Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,948 members, 7,879,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (890271 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Interesting discussion on eligibility earlier. Good points made. Hope to make a post on the process another day.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Congrats @QUTEE. All the best in the rest of your journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sinie: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Phaytie:
Pls, which body will give the ECA for optometrist. Medicine and pharmacy assessment is done by their repective councils in Canada.
And WES only evaluates degree as 4years bachelor degree, which it is not. So which body evaluates optometry degree as a masters degree equivalent, which it is.

Pls, I really need help and answers.
I was considering IQAS.

How come WES evaluated yours for 3yrs a friend of mine used WES and the result was 6 years.

CIC did not specify a body for optometrists like they did Med and Pharm, so I guess you can use any Evaluating body.

And don't listen to those saying its not a professional course because it is...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by samsonedos: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ramj:
WES moves from 20 days to 35 days for ECA completion

Hmmmmmmmm
Please, does this 35days start after verification email is sent from my university to WES or what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
samsonedos:

Please, does this 35days start after verification email is sent from my university to WES or what?

After verification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amaya21: 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
To those that got the Alberta invitation recently, my cousin also got one and we have a question. She would like to remove one of her job experiences from the Express Entry profile as she will have difficulty getting a reference letter. Her current job is over 3 years in an eligible NOC, and she will be able to get a reference letter for this job. She wants to know if removing the older job will negatively affect her invitation from Alberta.

Are people allowed to make changes after being invited, but before submission of documents is complete? Kindly assist if you have personal experience with this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
Pls who knows the process of getting transcript at Osun state college of technology esa oke? Or has a genuine contact?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please anyone with transcript contact for Federal Polytechnic Bauchi...please assist ..thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
It is clearly stated on IRCC's website that optometry is a professional degree and WES or whichever body you use evaluates it as such. Don't let bad belle people discourage you.

Phaytie:
Pls, which body will give the ECA for optometrist. Medicine and pharmacy assessment is done by their repective councils in Canada.
And WES only evaluates degree as 4years bachelor degree, which it is not. So which body evaluates optometry degree as a masters degree equivalent, which it is.

I was considering IQAS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Kindly share the link.
Daratun:
It is clearly stated on IRCC's website that optometry is a professional degree and WES or whichever body you use evaluates it as such. Don't let bad belle people discourage you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

I just screenshot this now. When you click the ‘?’ on review of eligibility, the message as seen the second picture pops out.

On my express entry account, presently, these are the steps before the final decision. It shows your eligibility and the documents you used to claim you are qualified for the EE are reviewed before you get biometrics. I think what delays people are the background checks (criminality and security). I think I’ll wait for let’s say 2 months(the time by which people usually have gotten biometrics request), and if I haven’t gotten biometrics request before then, then I’ll panic.

I will suggest you just raise a CSE and upload the ECA, whether or not your application has issues you will panic. I am not sure you want to add this anxiety to all the other emotions that you will be experiencing during the wait.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
mumayo:
you used ruler on phone. shocked
grin not quite. Took the pic with my phone, transferred it to my laptop and did the editing on paint.
So after I was satisfied with the size/quality, I placed the ruler against the laptop screen to get my dimensions and then cropped.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
jazzy:
Hi Guys. I m still all about waiting for WES, they are extremely slow these days,and its getting quite frustrating honestly. I call them literally every week especially since its well over a month they've received the verification email from my school and i keep getting the same responses - Give it time, they are evaluating. It has become so worrisome. but we wait. I will continue to hound them until i get my date of completion.

I am also writing IELTS again on the 6th, since my EOR came back unchanged (LSRW- 8.5,8,8.5, 6.5). This time i believe i m ready. Truthfully though, this exam is humbling. I used to raise shoulder because i had written Academics (which is harder by the way and scored LSRW 8.5,8,8,7.5 previously. Its amazing how things like this can bring one to ground Zero. I hope for the best. Have a good evening e-fam. #WeMove

Chai, see as writing spoil this perfect result. I have come to believe that this thing is not by power o. Pele dear.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
Teamo2:
Pls I need help/suggestion(s) on the following questions .

I’m currently studying outside the country and I am trying to gather my documents for FSW.
I served in Brass island, Bayelsa state as an Economics Secondary school Teacher (Community secondary school) back in 2011/2012 and I want to include my NYSC.

1) Regarding the reference letter, I tried contacting my AI and he told me since I was employed by the state, the school can’t issue the letter and it can only come from the secretariat. Begged him to help me make inquiries and he later reported that the secretariat is requesting that the recipient of the letter(I.e CIC) should write to them requesting for my details as a Corp member.
Sent him the link where all the documents required were stated but he’s not moved.
Now I don’t know what else to do and would love to include NYSC because that will increase my WE to 3yrs.

2) Just need clarification regarding this...for example, if I worked from October 1999 - September 2000. Does that count as one year or 11 months. LinkedIn states it as one year.

Why do people always make things hard in this country? And I was looking for someone who has tried getting reference from NYSC to know what the experience was like. It's like that's a dead end, and I was basking in false glory yesterday, @Topsmamen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dedalove: 12:05am On Mar 27, 2019
Hello house, please can a pregnant lady pass Medicals and do you have to provide a POF that will cover the unborn baby as part of the family? Please I really need some clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ligxy(f): 12:31am On Mar 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

You may have to open up to a few trusted family members.
In the meantime, both of you should start your ECA, since you have time, I recommend IQAS (it's the cheapest)
Then close to that October, you both should write exams
Okay. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by SIGAJ(m): 1:15am On Mar 27, 2019
09038858900 please add me to the group. Thanks

adenikeO:
It will give about 33 points. I haven't gotten my IELTS result yet so I can't give you information on my CRS now.

