Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

People Buhari Betrayed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Buhari Betrayed (1892 Views)

Buhari Betrayed Tinubu, Not Osinbajo Or Anyone Else. / How Buhari Betrayed Major Idowu Bamidele And Eventually Led To His Execution / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2022
VP Osinbajo
What would their work relationship look like over remaining months of this term? I just wonder.

Bola Tinubu
Tinubu won the primary on his own doggedness, he was not a choice of Buhari. What this means is that after 3 failed attempts Buhari was helped to APC victory and presidency by Tinubu....now, Tinubu the kingmaker has become king in his own capacity and self-made victory. Buhari cannot thump chest at Tinubu like Tinubu could and has been doing to show Buhari he owed his success to him. What will their relationship look like going forward? I just wonder.

Amaechi
He could have done many things to improve capacity for his people and region. For example - improve port haulage from Rivers State over improved rail lines to hinterland and up-river modal dry ports. Both port and rail administration are under him for 7yrs. Eastern ports have advantage that Lagos lack, River Niger. Huge income stream through which Lower Niger areas could scale up their IGR. But Amaechi choosed instead to facelift Katsina, Kano, Zamfara, Kaduna serving as clearinghouse for goods originating in Lagos ports into Maradi in Republic of Niger. Amaechi bankrolled Buhari election in 2015. What is his gain? When it matters most Buhari did not show appreciation. It makes me wonder if ongoing rail projects in Katsina will be completed before end of this term.

Ogbonnaya Onu
I wrote about this gentleman before. Before Tinubu and everybody else now in APC and Buhari circle, Mr Onu has always believed and stayed true to Buhari side, through losses and wins, never faltered. Mr Onu was one of the backs that offered itself as a step for Buhari to climb on. When he ascended to top Buhari did not pull Onu up with him....he left him at the bottom. I just wonder if this will not be the end of Onu's loyal service to Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by DaniDani(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
You have a point. Buhari showed indifferent attitude towards this primary election. For one, I reason on both sides and think that was the right thing to do when majority of the contestants are people you are indebted to, i.e, people whom you have benefited from their relationships with you. You will be confused on whom to stand for. Tinubu was instrumental to his emergence as president, so was Amaechi. Osibanjo has been there managing his absence, Lawan have approved even his own death sentence as long as it came from buhari. And these were the major contestants, and each fighting tooth and nail to cury your support. On the other hand, Tinubu will definitely feel betrayed by buhari and will nurse ill against him, considering the magnitude of his contributions towards enthrolling him.

5 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by SWATMan: 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
This is unarguably the truth. I wonder how buhari will relate with these guys henceforth. The most heart breaking is the case of Osinbajo, I really feel for him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by PussyMiners: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
You are right with your submission.

19 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by datola: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
In all the cases it shows that Buhari is not a reliable friend.

I pity, especially our dear Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. What/who pushed him. Passion to serve Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by philiancoop(m): 3:37am On Jun 09, 2022
Buhari was not loyal to any one
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Mynd44: 5:52am On Jun 09, 2022
Buhari said On january 5 2022 when asked about 2023 presidential election. "But my problem"yet people believed he would endorse somebody.

Funny thingd
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Ifearnoevil: 6:11am On Jun 09, 2022
I wonder how sane human being can put his trust on Buhari.
Has Buhari ever showed interest in anything that has to do with governance since he became president.
Have you guys forgotten how Buhari in 2015 showed indifference to the election of principal officers of the national assembly that led to the emergency of Saraki or how Nigeria have become a killing field under his watch.
People should stop giving Buhari the credit he doesn't deserve.

3 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Lawalatm: 6:11am On Jun 09, 2022
PMB did not betray anyone.....rather they all lobbied for his favour. wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2022
Taking side with ANY candidate would have been called a betrayal to other.

The best Buhari can do and should do is to leave it for everyone to struggle for as he did.

If he should support Oshinbajo, he betrayed Tinubu, onu, Amaechi.

Should he support Amaechi, he betrayed Oshinbajo, Tinubu and Onu.

