Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out (33207 Views)

Keyamo: Unknown Gunmen Turned To Innocent Citizens After Buhari's Threat / Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
abokikhalifa:

If you like go and snatch ballot box .You will die for nothing. Be warned

Don't mind PDP and their wailings. Out of over 70 parties participating in the elections only PDP is feeling very pained by the directive to shoot ballot box snatchers.

Please help me ask him which of the offences is more serious, snatching of ballot boxes during elections or shooting of ballot box snatchers?
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by misano(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2019
kunmiiii:

Please just stop okay, Nigeria's elections have historically been marred by violence, a good number emanating from conflicts with ballot box snatchers, and an estimated 5.4million lives lost since the fourth republic, how many have been convicted...due process in this country is flawed, and the people that commit these heinous crimes are defective, and don't deserve a day in court!

APC supporters are not democratic at all. Sorry...

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by martineverest(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
wirinet:

Try the shit you guy get away with in the US and see if you will live to say constitution. Take a gun to where people are casting their vote and attempt to snatch a ballot box and see if any armed officer will ask questions before blowing your head off.
abeg,lecture that oversabi....I like this shoot at the sight of snatchers.the election night be the freest in democratic Nigeria
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by themanderon: 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
He doesn't read, he doesn't understand, quoting the constitution for him is a waste of time. Dude is still existing in 1983.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
kunmiiii:
I'm totally in support of it, snatch the ballot box and let Buhari make an example out of you! angry

And yes, we need a Tyrant to right all the wrongs of the morally depraved, Nigeria is really not a conventional society.

We can't apply sanity when dealing with Nigerians, they only understand FORCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Dollabiz: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
hell no
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by knightehis(m): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
Dont worry, go ahead to snatch ballot box and pay with ur life.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by knightehis(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
These PDP polithiefians say we should vote and defend our votes.
I ask if na with PVC we go take defend our votes?
Now Buhari want eliminate those ballot box snatxhers who dont want our votes to count and PDP is fidgeting. What kind of people are in this PDP sef
Nigerians are not threatened by the directive of the president we are happy with it, only election riggers are afraid
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by kernniejay(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
My selling point for PMB is that Abuja airport terminal has been completed.

My selling for PMB is that Portharcourt International airport terminal has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Biafra Police have collected their pensions after 30 years deadlock.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to complete the 2nd Niger bridge.

My selling point for PMB is that 12 super turcano fighter jets would be delivered to Nigerian Air Force by 2020 to combat further acts of terrorism.

My selling point for PMB is that Ilorin jebba road has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos/ Ibadan expressway has reached 60% completion.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to revive Ajaokuta Steel.

My selling point for PMB is that Nigerian Police now witness increment in their salaries.

My selling point for PMB is that JAMB now remitts 5 billions naira annually, while PDP remitted less than that figure in the whole 16 years.

My selling point for PMB is that, he reduced JAMB fees to N3,500 and NECO to N4,000 respectively.

My selling point for PMB is that Abuja to Kaduna railway has been commissioned.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Abeokuta railway has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Mabila power plant is now visible.

My selling point for PMB is that electricity production has improved by 65%, the Mega Watt rises from 3000Mw to 7500Mw. The distribution companies' (sold by PDP to paddy-paddy) ability to do their business, is another matter.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Kano railway is under construction.

My selling point for PMB is that Kaduna to Abuja expressway has been rehabilitated.
And lots more...

I will vote for President Muhamadu Buhari, I will broadcast his strengths. I will defend him when assailed by bitter bigots.

He has fought Boko Haram with zeal.
He has kept a lid on the CBN vault.
He has boosted Agriculture.
He is transforming the rails.
He is keen to help the poorest.
He is not morally dissipated.
He is bold enough to focus on uncompleted projects rather than play to the gallery by starting news ones...

So I will retain my hopes.

I know humans can be fickle, so if his sins become disqualifying, I will speak out, but until then, I stand.

I will not make mountains out of mole hills. And I will not join the brigade of the nihilistic.

I don't need any lessons in critical analysis from those who think he is brain dead, who also declared him dead, two years ago and invented Jubril of Sudan.

I think I know enough of health and law to make the right call. I don't need charlatans and rabble rousers inviting me to their ungodly tutorials.

I am smart enough to know that the choice we have is not between black and white.

I have the mental rigor for subtle discriminations. So I don't need hewers of wood teaching me how to use needles and scapels.

I will criticize the President when it becomes necessary. I will not be goaded by the blind, to trash around in the darkness foisted on them by grief and bigotry.

