Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out (33209 Views)

Keyamo: Unknown Gunmen Turned To Innocent Citizens After Buhari's Threat / Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by RZArecta(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
bcashy:

I just need you to do me one favour please...just go out there on Saturday and snatch ballot box, pose with it and snap a picture , then come back here on Sunday and show us how cute u are with the ballot box......PDP miscreants, they an snatch ballot box but they no wan die lol
idiócy is meant for APC zombies same as thuggery and foolísh behaviours just like your master MC Oluomo who was stabbed in the neck like a chicken. It's even you Im begging not to go and snatch ballot box because you're used to nonsense behaviour, army will shoot you before they realise that you're a paid zombie and it will be too late. Anuofia grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Anusiemgood(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
Is better you stay clear from ballot box snatching... when you don die, nothing will still happen oo

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
Today, after watching the tyrant make that statement. I was shocked. There is a Constitution in this country and it stipulates the penalty for electoral offences. But as always, Mr. Muhammedu, being an Islamist, has ignored the provisions of the constitution and call for his illiterate supporters to kill people.

Today, after watching Mr. Oshomole, frankly speak Hausa in clauses of the speeches, to please the Northern Masters, as a willing slave from the Southern divide, who are great at dividing the South in worship of the Masters, I have finally made a decision.

That, this country, is no longer a place for sane minds and therefore, I have began arrangement to relocate. I have been one of the best minds who believed I could stay put and be proud of Nigeria, but I can no longer be proud to be a citizen of a country where barbarism is celebrated.

It is a shame. That a President, can threaten citizens with Death. It therefore means that El-Rufai was just speaking for his master.

I keep wondering what is wrong with Islam, that those who fall for this religion are almost always crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
pchukwudi:
smiley

Don't mind the sinking tyrant and his bunch of occult morons.

They are the ones twisting the word of the murderous tyrant to suit there murderous inclinations. Supporters of this idiocy are the reason there are large scale killings in the land on daily basis.

Nowhere did tyrant mention ARMED ballot snatching. But his hopeless supporters had to import that into the narrative just to satisfy their god's quest for innocent blood. Even armed robbers are not killed extra judicially except in cases of self-defense. It's folks like the tyrant supporters that lynch people on the street for stealing bread. No single value for human life.

The tyrant threatened POTENTIAL "ballot snatchers" with military extra judicial killings DURING AN ELECTION WEEK and they are here and there supporting it.

Shame on all of you, if you are one of those who support this madness.

I support it wholeheartedly. Ballot box snatchers should be shot on site. Snatching ballot boxes is a coup against the nation and coup against democracy should receive death penalty.

Ballot box snatchers don't snatch ballot boxes by asking nicely, they come fully armed and shoot sporadically to drive away election officials, party agents, observers and even security men, before they carry the boxes into their hideout for thumb printing.

It is expected that PDP and their supporters will cry foul, because they are afraid the directive will affect only them. You don't expect master ballot box snatchers to applauded the move as they are afraid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by HeroicMeastro: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Limitednow:

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/is-buharis-threat-to-ballot-box-snatchers-constitutional-find-out/
Why is it that some fools are raising alarm out of the President's statement? Why the panic if we all want a free, fair and credible election?

Fortunately, majority of the voters do not even have smart phones to typing rubbish on internet. Their actions are only known at voting points.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by AnanseK(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Firefire:
Mohomodu Buhary can never change as a tyrant.
“The Electoral Act (2010), however, does not prescribe death for any electoral
The maximum sentence for snatching of ballot boxes is 24 months in prison.
Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”
Those supporting this shoot-at-sight order of Buhary should watch their back. RIP in advance to innocent Nigerians who will be labeled ballots box snatchers.

I suspect that you are planning to snatch ballot boxes, please don’t . It’s not worth the risk.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Talknochip(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
This is really not good!... Is anyone thinking about stray bullets and disruption of peace in the polling units as a result of killings by stray bullets? This is wrong, very wrong!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Gforce2019: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Folks, forget all these pdp grammar.... and do not faulter electoral law .... because paraventure you are caught, no billion of pdp scallywag or bigwigs can safe you....

