Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,006 members, 7,919,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:42 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (213838 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 5:22am On Oct 10, 2007
[b][size=8pt][size=8pt]Coming together is a beginning,
keeping together is progress,
and working together is success.
[/size][/size]

Good morning all, please do av a great day!!! smiley wink and no fighting today, no name kallin and no mudslinging grin. If i retur grin from work and read of any fights, i will b sad, den embarassed, dis will cause mi to get angry and and lose my cool instead of cry, i ll b shocked but i no go keep lipsrsealed, i m still undecided on punishments to mete out to offender but there will definitely b no smiley nor kiss for dem rather i will give dem d tongue and send them to bed without FOOD!!! grin grin grin[/b]

kuwena, jill et al missing in action, we need to read from una o. Tolagbaju still dey villa?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 5:39am On Oct 10, 2007
skeelo, i dont want to believe that u dont av a plan B or that there's no one who hasnt tried other options, abeg let's not start with wetin opoks and uche just bury!!! undecided undecided puhleaseee!!! say ur plan B's neva work no mean say u no get any. Buroda, e must beta, dats wat i know so no feel like say na only u, like nfcs motto- keep living the faith, God go do every!!!

Meanwhile, on our bad belle people dem claims say we neva play beta teams, i no sabi weda Portsmouth and Tottenham na yama yama, even fulham, abi our victory over Sevilla no b am? Chelsea don lose to Aston villa, draw for house with same fulham abi dem don get tighter fixtures pass portsmouth who are 2 steps ahead of dem. Make dem play ball and stop whining o jare!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AdeizaJay: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2007
Hi all,

I guess I am the latest addition to this growing house. Kudos 2 all d fellas in the house. I just had a gist that NLNG started sending letters out on Friday last week.

Can anybody confirm if this is true?

Thank you all and have a nice day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2007
pgm,

welcome back bro.

whenevr u go AWOL and i am left with opoks,kenosky and kuwena,i usually ask "who is the craziest of us?".

i usually give it to kenosky ,opoks and maybe me.

but whenevr u are back,i realise dt "our crase na apprentice where ur own dey".

u praise our writing styles but i adore urs.

where u go since?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2007
adeiza jay,

welcome.

everything relating to nlng recruitment process remains in the realm of conjectures.

no letters have been sent out except that sent out in the minds of rumour mongers.

this is authoritative.capish
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2007
Adeiza Jay:

Hi all,

I guess I am the latest addition to this growing house. Kudos 2 all d fellas in the house. I just had a gist that NLNG started sending letters out on Friday last week.

Welcome to the thread!!!!!

as per the info, for now it can only be another addition for the "realm of conjectures" folder  undecided undecided until after confirmation
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2007
adrianic:

pgm,

welcome back bro.

whenevr u go AWOL and i am left with opoks,kenosky and kuwena,i usually ask "who is the craziest of us?".

i usually give it to kenosky ,opoks and maybe me.

but whenevr u are back,i realise dt "our crase na apprentice where your own dey".

u praise our writing styles but i adore urs.

where u go since?

am not that crazy. i think mischievous will do better!

still thanks for the compliments. u guys have brought a flavour to this thread that compliments Kuwena's posts. u know humour and wits plus spirikokoish bookishness times "crase" divided by wrangles. It's cool!!!

I've been somewot busy at work and the thread was moving like james bond. couldn't catch up fast enough.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2007
kenosky,

u be humble guy.

its difficult for some pple to reveal that despite their being geniuses like u quite a number of companies failed to take them.

and now u work in what we all know as d envy of the banking world.and u go soon comot by God's grace go a more solid place.

i purposely replied dt guy because silence in this case might just have been misconstrued.

we dont even know whether the numbskull has a job,or what school he finished from or anything about his "life".

and my anger be say he is worsestill ,a copycat.hin wan copy opoks style.controversy no be for everybody,it takes self confidence to maintain it.

even after apologising to uche ,he still went ahead to say "but i was merely stating the obvious".

what was obvious?

at least with opoks and uche's altercation,we all know dt the guy has a plan B even though it may not have been identified as strictly so.

even opoks and uche's apologies were unequivocal.

d "thing" saying i did not mention a plan B forgot dt i am a lawyer which in itself is a plan B.

the wisest fool in this country knows dt lawyers may not get well paid but we undergo pupillage under seniors after which we take our destinies in our hands.(and i have done mine with a lawyer with 20 years experience)

i am more than qualified to start my own legal practice.

