things we may spend time discussing are: What really is natural gas; what is its biochemical composition? What are engineers presumably expected to do in NLNG, and how much can they do? Are geologists needed to prospect for more gas reserves? Are gas reserves still to be found? What is the nature of the topography that supports gas reserves? What can NLNG do to meet up with the demand by the Federal Government that by 2008 all gas flaring must stop? What about the liquefaction process; what about pipes and drills? What can our young engineers do to fuel the workings of the company as a whole?

With regard to Social Responsibility, what is the External Relations department of the NLNG doing to give back to her host communities and the nation at large? Can the NLNG help to reduce the crisis in the Niger Delta, especially bearing in mind that it was a company (UAC) that first ruled Nigeria on behalf of the British? What are some of the self-help and developmental programmes apart from giving scholarships to deserving minds that NLNG embarks upon? Is the Literature prize really what an impoverished nation needs now? What about developmental broadcasting, or human development workshops?

With regard to marketing, how can NLNG make her gas more buyable in the international oil-and-gas market? What are some of her obstacles to trade; what are her goals; how can she make more money for her partners (Shell, Total, Eni and NNPC)? What are the ways by which greater relationships can be built? All these are areas that need to be looked upon.

With regard to legal issue, and human relations, and civil rights, and government relations, and administration, which is the way forward?

In view of the foregoing, Your Excellency, I propose (it is only a proposal) that you appoint ministers to talk regularly on these issues:

1. Opokonwa: on marketing (a president may assume a ministerial portfolio, in areas of need, as indeed Obasanjo has done before)
2. Adrian: on administration and corporate law
3. Kenosky: on liquefied natural gas (its biochemistry)
4. Kuwena: on Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Uche: on Engineering (assisted by Jbyno, whenever he can, and Tolagbaju,and Tommyex, and Wandel).

I propose the foregoing, in addition to our social posts. Only today I was privileged to watch a world debate on the relevance of the world bank, and I know that through perennial discourse, issues can better be resolved. Also, discussing NLNG will mean that we would be doing more research on the compnay; this is good, as when we finally get there, we would have learned quite a lot already.

Other posters not mentioned may also post on the topic, as participants.

Recall, in any case, that this is simply a proposal; we may simply ignore it.

i feel so honoured! cheesy i m however at a loss for words undecided undecided, and thus beg to defer to mr controversial (someone called him arrogant and on a high horse), mr fluidity and all of dem winners on this thread, na 4 una to decide but i wont mind drinking from the Prierian springs and i promise to drink deep for then shall my knowledge attain unimaginable heights. Like Winans phase II sang,

"anywhere u want to go,
if u really need someone to go,
if nobody else wants to go,
say Lord!,
its alrite send mi!!! wink"
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2007
I brought my Bulletin with me to the cyber cafe, because the readings of today are so apt that they must be shared. They talk on faith, and its utility. With respect to our NLNG situation, they prove very indispensable indeed. Let's start with the First Reading. For those who are Catholics, we should know that the usual Sunday has three readings: First, Second and the Gospel.

Today's first reading was taken from the Book of Habakkuk, Chapter 1, verses 2 to 3, and Chapter 2, verses 2 to 4. The theme of the reading was: The upright man will live by his faith fulness. The reading goes thus:

