Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,947 members, 7,976,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:08 AM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (117206 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2007
Salvage:

You said "Richard R aped Ofunneka. Period" . Then you said but the case is not against Richard but Big Brother.

So what are you talking about? Ofunneka should sue Big brother for R ape or what?
My goodness, you are a lawyer yes but I understand that suits and cases are about superiour arguement. Yse you can claim she was R aped but another lawyer can also disprove that.

Its not if you say so then its so.

The Mnet people also have lawyers and they have looked at that video and assured MNET that their is no case.

No be must say we go accept spora's quote nor try to understand your *grammar*.

@Salvage
In an earlier post, i had said that the suit would not be against Richard the penniless student, but against the promoters of Big Brother. In that post i clearly stated the cause of action against Big Brother to be "negligence causing loss of reputation." When i said the case would be against Big Broher, that was what i was referring to. In fact i clearly stated the reason why the case would be against Big Brother thus "for failing to intervene when it became obvious that the situation was degenerating beyond safe levels." That would clearly spell negligence to a legal mind but maybe it would not be quite as clear to a layman. But my placing the two sentences next to one another without referring to the previous post was misleading. I apologize.

Yes indeed,superior arguments are what make a case. They are also what make those legal TV shows you've been watching so enthralling. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way in real life. In law, a drunk person is deemed incapable of consenting to sexual contact. If you have sex with your girlfriend (with whom you've had consensual sex in the past) while she is drunk, she has you down fo r a p e, believe me.

As for Mnet's lawyers, Salvage. Salvage. Salvage.

Tell me honestly if this seems like a likely scenario:

Mnet Executive: So, you've viewed the footage. What do you think our liability, if any, is?
Mnet Lawyer: My goodness. What on earth were you thinking letting things get that far? That dreadlocked guy was r a p i n g two drunk women and you stood there beaming it live to all of Africa? How stupid can you get? Look, you're so liable that your grandkids are going to need lawyers to get out of this mess.

Is that a likely scenario? Of course not. Mnet's Lawyers are bound to defend Mnet whether they like it or not.; whether they know they are liable or not. It is part of our professional ethics; you must comfort your client and present him with the most reasonable assessment of his chances of victory. but lawyers often tend to go overboard with these assessments, promising victory in the hope that the client will be motivated to motivate them financially. It's all about money for the lawyers. You think they give a rat's ass whether Mnet is liable or not? In any case they're going to get paid. So they'll say what the client needs to hear so the case goes to court. In our unlikely scenario above, the client would immediately look towards a settlement, and that won't earn the lawyers any fees. It's in the lawyers' interest to say there is no case and go battle it out in court.

I would have thought you would have gotten it by now. The law says you cannot have sexual relations with a drunk woman because she is incapable of giving her consent. Abi make i type am for french too? wink grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2007
@LC
Please write it in French! But you can be rest assured we might not have heard about it but the issue would have been settled, considering the megamillions MNET made on the show, there has to be part 3!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kaydee(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2007
lawyerchap:

Make i type am for french too? wink grin grin

Nah! Latin will do.

I think all arguements on "Fingergate" should end here now cos it's crystal clear from a Lawyer's honest point of view
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Spicegirl1(f): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2007
Tampico, i sent you a mail. Did you get it, cos i'm yet to get a response from you.

Hi all.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Spicegirl
got nothing from u. It cud be that God is speaking to u, not to come??
I have typed my email address sotey, that my fingers are crying. Pls read the other posts i included my email address, cos i don't know how to type it in french or latin grin
Like i said, i won't even be available to work on my system, talkless of browsing. The names I have as of monday nite, are the names i will work with. Everything has been concluded already. God knows i have tried in a work wey i send myself. Wud love to see u there sha.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
LMAO

@LC

Is Ofunneka ready to sue?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
@oluwanisol

whats going on here
'scuse me

DO NOT TOUCH MY 'STRAW'

@adechuks

angry
i dont share wink

@tampico
ii'm taking u up on that

But i'll show up at the reunion --telephonically grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2007
LC
i hope you wont get all students reading to be lawyers soon,Did i hear u do some advert work ;I get it  grin