men,make person yarn other better things.its too early to start considering some "esinsin"

hp u are having a great day at work
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2007
opoks,

how far.

we havent heard from u today.

i have noticed that u are always the first to post in the mornings and ur posts usuall read"8.25 a.m".

i came today expecting to see same but u were not here.

hope u are good bro.how jab
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2007
@adrianic

much as your are entitled to your grievances, as a result of which you are allowed your outburst , i would like to correct you alittle

yes you do not owe me an explanation of your plan b, that doesn't take away the fact that you haven't by any chance mentioned anywhere on this thread that you have a plan B even if you advocate for it.

You might be an excellent graduate of the University of Ibandan, i do not begrudge you that. i myself didn't make a first class, but i must say that i made an excellent second class upper, with an aggregate above 4 pts out of a total of 5, from the prestigious University of Nigeria, in the dept of Electronic Engineering.having made a total of 8 A's in my waec out of 9 courses, i need not further elaborate my academic excellence. i need not list my scholarships.

in terms of work experience, do you have anybody in the University of Ibadan that got employed before he finished his university degree by a reputable corporation, who even went further and negotiated his salary and work conditions, all these before he finished school?
go to the university of Nigeria and ask who achieved this feat.

i can bet that nobody in this thread earns close to what i take home monthly, even opoks who should be well paid, doesn't earn that much. this then leads to the question of what am looking at getting from NLNG, this is a topic for another day.

let me tell u ,i know nobody in nlng not even a cleaner and like i told opoks when he came newly to the thread God forbid that my faith in him should be hinged on nlng.

i have a profusion of options and i don't particularly hinge my hopes on NLNG, after all i just turned down an offer from schlumberger, because their conditions do not met my present status.

faith without good work, is a very clear statement, it is probably your interpretations that are flawed.

good works is not exclusive to what you do for others but inclusive of what you do for yourself, you do good work when you position yourself stratigically for employment.
when a bank job is your plan b, then that one is not really a plan B, any tom dick and harry can get a bank job, so its not a difficult one, you of all people should know this.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2007
adrianic:

opoks,

how far.

we havent heard from u today.

i have noticed that u are always the first to post in the mornings and your posts usuall read"8.25 a.m".

i came today expecting to see same but u were not here.

hope u are good bro.how jab

yeah it's unusual for opoks to be missing in posting

let me think

1. phaps he had a long wild nite and is suffering from hangover

2. phaps he's stooling and couldn't make it early to work

3. phaps his car broke down on his way to work

4. phaps he ran in to Uche on the way and they began to fightu know to settle those scores like real men! grin

5.  phaps he met a fine chic on the way and u know the thought of work easily flies away in such situations

6.  phaps his internet link is down

phaps . . .

7. he forgot to put on his boxers and his pants (trousers) kept sticking into his buttocks   lipsrsealed  undecided so he had to go back and put them on hence the delay

On a more serious note,

Opoks broda we wish u well.

Really longing to read from you!

shalom
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2007
@kenosky,
you said you were 2nd best, what course did you read, if i may ask. having asked a couple of people here, they have confirmed to me that zenith entry level( which i suppose is your position) , doesn't pay up to 100k a month, how does that make zenith highest paying bank?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2007
okoroboy,

i am sure in that thing u call a mind,u have really achieved.

u made an aggregate above 4points out of a total of five.and its an achievement?

u are indeed a most unfortunate human being.

so getting a job to u is the ultimate achievement.

now i understand the meaning of being a graduate but not being educated.

u asked if there is a person in the university of ibadan who got employed even before he graduated.

my joy comes from the fact that ur question shows ur level of education.and as we say in law"res ipsa loquitur" -the facts speak for themselves.

now i am grossly convinced that common sense is not truly common.

my consolation also comes from the fact that kenosky and opokonwa have proved at different times dt UNN is a good school.without them on this thread,i would not advice my house maid to attend a school where a person of ur level of thought graduated from.

u even said nobody on the thread earns up to what u take home in a month.is dt an achievement?ur school fees should have been used in purchasing a chess board.

i have never hidden my disdain for the banking industry and even though dt is an appropriate plan B,i have never taken it seriously.the only bank test i wrote was dt of first bank which i passed but refused to go for the interview knowing i am not cut out for such jobs.

