Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution (4440 Views)

Tinubu Meets With Yemi Idowu And Toyin Subair In London (Pictures) / People Buhari Betrayed / Buhari Betrayed Tinubu, Not Osinbajo Or Anyone Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2018
This is a must read for all as it exposes the cunning Nature of the man known as Buhari .

Major Daniel Idowu Bamidele (1949 - March 5, 1986)[1] was a Nigerian army officer who was executed by the government of Major General Ibrahim Babangida for failing to report an alleged conspiracy against the government, what is popularly referred to as the "Vatsa Coup". Bamidele was charged with conspiracy to commit treason.

Daniel Bamidele joined he Nigerian Army as a non commissioned officer in 1968 during the Nigerian Civil War where he fought in the 12th Commando Brigade initially under Colonel Benjamin Adekunle and later Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo. Bamidele was commissioned as an officer after formal training at the Nigerian Defence Academy on July 29, 1970.[2]

Career
Bamidele graduated from the advanced US Army Infantry course at Fort Benning, Georgia with outstanding recommendations - which led to a personal letter of commendation from then Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma. Bamidele attended the junior division of the Ghana Staff College Teshie, Ghana where he also distinguished himself, attaining the highest rank of command during the final military exercise. He was enrolled in the 3rd Command and Staff College Senior Course, Jaji from 1980 to 1981 and graduated in the top 5%.[2]

According to military historian Nowa Omoigui, Bamidele held a number of interesting appointments during his career. From 1976-79 he was Grade II Staff Officer in the "G" Branch (operations) at Army HQ. When he returned from Teshie in 1979 he was appointed Grade II Staff Officer for Training at the Nigerian Defence Academy. After completing senior division staff training at Jaji he was made the General Staff Officer 2 (Operations and Training) at the HQ of the 3rd Armored Division in Jos. During this tour of duty he got nominated for service abroad. In 1982 he was the Operations Officer for the Nigerian Battalion (NIBATT) as part of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL). This was the Nigerian Battalion in Lebanon at the time of the Israeli invasion. Indeed, it was the last Nigerian Battalion deployed there - President Shagari pulled Nigeria out of UNIFIL thereafter. Upon his return from Lebanon, Major Bamidele was the operations officer for the 3Div HQ during the border war with Chad.[2]

Bamidele's reporting of the December 31, 1983 Coup plot to Major General Muhammadu Buhari
In October 1983 during an official trip to Kaduna to print his divisional brief for the Chief of Army Staff Conference, Daniel Bamidele heard of rumors about a planned coup against President Shagari. When he returned to Jos he promptly reported to his General Officer Commanding (GOC), Major General Muhammadu Buhari (who, unknown to Bamidele at that time was in the thick of the plot). A week later, Bamidele found himself on a plane to Lagos, detained by the Directorate of Military Intelligence at Tego Barracks and accused of plotting a coup against Shagari. Fake witnesses were paraded and a mock interrogation contrived, while reports were being made to the NSO (then under Umaru Shinkafi) to mislead the Shagari regime. Meanwhile, the real plot continued underground with the full involvement of the same Military Intelligence group that was interrogating him. Finally, on November 25, 1983, with no credible witness to nail him, and no legal basis to charge him for a one-man conspiracy, Bamidele was released. He returned to Jos, befuddled about what had actually transpired, until on January 1, 1984, his own GOC, Buhari, to whom he had reported the plot, emerged as the new Head of State!

In early 1984, Bamidele's name was listed for retirement.

references: https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Daniel_Bamidele

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bamidele

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 9:32am On Dec 31, 2018
Eventual Execution

Arrest and execution for failing to report the alleged Vatsa coup conspiracy
Bamidele was implicated in the conspiracy because of a meeting at a guest house in Makurdi with Lt Col Michael Iyorshe and some other officers (Lt Col Musa Bitiyong, Lt Col Christian Oche, Wing Commander Ben Ekele, and Wing Commander Adamu Sakaba) where political criticisms of the Babangida Administration were made but no seditious nor operational coup details were discussed.[3]

Though the connections to any coup are arguable, Bamidele, learning from his ordeal in 1983, kept quiet about any coups, was arrested, tried by a special military tribunal and was executed by firing squad on March 5, 1986, along with others such as Major General Mamman Vatsa. Bamidele's words to the tribunal were

"I heard of the 1983 coup planning, told my GOC General Buhari who detained me for two weeks in Lagos. Instead of a pat on the back, I received a stab. How then do you expect me to report this one? This trial marks the eclipse of my brilliant and unblemished career of 19 years. I fought in the civil war with the ability it pleased God to give me. It is unfortunate that I'm being convicted for something which I have had to stop on two occasions. This is not self adulation but a sincere summary of the qualities inherent in me. It is an irony of fate that the president of the tribunal who in 1964 felt that I was good enough to take training in the UK is now saddled with the duty of showing me the exit from the force and the world
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Omeokachie: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2018
Did he not also betray Tinubu until it dawned on him that his 2nd term ambition is under threat!

