Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,957 members, 7,987,421 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:10 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (209692 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Threads that make front page generally get derailed and focus is lost. I think more enlightenment can be communicated with less people posting to derail the topic if left in individual sections.

good point !
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Threads that make front page generally get derailed and focus is lost. I think more enlightenment can be communicated with less people posting to derail the topic if left in individual sections.
frosbel: Seun, Jesoul and Manmuswac , when will one of these Trinity threads make the front page, does not have to be mine, it does need some serious attention undecided
Perfect answer from Kunle. Having a thread on the homepage only guarantees quantity - not quality, and this is honestly one reason I don't recommend certain threads (some still make it on there anyways if Seun or Muki pick it).

And Muskeeto is also right. The admin is trying to give all the sections equal visibility on the homepage. But I don't think any particular person/pastor is 'protected' at all, at least I haven't seen anything that suggests bias.

@all, feel free to suggest/post any threads to us here that you'd like to see on the HP.

Cheers friends smiley.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Frosbel,
please post the link to whichever thread you want to suggest for the HP here...there are a lot both pro and against.

Muskeeto, I'll suggest your topics.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: @Frosbel,
please post the link to whichever thread you want to suggest for the HP here...there are a lot both pro and against.

Muskeeto, I'll suggest your topics.
Thanks... grin
[s]ps:can I get an id change? its becoming too easy for people to taunt me grin[/s]
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: @Frosbel,

Thanks Jesoul.

Is Jesus GOD will make for a good discussion - https://www.nairaland.com/1059664/jesus-god-logical-questions-need

or

Truth about the Trinity - https://www.nairaland.com/1061691/truth-holy-trinity
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
Please, why was my thread moved to the general section when it is about the religion/islam section?

https://www.nairaland.com/1064535/what-really-happens-islam-religion
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/840165_ragecomic_NL_png62abca8b618a4e33a26c43e0ced4f83f This should be posted here. The guy has suffered some injustice sad sad sad angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
toba:
This should be posted here. The guy has suffered some injustice sad sad sad angry angry angry angry

Toba, you too much
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/351515/moderators-rename-religion-section-bash this thread shows how tolerant Jesoul is. I dont think she bans anyone for attacking christianity

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
frosbel:

Thanks Jesoul.

Is Jesus GOD will make for a good discussion - https://www.nairaland.com/1059664/jesus-god-logical-questions-need

or

Truth about the Trinity - https://www.nairaland.com/1061691/truth-holy-trinity

Ok. Are there any better ones? the OP's are quite verbose and don't quickly catch attention/get to the point in a concise manner. Good candidates for HP topics are better when they're concise.

musKeeto:
Thanks... grin
[s]ps:can I get an id change? its becoming too easy for people to taunt me grin[/s]
U welcome. As for name change, only Seun can do that. I'm aware of only one time he agreed to change someone's ID. Taunting means they love you btw smiley.

MacDaddy01: Please, why was my thread moved to the general section when it is about the religion/islam section?

https://www.nairaland.com/1064535/what-really-happens-islam-religion

Your thread (funny as it was) belongs in the Nairaland section logicboy.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
toba: https://www.nairaland.com/351515/moderators-rename-religion-section-bash this thread shows how tolerant Jesoul is. I dont think she bans anyone for attacking christianity
Lol. Toba why digging up the past now? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. Toba why digging up the past now? cheesy
Yes. we just must show them that he that lives in us has taught us to be tolerant and not to fight for him
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: Ok. Are there any better ones? the OP's are quite verbose and don't quickly catch attention/get to the point in a concise manner. Good candidates for HP topics are better when they're concise.

U welcome. As for name change, only Seun can do that. I'm aware of only one time he agreed to change someone's ID. Taunting means they love you btw smiley.

Your thread (funny as it was) belongs in the Nairaland section logicboy.

No probs
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: Ok. Are there any better ones? the OP's are quite verbose and don't quickly catch attention/get to the point in a concise manner. Good candidates for HP topics are better when they're concise.

Okay Jesoul , try this one , just created it https://www.nairaland.com/1064710/god-trinity-dilemma#12414107.

Quite concise and to the point.

No more Trinity Threads, it's driving me insane grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ptolomeus(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dear JeSoul:
I greeted him warmly.
I have observed that they have closed the thread "Can Someone Please Explain Why The Islamic God Has Allowed This?" Because a participant called it offensive.
1. I do not think that all Islamic issues to be sent to the Islamic Forum. In fact, I respect Islam but I am not Muslim, and I think I should not post there (so yes, it would be offensive).
2. The thread points just to make everyone think that a god is not responsible for everything that happens. The same situation could arise for Christians, for Jews, and for traditionalists. Or not?