u even tend to forget that a bank job is the life dream of some people.so y then is it not a plan B?

as the latinists say "tu me miseret"-i am sorry for you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2007
okoroboy,

please in the name of all that is sacred,stop disgracing ur family.

much as we know dt some engineers have a difficulty in really grasping the english language,we do not need u to make it more obvious.

kenosky had earlier said that he first worked with first bank before moving to zenith bank.

is dt in that thing u call a mind an "entry level"?

is life about having the cash or having the cash and spending it judiciously?

is it not better to sell spare parts dn to have ur kind of knowledge.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2007
okoroboy,

when i saw your post ,i first laughed and said it would make a lot of sense to ignore u.

but i fall under the category of people who do not suffer fools gladly.

and i am so sorry to say there is more hope for a fool than for u.

i have stated so many times that a fool may be considered wise when he keeps quiet.

from your post it shows so clearly that u have not truly digested the thread the way u ought to before making your contributions.

prior to the arrival of opokonwa on this thread and moreso since his arrival i have never stopped the  mantra that a plan B is a necessity.

i do not owe u a duty of stating what my plan B is.

i am a graduate of the university of ibadan and the nigeria law school and i must say with all unequivocality, that though i may not have a first class(and thank God i have never claimed i did)i have one of the best results u will see in your life.

i am sure your application was done for u by a family member because if u did yourself u would realise dt nlng asked for a minimum grade of a 2nd class upper.anybody still left at this stage has at least a 2.1.

in my field which is law,i must say i can hold my own anywhere among my peers.

i have faith in God and i have never hidden dt fact but i have also stated here on this thread dt i have quite a number of options even if nlng ends up not working out.

i got my present job about a month before the end of my youth service based strictly on my results and performance.

i have more achievements dn your miserable soul can ever conceive.

let me tell u ,i know nobody in nlng not even a cleaner and like i told opoks when he came newly to the thread God forbid that my faith in him should be hinged on nlng.

i had thought at first that your problem was ignorance but i think u suffer from an illusion of knowledge.believing u know me and uche and better still God.

there is a need to make a further clarification of your illiterate understanding of the bible verse  which u quoted.

faith without good works.does good work sound to u like the having of a plan B.the bible admonishes us not to have faith alone but to persist in good work like helping people and being generally charitable.

by this our faith would make meaning to non-believers.i dnt understand where a plan B comes into into d picture.even your last post shows that u are more desperate than all of us put together.

much as we all have afundamental right to be stupid(its enshrined in the constitution) we must clarify the boundaries.

different people have different styles of approaching issues.

uche has decided to say nothing to u which i would read as silence being the best answer to a fool.

i have decided to answer u because in law silence, though not in all cases, but in most , is often regarded as acquiscence.

from Adrianic

Oga 'Okoroboy'

I asked you to 'drive carefully'. cry

You see, you don start fight now! cry

E dey pain me o! cry cry GAGA O! cry
Abeto mare o! GAGA O! cry
E dey pain me wellu wellu o! cry cry GAGA O! cry

Okoroboy! Adrianic!! cry cry YOU BE ONE! cry
Kenosky! PGM!! Uche o!!! cry cry YOU BE ONE!!! cry
Kuwena! Opoks, Adeiza WE BE ONE!!! cry

I WONDER WHY WE DEY KILL OURSELVES cry cry cry GAGA O! cry

Abeto mee! cry cry GAGA O! cry
E dey pain me wellu wellu o! cry cry GAGA O! cry

Ee! cry cry GAGA O! cry
Eee!! cry cry cry GAGA O!!! cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2007
@adrianic

well, in a fairness, without bias, you must agree that i have achieved some level of success, even if it is not the ultimate, in all fairness, at least u can admit that.
it is easy for us to derogate our own, am a proud graduate of the university of nigeria, i currently work in an international organization, where the brightest minds from multifaceted backgrounds and universities abound, one thing i can say is that there is only a level to which your education can take you.
your university or education, as the case may be can only take you to the door, it might even open the door of success to you. but its your personality that would walk through that door, it is your abilities that would keep you in the corridors of success, not your paper qualifications. in that regard, i would regard my so called "achievements" as academic and i strive to use my abilities to remain in the corridors.

now adrianic, i admire your courage,in exposing your ignorance, let me enlighten you.

when you have an experience level less than 3 yrs , you can only entry level jobs in the banking sector, this is a result of the fact that you are judged on your years of experience, not on your competence as is the case in other sectors, like the IT industry.
small small dey expose yourself. tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AdeizaJay: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2007
It is rather surprising how people can generate unfounded rumors!

