Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,381 members, 7,910,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:34 PM

Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story (58826 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Senators Behind Anti Same Sex Bill (Photo) / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by omofat: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

being yoruba or ibo has nothing to do with being gay afterall the guy in question is a yoruba but my opposition did not really attack him but the evil act itself.i may chose to play a tribal one on any matter but not a case of homosexuality.gays are more evil than anything

You miss my (poorly expressed) point, which was a response to Basildon1 musings about why everyone who is gay suddenly becomes a Bad man and no one is clamoring to maim errant governors or philandering priests. But the gay guy?, let's annihilate him.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2010
Rheinmetal:

So what exactly does "gay rights" mean? That the govt should make laws to enforce homosexuality as an accepted norm of human behaviour with all the attendant rights and protection? We are already condemned to live in a world where you are considered not "cool" or a moral bigot for not accepting gays as the coolest thing since MJ did his moonwalk on half-pants and two-inch stilleto heels. We have feigned acceptance when some misguided fool attempts to equate the campaign for gay rights with the civil rights movement on some flawed logic I couldn't be bothered to recall. Now what more do they want from us? As tolerant as I would want to be, gays must accept that tolerance is limited. In my opinion, there is no premise to justify to a man/man union or woman/woman union. This is as far as tolerance can take me, cos tolerance can never mutate into acceptance.

Of course, the western world would be quick to grant asylum to the likes of Mr. Alimi, while Nigerian graduates who genuinely long for a bigger platform to share their gifts with the world would be turned back at the doors of the High Commission. Not that we are done with western politics over the effective distribution of anti-retroviral drugs as it is, then imagine the likely epidemic that would ensue once all the closets are emptied. Where are the drugs to check that? Another means for the WHO and its western backers to continue their campaign of neo-colonisation, while our inept govts go cap in hand begging for drugs that are surplus in western countries.

Mr. Alimi should watch that movie "Milk" and console himself with the thought that one day, he too might recieve an Oscar for his films.
But he berra not bring that shiit over here
Africa and the third world has more than its fair share of western induced problems
@bolded
very true. . .The western world has already caused enough harm and damage,and we won't let that continue. . . angry angry
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by omofat: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^^ If they didn't grant him asylum, you lot would have killed his arse.

You curse out the western govts but then expect the same western govts to come save your people with effective drugs, then curse them out again.

Meanwhile your people have absolutely no culpability in what's wrong in your lands. Oh noooo - it's all the evil west's fault!
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by CE: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2010
He needs prayer inorder to overcome this evil possession sad
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
omo~fat:

You miss my (poorly expressed) point, which was a response to Basildon1 musings about why everyone who is gay suddenly becomes a Bad man and no one is clamoring to maim errant governors or philandering priests. But the gay guy?, let's annihilate him.
homos are worse off than anything you can think. . .it's totally abnormal
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2010
omo~fat:

^^^ If they didn't grant him asylum, you lot would have killed his arse.

You curse out the western govts but then expect the same western govts to come save your people with effective drugs, then curse them out again.

Meanwhile your people have absolutely no culpability in what's wrong in your lands. Oh noooo - it's all the evil west's fault!
very ignorant comment. . .Where did HIV/AIDS originate 4rm?Nigeria?Ghana?please. . .Unfortunately,Africa has 2 bare d brunt of the reckless and devil inspired lifestyle of d west.U r talking as if they r doing us a favour by giving us drugs. . .The same west that spearheaded the so-called global warming,of which Africa will be d hardest hit?Please save all that talk. . .
we have our own share of problems which we have caused and we do admit.we don't deny d fact that corruption is d in thing in Nigeria. . .we r still struggling with dat coupled with other societal vices and then d west again,want 2 make homo a way of life . . .sick world
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by omofat: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
Sadly, most articles I've read trace the origins of the virus to west africa - oftentimes cameroon is mentioned. Read the link that Bluetooth posted that you so eagerly championed a few comments back. Keep reading beyond just the first paragraph and adequately digest the article with some thought and reasoning.

If you will stop with the emotional arguments, you might just be able to see some light at the end of your personal tunnel.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
omo~fat:

Sadly, most articles I've read trace the origins of the virus to west africa - oftentimes cameroon is mentioned. Read the link that Bluetooth posted that you so eagerly championed a few comments back. Keep reading beyond just the first paragraph and adequately digest the article with some thought and reasoning.

