Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,201 members, 7,913,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace (29024 Views)

Kidnapping In Nigeria Rises By 169% In 2-Years - US Institute Of Peace / Kwara Freedom Is Unstoppable In 2019, Says Kwara Must Change / 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by EmekaBlue(m): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rubbish
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Emvico34: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
fire
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Elaibedouglas: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Those of you saying true I when another report says he will loose you won't start throwing ta tantrums
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Nwodosis(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
Just as they predicted Clinton win!
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by AlhajaChinyere: 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
Where are the useless Atikulators....? and Obituary chanters?

Awon yam legged over emotional lot flattrons.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Princedapace(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
U believed this one but u didn't believe the prediction made by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)..

That means u are part of our problem.. Selective favourism.

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing..
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by FisifunKododada: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
NairaMedia:

This your moniker get ehn grin

cheesy na so now cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by michlins(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
This report is so true. As much as APC has goofed people still feel comfortable with them more than PDP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by brojoshua: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
Corruption should not defeat us in Nigeria. The corrupt people and looters should never be voted to power again in Nigeria except only if Nigerians will sell themselves into perpetual slavery, except only if Nigerians are doomed to be slaves of looters, corrupt politicians and thieves

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by BOOMnaija(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
The reality come 2019 will rubbish this particular falacious US claim/prediction, and indeed prove that not every information originating from US is absolute.
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Haddock(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
ropes and rat poison go finish for market after 2019 election. Pls keep harmful objects and substances away from politicians and their worshippers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by TheAngry1: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
ok
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Kingspin(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
Even Satan is against Buhari
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Calers: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
Buhari will defeat Atiku hands down. Usip or ups.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Godson201333(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
It is logical that buhari will return as the president of Nigeria.Atiku chances are very slim.Considering the numbers of voters from Hause land and Yoruba land,Buhari will win.This is sad but Nigeria politics is full of sentiments and tribalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ok Na
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Oluwaseyi456(m): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
PDP take d lead
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by BluntBoy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

I guess the Institute predicted Hilary Clinton to win Donald Trump. Today, how market My point is: anything can happen.

Well, in reality, Hillary amassed more votes. She actually won the popular vote.

Buhari will win 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Ategberoson(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
Atiku come spoil his chances by not allowing the grievances PDP presidential aspirants and other PDP stalwarts like wike & co to be involved in VP picking

a lots of PDP member will work against his emergence at the poll while kwankwanso will not work against him but won't put zeal to the presidential election

he had a chance to win but ruin it so early. flying to Dubai will not save him comes 2019. 2015 is not 2019.... APC control majority States in Nigeria as at now, only few groups are backing Atiku in North

how did Atiku tends to win without north and west full support? even if Igbo vote massively for him, what about south south that APC had infiltrated?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Davidchibex(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
kahal29:
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) says it is less likely for President Muhammadu Buhari to be defeated in the 2019 election.

The organaisation said this in a report it released on the forthcoming general election.

USIP said the report is based on its interactions with Nigerians from different sectors.

The report, which analysed the chances of violence marring the elections, is contrary to two recent predictions by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the research unit of The Economist Magazine, that the incumbent government will be unseated next year.

USIP said though many Nigerians feel that the current administration has not met their expectations, this is not likely to cost the All Progressives Congress (APC) government its hold on power.

“Many Nigerians feel their hopes have not been met. Some respondents suggest the electorate is sufficiently disappointed that voter apathy will be greater in 2019 than in 2015, with the unifying narrative of change that helped elect the APC in 2015 much less compelling as a factor in mobilizing the electorate, and perceptions that another defeat of the presidential incumbent is less likely to happen in 2019,” the report read.

Comparing the 2015 elections to the forthcoming one, the report said there is a greater chance of the occurrence of election violence, listing Adamawa, Anambra, Ekiti, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, Plateau, Rivers as the eight of 36 states with greater risks of election violence.

While it stated that it is up to the combined efforts of political parties, security agencies and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to curb violence in the election, it said the greater work lies with the electoral body.

“Important shifts in Nigeria’s political and security context have occurred since the 2015 elections, presenting both evolving, and new, risks to the 2019 elections,” it read.

“Of all the state’s institutions, most respondents felt that peaceful elections in 2019 are contingent on the performance of Nigeria’s INEC.

“Given the relative success of the 2015 elections, they felt that INEC ought to be able to deliver credible elections again in 2019. They feared, however, that any regression from the level of performance achieved in 2015 could lead to violence because some would view the failings not as a result of incompetence but as deliberate attempts to frustrate the will of the voters.