ALL
I jus talked to my sweet TAMPS,that i wont be able to make it because of some work-minor-travel,I hope everyone understands my point.That means myself n SALSERA r in d same reunion-shoes TELEPATICALLY no be only you sabi grammar cheesy

Is it after the re-union that this thread will close officially??
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Tommyex
I see ure the only one around. I just got in. It's really sad u n Sal won't be available on the d day, I don't even feel like going again undecided
Wat's up wit u guys anyway?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
I was here today!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uche1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2007
Tampico, whats up, cool shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2007
Apparently, Big Brother Africa has been banned in Nigeria: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93781.0.html
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kaydee(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
I really wanna be there too but something came up and i won't make it. Abeg make we move the date na shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2007
Spice girl:

Tampico, i sent you a mail. Did you get it, because i'm yet to get a response from you.

@Spice girl
Hey you. Wassap? Tampico appears to be having difficulty receiving your mail. Perhaps you're still making a mistake in her address. Perhaps you should send me the mail and i'll forward it to her. My email address is lawyerchap007@yahoo.com. I don't want you to miss the reunion since you are a kindred spirit to me. Please do send it ASAP so i can get it to her before the close of work today.

kaydee:

I really want to be there too but something came up and i won't make it. Abeg make we move the date na shocked

Kaydee, WTF?

tommyex:

ALL
I jus talked to my sweet TAMPS,that i wont be able to make it because of some work-minor-travel,I hope everyone understands my point.That means myself n SALSERA r in d same reunion-shoes TELEPATICALLY no be only you sabi grammar cheesy

@Tommyex
Tommyex, WTF

@Tampico
What's with all these people decamping? Salsera is out of the country,Tommyex is travelling somewhere, Kaydee too has things to do and people to see (or is it things to see and people to do? wink wink). Wetin dey worry dem? Have you heard from Uchetobi? As for Spice girl, i think the fact that she has indicated her interest so unequivocally should suffice. You can pencil down her name, perhaps use one of our absentees money to 'block' her space, and on that day collect cash from her. But that's only if she doesn't succeed in reaching you today. How was your weekend?

@9ja4eva
From the noises coming out of her circle of friends, i'm thinking it's going to be a foregone conclusion. She can't not sue. There is just no option.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by oluwanisol(f): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2007
Gud morning all, ow was ur weekend, i op u guys had fun?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2007
Where the heck is everyone today?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by oluwanisol(f): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2007
LC, i wonda o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kikice: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2007
Hello All,

This is to reduce your shocked shocked. I'm here!!!!! grin grin grin grin. today is Monday that's why. Have a blessed week.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Spicegirl1(f): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2007
Busy as hell!

LC, sent you a mail. Did you get it?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2007
Spice girl:

Busy as hell!
LC, sent you a mail. Did you get it?

Spice, yeah i got it. Busy as hell too. Will give you a call when these client service people get off my case.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
lawyerchap:

Where the heck is everyone today?

smiley cheesy grin
I wonder if this dude read his Bible at all. These are the signs of the end time, my bros!
Hmmmmmmmm. Good bye BBA 2 thread. Good bye! sad cry
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ndi(f): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2007
lawyerchap:

As for Mnet's lawyers, Salvage. Salvage. Salvage.

Tell me honestly if this seems like a likely scenario:

Mnet Executive: So, you've viewed the footage. What do you think our liability, if any, is?
Mnet Lawyer: My goodness. What on earth were you thinking letting things get that far? That dreadlocked guy was r a p i n g two drunk women and you stood there beaming it live to all of Africa? How stupid can you get? Look, you're so liable that your grandkids are going to need lawyers to get out of this mess.

grin grin grin grin grin LMAO!  grin grin grin

Actually, No good lawyer would dare utter that to his client, its all about the pay & also the stuff they are made of.
Really, Lawyers are supposed to be daring, take up the challenge even when it is seemingly impossible.

