Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,492 members, 7,968,354 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? (6164 Views)

Who Are More Romantic? Yoruba Or Igbo Or Hausa? / (photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Can Nigerian Girls Do This? (photo( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by adconline(m): 9:55am On Apr 10, 2007
In Nigeria, chics give hugs based on the amount of money you spend on them. As a guy, you get a side shoulder hug from women if the money tap is about to open.
When you spend money, they give you an embrace hug with 45 degrees inclining position. If you spend money like there is no tomorrow, they will give you a big wholesale hug. No strings attached - have all of me kind of hug.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by whiteNkem(f): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2007
I think they're better with words rather than romantic gestures.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by IBDat(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2007
As interesting as this discussion is, fact is Naija women will not make do with just the following:
- A hand in hand stroll in the street/park, they would rather go somewhere that is public - most likely with their partner spending
- A nice romantic meal with their partner at home, they would rather go out and eat
- A fresh bouquet of nicely scented flowers, they would prefer a call card
- Exchanges of loving, sensual and romantic SMS, the woman will be the first not to reply as she feels she is wasting her credits (unless u promise to buy her more)

Not to seem like a pessimist but the fact is what it is - all the above are fine and good with the women as long as it is going to pay-off in one way or the other and number one preference is financially!

Even nowadays, it's one thing to propose - the sparkle/size of the diamond in her ring is another  shocked
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by jbuoy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2007
1)Get a nija gurl flowers and she goes-- "does he think am a goat?"
2)Give her kisses and she goes--" thats all he knows"
3)Tell her u love her and u hear---" na love i go chop?"
4)Give her regular calls and she's like-" hellooo durling, do u know it's been lang since u scratch me card, culd u scratch me one now to show me u care?" (all with a baby's voice)
5)Scratch her the card and all u get is -- A short flash to show that she got it, u are not really sure so u hav to call for confirmation.
6)Take her to the so called Mr Bigs to hav a lovely meal together and u hear--"durling can i get some for my friends too, u know they always talk about u sweetie"
7)When it comes to the time for real love, they give u once and then--" arent u tired?" or "am not feeling so weeeell"
Well am lucky havent seen that ping-pung girl dat wuld try that nonsence with me.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by stevetop(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2007
being romantic is not what can be written on the pages of any book,for anybody with an interest in learning the rules we the romantically talented live by,you can try 2 see me. Men Please don't waste your time with any romance stuff,just make money and buy yourself a wife.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by princeonx: 1:34am On Apr 11, 2007
Guys! why una dey yern potopoto for this kind topic? Sisters no mind them boo make una dey marry the Romantic non-nigerians jaree! even if its for a while its worth it abi?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ininathan(m): 2:38am On Apr 11, 2007
Wow! this is an interesting thread. They can achieve this by staying glue to their partner, if married let him always remember the thinks he did during the process of trying to hook up with his partner: talking, taking a walk, appreciating and admiring her, suprises; gift.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by whiteNkem(f): 8:53am On Apr 11, 2007
stevetop:

Men Please don't waste your time with any romance stuff,just make money and buy yourself a wife.

Yea right, make ur life as dull as possible, go by routine and waste it!! Right? Don't tell me you are one 'of those' who got fooled by the hologram of money. Grow up boy!! Money doesn't bring happiness! There is more to life than "makin` money" but I guess u still have time to learn that.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by star01(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2007
white`Nkem:

Yea right, make your life as dull as possible, go by routine and waste it!! Right? Don't tell me you are one 'of those' who got fooled by the hologram of money. Grow up boy!! Money doesn't bring happiness! There is more to life than "makin` money" but I guess u still have time to learn that.
so tell me what money brings, Money is one of the essential n the most important thing in llife, w/o money there some certian things u can do, MONEY BRINGS EVERY GOOD THINGS IN LIFE
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by abubaka(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2007
Pls dis is naija,where things do happen in our own styleeeyy.
Who is a stranger here to naija ladies?
Is only in naija dat u would see a babe requesting for a recharge frm a guy and after he sent the card,the only thing she wls say is "TNX" in text message and sent back.
Nigerian girls are very very unromantic,cos it has been long since when they deleted "cards and flowers" as a gift on Val day or there birthday.They re so desperate that all they are planning is how to come in group and ask one of there friend's boyfriend to take them to tasty fried chicken,and mock the guy at the end of the day,calling him MUGU.
It was funny wen i called a lady that i just started dating and i tried to be romantic in my own way and the conversation went this way:

Me: Hi babygal,am about goin for lunch,
Nelly: wat re u goin to eat?
Me: maybe rice and stew wit beef,
Nelly:wat about mine,
Me: Dont worry,i will eat for the two of us,
Nelly:Nooo,pls just buy me a recharge card and send to me,that would be ok by me.
Me:??Ok,i will send it later.