19 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Oshodipikin: 9:03am On Jun 09, 2022
Overrated General who couldn't control his home front not to talk of managing Naija multiple diversity....

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Taking side with ANY candidate would have been called a betrayal to other.

The best Buhari can do and should do is to leave it for everyone to struggle for as he did.

If he should support Oshinbajo, he betrayed Tinubu, onu, Amaechi.

Should he support Amaechi, he betrayed Oshinbajo, Tinubu and Onu.

Leadership is not an easy position and it must be demonstrated even in situations as you described. Buhari failed to demonstrate leadership by not adopting a preferred successor amongst these four people. It does not mean his preference would end up winning the primary.
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by EmeraldJD: 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Buhari took the best stand.. I respect him for that, everyone that contested had one or two things they've done for him before and only one person could get ticket. Supporting one would have been betrayal to the rest.
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Righthussle: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:
VP Osinbajo
What would their work relationship look like over remaining months of this term? I just wonder.

Bola Tinubu
Tinubu won the primary on his own doggedness, he was not a choice of Buhari. What this means is that after 3 failed attempts Buhari was helped to APC victory and presidency by Tinubu....now, Tinubu the kingmaker has become king in his own capacity and self-made victory. Buhari cannot thump chest at Tinubu like Tinubu could and has been doing to show Buhari he owed his success to him. What will their relationship look like going forward? I just wonder.

Amaechi
He could have done many things to improve capacity for his people and region. For example - improve port haulage from Rivers State over improved rail lines to hinterland and up-river modal dry ports. Both port and rail administration are under him for 7yrs. Eastern ports have advantage that Lagos lack, River Niger. Huge income stream through which Lower Niger areas could scale up their IGR. But Amaechi choosed instead to facelift Katsina, Kano, Zamfara, Kaduna serving as clearinghouse for goods originating in Lagos ports into Maradi in Republic of Niger. Amaechi bankrolled Buhari election in 2015. What is his gain? When it matters most Buhari did not show appreciation. It makes me wonder if ongoing rail projects in Katsina will be completed before end of this term.

Ogbonnaya Onu
I wrote about this gentleman before. Before Tinubu and everybody else now in APC and Buhari circle, Mr Onu has always believed and stayed true to Buhari side, through losses and wins, never faltered. Mr Onu was one of the backs that offered itself as a step for Buhari to climb on. When he ascended to top Buhari did not pull Onu up with him....he left him at the bottom. I just wonder if this will not be the end of Onu's loyal service to Buhari.

Op, Buhari made Onu and Ameachi ministers and gave Tinubu the VP slot which he gave to Yemi. Abi him for give them him beautiful wife ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by EmeraldJD: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Leadership is not an easy position and it must be demonstrated even in situations as you described. Buhari failed to demonstrate leadership by not adopting a preferred successor amongst these four people. It does not mean his preference would end up winning the primary.
What he displayed was leadership at its best. He offered everyone a level playing field, let the party members decide.
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by EmeraldJD: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
Righthussle:

Op, Buhari made Onu and Ameachi ministers and gave Tinubu the VP slot which he gave to Yemi. Abi him for give them him beautiful wife ?
I tire o. Onu was minister, Ameachi was minister, Tinibu asked for free and fair primary and he gave him, Osibanjo used his privilege as Vice president to your round the country talking to delegates, he allowed him.. What else do they want from him? Buhari may not be a good president but on this I raise my hands for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Cajal(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
SWATMan:
This is unarguably the truth. I wonder how buhari will relate with these guys henceforth. The most heart breaking is the case of Osinbajo, I really feel for him.
The reason why I had feeling for jagaban
I could not bear that burden of osinbajo betraying TINUBU
I thank God , he has been silenced

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
EmeraldJD:
What he displayed was leadership at its best. He offered everyone a level playing field, let the party members decide.

A choice of preference does not stop party delegates from carrying out their duties.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
EmeraldJD:
Buhari took the best stand.. I respect him for that, everyone that contested had one or two things they've done for him before and only one person could get ticket. Supporting one would have been betrayal to the rest.
No, not really. In a political setting a leader must have choice but be fair and not impose.