How long, Lord, am I to cry for help while you will not listen; to cry, 'Oppression!' in your ear and you will not save? Why do you set injustice before me, why do you look on where there is tyranny? Outrage and violence, this is all I see; all is contention, and discord flourishes. Then the Lord answered and said, 'Write the vision down; inscribe it on tablets to be easily read, since this vision is for its own time only; eager for its own fulfilment; it does not deceive; if it comes slowly, wait, for come it will, without fail. See how he flags, he whose soul is not at rights, but the upright man will live by his faithfulness.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2007
[b]At such moments in life when evil seems to triumph over goodness, when the wicked apparently flourishes to the detriment of the righteous, when the upright man's integrity seems to be mocked by the unpalatable conditions in which he finds himself at the end of the day in contrast with the affluence and material benefit the evil man has at his disposal; given such situations, there rises arises the tendency to question God's promise to identify with the righteous. That was the experience the prophet Habakkuk had as we see in the first reading of today. Disgusted with God's silence and seeming indifference in the face of his ordeal in the hands of his oppressors, he cried out, "why do u set injustice before me, why do u look on where there is tyranny?" (Hab 1 vs 3). Human though such complaints may be, such situtations as enunciated above call for "increase of faith" (Uche, indeed i hail ur faith) to enable the Christian understand the mystery of God's love hidden in his seeming silence. Like d apostles in today's Gospel reading, our prayer ought to be, "Lord, increase my faith". It is this faith that will help us to come to a deeper understanding and better appreciation of the fact that often, God's ways are not our ways and that his thoughts and the way he sees and judges things are far removed from the way we mortals do. In the second reading, St Paul seems to share the idea that far from being unconcerned and indifferent to the plights we suffer in witnessing to Christ, God has endowed us with the requisite disposition to put up with our everyday difficulties through the spirit he has bestowed on us, which is not that of timidity but rather of power and Love. with such spirit, he encourages Timothy to "bear hardship for the sake of the good news, relying on the power of God". (cf II Tim 1:cool. The need to b patient and wait for the unfolding of God's will even when we do not immediately understand it is a necessary part of our Christian vocation (I m sure even our moslem friends have got something like dis somewhere in the Koran). God's promise of justice is not deceptive. Habakkuk also said "if it comes slowly, wait, for come it will without fail". (Hab 2:3). When confronted with existential difficulties, we are called to remain steadfast in Faith and not waver, trusting in God whose omnipotence far transcends the immediate grasp and comprehensive ability of our mortal minds.[/b]

No b mi dey yarn o, na the spirit of peace, let there b no warring!!!! opoks, uche, sheath thine swords!!! cool cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2007
kuwena:

And as a parting shot, I will leave you with this nursery story. I wonder how many have heard it before. It is the story of the three baby owls.

Once upon a time, there were three baby owls living in the hollow of a tree. Their names were: Sarah, Grace and Bill. They lived there in the hollow of the tree with their mother.

One day, they woke up and found Mother Owl gone. They were alarmed. Sarah said, 'Where is mother; where has she gone?' Grace said, 'Suppose a fox has eaten her?' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!'

They waited and waited, but Mother Owl did not return. Sarah said, 'She has to come back.' Grace said, 'We shall starve if she doesn't come back.' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!' They climbed out of the hollow of the tree and perched upon the branch: a big branch for Sarah; a small branch for Grace, and an Ivy stub for Bill; and they continued to wait.

Sarah said, 'I think she will return.' Grace said, 'I pray she returns soon.' Bill said, 'I want my mummy!' And they huddled together, all of them settling on Sarah's big branch. They wanted to be together, to console one another with the warmth of their bodies. And they continued to wait.

Until Mother Owl came back! The three baby owls shouted in glee: 'Mother! You are back! Hurrah!' Sarah said, 'We missed you, mother.' Grace said, 'We prayed you would come back.' Bill said, 'I love my mummy!'

Mother Owl said, 'Why all the fuss! You knew I would come back. I would never leave my little darlings alone.' And she embraced all three of them: Sarah, Grace and Bill.

In the same way, even though we wait with bated breaths and in dire pensiveness, we do know that one fine day, NLNG will call us.

'Be still and know that I am God, supreme among the heavens, supreme upon the earth' (Psalm 46 v 10).