But assuming I max out IELTS, it will move from 416 to 449.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chayil18: 2:37am On Mar 27, 2019
Hello all,

Please can you assist with the steps to create a profile.

I have an account with CIC which i used for visitors visa, don't know how to proceed from there.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 2:40am On Mar 27, 2019
ENGRAGHA2:
is there anyone that has IELTS Liz paid videos on writing and is willing to share, kindly send to samsonaghanemuzor@gmail.com

Thanks to every helpful/ selfless I individuals on this platform.

I dont mind getting the Liz paid videos too. Toyinanalove@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Thetherapist: 3:34am On Mar 27, 2019
chicyclass:
That's what it is.
It is not listed as a professional degree.

@chicyclass it is and would be evaluated as such. PT's are just unfortunate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ghostgambler: 4:18am On Mar 27, 2019
Zutlin:
Please is there anyone who has a space to give out at either Qlife or IOM for this week?
I have been given PPR and Remeds. My PPR is for 15 days but I only have 10 days left. I've tried but can't seem to get a near date.

Alternatively, does anyone know a staff in either hospitals that can help?

The medicals is for just me.

I know I can ask for extension on my passport submission but I don't want to. After 9 months in the clutches of AVO plus an interview, God finally released me.
hi please could you tell me about your interview at AVO (ie what was the interviewer after with the questions and did you know what concerns the officer had before the interview through GCMS notes)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by missKeri(f): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2019
Phaytie:

I was considering IQAS.
I used WES and evaluation summary was 6 years of professional study in Optometry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by successhungry: 6:24am On Mar 27, 2019
Itzchord:
Thank you baba. The Q-life employees are too full of themselves.

I thought I was the only one who had this notion. Imagine me travelling all d way for 3hours;fine! I missed my appointment and was begging. Next thing was..madame,please where do you live? I thought she was being sensible/helpful and answered her. Response " when you live in Lagos, you leave your house 3/4am". I don't think someone ever "slapped" me that hard without a clap back. I hope she would have received sense before i go back for d slated appointment. Aijebe! Radarada!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 6:38am On Mar 27, 2019
Daratun:
Not quite. For instance, Law is a professional degree on IRCC's website but it is evaluated as a 4 year degree by WES but as a professional degree by IQAS. So really one has to weight one's options.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 6:39am On Mar 27, 2019
My own shows application received. They recieved on january. Mailed them and they said that have eecieved my documents and are processing. Intend to mail again on 1st. But this being checked by ICES is making me curious. Should i worry?

akintunde63:

They acknowledged receipt of mine on 5th Feb, since then it has been "being checked by ICES". I don't even know what they are checking, something that they should be able complete within a day. They wait is killing me, i check my ICES profile almost every other day, believing a miracle will happen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kogigallll: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2019
Hello good people,

Just for those who might be in need of this information.

Many people told me to use WES cos I wanted to evaluate a bsc direct entry... That no one had ever used ICES for that.

I wasn't about to delve into the waec wahala, so I just included my A level (ijmb) statement of result and my school included an LOE.

ICES has evaluated it positively in less 9 weeks...

It's good/safe to follow the crowd. But sometimes, a little daring action might just turn out pleasantly.

So I'm a first, at least we now know that ICES does evaluate favorably for direct entry graduates with a 3 year transcript.

Now, IELTS on my mind wink

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kogigallll: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2019
Hello good people,

Many people told me to use WES cos I wanted to evaluate a bsc direct entry... That no one had ever used ICES for that.

I wasn't about to delve into the WAEC wahala, so I just included my A level (ijmb) statement of result and my school included an LOE.

It's good/safe to follow the crowd. But sometimes, a little daring action might just turn out pleasantly.

So I'm a first, at least we now know that ICES does evaluate favorably for direct entry graduates with a 3 year transcript.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmaamaa: 7:22am On Mar 27, 2019
dedalove:
Hello house, please can a pregnant lady pass Medicals and do you have to provide a POF that will cover the unborn baby as part of the family? Please I really need some clarification.

Yes to your first question. I think second trimester pregnancy is fine. I don't think the give X-ray for 1st trimester pregnancy though.

No to your second question. If your due date is close shaa you have to plan for that cos once the baby is born, POF will be required.

Other NLs please weigh in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2019
dedalove:
Yes you will pass medicals, pregnancy is not a disease
No you don't need to provide POF for the unborn child

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2019
Kogigallll:
Hello good people,

I wasn't about to delve into the WAEC wahala, so I just included my A level (ijmb) statement of result and my school included an LOE.

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2019
joo2018:
Interesting discussion on eligibility earlier. Good points made. Hope to make a post on the process another day.

So many selfless people on here, I hope I learn and succeed in this process, enough to guide others soon enough.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nasachuky(f): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2019
Please can I get reference letter from my previous employer before ITA? I worked with the state government agency for 3yrs and salary was not consistent, when paid it was always in cash and some months are still owed till date. Please what are they necessary documents I need to get from them or provide when I get ITA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (503)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.