With all due respect, I do not understand the susceptibility of Manmunstwac then, the PM, and all the mysteries surrounding the closure of the thread.
Honestly, I have read threads relating to Christians, Catholics and traditionalists, with much venom, but have not had the same treatment from moderation.
My intention was not to offend, and if I offended, my apologies received.
But I would like to express my disagreement and my displeasure with the way that, without any explanation, the thread was closed.
I have read comments about the alleged bias of JeSoul, but I always thought it was some domestic strife.
I reiterate that the decision has astonished me.
Anyway, I hope this has been anecdotal.
Please accept my cordial greetings and affection.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
frosbel:

Okay Jesoul , try this one , just created it https://www.nairaland.com/1064710/god-trinity-dilemma#12414107.

Quite concise and to the point.

No more Trinity Threads, it's driving me insane grin
Ok thanks.

Ptolomeus: Dear JeSoul:
I greeted him warmly.
I have observed that they have closed the thread "Can Someone Please Explain Why The Islamic God Has Allowed This?" Because a participant called it offensive.
1. I do not think that all Islamic issues to be sent to the Islamic Forum. In fact, I respect Islam but I am not Muslim, and I think I should not post there (so yes, it would be offensive).
2. The thread points just to make everyone think that a god is not responsible for everything that happens. The same situation could arise for Christians, for Jews, and for traditionalists. Or not?

With all due respect, I do not understand the susceptibility of Manmunstwac then, the PM, and all the mysteries surrounding the closure of the thread.
Honestly, I have read threads relating to Christians, Catholics and traditionalists, with much venom, but have not had the same treatment from moderation.
My intention was not to offend, and if I offended, my apologies received.
But I would like to express my disagreement and my displeasure with the way that, without any explanation, the thread was closed.
I have read comments about the alleged bias of JeSoul, but I always thought it was some domestic strife.
I reiterate that the decision has astonished me.
Anyway, I hope this has been anecdotal.
Please accept my cordial greetings and affection.
Hi Ptolomeus, sorry if the info posted on your thread didn't adequately explain why it was closed, my bad, apologies on that.

As MMW noted, the topic 1-belonged in the islam section and 2-contained images that don't fit with NL rules. Furthermore, it is Seun's (the admin/owner) rules that we move ALL islam/muslim related threads to the next section. You can feel free to open another thread, this time leave out any provocative images, but it should be opened in the islam section. MMW & myself are not muslims, there's no reason for us to be 'biased' in that regard smiley. Cheers brother.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ptolomeus(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
JeSoul: Ok thanks.

Hi Ptolomeus, sorry if the info posted on your thread didn't adequately explain why it was closed, my bad, apologies on that.

As MMW noted, the topic 1-belonged in the islam section and 2-contained images that don't fit with NL rules. Furthermore, it is Seun's (the admin/owner) rules that we move ALL islam/muslim related threads to the next section. You can feel free to open another thread, this time leave out any provocative images, but it should be opened in the islam section. MMW & myself are not muslims, there's no reason for us to be 'biased' in that regard smiley. Cheers brother.
Correct.

I obtained the images of open pages of Internet.
My apologies if the photos were offensive, that was not my intention.
Dear JeSoul, I send a warm embrace, mind you with all my respect.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2012
Trololololo.

Let's see what happens now.

-Some months ago, my thread (Difficult issues in islam https://www.nairaland.com/1024221/difficult-issues-islam) was moved to the "Diaries" section in an abuse of power by Maclatunji. Everybody kept quiet

-Yesterday, the mod of the Diaries section (Tgirl) asked me where I want my thread to be moved
-I said the muslim section. She kept quiet, then said no. Then, I said the religion section
-She moved the thread to the religion section
-On the religion section, ManMustWacc and Jesoul have been ruthlessly moving islamic threads to the islam section.
-There is silence on my thread still being on the religion section when MMW and Jesoul have been throwing such threads to the islam section.

Soon, I am going to be banned for Just being Macdaddy aka logicboy

trololololololo

"dont worry be happy" smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2012
Since your banned from the islamic section MacDaddy01 what it means is that you have been banned from making Islamic threads because any thread that u make is supposed to go to the Islamic section. I do try to turn a blind eye to your Islamic threads out of sympathy but if JeSoul decides to move it to the Islamic section there's nothing I can do. Try directing your topics about Islam to a Christian audience then you'll most likely be okay.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2012
manmustwac: Since your banned from the islamic section MacDaddy01 what it means is that you have been banned from making Islamic threads because any thread that u make is supposed to go to the Islamic section. I do try to turn a blind eye to your Islamic threads out of sympathy but if JeSoul decides to move it to the Islamic section there's nothing I can do. Try directing your topics about Islam to a Christian audience then you'll most likely be okay.

