Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,257 members, 7,967,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 12:18 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (208373 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
amanda2013: Its jst so obvious that HBD is anti-catholic.

Now where did you come from? grin

Please allow Italo and Sync handle this.

Where is Uben when you need him? cry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by italo: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Since HBG is being anti-Catholic I think a possible solution to this would be to direct your complaints to Ajibam and Obadiah instead.

Okay o.

@ Ajibam & Obadiah,

Could you please explain to me why I was banned by the anti-Catholic humbledbygrace for "insulting other members" but she wont do anything about other members insulting me and my fellow Catholics?

Thank you.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Okay o.

@ Ajibam & Obadiah,

Could you please explain to me why I was banned by the anti-Catholic humbledbygrace for "insulting other members" but she wont do anything about other members insulting me and my fellow Catholics?

Thank you.

LWKMD!!!

Italo u no go kee me o.

That's not exactly what I had in mind. I meant matters unrelated to HBG.

If you have any beef that relates to Catholicism without pitching one mod against another, then I think you might get a favourable hearing.

I expect Obadiah and Ajibam to stand by HBG. Mods should stick together. It's the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by italo: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Enigma:

AFAIK she has already addressed your concern about your ban.

Complaining about something that you do as well and of which you do even worse IS hypocrisy. wink

Simples. smiley

You still dont get it...or perhaps dont want to get it.

My complaint isnt: I was insulted. Ban the culprit.

My complaint is: Apply the rules to everyone. And even if I do it again...ban me again (if that is the rule).

That isnt hypocrisy, is it?

I sincerely pray that you can understand it now.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by italo: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
striktlymi:

LWKMD!!!

Italo u no go kee me o.

That's not exactly what I had in mind. I meant matters unrelated to HBG.

If you have any beef that relates to Catholicism without pitching one mod against another, then I think you might get a favourable hearing.

I expect Obadiah and Ajibam to stand by HBG. Mods should stick together. It's the right thing to do.

Lol...

My brother, the thing tire me.

These are the same people that will curse the government officials of being corrupt and unfair.

Ordinary moderator job, see as dem dey discriminate openly.

...without shame.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^^ Your complaint is your complaint.

Your actions are still hypocritical! wink

Simples. smiley

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Pygru: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Smh!
This Rcc people angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

You still dont get it...or perhaps dont want to get it.

My complaint isnt: I was insulted. Ban the culprit.

My complaint is: Apply the rules to everyone. And even if I do it again...ban me again (if that is the rule).

That isnt hypocrisy, is it?

I sincerely pray that you can understand it now.

OK because you do not "get it" which is why you are "praying" that I should "get it", let me help you open your eyes.

Supposing henceforth, she chooses not to ban anyone for such things --- would you then say she is "unfair" etc?

EDIT ---- suppose she has gained experience and learned from banning you and chooses to adopt a different approach henceforth, would you say she is "unfair" etc?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Lol...

These are the same people that will curse the government officials of being corrupt and unfair.

...without shame.

I am also as foncused as you are.

Let's try and wipe the slate clean.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pygru: Smh!
This Rcc people angry

Even before this, they essentially threatened the owner saying they are more in numbers than everyone else etc etc. Honestly, I am not being rude but being factual when I say that they are hypocrites.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by obialfa: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: your thread about Jesus leanage being harlots. Now m gonna ban this your alter ego.

where was the false information in that thread? I can see that you have deleted that thread which showed a disturbing truth to you people. Tell me the false information. Define harlot. All those women slept with men that were not their husbands. I provided biblical references. If my information was false, then the bible is false.

Show which part of the bible I quoted was false or hide your head in shame. Christian.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by obialfa: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Did the bible not call Rahab a harlot? Did the bible not say that Rahab was one of the ancestors of Jesus? Why ban me for repeating the bible? Is your bible false?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by amanda2013(f): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Now where did you come from? grin

Please allow Italo and Sync handle this.

Where is Uben when you need him? cry
so am nt supposed to speak my mind here ryt? Dnt start pls
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Lol...

...without shame.

My bro, the thing tire me.. and the sycophants..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by italo: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Your complaint is your complaint.

Your actions are still hypocritical! wink

Simples. smiley
Enigma:

OK because you do not "get it" which is why you are "praying" that I should "get it", let me help you open your eyes.

Supposing henceforth, she chooses not to ban anyone for such things --- would you then say she is "unfair" etc?

EDIT ---- suppose she has gained experience and learned from banning you and chooses to adopt a different approach henceforth, would you say she is "unfair" etc?

No. In that case, the fair thing to do would be for her to communicate that. It would then be taken that she made a mistake. Her current defiant disposition suggests that she did all she did deliberately.

Is this also hypocritical?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
@HBG. An advice for you. Stop replying whatever is not a complaint. Else, you will be creating room for controversy. I think you should rewind to see how Jesoul handled this place.
A very Happy Sunday to everyone.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Reyginus: @HBG. An advice for you. Stop replying whatever is not a complaint. Else, you will be creating room for controversy. I think you should rewind to see how Jesoul handled this place.
A very Happy Sunday to everyone.