Let those who think Atiku is not a Kleptocrat hold onto their beliefs. I consider Buhari, with all his imperfections, a better Presidential material than Atiku.

VOTE PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI FOR A BETTER NIGERIA!

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by richie240: 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
jlinkd78:
G

BOOMnaija:

Masun

Gbe body e
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by reuben79: 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
Why buhari cannot threaten bokoharam and bandit territories like dat,why buhari always ve interest in politics dan human life..am very very disappointed on dis man..see d way buhari was speaking today,he ws furious just cos of election infact
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by deboakins(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
snatch ballot box or disrupt elections and bear the consequences with your life, why some people are against PMB today is because they have planned to snatch blot box, but they will have themselves to blame. try and dare then you regrets your coming to this world. Nonsense
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by evictor305: 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
The president verdict on the subject matter might not be constitutional, but i want the writer of this and all those that support the writer to answer these few questions then I'm okay:
1. Is the nigeria constitution defective or not?
2. Does the constitution favour some sect. than the others or not?
3. What is the intention of a ballot box snatcher?
4. Give atleast one good reason for a well meaning citizen to snatch ballot box?
5. If you know you won't snatch or be a part to ballot box snatching, then why should you worry yourself?
Limitednow:

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/is-buharis-threat-to-ballot-box-snatchers-constitutional-find-out/
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by munas: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
AudiA4:
Nigerians and yeye constitution, people just quote the lopsided constitution when they want it to favour them,with the stupid constitution u quoted, if your own immediate family members are killed by ballot box snatchers and thug,will u be happy and take your fate if this aspect of the constitution is allowed to be the judgment on them?we all know we are in a country where people do not like playing by the rules,so anyone who goes snatching ballot boxes do so at the risk of his or her life

Just like most Buhari surpporters,you are a fool.A big fool.

If your anybody is killed by ballot box snatchers,the snatcher will be tried for murder.

So your silly argurement does not in any way surpport the extra judicial killings your tin god PMB is calling for

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by chubinwa(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
PDP trying so hard from time immemorial to malign the activities of the ruling party, but all to no avail. and I ask, is pmb's statement different from that of Uche secondus? of course NO. pmb is just trying to instigate fear on ppl who have rigging motives to enforce free and credible election
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by deboakins(m): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
why are they affraid? Do they have any sinister motives? to be forewarned it be forearmed, they can afford to try nonsense at their own perils rubbish.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Guestlander: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2019
kunmiiii:
I'm totally in support of it, snatch the ballot box and let Buhari make an example out of you! angry

And yes, we need a Tyrant to right all the wrongs of the morally depraved, Nigeria is really not a conventional society.

God bless you jare, I'm here trying to think if there's any other country on the planet where snatching of ballot boxes is acceptable.
If we demand the right thing from our leaders why must we break the law ourselves?
I say shoot the ballot box snatchers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Elvis295(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
If You Need A Male House Help In Port Harcourt Call 09065070111
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
pchukwudi:
smiley

Don't mind the sinking tyrant and his bunch of occult morons.

They are the ones twisting the word of the murderous tyrant to suit there murderous inclinations. Supporters of this idiocy are the reason there are large scale killings in the land on daily basis.

Nowhere did tyrant mention ARMED ballot snatching. But his hopeless supporters had to import that into the narrative just to satisfy their god's quest for innocent blood. Even armed robbers are not killed extra judicially except in cases of self-defense. It's folks like the tyrant supporters that lynch people on the street for stealing bread. No single value for human life.

The tyrant threatened POTENTIAL "ballot snatchers" with military extra judicial killings DURING AN ELECTION WEEK and they are here and there supporting it.

Shame on all of you, if you are one of those who support this madness.

The UK does not have a leader often labelled as a tyrant but if you go to a polling booth with firearms, shoot sporadically into the air to scare voters and then snatch ballot boxes, by Jupiter you will be gunned down by the first tactical response team to get there.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by franchasng: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
I kind of support the shoot at sight order of ballot box snatchers and election defrauders, but the issue is, just as biased as Buhari's anti corruption war has been which is just fight against opposition party and other tribes he does not like, this shoot at sight order will be mainly for PDP and other opposition parties.

So literately, Buhari is commanding Nigerian Police to shoot PDP party agents and supporters angry
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by wirinet(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
franchasng:
I kind of support the shoot at sight order of ballot box snatchers and election defrauders, but the issue is, just as biased as Buhari's anti corruption war has been which is just fight against opposition party and other tribes he does not like, this shoot at sight order will be mainly for PDP and other opposition parties.