As expected. Using every excuse in the book to dodge!

I made that thread months ago when I was not banned.

Follow the rules and put the thread where it supposed to be. Simple.

grin grin

have fun!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
MacDaddy01:

As expected. Using every excuse in the book to dodge!

I made that thread months ago when I was not banned.

Follow the rules and put the thread where it supposed to be. Simple.

grin grin

have fun!
I did ask Maclatunji why he moved that topic to the diary section in another topic in another section of nairaland called Moderators (which is not visible to normal members) but he refused to answer me.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
manmustwac: I did ask Maclatunji why he moved that topic to the diary section in another topic in another section of nairaland called Moderators (which is not visible to normal members) but he refused to answer me.

Gaddem! I am dying of laughter!

Maclatunjis dictatorship knows no bounds.

Sheik Maclatunji!! I hail!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
please dont close this thread....It's my present to Frosbel

https://www.nairaland.com/1065437/why-hate-frosbel
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Thanks... grin
as long as you will let us know it is your new id no wahala.
Lol.
How did you arrived at being the laughing stock?

However, you can always get your wishes here, at least the mods are kind hearted.

Guy, take note, we will always know who is behind the smokscreen like Obediah77 alias Buzugee.
Ciao.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:
as long as you will let us know it is your new id no wahala.
Lol.
How did you arrived at being the laughing stock?

However, you can always get your wishes here, at least the mods are kind hearted.

Guy, take note, we will always know who is behind the smokscreen like Obediah77 alias Buzugee.
Ciao.
U sure.. i've been using another id for a while now. grin maybe?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
U sure.. i've been using another id for a while now. grin maybe?
hmmm!
maybe you changed your approach while using that id.

Note, there is something special about ones original id, the new one may not attract much interest like the old one does because of the history attached to the old one.
Edited.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
MacDaddy01: Trololololo.

Let's see what happens now.

-Some months ago, my thread (Difficult issues in islam https://www.nairaland.com/1024221/difficult-issues-islam) was moved to the "Diaries" section in an abuse of power by Maclatunji. Everybody kept quiet

-Yesterday, the mod of the Diaries section (Tgirl) asked me where I want my thread to be moved
-I said the muslim section. She kept quiet, then said no. Then, I said the religion section
-She moved the thread to the religion section
-On the religion section, ManMustWacc and Jesoul have been ruthlessly moving islamic threads to the islam section.
-There is silence on my thread still being on the religion section when MMW and Jesoul have been throwing such threads to the islam section.

Soon, I am going to be banned for Just being Macdaddy aka logicboy

trololololololo

"dont worry be happy" smiley
As I say to everyone else as there are no sacred cows or posters in this section, islam/muslim topics belong next door. If its still here, its because it was missed.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Correct.

I obtained the images of open pages of Internet.
My apologies if the photos were offensive, that was not my intention.
Dear JeSoul, I send a warm embrace, mind you with all my respect.
You're welcome my friend smiley. Godbless.

MacDaddy01: please dont close this thread....It's my present to Frosbel

https://www.nairaland.com/1065437/why-hate-frosbel
So it should be left open because its meant to be "funny"? remember the thread Buzugee opened on you? why didn't you see the sense of humor in that one? Your choice of words esp in the title is against the rules so I'm locking it. If Frosbel comes along and says he doesn't mind then I'll reopen it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
JeSoul: You're welcome my friend smiley. Godbless.

So it should be left open because its meant to be "funny"? remember the thread Buzugee opened on you? why didn't you see the sense of humor in that one? Your choice of words esp in the title is against the rules so I'm locking it. If Frosbel comes along and says he doesn't mind then I'll reopen it. Cheers.

good one girl.
Judgement at its best.

Where is Frosbel the masaiah? grin

good one girl.
Judgement at its best.

Where is Frosbel the masaiah?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:
hmmm!
maybe you changed your approach while using that id.

Note, there is something special about ones original id, the new one may not attract much interest like the old one does because of the history attached to the old one.
Edited.
Lol, approach?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2012

Thanks , Logicboy will grow up one day, he is still a young lad grin

Oh btw, when will my Trinity article make the front page.

Cheers !
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MacDaddy01: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2012

I was making fun of myself not Frosbel.....I ended being a depressed drunk in the cartoon.

Gaddem, you NL christians are really uptight. Gaddem

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (296)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.