My God,just imagine that,
Is only naija gals that will tell you wat u should buy for her on her birthday, Is very very unfortunate the extent at which naija gals are so mean nwww embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by tolumi(f): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2007
abubaka:

Please this is naija,where things do happen in our own styleeeyy.
Who is a stranger here to naija ladies?
Is only in naija that u would see a babe requesting for a recharge frm a guy and after he sent the card,the only thing she wls say is "TNX" in text message and sent back.
Nigerian girls are very very unromantic,because it has been long since when they deleted "cards and flowers" as a gift on Val day or there birthday.They re so desperate that all they are planning is how to come in group and ask one of there friend's boyfriend to take them to tasty fried chicken,and mock the guy at the end of the day,calling him MUGU.
It was funny when i called a lady that i just started dating and i tried to be romantic in my own way and the conversation went this way:

Me: Hi babygal,am about goin for lunch,
Nelly: what re u goin to eat?
Me: maybe rice and stew wit beef,
Nelly:what about mine,
Me: Dont worry,i will eat for the two of us,
Nelly:Nooo,please just buy me a recharge card and send to me,that would be ok by me.
Me:??Ok,i will send it later.

My God,just imagine that,
Is only naija gals that will tell you what u should buy for her on her birthday, Is very very unfortunate the extent at which naija gals are so mean nwww embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

cheesy
jbuoy:

1)Get a nija girl flowers and she goes-- "does he think am a goat?"
4)Give her regular calls and she's like-" hellooo durling, do u know it's been lang since u scratch me card, culd u scratch me one now to show me u care?" (all with a baby's voice)
5)Scratch her the card and all u get is -- A short flash to show that she got it, u are not really sure so u hav to call for confirmation.
6)Take her to the so called Mr Bigs to hav a lovely meal together and u hear--"durling can i get some for my friends too, u know they always talk about u sweetie"
7)When it comes to the time for real love, they give u once and then--" arent u tired?" or "am not feeling so weeeell"
Well am lucky havent seen that ping-pung girl that wuld try that nonsence with me.

IBDat:

As interesting as this discussion is, fact is Naija women will not make do with just the following:
- A hand in hand stroll in the street/park, they would rather go somewhere that is public - most likely with their partner spending
- A nice romantic meal with their partner at home, they would rather go out and eat
- A fresh bouquet of nicely scented flowers, they would prefer a call card
- Exchanges of loving, sensual and romantic SMS, the woman will be the first not to reply as she feels she is wasting her credits (unless u promise to buy her more)

Not to seem like a pessimist but the fact is what it is - all the above are fine and good with the women as long as it is going to pay-off in one way or the other and number one preference is financially!

Even nowadays, it's one thing to propose - the sparkle/size of the diamond in her ring is another shocked
grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2007
jbuoy:

1)Get a nija girl flowers and she goes-- "does he think am a goat?"
Well am lucky havent seen that ping-pung girl that wuld try that nonsence with me.

shuo
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ebos(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2007
How I lost my babe but I didn’t feel or regret losing her despite my effort to make her happy.  Any time she discovered I had enough money, she would call me – “sly guyyyyyy, sly this and that”, with such a baby voice. Though, I noticed her tricks but I thought she would change. One December I tested her by saying “hey, sweet babe, I have no money for this Xmas and I need to rely on you this time”.  She immediately charged like Hulk Hogan “wetin, if this one na joke, abeg stop am oo, you mean all de things I tell you, you know go buy am again.  Na the thing wey you mean be that.” She got annoyed and left.  There and then, I made up mind to do without her again.  She now tried to come back but I frustrated all her efforts, she then sent friends to plead for her but the road was closed behind her and no second chance.  Her way of life was like money for hand and back for ground approach. This makes her valueless to me because she can ruin my life with that method.  (The love for her was there at the beginning).

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by justin04(m): 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2007
I could be romantic but the buck stops at buying roses and flowers oo. I will never again waste my money on something that will dry up in a week, unless the flower will make good egusi soup after.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by adeboo(f): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2007
Well its a known fact that our Nija men can be lacking in the romance department.

I would like to get with someone that is romantic, that knows what to do at the rite time.
There are just some expectations that i would have in a man. e.g holding hands/kissing in public to me is a norm and he would have to display all that emotions in public.