But come to think of it, why is their 'abracadabra' taking forever?

Let them decide so that guys can go on with their lives. Can you imagine that one of my friends waiting for the same stuff refused to furnish the house he just got. His argument: Why would I waste money on expenditure when I am Bonny bound? He uses all his money to buy shares.

Logical I will say. But what happens if NLNG did not call him at last? I guess it is a win-win situation for him. How many others are tied down because of their (NLNG) seeming indecision? We may never be able to tell in full. Let's keep praying.

Cheers.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
Adeiza Jay:

Hi all,

You 'heard the gist'?

CONFIRM FROM "WHERE YOU HEARD THE GIST". WHY GIVE US 'ASSIGNMENT' SINCE WE APPARENTLY HEARD NO GIST. undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by lovelynk(f): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2007
Dear Okoroboy,
I guess u are good, but i must confess the way u talk does not reflect it.please don't continue that way.

You see great minds are known by the way they talk. your speech does not suggest u are one.Please stop telling us how scholarly u are,just keep making your contribution because i believe that in due course we will be able to say how good u are, not based on what u have told us but on what we have seen from your posts,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2007
adrian, your take on okoroboy wuz really a classic. How d kolo man go yarn say all high profile establishments don turn down Uche and You. D guy is not only crazie but is possessed by the spirit of "cheap popularity", he really goofed by trying to use uche to shine. @okoroboy, i have a 1st class, was 2nd best graduating student in my school- almighty UNN, 2004 but guess what? KPMG, PwC, Diamondbank (all after the last stages o, i think KPMG was after seeing an associate partner, even Opoks was turned down by KPMG!!!  ), PZ (after stage 3), almighty Shell (ddnt even get in touch, maybe them mean say i no pass their test na), ddnt think i was good enough for them,  Zenon, GtB, Oceanic and some odas (ddnt even kall mi for tests)!!!  , now u come here, stand there with a 2.1 i doubt u can defend and say u like to say whats on your mind. y u dey copy 2face
from Kenosky

i am a graduate of the university of ibadan and the nigeria law school and i must say with all unequivocality, that though i may not have a first class(and thank God i have never claimed i did)i have one of the best results u will see in your life.

i am sure your application was done for u by a family member because if u did yourself u would realise dt nlng asked for a minimum grade of a 2nd class upper.anybody still left at this stage has at least a 2.1.

in my field which is law,i must say i can hold my own anywhere among my peers.

i have faith in God and i have never hidden dt fact but i have also stated here on this thread dt i have quite a number of options even if nlng ends up not working out.

i got my present job about a month before the end of my youth service based strictly on my results and performance.

i have more achievements dn your miserable soul can ever conceive.
from Adrianic

You might be an excellent graduate of the University of Ibandan, i do not begrudge you that. i myself didn't make a first class, but i must say that i made an excellent second class upper, with an aggregate above 4 pts out of a total of 5, from the prestigious University of Nigeria, in the dept of Electronic  Engineering.having made a total of 8 A's in my waec out of 9 courses, i need not further elaborate my academic excellence. i need not list my scholarships.

in terms of work experience, do you have anybody in the University of Ibadan that got employed before he finished his university degree by a reputable corporation, who even went further and negotiated his salary and work conditions, all these before he finished school?
go to the university of Nigeria and ask who achieved this feat.

i can bet that nobody in this thread earns close to what i take home monthly, even opoks who should be well paid, doesn't earn that much. this then leads to the question of what am looking at getting from NLNG, this is a topic for another day.
from Okoroboy

BROTHERS, IS THIS A BRAGGING SESSION?

I can tell from your posts that all you guys are Great Guys!

All your achievements can be envied! .  .  .  infact everyone on this thread is GREAT!

SO WHAT ARE YOU GUYS FIGHTING FOR?

Okoroboy, frankly, I think you stepped on toes with your post referring to Adrianic and Uche much like me, when I entered. undecided

But I also think you can make-up with everyone here politely and humbly. cry NO EGOS AFFECTED! Everyone here is a Great Guy! And Babe!!! tongue

LET US DIVERT ALL THESE 'ENERGIES' TO OTHER THINGS! grin

Frankly, we all have 'real issues' to bother with. What, with NLNG playing dog and monkey with our letters and their recruitment beginning to look shady.