So literately, Buhari is commanding Nigerian Police to shoot PDP party agents and supporters
angry

See confession
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by AlanSugar(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
yomi96:
i once worked as an adhoc staff of inec, they tell us including the security agents not to struggle, pursue or fight with anybody trying to steal the ballot box. Cause they automatically cancel the polling unit. So the police usual dont stop, leaves them.

Things and times have changed. There's a new sheriff in town, no time to waste canceling and resetting election for any snatched polling unit ballot box! Me lovey, we moving to next the levu! Pdp, be warned!
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by BiafraIsFree: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
This is one of the evidences that Fulani terrorist will not accept defeat.

But let the zoo politicians kill themselves. Iseeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Friend01(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
Limitednow:

Oga we are in a democratic setting. Tell Buhari to sign the amended electoral act into law first. There is no other way to thwart the will of the people other than refusing to sign that bill into law.

Don't support Illegality because it might one day hunt you down.

When you don't contextualise a persons statement you end up saying rubbish.

The president clearly said ballot box snatching and the use of thugs to jeopardize election process will mean the end of it all.
In other words, if you carefully exercise your franchise in a peaceful manner no problems, but if you choose the odeshi approach by stealing away people's right of franchise then you are as good as gone.
We shouldn't condone such daylight robbery in the name of following constitution.
law is made for man, not man for law.

To me, democracy does suit our kind of attitude.
I think we need an honest and sincere dictator to set us aright.

Many of us as fraudulent as we are, we always explore the technicalities in our constitution to get away with people's right; which shouldn't be so if we had a system that keep such dubious attitude in check .

I support this statement 110%.
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Topmaike007(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
Limitednow:

Oga we are in a democratic setting. Tell Buhari to sign the amended electoral act into law first. There is no other way to thwart the will of the people other than refusing to sign that bill into law.

Don't support Illegality because it might one day hunt you down.
I will only advice you to be an example by stealing or snatching a ballot box and let's see what will happen.............
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Topmaike007(m): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
Limitednow:

I want to ask, why didn't he give such orders to security agencies when herdsmen were having a field day slaughtering farmers?

Why didn't he unleash the IPOB treatment on killer herdsmen if he is truly out to sanitize the polity?
you just mentioned herdsmen,bro do you know that they're Iwo herdsmen from the west here and if such things should happen do you know how many innocent people will loose their lives,have you asked yourself same question why was massob not also decleared terrorist?
The answer is this "IPOB" are not taking the due process..
Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by pchukwudi: 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
Yea, smarty, but no UK leader would ever go on live TV to threaten the electorate with extra judicial killings few days to general elections (in the guise of deterring the electoral offenders.)

Two different things.

But why should I expect a backward barbaric fellow to understand the difference? undecided

1stCitizen:

The UK does not have a leader often labelled as a tyrant but if you go to a polling booth with firearms, shoot sporadically into the air to scare voters and then snatch ballot boxes, by Jupiter you will be gunned down by the first tactical response team to get there.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
pchukwudi:
smiley

Don't mind the sinking tyrant and his bunch of occult morons.

They are the ones twisting the word of the murderous tyrant to suit there murderous inclinations. Supporters of this idiocy are the reason there are large scale killings in the land on daily basis.

Nowhere did tyrant mention ARMED ballot snatching. But his hopeless supporters had to import that into the narrative just to satisfy their god's quest for innocent blood. Even armed robbers are not killed extra judicially except in cases of self-defense. It's folks like the tyrant supporters that lynch people on the street for stealing bread. No single value for human life.

The tyrant threatened POTENTIAL "ballot snatchers" with military extra judicial killings DURING AN ELECTION WEEK and they are here and there supporting it.

Shame on all of you, if you are one of those who support this madness.

Cho cho cho cho cho cho cho. Go and snatch the ballot box na and see if high velocity cylindrical bullets (2500 to 4500 km/hr) will not make way through your thick skull. Constitution indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by EngrSirwhite: 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
How about a situation whereby the police man or Army is the one snatching the ballot box, who will shoot them?

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out by Bobbysteps: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EU Condemns Katsina Gov Call For Opponents To Be Killed And Crushed. / Nigerian Military Arrests Aljazeera Journalists / Soludo’s Commissioner, Ngozi Chuma-Udeh To Job Seeker: You Are Stupid, Filthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.