Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,569 members, 7,937,598 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? (6137 Views)

Who Are More Romantic? Yoruba Or Igbo Or Hausa? / (photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Can Nigerian Girls Do This? (photo( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Brymore(m): 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2007
Who said Naija Men are not romantic?

Truth is everyone shows his/her affection in different ways. The fact that a man brings breakfast to you in bed or buys you roses (real or synthetic) does not make him any more romantic than a man that tells you about his daily experiences or one that tells you "remove your clothes, I want to do!".

It simply means that they are expressing themselves in different ways, and I believe a lot of people will agree with me that life will be boring if everyone turned all "romantic" on every other person. LOL

#Candid Submission#
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2007
ebos:

@babyosisi: A frog joke is quite difficult to apprehend. Hope you are not merely building in isolation? I doubt that we would ever grow. I'm disappointed.

I have already apologised now.
Do you want me to give a pound of flesh?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by krap(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2007
Reading from all your views of how romance should be shown to one's spouse such as holding hands and walking in parks,flowers and stuffs; i think u all are living in the 'mills and booms' fantasy world.Yes! that is what it is 'cos u all are trying to adapt the lifestyle of the west whereby the rate of divorce over there makes them no less than goats!! And come to think of it,whic park for example in lagos would u self-service into without some urchin approaching u like, ''[i][/i]kilo worry e? abi oni were ni e? so my brothers do ur thing ur own way(naija way) which is calling up ur lady and giving an intro like ''omo kokolet,i love u pass my mama'' grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by swetangel(f): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2007
Well as far as am concerned, being Romantic is relative.
Depending on those involved and circumstance.
Ladies please lets not be carried away by gifts.
Guys, show us true love.
CHEERS
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by samsondavi(m): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2007
Nigeria girls believe only in money, recharge card and fast food ( ice cream ). They don't welcome all those things like flower. Thanks for these topic
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Brymore(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2007
samsondavi:

Nigeria girls believe [b]only [/b]in money, recharge card and fast food ( ice cream ). They don't welcome all those things like flower. Thanks for these topic

Bros eh! Are you a Nigerian girl?

Anyway, I feel that does not give you the right to make general statements about them or be in a position to decide what they believe in or not.

I have dated a few Nigerian girls who would prefer to pick the bill when you go out with them, so your opinion is all wrong or at least, probably applies to the Nigerian girls around you.

As for me and my people, we believe that there are at least, a few Nigerian girls that appreciate true love not the financial and material things you mention.

#Candid Submission#
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by chichimma(f): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2007
Oh so true, Brymore, I love your response to that wink
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by OhGrey(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2007
[/quote]

[quote author=jbouy]
1)Get a nija girl flowers and she goes-- "does he think am a goat?"
2)Give her kisses and she goes--" thats all he knows"
3)Tell her u love her and u hear---" na love i go chop?"
4)Give her regular calls and she's like-" hellooo durling, do u know it's been lang since u scratch me card, culd u scratch me one now to show me u care?" (all with a baby's voice)
5)Scratch her the card and all u get is -- A short flash to show that she got it, u are not really sure so u hav to call for confirmation.
6)Take her to the so called Mr Bigs to hav a lovely meal together and u hear--"durling can i get some for my friends too, u know they always talk about u sweetie"
7)When it comes to the time for real love, they give u once and then--" arent u tired?" or "am not feeling so weeeell"
Well am lucky havent seen that ping-pung girl that wuld try that nonsence with me

RFLMAO
kai things cant be that bad with naija girls
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2007
OhGrey:

RFLMAO
kai things can't be that bad with naija girls
i wonder oo
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by laraba(f): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
I don't think its about flowers and chocolates and so on. I believe its about sacrifice, being considerate, putting him/her first, its about respect. Romance should be reciprocal not one sided. Romance can be present in a relationship even when money is not involved. I've found out in life that what u see as the truth about an issue is not as important as what your partner perceives to be the truth. It is important to see through the eye of your partner. So understand what ur man or girl thinks, and do it.