I v heard the story before (i went to a nursery school u know?) que sera sera, wetin go b, go b!! cool cool. He would neva leave us alone- dats for real. Dats y i always sign off "WE GO GET FOR BONNY! kiss kiss
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2007
Now, let us take time to analyze this reading. We shall also relate it to our peculiar situation. The prophet Habakkuk is lamenting to Yahweh. He is saying: 'How long am I to cry for hel, while you will not listen; to cry, 'Oppression!' in your ear and you will not save?' He is like us. We applied to NLNG in October 2006; we wrote the first test in March, and the econd one in March too; by June we were called for Assessment, and we have been waiting since then, without being informed of our fates. It is like oppression, and we are crying like the prophet; we are asking how long we will continue in this situation. Other companies that called for tests months after NLNG have called for final employment, but NLNG remains silent about us. Why? It is like what is happening in Zimbabwe. The people have been longing for a change in situation. The inflation rate there is about 8000 percent; people are really dying of hunger (this is not figurative speaking), but Mugabe their oppressor sits tight on power. The people are weary. Just like us. Some of us have even reached the stage where we don't even feel deserving to work for NLNG anymore; all we want is to know our fate; if we are not chosen, is it not better to be told? A friend of mine applied to MObil; he was not called, so he knew he had been rejected. Ngwa, ngwa, without further wasting time, he applied to an oil services firm in PortHarcourt; and that is where he is working now. He is a wise boy, and a great man, like my friend Udeme. He doesn't like his future to be forever kept in the realm of conjectures. His name is Uche, and we met on camp here in Kano last year.

But listen to the answer Yahweh gave the prophet. He said: 'Write the vision down, inscribe it on tablets to be read, since this vision is for its own time only: eager for its own fulfilment, it does not deceive; if it comes slowly, wait, for come it will.' This is like the story I told yesterday on this thread. Recall?

So, like Mother Owl, Yahweh is telling us to wait, that our letter will CERTAINLY come. One day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2007
The Responsorial Psalm is taken from Psalm 95 (95 by the Hebrew Version), and it read thus:

The response is: O that today you would listen to His voice, harden not your hearts.

1. Come, ring out our joy to the lord; hail the God who saves us
let us come before him giving thanks; with songs let us hail the lord.

Response: O that today you would listen to his voice, harden not your hearts.

2. Come in, let us bow and bend low; let us kneel before the God who made us,
for he is our God, and we are the people who belong to his pasture,
the flock that is led by his hand.

3. O that today you would listen to his voice, harden not your hearts as at Meribah
as on that day at Massah in the desert, when your fathers put me to the test
when they tried me, though they saw my work.

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2007
The Second Reading was taken from the Second letter of St. Paul to Timothy. 2 Timothy 1: 6-8, 13-14. The theme of the reading was: Never be ashamed of witnessing to our Lord. The reading goes thus:

I am reminding you to fan into flame the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you. God's gift was not a spirit of timidity, but the spirit of love, and power, and self control. So you are never to be ashamed of witnessing to the lord, or ashamed of me for being his prisoner, but with me bear the hardship for the sake of the Goodnews, relying on the power of God. Keep as your pattern the sound teaching you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. You have been trusted to look after something precious; guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit that lives in us.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2007
Let us take time to analyze the second reading. In it, Paul is reminding Timothy to continue to wax stronger as an evangelist. He must continue to preach the word of God. Even though Paul had got himself into prison by doing that very thing (preaching the word), Timothy was to go on preaching just the same. Even though people would laugh at Timothy for being a preacher of the word of God, Timothy was not to give up on God, but continue speaking with certainty about the saving help of the risen Christ.

In our own situation, we are asked by Yahweh to continue to post on this thread. There are many people who read this thread, I am sure, and begin to jeer and sneer at us. They laugh: Look at these foolish idiots; every time they will be talking NLNG, NLNG. Ha ha ha. There was even a time when someone had the effrontery to come here and yab us. He welcomed us to the world. We have been mocked and derided for being posters of our NLNG story, but St Paul is telling us to keep it up. He said: 'You have been trusted with something precious (our NLNG dream, and this thread); guard it with the help of the hOly Spirit who lives in us.'

It reminds me of the Negro Spiritual our ancestors in Diaspora sang:

We shall overcome (2ce)
We shall overcome someday
For deep in my heart, I do believe
We shall overcome someday.

Amen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2007
The Gospel acclamation reads thus:

Alleluia, alleluia!
Speak Lord, your servant is listening: you have the message of eternal life.
Alleluia!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2007
Then the Gospel. The Gospel was taken from Luke 17: 5-10. The theme was: If only you had faith!

The apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith.' The Lord replied, 'Were your faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be thou uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you. 'Which of you with a servant ploughing or miding the sheep would say to him when he returned from the fields, 'Come and have your meal immediately?' Would he not be more likely to say, 'Get my supper laid; make yourself tidy and wait on me while I eat and drink. You can eat and drink yourself afterwards'? Must he be grateful to the servant for doing what he was told? So with you: when you have done all that you have been told to do, say, 'We are merely servants: we have done no more than our duty.'
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2007
Let us briefly comment on the Gospel. It speaks of the same thing: faith. It also tells us that everything that God has made is subject to us humans, like servants are subject to their master. And we should have the power to command them to do our bidding; be they human elements, or objects. Do you recall what happened when Jesus was asleep in the stern, and the disciples were drowning? They woke Jesus up, and told him, 'Do you not care? We are sinking!' And Jesus rose and rebuked the wind. He said: 'Peace, be still!' And the waves subsided.

In the same way, we are to speak to our NLNG situation, and it will obey us. We are to command, and it shall come to pass. Alleluia!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2007
Lastly, let us go over the Prayers of the Faithful:

My brothers and sisters, we have been blessed with the gift of faith, by which we trust God above everything else. Let us pray to the Lord in confidence, knowing that he will answer our prayers.

For the church
May the faith of her members increase and shine forth to the world as a jewel of rare price
We pray O lord

For Christian members of government
May their faith grow like the mustard seed, and reach out into every aspect of their lives, so that in all things they seek God's will
We pray O lord

For those whose faith has grown cold
May they be open to the Holy Spirit, who will fan into a flame the gift of their faith, and renew in them Christian commitment
We pray O lord.

For an increase of faith in the community
May we look upon our work and prayer as our service of the lord who has blessed us with christian faith
We pray O lord

In silence we pray for our own intentions to God, our loving father (here I prayed concerning NLNG).

We pray with Mary, who heard God's word: hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus; holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Father, in faith we make our prayers to you, and by the same faith, we trust that you will answer them, through Christ our lord Amen.

The next thing I heard the lay reader say was: Offering time! ANd we all responded: Blessing time
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2007
where all man run go na make una yarn before i vex o!!! angry angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kelecchi: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2007
I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD THE HEART AND MIND OF GREAT NIGERIANS WILLLING TO INVEST THEIR INTELLECTUAL MIGHTS A GREAT COMPANY LNG. IT IS AWESOME! I WISH LNG COULD READ THIS THREAD AND THEY WILL KNOW THE'VE GOT MORE THAN THEY BARGAINED FOR, LITTLE WONDER IT'S TAKING THEM TO PICK A SIMPLE 70 FROM 464. I URGE YOU ALL TO REMAIN STEADFAST. WITH OR WITHOUT LNG, THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT.
b]KUWENA[/b] YOU SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO SPENT SOME TIME IN A SEMINARY. DID yOU? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE CATHOLIC.
KENOSKY I HARDLY SEE U ON STIME THESE DAYS. WETIN THEY HAPPEN, ARE YOU ALREADY LOGGING OUT OF Z,
WE WILL SEE IN LAG ABI,
AM SURE THAT IS WHEN THE THUNDER WILL STRIKE,
WE WILL DO OUR DOCUMENTATION THERE,
AND WHO KNOWS IF WE WILL STILL RETURN TO OUR BRANCH,
ONLY GOD KNOWS,
STAY BLESSED HOMMIES
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ Kenosky

We 'kuku' dey here. I just had a quick opportunity to browse.I am at KPMG training school exploring my plan B having left intercontinental Bank. Only God knows the number of 1st class guys here.

Read up on things I have missed and I can see our letters will soon arrived. We are almost at thwe end of our long wait. I smell victory.

Have a great week everyone
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2007
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Hi, am Tunde, not been around for sometime now, all i would say is let's just put our hope in God and we all be smiling soon. Ps 37:1-5
see ya all in training schoool
tunde
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2007
Hi everone,

Just had time to flip through the past gists I missed. I was greatly abashed and almost went red when I saw all the love shown me.