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nigerdailytimes: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Meanwhile, Buhari has threatened ballot snatchers with death by police and army

https://www.nigeriadailytimes.com/2019/02/warning-president-buhari-orders-police-military-to-kill-ballot-box-snatchers/

Read latest Nigeria news on Www.nigeriadailytimes.com
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by fredoooooo: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Carry box and yamutu grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
snatch it first then we will know if its constitutional
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by bcashy: 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
RZArecta:
idiócy is meant for APC zombies same as thuggery and foolísh behaviours just like your master MC Oluomo who was stabbed in the neck like a chicken. It's even you Im begging not to go and snatch ballot box because you're used to nonsense behaviour, army will shoot you before they realise that you're a paid zombie and it will be too late. Anuofia grin

Idiot! No be since wen baba don talk say na body bag u people go cost Nigeria if u try snatch ballot box u don dey bark like dog, quoting ur village laws and all sort of nonsenses u imbeciles were born with? I still repeat, go and snatch ballot box u hear? You go feel how bullet dey work! Asigbe omo.ward!

5 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:
Today, after watching the tyrant make that statement. I was shocked. There is a Constitution in this country and it stipulates the penalty for electoral offences. But as always, Mr. Muhammedu, being an Islamist, has ignored the provisions of the constitution and call for his illiterate supporters to kill people.

Today, after watching Mr. Oshomole, frankly speak Hausa in clauses of the speeches, to please the Northern Masters, as a willing slave from the Southern divide, who are great at dividing the South in worship of the Masters, I have finally made a decision.

That, this country, is no longer a place for sane minds and therefore, I have began arrangement to relocate. I have been one of the best minds who believed I could stay put and be proud of Nigeria, but I can no longer be proud to be a citizen of a country where barbarism is celebrated.

It is a shame. That a President, can threaten citizens with Death. It therefore means that El-Rufai was just speaking for his master.

I keep wondering what is wrong with Islam, that those who fall for this religion are almost always crazy.

Try the shit you guy get away with in the US and see if you will live to say constitution. Take a gun to where people are casting their vote and attempt to snatch a ballot box and see if any armed officer will ask questions before blowing your head off.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by jamace(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
It is obvious that ONLY PDP will bear the brunt of all the laws. Nothing will happen to APC because APC is a 'saint', no matter the level of contravention of the law.

Everything about Buhari is nepotistic.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by eLcastro(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
Someone once said the number of votes buhari gets this election will tell the number of fools in this country and everyday i continue to see sense in it.....he would still remain gmb/pmb if he had said i'v given all security person to make sure all ballot box snatchers are apprehending and all found trying to sabotage this election process brought to law.....it's 2019 people don't snatch box they buy votes and induce returning officers.. what's the idiot talking about......this just tactics to ensure citizens don't come out en masse to vote.....why will i snatch a box when i can pay all the electorate to vote me or pay the returning officers to switch the result.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
jamace:
It is obvious that ONLY PDP will bear the brunt of all the laws. Nothing will happen to APC because APC is a 'saint', no matter the level of contravention of the law.

Of cause, as it is only PDP that is screaming blue murder over a directive to shoot ballot box snatchers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Demol4trillions(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
MY PRESIDENT YOU ARE CORRECT! IF THERE IS ANYTHING LIKE 'OVER CORRECT', YOU ARE SIR! THE ERA OF 'CHOP MAKE I CHOP' GONE! NEXT LEVEL NIGERIA ACTIVATED EVERYWHERE!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by fashrola(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
deji17:

Election riggers do not come with umbrellas to polling stations to rig elections ,they are armed to the teeth.

That fat guy sitting on the ground is Ekemini, I've always say that this guy gonna end up in jail asap

From being a spoilt brat to a crook... Selling your late dad's property for peanuts, duping people on the streets.....

May the soul of his loving parents continue to RIP and may he rot in jail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by sammyj: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
Bros are you planning to snatch ballot box ni
Limitednow:

Oga we are in a democratic setting. Tell Buhari to sign the amended electoral act into law first. There is no other way to thwart the will of the people other than refusing to sign that bill into law.

Don't support Illegality because it might one day hunt you down.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by jamace(m): 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
wirinet:

Of cause, as it is only PDP that is screaming blue murder over a directive to shoot ballot box snatchers.
Of course, because Buhari is damn nepotistic! His corruption fight is only against opposition, but dines and wines with APC corrupt bigwigs.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
modath:
Yes it is....

It's due process..

"It's NECESSARY process...

PDP has no plan for fair & credible elections, all they are after is power by all means,THEY know nothing beyond rigging, looting & destruction....