If you will stop with the emotional arguments, you might just be able to see some light at the end of your personal tunnel.
ofcourse it a known fact that d virus was detected in chimps in congo. . .also it was discovered that its first contact with a human,was a hunter and it was accidental. . .I came across this interesting article that said something. . .
The first cases of  AIDS were reported in the United States in 1981, amongst male homosexuals in Los Angeles and New York. Within two decades, up to 50 million may have been infected globally, approximately 22 million have succumbed and nearly 15,000 new infections are said to occur daily,
http://www.lifepositive.com/body/body-holistic/aids/aids.asp
despite d virus being detected in africa as early as 1910-1950,it was not a pandemic,not until d americans got in and d rest is history
So my point is still valid,that d rapid spread of the disease,was orchestrated by d west,Ironically,Homosexuals. . .When I said originated in my earlier post,I was refering 2 d spread and not d root cause. . .
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by EzeUche22(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2010
This disgusting thread still has not been closed! angry

HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN! End of discussion.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Sharonf(f): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
OK! See what will happen. Gay can form their own country somewhere and everybody else can go to their own country. Lets see how they will continue to survive.
This thing is a psychological problem, he should be trying to get therapy instead of crying for d'i'ck up his a'sshole.

What is the difference between that and having se''x with animals?? WHY NOT ALLOW SEX WITH ANIMALS, CAT,FISH, CHICKEN AND GOAT?
Rather than be ashamed,he should get the therapy he needs.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by yunafa(f): 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2010
naija is not soddom and gommorah and nairaland should not be a tool used to promote any form of sin, blasphemy or perversion. moderators, over to you!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Beaf: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2010
Gays exist in Nigeria and they are not being killed, but they exist in a cage since as non-procreators, they are worthless to society.
So there is some sort of balance but, the day they attempt to break out of their lil cage. . . [size=21pt]BOOM!!! SUDDEN DEATH!!![/size]

Gays here, please respect yourselves and keep out of peoples faces.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
Sharon_f:

OK! See what will happen. Gay can form their own country somewhere and everybody else can go to their own country. Lets see how they will continue to survive.
This thing is a psychological problem, he should be trying to get therapy instead of crying for d'i'ck up his a'sshole.

What is the difference between that and having se''x with animals?? WHY NOT ALLOW SEX WITH ANIMALS, CAT,FISH, CHICKEN AND GOAT?
Rather than be ashamed,he should get the therapy he needs.

you harsh o. . .i wonder what your reaction would be if a gay snatch your husband.lwkmd
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2010
Beaf:

Gays exist in Nigeria and they are not being killed, but they exist in a cage since as non-procreators, they are worthless to society.
So there is some sort of balance but, the day they attempt to break out of their lil cage. . . [size=21pt]BOOM!!! SUDDEN DEATH!!![/size]

Gays here, please respect yourselves and keep out of peoples faces.
GBAM!!!! sad sad
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

lwkmd. . .what is normal in homosexuality ? So you mean God was wrong to have created Eve as a companion to Adam. . .two Adams would have been the right thing if i understand your point better.fyi,there are reports that HIV/AiDS started through homosexual and i've heard about guys using pad when surgeries could no longer sustain their azzz.Animals are even more rightly-minded on this issue than gay humans

I thought you weren't bringing religion/God/sin into this?

Homosexuality might be an aberation, but it's not a crime. Maybe the God who created the majority to be right-handed made majority heterosexual as well! Does it make left-handedness or homosexualism a sin

philip0906:

GBAM!!!! sad sad

You've proved nothing but your closed-mindedness on this thread so why don't you take a hike?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
God hates left-handed people? shocked shocked shocked [size=14pt]HAHAHAHA[/size]
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Beaf: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

Homosexuality might be an aberation, but it's not a crime. Maybe the God who created the majority to be right-handed made majority heterosexual as well! Does it make left-handedness or homosexualism a sin

And who says so? It is an imprisonable crime by Nigerian law. And we are Nigerians.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
EzeUche22:

[size=14pt] HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, SAME AS FORNICATION, LUST, HATE AND ADULTERY! [/size]

please try to find time to remove that IROKO tree trunk in your eye there!
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

You've proved nothing but your closed-mindedness on this thread so why don't you take a hike?

whatever u like say. . .just enjoy ur fantasy here on nland. . .cos in d real world(Nigeria) where it matters most,u'll be a gonner. . .bunch of sickos angry angry
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by GAR3TH(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
I dislike gay people and i don't like there ways. . .but who im i to judge. . .Even though they are gay i still support gay marriages. . .why because they are human and we are all equal. You shouldn’t let your ideology decide peoples faiths . . .the world does not revolve around you. I hate it when people bring religion into topics like this. To me religion is starting to become one big joke.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by madamL(f): 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
when are we closing this thread?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

homos are worse off than anything you can think. . .it's totally abnormal

ROFLMAO !!! What does that even mean?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

God hates left-handed people? shocked shocked shocked [size=14pt]HAHAHAHA[/size]

Yea, it's a sin!  grin  grin  grin

Beaf:

And who says so? It is an imprisonable crime by Nigerian law. And we are Nigerians.