@ Opoks, I almost thought for a while back you were going to go one for a page on 'Flaunting' grin grin

@ Kuwena, it was just God all through and I know say He go do this on too.

@ lindiwe I would be resuming at BAS and I have heard enough gist to know say plenty work dey.

Anyway KPMG is a cool place and you only need to interact with the folk here to understand that the future of Nigeria can only be great.

I miss posting and reading this thread.
Have a great week everyone
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ adrianic,

Kindly let me have your phone number so that we can talk one of these days. Mine is 08034295137
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2007
hmm OPOKS

I was feeling u when i was readin ur post,forgettn that it was kinda a guy u were yabbin so much,it was when UCHE replied that i realised that what u said coulda hurt him.
Oya make una settle oo,so we wont take BLOWS 2 enter plane,feel me?
Lets pray 4 1 another oo,and dont be as selfish as i am, grin

Uncle Ken
I hear u oo
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2007
Opokonwa (I mean, Your Excellency),
from Kuwena

I beg to be humble cry I REFRAIN FROM TAKING THE "YOUR EXCELLENCY" TITLE cry cry cry PLEASE SPARE ME THAT! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The issue I had with my dear Uche is 'saying A and acting B' on the same thread, in the same page and before the same distinguished audience! shocked

I have no issues with anyone applying to a BG job I went there myself to check it out .  .  .  and probably apply.

I have no issues with someone Not Having a Plan B. no be for my pocket now!

The issue I have is this:

If you wanna blow red; blow red, stay red and remain red! shocked

If you wanna blow blue; blow blue, stay blue and remain blue! shocked

I am a redddddddddddd!!!!!!!!! shocked I advocated for Plan Bs long before it became popular and I stuck with it. I'm not surprised afterall that almost everyone seemed to see the wisdom later!

If you are 'Blue', I will respect and perhaps revere you from my 'Red' position because I know I cannot be a 'Blue' except something unprecedented happens to me.

But if you tell me you are a 'blue', and LOUDLY disassociate yourself from a 'red' on the same thread, in the same page and before the same audience! then make a beeline for a Plan B just like a 'red', on the same thread, in the same page and before the same very audience! then I have no option to question your so-called FAITH.

I always like to say what I do and do what I say! IRRESPECTIVE OF WHOSE OX IS GOAD.

Call me a man of my words . NO YAWA!

Whether your Plan B is in 2008 or in 2065, na PLAN e be! how much more when you start doing it now!

Afterall, my PLANSTANFORD was clearly two years after NLNG. if NLNG happens! undecided but it's clearly one of my PLAN OPTIONS.

I always like to have a relationship between 'what I say' and 'what I do'.

If I suggested anything here, it's either because I am already living it or seriously considering living it!

@Uche,

You are angry with me because I brutally pointed out your inconsistencies. Well I no know how to hit small small embarassed!
I rather call a spade a spade, say things in black and white than 'die' in pretense.
My spirit resents 'deception'.

If being 'an arrogant sod' is the price I have to pay for making people say what they do and do what they say, I rather 'die an arrogant sod'.

I HAVE NO APOLOGIES.

I may even not make 'the pick' into NLNG . . . NLNG may finally drop me out of their list for all I care . . . but on thiz thread! . . . people have got to experience Opokonwa raw!

I RATHER SAY THE TRUTH THAN DIE TRYING!

TAKE AM EASY BRO UCHE. grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2007
@Opoks, ,His MAGESTY, ,U can call me deceptive all u can, im not, !!but this is d last time i'll exchange words with u or comment on wateva u say, if i need a plan b, i'm smarter than to adopt one that is a year away, so if NLNG no work out i go sidon house for 1yr dey await BP and BG abi, very funny, grin, Plan B is supposed to be for wen somtin fails?abi?so if LNG no call Na BG ,BP go be my plan B, ?For clarity's sale the shell,mobil etc, were all almost at the same time with NLNG selection tests too, all i meant by not having a plan B is that after the assessment ctr, ,my faith is such that I dont need one, My broda, ,since u r now the tempter pls be informed u did not shake my faith, God knows where I stand with him faith or not, I dont need ur Approval, [size=12pt][/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.