And you guys are here 'playing Royal Rumble'? angry THIS THREAD IS BEGINNING TO BORE ME!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tolagbaju(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2007
Hi folks,
Sorry for the long silence. I've been enjoying my leave to the fullest that I hardly av chance to browse. It's so good to be free,there has been no dull moment.The manager I know in NLNG is not ready to give any info again. He said since he can't do anything to influence my recruitment, then their is no need for him to be going to HR for anything. He said I should leave it to fate and destiny. I'm sure nobody can influence the selection of the lucky 70. I've rest my mind and resign to fate. I'm only waiting for the 1st person to post that he's seeing his offer letter. Let'shope they get back to us this month. Adrianic, opoks and kuwena I hail oooooooooooo, U guys are too much. Out of here to enjoy my leave. No shaking, NLNG or not let's keep our dream alive. Luv y'all.
I SIGN OUT NOW.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Opoks, @adrianic, @Kenosky, kindly ignore okoroboy. lipsrsealed, he wan copy Opoks make e dey popular by trying to stir contoversy with his 1st post, he's not worth it, undecided

About NLNG and runs, ,can anbody amongst dis distinguished audience stand up and name a multinational or multilocal company in Nigeria, Oil company or not where runs no deyShell,Chevron,total,Agip,NNPC,DPR,PDP,ANPP,AC,BANKS?, all these companies and non companies do it, its a deeprooted thing in Nigeria and its people and maybe na our generation go change am, maybe not, THE WAIT CONTINUES, THIS IS THE TIME FOR THE REAL TEST OF FAITH!!

@Adeiza Jay , has come with anoda conjectual, !!??jist, Y CANT THIS PEOPLE LEARN TO CONFIRM INFO B4 COMING TO POST HERE, NA WAH!! shocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2007
tolagbaju:

Hi folks,
Sorry for the long silence. I've been enjoying my leave to the fullest that I hardly av chance to browse. It's so good to be free,there has been no dull moment.The manager I know in NLNG is not ready to give any info again. He said since he can't do anything to influence my recruitment, then their is no need for him to be going to HR for anything. He said I should leave it to fate and destiny. I'm sure nobody can influence the selection of the lucky 70. I've rest my mind and resign to fate. I'm only waiting for the 1st person to post that he's seeing his offer letter. Let'shope they get back to us this month. Adrianic, opoks and kuwena I hail oooooooooooo, You guys are too much. Out of here to enjoy my leave. No shaking, NLNG or not let's keep our dream alive. Love y'all.
I SIGN OUT NOW.

Aha! The Great 'Minister of Information' is back! OR DID HE 'JUST PEEP'?

I think your manager friend in NLNG is either 'non-influential' as he claimed or 'one of the few honest types' who would not influence 'nobody'.

But to tell me that 'nobody can influence the lucky 70' is to tell me that 'I'm in the 1st Heaven.'.

I think you need to read this thread backwards. I actually met a friend who did the experienced level test. The manner in which he was called for the test was shoddy to start with. He apparently met one 'oga' after the expiration of the advert who assured him that 'he must be called!'.

And he was called for the test.

He has not been called after the test but according to him, the oga has also assured him that 'he must be taken! shocked' When he enquired; 'what about those that took the test?' The oga answered; 'all dem ogas in NLNG have their candidates'.

Whether this story is true or not, I prefer not to believe that. But in Naija, anything is possible.

My prayer is whether dem have their candidates or not? MAY I GET THERE!

AMEN!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2007

NO I DON CHANGE MY MIND, !!!@ADRIANIC I AGREE WITH U TOTALLY ON UNN, NA OPOKS AND KENOSKY NA IM WE DEY LUK, UNN IS A COOL SCHOOL BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE,

DIS GUY IS REALLY LOOKING FOR POPULARITY, I WROTE A LOT OF TINS TO POST B4 BUT MAKE I IGNORE D MUMU, NA LOCAL CHAMPION SYNDROME DEY DECIEVE AM, MAYBE HE HAPPENS TO B THE ONLY GRADUATE IN HIS VILLA,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2007
okoroboy,
i have read ur last post and as is usual of u, u make no sense

i want u to re-read d 2nd paragraph of ur last post and see if ur premises lead to a sane conclusion.

u are very pitiable.

u work in a multinational organisation and that makes u educated.