Did Buhari vote for one candidate, or all of them?

The candidate he voted is his preference. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging his preference.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cajal:

The reason why I had feeling for jagaban
I could not bear that burden of osinbajo betraying TINUBU
I thank God , he has been silenced

Tinubu cannot run a monopoly, he must realize the need for competition in a healthy democracy. He accused Osinbajo of competing against him, he complained Saraki stopped him in 2015, he lambasted Lawan for competing with him. Come on ... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by DeleTaller: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
SWATMan:

Maybe it is good for Osinbajo to feel the pain he made Tinubu feel for that short 3 months.. I swear only Tinubu can explain such feeling and pain

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Righthussle:

Oh, he should have given zahra to them instead of Indimi. That would have been best.
...mmtcheeeeeew
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
DeleTaller:

Maybe it is good for Osinbajo to feel the pain he made Tinubu feel for that short 3 months.. I swear only Tinubu can explain such feeling and pain

Thats vengeance. This thread is not about wishing others bad.

Let's focus.

Even when it is uncomfortable a leader must have a conviction, a path forward that he believes in...and must adopt it. A leader has to be politically correct but there are times when political incorrectness is appropriate to resolve conflict and bring everyone to ground.

In the first convention Buhari was not shy to pick Abdullahi Adamu as preference and consensus, and bring everyone in line. Why was it hard for him to adopt a preference in primary?

Whats his problem?
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Tradegood: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
It is called scam.

He went to Osibanjo and told him to contest, that one thought he was the favored one.

He went to Nwajubia and told him to contest,
that one thought he was the favored one.

He told Onu to contest,

He told Amaechi to contest,

He told Lawan to contest

Scam!

He scammed them off their 100m.

The scam just clear comot for all their eyes and APC common purse is a billion naira richer.

I hear say Amaechi no be Minister again, eyaa

He favored candidates but e no give them delegates.

Modified 11/07/22
Tinubu picked a Muslim VP.
I hereby declare I am no longer supporting APC at the moment, unless they do right by picking a Christian VP.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Tradegood: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
philiancoop:
Buhari was not loyal to any one

He belonged to nobodygrin

Modified 11/07/22
I hereby declare I am no longer supporting APC at the moment, unless they do right by picking a Christian VP.
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Cajal(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Tinubu cannot run a monopoly, he must realize the need for competition in a healthy democracy. He accused Osinbajo of competing against him, he complained Saraki stopped him in 2015, he lambasted Lawan for competing with him. Come on ... cheesy
That's true
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Tradegood: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:

But did he say he will run monopoly?
Na monopoly make am win the Primaries?

Modified 11/07/22
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:

But did he say he will run monopoly?
Na monopoly make am win the Primaries?

He is bitter that his monopoly was undermined. He said it himself in a public speech, he acted it in attitude and even included it in his acceptance speech after victory.

What else has he not done to show bitterness to his competitors?

He even elbowed Adamu away when that one joined hands to raise flag with him. He didnt want Adamu's hand on the flag. grin

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by MetaPhysical: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:
It is called scam.

He went to Osibanjo and told him to contest, that one thought he was the favored one.

He went to Nwajubia and told him to contest,

He told Onu to contest,

He told Amaechi to contest,

He told Lawan to contest

Scam!

He scammed them off their 100m.

The scam just clear comot for all their eyes and APC common purse is a billion naira richer.

I hear say Amaechi no be Minister again, eyaa

He favored candidates but e no give them delegates.

Very true!

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Tradegood: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:

He is bitter that his monopoly was undermined. He said it himself in a public speech, he acted it in attitude and even included it in his acceptance speech after victory.

What else has he not done to show bitterness to his competitors?

But your assertions is not who he is naa, the guy no dey waka solo

Modified 11/07/22
Re: People Buhari Betrayed by Tradegood: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Very true!

Lol, Buhari sef!

Modified 11/07/22

(1) (2) (Reply)

Legos Metro Blue Rail Testing With Trains. Pictures. / Obidient Have Become Quiet / BREAKING: This Should Be Done By Shettima, Seyi Or Remi, Not Wike- N/D Y (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.