Judas ain't got nothing on that dude.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2018
Omeokachie:
Did he not also betray Tinubu until it dawned on him that his 2nd term ambition is under threat!

Judas ain't got nothing on that dude.

Buhari Is an evil snake and I am surprised some slow people still support him

9 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by ucheo: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2018
Guys are digging up history..Walai politics is bad..just ordinary councillor election the level of dirt they will dig up againts any one will be dumbfounding.

Anyway na Buhari buy market as he claims to be Mr Kleen..lol

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2018
Lalasticlala see interesting content
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by ochejoseph(m): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2018
Sad :

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SEGLIZ: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2018
dirt digging is synonymous with politics but a strategy you adopted that failed is meant to be changed for better result.
PDP are known to be good at mudslinging but always failing them, a master of the game but always the looser.
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Stalwert: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2018
This thread is rich in vitamin olodo grin grin grin grin sourced from the incarnate liar himself Reno
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Omeokachie: 9:46am On Dec 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Buhari Is an evil snake and I am surprised some slow people still support him

The people supporting him are doing so for selfish reasons.

Tinubu - after being used and dumped (which even his wife attested to) suddenly jumped up again on being promised the presidency.

BMC - unemployment influenced support. N30k seems like a lifeline they can use their mothers for money ritual for.

Ethnic bigots - Fashola and Osinbajo are both stoking that fire to get SW votes.

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SarkinYarki: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2018
Kai I have always maintained that there no single drop of integrity in this man called Buhari..Just imagine how he led this young man to his eventual execution

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Born2Breed(f): 9:50am On Dec 31, 2018
Betrayal is inherent in him. Buhari maltreated his first wife and she died in penury after battling ill health. Bulhari did not even attend the burial.

Till date nothing is heard of his children from the first marriage to Sefinatu, yesuf is not even his first son.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SarkinYarki: 9:52am On Dec 31, 2018
Stalwert:
This thread is rich in vitamin olodo grin grin grin grin sourced from the incarnate liar himself Reno

even Wikipedia confirms this story so keep quiet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by austinsmat(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2018
I stop reading when he was among those officers that committed genocide against women and children of biafrans. He fellow the Fulanis to committe attrocities, he was rewarded with his own life.

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SarkinYarki: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2018
austinsmat:
I stop reading when he was among those officers that committed genocide against women and children of biafrans. He fellow the Fulanis to committe attrocities, he was rewarded with his own life.

true but this thread is meant to expose Buhari deceptive nature

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by ImperialYoruba: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2018
grin grin

I think most of you already forgot so quick what happened in 2015.

Buhari was opposed using a long lists of people he incarcerated, ones he killed, the ones that ran away before he got them. On top of that Diezani spent 115million in dollars, Dasuki spent over 300million in dollars.....all to defeat Buhari. The man was not even the incumbent in 2015. Yet he won!

How do you hope to uproot him in 2019 that he is incumbent using same tactics of list of dead people, jailed people, people he overthrew....? How...?

Atiku has zero political pedigree, zero political savviness, zero capacity for moral leadership and believes Nigeria owes him an entitlement to be crowned president.

Mtttcheeew, i pity una.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Mystick: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2018
This is the man of integrity to zombies.
The man has too many innocent blood on his hand. He has framed up many just to get power.
This man's past if revealed completely will shock even the most heartless wicked man alive in the whole world.
This is Satan himself walking among humans.
In scam or deception he ranks topmost.
An evil man whose supporters expect people who he openly hates to like him.

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 31, 2018
Yorubas will pay a terrible price if Buhari is re-elected come 2019.....

ALL Yorubas MUSLIMS SHOULD BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Stalwert: 10:13am On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
SarkinYarki:

even Wikipedia confirms this story so keep quiet

[/s]

Another vitamin I (intelligence) deficient post only rich in Vitamin O ..

for starters Wikipedia does not confirm stories my ignorant Atiku servant. It merely host stories for which even anybody can write on.

Secondly, the article is titled David Bamidele which you dishonorably in Obliar fashion changed.

I wonder why the op left this part out:
In early 1984, Bamidele's name was listed for retirement. However, when the list got to Buhari for approval, he crossed Bamidele's name out - recognizing that the officer was caught in a complex vortex and web of intrigue. After being saved from retirement at the last minute he got deployed to Jaji as a Directing Staff.