A better advice for her would be to resign as mod. She's unfit for this job and she isn't going to change anytime soon. Personally, I don't think it's fair to keep reminding her of how JeSoul addressed and handled issues. HBG can not be JeSoul... HBG has to work on herself... maybe in a less controversial section.. not this one...

But there's something about pride and hope... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

No. In that case, the fair thing to do would be for her to communicate that. It would then be taken that she made a mistake. Her current defiant disposition suggests that she did all she did deliberately.

Italo, according to you m supposed to show you here that I dealt with the matter your crying fowl for?

You need to check your facts before throwing insults.

Now, I replied you, if you continue with this chitchat I am going to hide your posts and ban you
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
amanda2013: so am nt supposed to speak my mind here ryt? Dnt start pls

Sorry about that but I believe you mistake my intent.

By all means speak your mind. It's 'better out than in'.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Did you give her a chance ---- even solely on the basis of today's events?

Have your colleagues ever truly given her a chance? wink

Do Moderators elsewhere make mistakes or not? smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Italo, according to you m supposed to show you here that I dealt with the matter your crying fowl for?

Now, I replied you, if you continue with this chitchat I am going to hide your posts and ban you

Lol. If he continues to complain about your behavior, you will ban him? grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
ok so there was a discussion with the ogapatapata yesterday about getting people to stop using this section for chitchat and we should tell the people to return to the chat boxes. i believe my response was

'its just that the chat threads are segregated into christian and non-christian. i think thats why they are avoided. people want to chat and mingle with each other irrespective of religious allegiance but talk about varied religious topics and hence why this thread is favored. are you sure you want us to go ahead with this ? because the numbers of members are dwindling because they feel things are becoming stringent. you dont want us to give the HIGHLIGHT COMPLAINTS IN RED a few more tries before ordering members to stop chatting in a thread they are used to meeting and hanging out with each other and discussing various religious topics in ?'

so while you may still chat with each other in this thread we need you to do us a favor by making your complaints stand out from the chit chat. REGISTER YOUR COMPLAINTS IN RED

6 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Italo, according to you m supposed to show you here that I dealt with the matter your crying fowl for?

Careful
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2013

My dear sis

Many people appreciate that you guys are new and trying your best and a lot of us (if not indeed most of us) are willing you guys to get better and better and to be successful. In other words we have good will and good faith towards you.

Do your best and even if you get removed, you can then hold your head high --- knowing that such a thing will not prevent you from getting on in life and achieving your more important goals.

Re the bolded: I think more warnings and cautions are helpful; perhaps be slower with bans and threats of bans. But I have to say that of course I do not know all the rules, principles and instructions that you have to operate by. Thus if those necessitate you to hide posts, threaten a ban or indeed ban, then just do what you have to do.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

A better advice for her would be to resign as mod. She's unfit for this job and she isn't going to change anytime soon. Personally, I don't think it's fair to keep reminding her of how JeSoul addressed and handled issues. HBG can not be JeSoul... HBG has to work on herself... maybe in a less controversial section.. not this one...

I'm not asking her to be Jesoul, but to learn from her.
Resign for what? Because some elements have decided to make the job miserable for her? No. I think she shouldn't resign. Some people here have to grow up and she on her part, needs an upgrade too. She's too emotional.

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Pygru: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

smh undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
obadiah777: ok so there was a discussion with the ogapatapata yesterday about getting people to stop using this section for chitchat and we should tell the people to return to the chat boxes. i believe my response was

'its just that the chat threads are segregated into christian and non-christian. i think thats why they are avoided. people want to chat and mingle with each other irrespective of religious allegiance but talk about varied religious topics and hence why this thread is favored. are you sure you want us to go ahead with this ? because the numbers of members are dwindling because they feel things are becoming stringent. you dont want us to give the HIGHLIGHT COMPLAINTS IN RED a few more tries before ordering members to stop chatting in a thread they are used to meeting and hanging out with each other and discussing various religious topics in ?'

so while you may still chat with each other in this thread we need you to do us a favor by making your complaints stand out from the chit chat. REGISTER YOUR COMPLAINTS IN RED

What's the conclusion?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ajibam bans Muskeeto for 'insulting a nairalander'..

Muskeeto asks for evidence, and explains 'mad' also means 'angry'...

Ajibam and Obinoscopy decide that they'd rather swallow hot eba than swallow their pride..

And the trend continues...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
Madam, calm down. It is not like that.
So long the laws are intact, threatening anybody with a ban is equivalent to breaking it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
This section is slowly turning into Bedlam undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Enigma:

My dear sis

Many people appreciate that you guys are new and trying your best and a lot of us (if not indeed most of us) are willing you guys to get better and better and to be successful. In other words we have good will and good faith towards you.

Do your best and even if you get removed, you can then hold your head high --- knowing that such a thing will not prevent you from getting on in life and achieving your more important goals.

Re the bolded: I think more warnings and cautions are helpful; perhaps be slower with bans and threats of bans. But I have to say that of course I do not know all the rules, principles and instructions that you have to operate by. Thus if those necessitate you to hide posts, threaten a ban or indeed ban, then just do what you have to do.

smiley

This is the Enigma I used to know. I hope he is back.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
I try to be fair generally but .......... let's just say some (kinds of) things provoke me into all these ruckus! sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (296)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.