Peace.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2007
thanks laraba
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2007
smiley
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2007
lets ask the girls them selves, r nigerian girls romantic??

i used to date a girl that i was buying expensive gifts for each time i travel

saw to it that i always call her , men and u sure know calling ninja on international trunk is not cheap

and yet she still complains that i am not romantic enough.

i had to ask wat do u want tell me let me do it, i call u tell u stories u want to hear spend almost all my cash on u and yet ur not satisfied? u tell me

i had to booth her and men she begged as much as hell to come back

times have changed no more gifts just talk if she is not happy she can go and hang

nigerians girls most times dont knwo wat is being romantic and wat is excessive hunger demands- most times it is comparision with just one simple gift her friend b/f  got for her friend that makes them act foolish

even when the girls r not hungry they make it sound that romance is all about  all expense wat ever paid for by the guys

maybe an all expense dubai shopping trip paid for by the guy

mugu i guess thats wat would make them happy
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by debosky(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2007
simply spending lots of money on a woman doesn't imply you are romantic,

the best expressions of romance are not costly at all. wink
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by sisimose(f): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2007
how can some Nigerian men be more romantic? i say ''some'' becos not ll are unromantics

well for starts being more imaginative, you'll be surprised how many women appreciate simple gestures that say to her, i am wanted, loved, thought of, cared for etc. It is a two way thing too, some women can kill all the romance a guy has inside him , that no be lie(i have done it before) i wont lie, it gets to a point when u become more matured and you realise those demands you place on a relationship are just not realistic. (my life changed the day istopped reading Mill and Boons) grin
so guys take you lady for a picnic, cook her a meal setting for two with tea lights soft music. Do spontaneous things
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2007
kaecy5:

saw to it that i always call her , men and u sure know calling ninja on international trunk is not cheap

i had to ask what do u want tell me let me do it, i call u tell u stories u want to hear spend almost all my cash on u and yet your not satisfied? u tell me

times have changed no more gifts just talk if she is not happy she can go and hang

nigerians girls most times don't knwo what is being romantic and what is excessive hunger demands- most times it is comparision with just one simple gift her friend b/f  got for her friend that makes them act foolish

even when the girls r not hungry they make it sound that romance is all about  all expense what ever paid for by the guys

mugu i guess thats what would make them happy

been romantic, me think,is diff from or let me say beyond gifts.ur way and manner of approach 2 issues,d way u talk,d way u treat ur babe matter a lot in whtevr relationship u r in to.if im wrong let some1 tell me.
no matter how expensive ur gifts r,if u gv them 2 me in a mannerless way,it's not it.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by stevetop(m): 12:59am On Apr 26, 2007
babyosisi:

I have already apologised now.
Do you want me to give a pound of flesh?

I understand that frogs have big saxy eyes,romantic huh?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2007
?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by gbeborun(m): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
by spending all their money on you! bush meat. women are never satisfied. romance ko romania ni.
Not until ladies get their head straight and know that reality different Mills and Boon,
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by JuneJemini(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2007
nuzo and manspirit, i for like to see una make i we just dey do our thing. Una talk like men no be woMen.nuzo i belif that thing wey you talk to the fullest (In Nigeria, the defination of being romantic by 95% of ladies na MR BIGGS, TANTERLIZER, MR FANS, CRUNCHES, SILVERBIRD GALLERIA, RECHARGE CARDS, TRIPING IN FRON OF THE CAR, MONEY TO CHANGE HER WARD ROB, NEW H/BAG;SHOE:HEAD TIE FOR GHOST WEDDINGS, etc).
manspirit that answer na Bayo. he is more romntik than Oluchi
dr erudite if you be guy for naija, revisit the masculine dictionary of west africa and naija in particular; you have a wrong notion of being romantik.You dont learn it becos you want to impress a lady but you live it.
nevertheless, there are VERY VERY VERY VVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY good ladies who do not fall into our description. Nigerian men are actually very romantik if what you mean is a man who loves you, cares, is there for you, spends for you like hajifish and breaks kaws for your sake. but if what you mean is a man who would date/marry you and NEVA tell you when you get off course or correct you but stays up night liking your sore legs and pussy with his tongue, you beta go to your village and get a houseboy you will pay for that. We have EGO, PRIDE AND INTEGRITY AS MEN MADE BY GOD,
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2007
JuneJemini:

nuzo and manspirit, i for like to see una make i we just dey do our thing. Una talk like men no be woMen.nuzo i belif that thing wey you talk to the fullest (In Nigeria, the defination of being romantic by 95% of ladies na MR BIGGS, TANTERLIZER, MR FANS, CRUNCHES, SILVERBIRD GALLERIA, RECHARGE CARDS, TRIPING IN FRON OF THE CAR, MONEY TO CHANGE HER WARD ROB, NEW H/BAG;SHOE:HEAD TIE FOR GHOST WEDDINGS, etc).
manspirit that answer na Bayo. he is more romntik than Oluchi
dr erudite if you be guy for naija, revisit the masculine dictionary of west africa and naija in particular; you have a wrong notion of being romantik.You don't learn it because you want to impress a lady but you live it.
nevertheless, there are VERY VERY VERY VVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY good ladies who do not fall into our description. Nigerian men are actually very romantik if what you mean is a man who loves you, cares, is there for you, spends for you like hajifish and breaks kaws for your sake. but if what you mean is a man who would date/marry you and NEVA tell you when you get off course or correct you but stays up night liking your sore legs and pussy with his tongue, you beta go to your village and get a houseboy you will pay for that. We have EGO, PRIDE AND INTEGRITY AS MEN MADE BY GOD,
?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ABCDEFGHIJ(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2007
if u lick their oko, they will be more romantic.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2007
ABCDEFGHIJ:

if u lick their oko, they will be more romantic.
sexy not romantic abcdefij
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 1:52pm On May 02, 2007
smiley
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 1:04pm On May 03, 2007
kaecy5:

i had to ask what do u want tell me let me do it, i call u tell u stories u want to hear spend almost all my cash on u and yet your not satisfied? u tell me

nigerians girls most times don't knwo what is being romantic and what is excessive hunger demands- most times it is comparision with just one simple gift her friend b/f got for her friend that makes them act foolish

even when the girls r not hungry they make it sound that romance is all about all expense what ever paid for by the guys

mugu i guess thats what would make them happy

girls over 2 u
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by hotchic1(f): 7:57pm On May 03, 2007
those i love yous
those big hugs
givin her those sexy looks
asking how was your day
telling you sweet nothings
looking straight into your eyes wih a smile on his face
crack funny jokes
holding hands when walking
give her nice pecks
taking her out to cool and quiet places
little surprises like leaving her love notes when she's not expecting hit
watch her sleep or lean on your shoulder
sending her those sweet messages when she's not with you
carrying her when she's got complain

A lot of things indeed,
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ajayi1(m): 5:18pm On May 04, 2007
grin that's nice
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 4:44pm On May 05, 2007
hot chic:

those i love yous
those big hugs
givin her those sexy looks
asking how was your day
telling you sweet nothings
looking straight into your eyes wih a smile on his face
crack funny jokes
holding hands when walking
give her nice pecks
taking her out to cool and quiet places
little surprises like leaving her love notes when she's not expecting hit
watch her sleep or lean on your shoulder
sending her those sweet messages when she's not with you
carrying her when she's got complain

A lot of things indeed,
yeap
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by iice(f): 5:40am On May 08, 2007
ewww grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by LAXIST(m): 6:12am On May 14, 2007
@nuzo & manspirit,
Una don yarn all the correct things we i suppose talk. Una don yarn my mind. Abeg make una no mind those girls jare.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omogenaija(f): 1:36am On Jul 18, 2007
some of u guys are tryin to make naija babes look bad angry
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by tpia: 2:21am On Jul 18, 2007
a key element of romance is the surprise factor.

make it a habit to surprise her with your thoughtfulness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband Red-handed Havin Sex With A Man Who Turns Out To Be Her Husband's Bestman O / Two Guys In Love With One Girl, How Possible? / Can You Take This Girl Home To See Your Mum? [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.