THEY WILL BE STOPPED cool
Those who make unguarded comments are misguided about the point at issue! Hmmmm! Tyrants don't follow due process: they do things at their whims and caprices! This is the worst comment I've perused this evening.
PDP will bounce back, waxing stronger like never before!
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Firefire(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
AnanseK:

I suspect that you are planning to snatch ballot boxes, please don’t . It’s not worth the risk.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
jamace:
Of course, because Buhari is damn nepotistic! His corruption fight is only against opposition, but dines and wines with APC corrupt bigwigs.

Who is talking of corruption fight? We are not even talking about Buhari's nepotism(which Buhari is guilty of), we are talking about criminals who attempt to steal the wishes of the people by snatching ballot papers during elections. If possible, I will also support shooting all those who alter and allocate votes after the elections.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by AnanseK(m): 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
SO TOUCHING!!!

PRESIDENT BUHARI SPEAKS LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

God knows my heart it is to assure you that I set Nigeria on the path that you will be proud of in the future.

There is difficulty while trying to bring change in the country, but we are trying our best, even our adversaries know we have taken the right course to set Nigeria on track, we offended these money bag politicians and they will never forgive us.

The offence is that, we have blocked all their taps they use for stealing, they now do not care if Nigeria will be up in flames, they can sell even the ashes and fly out.

They have focused on us now with all their might, they want to be allowed to destroy the effort we have made in straightening things so far.

They are not interested even in an
iota of good for Nigeria and its people.

We have no choice, the choice belongs to you people of Nigeria, if you are confident of our efforts, you can vote for us again, so we keep building from where we are.

This will be beneficial to all and if you falsify us then go back to them (moneybag politicians) so they can destroy your future and the country at large.

But definitely you will remember I told you the truth and I have set you on the path of truth and I have lead you truthfully.

The choice is yours on the path of the nation.

I swear in my mind it is not about politics but how this country will turn out to be in the future.

President
Muhammadu Buhari

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by abokikhalifa: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
pchukwudi:
smiley

Don't mind the sinking tyrant and his bunch of occult morons.

They are the ones twisting the word of the murderous tyrant to suit there murderous inclinations. Supporters of this idiocy are the reason there are large scale killings in the land on daily basis.

Nowhere did tyrant mention ARMED ballot snatching. But his hopeless supporters had to import that into the narrative just to satisfy their god's quest for innocent blood. Even armed robbers are not killed extra judicially except in cases of self-defense. It's folks like the tyrant supporters that lynch people on the street for stealing bread. No single value for human life.

The tyrant threatened POTENTIAL "ballot snatchers" with military extra judicial killings DURING AN ELECTION WEEK and they are here and there supporting it.

Shame on all of you, if you are one of those who support this madness.

If you like go and snatch ballot box .You will die for nothing. Be warned
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by BlazeAttai(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by bcashy: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
Dear security agents , if I snatch ballot box on Saturday or attempt to snatch ballot box please shoot me to death!
Everybody with clean hand should say this loud !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin. See them running out of the thread grin grin grin
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by kerzhim(m): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
Section 33(2) of Nigeria constitution

A person shall not be regarded as having been deprived of his life in contravention of this section, If he dies as a result of the use, to such extent and in such circumstances as are permitted by law, of such force as is reasonably necessary.

(a) for the defence of any person from unlawful violence or for the defence of property.

(b) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent the escape of a person lawfully detained.

(c) for the purpose of suppressing a riot, insurrection or mutiny.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by muykem: 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
Op you know Buhari did not go to school so he doesn't know that is your consistution right to snatch ballot box.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by bcashy: 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
BlazeAttai:
cool[color=#000099][/color].
Buhari did not made that statement to pdp, He made it generally but i don't understand why the statement affect only pdp.

Help me ask dem criminals oooooi.,...BABA GO SLOW DON TALK.......even if u fit run past Hussein bolt ....if u wan show your skill.... Come snatch ballot box on Saturday...u go know say bullet speed pass ur own grin grin grin grin grin born criminals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens If Tinubu’s VP Placeholder, Masari, Goes Rogue? / Soludo’s Commissioner, Ngozi Chuma-Udeh To Job Seeker: You Are Stupid, Filthy / Festus Keyamo Attacks Vanguard Newspaper Over Poor Headline "Bad Journalism"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.