“INEC should at least match the standards it set in 2015, and any regression could set the stage for violence.”

The report further said despite the projections of violence, “there are signs of hope”.

“Yet, while the potential for election violence exists, there are signs of hope. Some states have developed successful election conflict-mitigation practices. In the short amount of time remaining, INEC and the police should undertake a number of key reforms,” it said.

“ The United States, along with other international supporters of the electoral process, should also intensify their efforts to reinforce the work of these key Nigerian institutions.

“Beyond institutional support, rather than apply a conventional approach to electoral violence mitigation, donor programming should adapt to Nigeria’s current context, political shifts, and opportunities, and be sufficiently flexible to respond to the risks distinct in each of Nigeria’s states.

“In advance of the election, international diplomatic efforts to preempt electoral violence need to be intensified. Regional and international actors should convey their expectations that political parties effectively address their internal disputes, and be ready to put on notice politicians responsible for escalating these disputes.”

https://www.thecable.ng/its-less-likely-for-buhari-to-be-defeated-in-2019-says-us-institute
Nonsense.
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Hassan88(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
hisexcellency34:
It is less likely...meaning the old man will do EVERYTHING to remain in power, including rigging!
Na u want ring am?

1 Like

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Felixv: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
athithief is busy in dubai enjoying the luxury and the comfort of that beautiful country --on his 20m yearly income.

while his followers (yahoo yahoo boys) are daydreaming of the rainy days..

but those who know --know that come 2019 sai baba all the way

and if athithief like he can go fight in amarica (america for us) hahahha

4 Likes

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by BluntBoy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
Godson201333:
It is logical that buhari will return as the president of Nigeria.Atiku chances are very slim.Considering the numbers of voters from Hause land and Yoruba land,Buhari will win.This is sad but Nigeria politics is full of sentiments and tribalism.

First of all, that Atiku is even being considered for the top post is an evidence of sentiments and tribalism.

It is clear from your post that you would want Atiku to win yet you drag the sentiments of tribes into it while being unable to cover your own sentiments and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
shammahyaro:
Dear Nairalanders, pardon my typos as I haven't done this before. I'd try to summarize the issue though it isn't as simple as it is. I'm doing this without his knowledge sef.
My boyfriend has been looking for a job for the past 6months now and nothing has come forward.We stay in kaduna environs. He is a 2nd class upper graduate of industrial design and is very good with graphic design.Any job will do.God bless any one that helps.

Yeah me too, especially those 5 hours a day job that pay 6 to 5 figures monthly plus an all expenses paid vacation to Dubai annually during my 3 months annual leave

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by boxypane(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
This report further proves that votes are not on social !media but the people on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Nobodys(f): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
.That's because 70% of Nigerians are still blinded by tribalism, hate, sentiment and unpardonable ignorance....

Did I forget to add that they love to learn the hard way....
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by jamace(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
That is just their opinion. grin

Nigerians will decide.
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Edgarated(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Institute of pieces!
They should relocate to Nigeria and feel what we're feeling! angry angry
-----

Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in London or the Uk?

see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by uba1991: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
i tot ipob said trump ll help atiku to defeat buhari but under one condition. ATIKU MUST VISIT TRUMP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Godson201333(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
BluntBoy:

First of all, that Atiku is even being considered for the top post is an evidence of sentiments and tribalism.

It is clear from your post that you would want Atiku to win yet you drag the sentiments of tribes into it while being unable to cover your own sentiments and tribalism.

To be honest with you Both Atiku and Buhari have nothing much to offer Nigerians.I would still choose Buhari over Atiku anything any day..You choose a leader by considering their past too.Atiku was and is still scammer !

5 Likes

Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Rxarinze: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
Folks must we believe anything that carry US name?
Please when are we going to start using our brain for Christ sake.
A lifeless president should be voted out.
Is it the same organisation that is coming to be the electorate in Nigeria soil?
Please let use this power we have now to vote out a lifeless entity from the seat of power.
Re: It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace by Hassan88(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
shammahyaro:
Dear Nairalanders, pardon my typos as I haven't done this before. I'd try to summarize the issue though it isn't as simple as it is. I'm doing this without his knowledge sef.
My boyfriend has been looking for a job for the past 6months now and nothing has come forward.We stay in kaduna environs. He is a 2nd class upper graduate of industrial design and is very good with graphic design.Any job will do.God bless any one that helps.
God will provide my dear. Pray with him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / Presiding Officers’ Admission: We’re Vindicated – PDP / 3 Coronavirus Cases Linked To Governor El-Rufa’s Staff In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.