Suddenly Babangida crimes are being pinned by Atiku supporters on PMB. Your story wrote who killed him yet you decide out of your deep pocket ethno-religious hatred still contrived a name different to sell your lies to the unsuspecting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Another vitamin I (intelligence) deficient post only rich in Vitamin O ..

for starters Wikipedia does not confirm stories my ignorant Atiku servant. It merely host stories for which even anybody can write on.

Secondly, the article is titled David Bamidele which you dishonorably in Obliar fashion changed.

I wonder why the op left this part out:
In early 1984, Bamidele's name was listed for retirement. However, when the list got to Buhari for approval, he crossed Bamidele's name out - recognizing that the officer was caught in a complex vortex and web of intrigue. After being saved from retirement at the last minute he got deployed to Jaji as a Directing Staff.

Suddenly Babangida crimes are being pinned by Atiku supporters on PMB. Your story wrote who killed him yet you decide out of your deep pocket ethno-religious hatred still contrived a name different to sell your lies to the unsuspecting.

was it not Buharist betrayal that led to his refusal to report the second coup plot that led To his execution ... This thread is meant to expose the deceptive and cunning nature of the Satan called Buhari .

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:53am On Dec 31, 2018
thunderfirebuha:
Yorubas will pay a terrible price if Buhari is re-elected come 2019.....

ALL Yorubas MUSLIMS SHOULD BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!

The price will be lower than that paid by piglets grunting & bleating for 8 consecutive years grin cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Stalwert: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

was it not Buharist betrayal that led to his refusal to report the second coup plot that led To his execution ... This thread is meant to expose the deceptive and cunning nature of the Satan called Buhari .
[/s]

The only cunning deciever here is you mr. sarkin yarkin who changed the name of an article to suit your perverse desire.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by austinsmat(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2018
SarkinYarki:

true but this thread is meant to expose Buhari deceptive nature
who care about exposing him
If you knew how you gathered to vote him in, is also left for you guys to vote him out, we warns you but greedy and selfish instrest cage and encircle your minds

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2018
hmmmm
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Sirjamo: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
Buhari himself was in prison in 1986, Ibb is still alive, go to him in Minna and hold him responsible for this.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by DMerciful(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Did he not put Shagari on house arrest while putting his vice Ekwueme in prison?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by SalamRushdie: 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sirjamo:
Buhari himself was in prison in 1986, Ibb is still alive, go to him in Minna and hold him responsible for this.

I hope your IQ improves in 2019 sir ..i am serious

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Ovamboland(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:

See okoro reasoning, that's why they can't be trusted with anything tangible. Sure Atiku will always be watching his back.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Racoon(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
The case of the Late Major Daniel Bamidele is a very peculiar case that should forever remind the oncoming generation about the treachery character President M.Buhari is all about.

Maj.Bamidele heard about the impending coup of Dec.31st 1983 while on assignment in Kaduna & reported it up the chain of command to his boss-Buhari then the GOC of 3 Amoured Division of the Nigerian Army in Jos after he returned to headquarters.

However being neck deep in the plot, Buhari should have simply informed the poor Major that the discovery was indeed true but crave his participation or request he lie low if he wish not to be part of it.

Unfortunately, then Maj-Gen.Buhari got him arrested, tortured & detained for about two weeks in Jos only for the bewildered Bamidele to later see his GOC emerged as the Head Of State(HOS) after the coup.

This experience really disillusioned the hapless young brilliant office that he never recovered from it even after IBB again booted out his boss-Buhari on Aug.27th
1985 until Bamidele was himself implicated in the Late Maj-Gen.Mamman Jiya Vasta Conspiracy of Dec.1985.

The fear of who to trust again after the Buhari's betrayal never made Maj.Bamidele to open up to anyone even when he fully knows the dangerous implication of being caught in a military coup plot.

Meanwhile Buhari is yet to offer an apology to the man's family for ending the brilliant military career of the late Major who rose meritoriously from the ranks during the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by MalcoImX: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hmm, no wonder they call them Atikuliars
Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Vtrd: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
DMerciful:
Did he not put Shagari on house arrest while putting his vice Ekwueme in prison?
Up till today, I still wonder why.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This is a must read for all as it exposes the cunning Nature of the man known as Buhari .

references: https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Daniel_Bamidele

This is false reporting . I got this from the link you posted. Mods please take note

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Daniel_Bamidele

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons For Postponing The Election "United Nations" / Nigerian Army Kill Insurgents, Capture Armoury This Evening / I Saw A Revelation. I See War In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.