little wonder then when they say some graduates purchase certificates.

i am sure u work in their technical dept. repairing machines.any fool can do dt.

so u think that all banks operate on the same policy.ur thoughts are archaic.u are indeed a vestige of an antediluvian culture.check for the meaning of a "strategic hire"
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
@adrianic,
i have read my second paragraph, and i find it amusing that u don't get the gist of that paragraph, its my fault. am really sorry.
next time i wouldn't do that, as it is apparent that am giving you too much credit, because the average lawyer would have read that line and seen the 3 dimensions aspects of that statement.

to break that paragraph down.
"t is easy for us to derogate our own, am a proud graduate of the university of nigeria, i currently work in an international organization, where the brightest minds from multifaceted backgrounds and universities abound, one thing i can say is that there is only a level to which your education can take you."

what i meant in that statement is that we look at MBA's from abroad and accord them, as is becoming evident, undeserved respect while derogating ours, i have worked with so called consultants who can not send a coherent mail, you still have to call them and get them to explain in clear terms what they were trying to get at in the mail, this people end up either delaying your project implementation or even implement what was not agreed on in the first place. that is why i said that your university education can only take you so far.
after a master's in Cambridge, you could become a consultant , well paid and all, this is because you went to Cambridge, and not a factor of your competence.
while as a Nigerian graduate would have to see hell to get that same position that is being offered the Cambridge graduate on a plater of Gold, even though , in most cases, the person with the better knowledge of the project would be the Nigerian graduate.
this is very evident in the oil industry where expatriate are paid 10times a competent Nigerian's salary , and this expatriate would not be able to deliver within time and project cost, leading to budget overshoot.
i could go on and on. just elaborating on this paragraph.
when you get to NLNG , you would be the first to admit this, because you would be doing the work , while the white expatriate , with an MBA from cambridge, takes all the glory and money.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2007
Seeing the rate at which tempers are flying around, no thanks to okoroboy and his penchant for trouble, i suggest we declare a moratorium on posting

if only to calm fraying tempers. Phaps we can all go for the Sallah break. No posting till Monday!! We can alert Seun to delete any post made during this

period grinGod bless us the letters start arriving then! cry  Hopefully by the time we r back we will feel refreshed to either carry on fighting

to it's fullest or interact amicably

But seriously speaking
while i ll say controversy sure adds a great deal of spice to this thread, i must caution that taken to its limits, it becomes irritating! So

Okoroboy pls while u have a right to say wot u like, pls realise that your right ends at the very point where it begins to infringe on other ppl's rights and freedom.

And to adrianny, pls try and resist the urge to reply with full force to every assault. It's clear u've got quite a tempersomeone said it's tempestous but

please realise that there are times in which a failure to keep a rein on it could well see you playing into the hands of ppl trying to hoodwink u into unnecessary

wrangles.

So u guys should please sheathe the sword except of course u r both sure this thing won't get out of hand in which case u can go on entertaining us and for which

we will sure be grateful wink wink

SHALOM!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2007
i am so disappointed in all of u. name calling, throwing abuses and all sort of childish behaviour u can only expect from men. no wonder kuwena has stopped posting.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2007
pgm,u have made sense.i would not have replied d guy but when a thing comes out of outer space and feels he can do nothing other than say rubbish,he ought to be told some home truths.its risky keeping quiet because there is a great possibility of it being misunderstood.imagine one getting the nlng job based strictly on merit and owing to his misguided post pple now assume it was gotten based on some connections.much as it may not matter much,i felt there was a need to correct such an impression especially coming from someone who is such a copycat that he cannot create his own style of entering the thread.but its all good.let better things take over
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2007
runsaway,our father Abraham.thank u for scolding us.we are so sad.u go AWOL and think u can come back from the blues to scold ur children.thank u daddy.we have heard
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Lindiwe(f): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2007
Hello people!
What's happening to our lovely thread!

Adrain, let it be biko kiss

Okoroboy, you've made your point wink

Ok, now you both can do what Opoks and Uche did after the brief altercation between them, Release Apologies wink

Happy holiday to everyone!

God bless the initiator of public holidays!

@Kenosky, i haven't forgotten about our business, been working on the proposal wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2007
runsaway,our father Abraham.thank u for scolding us.we are so sad.u go AWOL and think u can come back from the blues to scold your children.thank u daddy.we have heard

GBAM! Who told him I stopped posting? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.