Okay, let me rephrase that - homosexuality should not be a crime!  cool

philip0906:

whatever u like say. . .just enjoy your fantasy here on nland. . .cos in d real world(Nigeria) where it matters most,u'll be a gonner. . .bunch of sickos angry angry

If I were a lesbian, I'm sure I'll be able to snatch your wife from you!  tongue  tongue  cheesy
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
EzeUche22:

Damn hypocrites!
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO !!! What does that even mean?
Abnormal;as in something a normal human would not engage in or associate with. .or can you one day suddenly take to lesbianism ? I mean you kobo
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

abeg let me know if your view on homosexuality/lesbianism before i know how to address you ? Are you a lesbo ?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Beaf: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

Okay, let me rephrase that - homosexuality should not be a crime!  

If I were a lesbian, I'm sure I'll be able to snatch your wife from you!  tongue  tongue  cheesy

So why haven't you chosen to be one since you support it so much? Some people make a deliberate choice.
I get sick of people seeking relevance with screaming inane things like "legalise homo", "give gorilla's human rights" and other bunkum.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

Yea, it's a sin!  grin  grin  grin

Okay, let me rephrase that - homosexuality should not be a crime!  cool

well,in another world grin grin
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Abnormal;as in something a normal human would not engage in or associate with. .or can you one day suddenly take to lesbianism ? I mean you kobo

I'd have to be female to take on lesbianism, right?  undecided

I still don't get what is ABNORMAL about being gay. I mean is having sex with a woman abnormal? So why is having sex with another man to be considered Abnormal. You have two consenting beings, attraction and then bodies. . . what is abnormal about that?

That I do not bungeJump does not mean those who do are ABNORMAL, or is that your take on issus? All that you are not able to wrap your mind around is ABNORMAL?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I'd have to be female to take on lesbianism, right?  undecided

I still don't get what is ABNORMAL about being gay. I mean is having sex with a woman abnormal? So why is having sex with another man to be considered Abnormal. You have two consenting beings, attraction and then bodies. . . what is abnormal about that?

That I do not bungeJump does not mean those who do are ABNORMAL, or is that your take on issus? All that you are not able to wrap your mind around is ABNORMAL?
ok kobo. . .lets stop all these analysis. . .If our forefathers were gay(all of a sudden just d way it is now),would we all be here 2day?their bones would have rot and there will be no continuity,abi how u c am? undecided
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

abeg let me know if your view on homosexuality/lesbianism before i know how to address you ? Are you a lesbo ?

Nope! I can't do without the hard hard body and rigid you- know-wat of the men!   wink

Beaf:

So why haven't you chosen to be one since you support it so much? Some people make a deliberate choice.
I get sick of people seeking relevance with screaming inane things like "legalise homo", "give gorilla's human rights" and other bunkum.

Psychology has proven that most times it's not a choice to make. Some are just born that way. I enjoy sex too much to consider towing that line!

But I dont think people should be punished for something they cannot help. And please homosexuals and human beings, just like you and I!

philip0906:

well,in another world grin grin

In another world, you will be gay!  tongue  cheesy
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
philip0906:

ok kobo. . .lets stop all these analysis. . .If our forefathers were gay(all of a sudden just d way it is now),would we all be here 2day?their bones would have rot and there will be no continuity,abi how u c am? undecided

Dude, get yourself some education on this before you comment. It is quite likely that some of your forefathers, even those with wives, still engaged in gay activities. Read up your history please to find out. Gayness did not start this century. It has been around for thousands of years, and is probably not going anywhere soon. There have been reports of boys kidnapped and molested by men. Some killed afterwards. That you choose to wear blinders to these things is no one's fault but yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply)

Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket / Dino Melaye's Outfit To A Cocktail Event In Switzerland. Photos / Zahra Buhari To Wed Ahmed Indimi - Abuja Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.