I am not really a flower person but i love gifts but i do give in return as well sha.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by abubaka(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2007
naija gal,ha,ha,ha
SAME OLD SONG!!!!!
Una no go ever change embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by IBDat(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2007
Sorry o, but being romantic is very over-rated. The women complain that men are non-romantics, flip the question back at them and hear their flimsy excuses. Truth is romance has never been regarded as a prerequisite in the African culture. A man has never been judged on how desireable he is based on romantic gestures. If a man is not romantic but well off, omo the woman is happy and content, besides being romantic comes with time, affection, love etc with both parties being paricipants. Meet a woman today and be as romantic as you wish, as flirtatious as your heart desires and i gurantee you that the woman will find a way to manipulate it so it actually benefits her, friends and family!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by lailai2(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2007
IBDat:

Sorry o, but being romantic is very over-rated. The women complain that men are non-romantics, flip the question back at them and hear their flimsy excuses. Truth is romance has never been regarded as a prerequisite in the African culture. A man has never been judged on how desireable he is based on romantic gestures. If a man is not romantic but well off, omo the woman is happy and content, besides being romantic comes with time, affection, love etc with both parties being paricipants. Meet a woman today and be as romantic as you wish, as flirtatious as your heart desires and i gurantee you that the woman will find a way to manipulate it so it actually benefits her, friends and family!

i agree
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omoge(f): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2007
yeah, buy Shoko vegetable. it has both flower and leaf for egusi undecided

justin04:

I could be romantic but the buck stops at buying roses and flowers oo. I will never again waste my money on something that will dry up in a week, unless the flower will make good egusi soup after.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by finemocha(f): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2007
wait there is KFC in nigeria now?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by chichimma(f): 1:21am On Apr 12, 2007
grin grin grin grin It goes on, on and on! Funny statements and many are so true, for both Naija gender.
To my opinion the majority of Naija women and men are not romantic! The reasons are all mentioned in this forum.

All I can add is that Romance has nothing much to do with gifts and material things but with the things that are free.

1. A nice walk in the park/ city or beach not necessarily holding hands and kissing every second but just enjoying the walk
2. poetry
3. long talks about everything and nothing
4. complimenting/comforting/ appreciating each other
5. eating from one bowl/plate
6. candle light surprises
7. unique pet names for each other
8. massage treats
9. playful moments on the couch/floor
10. prayerfull & fasting together

The list goes on and on! Like some posters said if your guy or woman is not romantic than you give him/her the lead and see whether they will like it and follow. If not at least you tried and maybe that person is not that compatible. A friend of mine, once asked me why is it that when most Naija women marry they become louzy in taking care of their appearance. That is something that has also to do with romance, if you don't care about looking attractive for your partner because the ring is on the finger already you are not being romantic even if you buy material things or taking care of the house holds.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by deejay1(m): 1:27am On Apr 12, 2007
@ topic author and most girls on here, if ya'll are trying to say nigeria men are not romantic yea then show me nigerian girls that are Romantic. ya'll to je pe something yin ti pinyinkin yi lol
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 12, 2007
I married the only romantic Nigerian man there is. grin
Girls see if you can turn these frogs into princes grin grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by deejay1(m): 1:40am On Apr 12, 2007
i think say na when they take you comot from nigeria and u dey live abround thats when must of you tend to see the other side of the world and ur views abt nigerian guys changes. u won dey compare white pples mode of romance with nigerians romance abi? and if ya'll ganna talk about it all the blames are ganna come on the guys !!!! c'mom when were so called nigerian girls will be askin we guys rhetorical questions just to blackmail ur why wont an ordinary white  girl say' I DON'T DO NIGERIANS' common girls grow up!!!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by deejay1(m): 1:45am On Apr 12, 2007
babyosisi:

I married the only romantic Nigerian man there is. grin
Girls see if you can turn these frogs into princes grin grin

here is one of them nigerian girls refering to nigerian guys as a frog. gush it soes bugs me alot when our so called nigerian girl behave like this.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 12, 2007
no no no deejay,I was just making a joke.
I never down Nigerian men.
I love them.My father is one and I married one.
I apologise for the joke.

naija men are the best anyday.
I hear Nigerian girls who date white men talk about how romantic,breakfast in bed, blah blah blah.
There is more to love and romance besides food items.
I would not trade any Nigerian man for a white man anyday
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omoge(f): 1:57am On Apr 12, 2007
Bursted out laughing, lol, grin grin grin grin grin grin

deejay1:

here is one of them nigerian girls refering to nigerian guys as a frog. gush it soes bugs me alot when our so called nigerian girl behave like this.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omoge(f): 1:58am On Apr 12, 2007
babyosisi, that was funny of his reply to you, lol
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 12, 2007
laughter is good medicine.
Carry on sister!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omoge(f): 2:21am On Apr 12, 2007
yeah right, as a reader, of what use is NL if not laughter, cheesy
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ebos(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2007
@babyosisi: A frog joke is quite difficult to apprehend. Hope you are not merely building in isolation? I doubt that we would ever grow. I'm disappointed.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by deejay1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2007
ok babayosis lets assume its meant to be a joke for a minute yea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? / I Can Never Take A Girl With Double Ear Peircings Serious.. / Ladies: My Packs More Obvious Than That Of Iyanya, Psquare And Flavour.. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.