I do not think Ofunneka wants to sue though, according to Saturday Punch Headline she states there that "I HAVE NO REGRETS"  So Homegirl won't be needing 'em Matlock or Ally Mcbeal.  smiley

spora:

smiley cheesy grin
I wonder if this dude read his Bible at all. These are the signs of the end time, my bros!
Hmmmmmmmm. Good bye BBA 2 thread. Good bye! sad cry

Guys!! the topic is closed really but with a few days to our reunion it is only natural that we rub minds here.

Salsera - Yeah, we know your trip is an inevitable one, we would still hook up though.

Tommyex - WHATEVER!!! Just be there on that day.  sad Your excuse no hold water.

Kaydee - I don't get it, Is something chasing you or you are chasing something. Even if its an hour, You need to be there LIVE!!! PLEASE!!!! ( The babe go understand)  wink

Spora - I hope say you too no get any excuse because i can't wait to "Unmask the Clown."  grin grin

Uchetobi - Please if you still cannot get thru to T, why not follow the same pattern as Spicegirl. PLEASE!!!!!.  kiss

No more excuses y'all, am outter here.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2007
Ndi:

grin grin grin grin grin LMAO! grin grin grin
Actually, No good lawyer would dare utter that to his client, its all about the pay & also the stuff they are made of.
Really, Lawyers are supposed to be daring, take up the challenge even when it is seemingly impossible.

I do not think Ofunneka wants to sue though, according to Saturday Punch Headline she states there that "I HAVE NO REGRETS" So Homegirl won't be needing 'em Matlock or Ally Mcbeal. smiley

Honey, don't forget that what was reproduced in the Punch on Saturday was the Interview with Big Brother, not an independent interview with Punch. At the end of that interview, you will notice that she says "i'm still waiting to see the footage" meaning she hadn't seen it yet when she said "No Regrets." If she could cry so much when Richard told her he kissed her, she cannot say "no regrets" when she sees the footage. Trust me, we haven't heard the last of this.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2007
Lawyer chap,
You are right. i noticed most of the interviews in the tabloids are from the press conference they had and is posted on BBA website.
So i know we have not heard the last of this, let her come back home first.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ndi(f): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2007
spora:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meamwhile, Ofunneka is expected back home on Friday 16th November. Already, Multichoice Nigeria, subscription managers of the DSTV bouquet in the country, have lined up series of events to herald her home coming.

On arrival she would be guest to a handful of television and radio live programmes designed to enable her interact with teeming fans.

aysometin:

So i know we have not heard the last of this, let her come back home first.

You mean Homegirl is not home yet?? So where the hell did Spora get his information from? abi him don turn radio without wire? PEOPLE who knows if Ofunneka is back home?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kaydee(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ All

Only if y'all know how much i wanna be there to strangle everyone with a diff opinion from mine.Lol!!!!!!!! I really miss Chucky on this thread.
@ Ndi
Every November or December,We(My Family) go to I.B for the family harvest in Grandpa's church(Anglican). I've dodged it for 2years and they're on my neck that i must not miss this one now. They close late in that church. sad sad sad

@ Tampico
I didn't call as promised cos of what came up and i'm still fighting it. I'll call 2mrw to let u know where i stand.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mamus2010(f): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
i hail oh
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by larrybabe: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2007
The reunion is gonna be the BOMB. grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2007
Ndi:

You mean Homegirl is not home yet?? So where the hell did Spora get his information from? abi him don turn radio without wire? PEOPLE who knows if Ofunneka is back home?

She is back home but the point is that Saturday Punch interview was not an independent interview with Homegirl and doesn't represent her present stance on the events of October 27th.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ndi(f): 8:36am On Nov 20, 2007
Goodmorning all!

@LC
Thanks dear for that info, i did not see anything on Telly about her homecoming or welcome back party maybe i did not look very well.

@Kaydee
Ok, but it would be really nice to see you on the reunion day.

@Spora
Where you dey self?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by oluwanisol(f): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2007
just to let every1 no dat i was here to post. ve a nice day.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2007
Ndi:

@Spora
Where you dey self?

I dey here now!
Under oluwanisol grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (85) (Reply)

Jackie Chan Died Of Heart Attack @ Age 56 / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" / Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.