Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,819 members, 7,976,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:44 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (73400 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Mobinga: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Dayo,

What do you expect from Debo?

If Arsenal had chance to sign Messi today, would he still be typing that Walcott should rather be given a chance because THE MAIN PRIORITY IS DEFENCE? Can you see the stupidity of his argument?

Instead of the charlatan to admit that he doesn't know Lukaku from Adam and had mistakenly underestimated the boy, he is here waffling and typing all sorts of ballacks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime, dayo thanks for the advise. Now piss off.
@debo, in simple terms, lukaku is quite a fantastic footballer for his age.
Funnily in my original post, I initially pointed out that we had more pressing issues. But then I thot, that's not the point of my post jare.
I've seen that kid, no be lie, he's good. But at 12m. . . .agree, not wengerlike at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

@ Dayo,

What do you expect from Debo?

If Arsenal had chance to sign Messi today, would he still be typing that Walcott should rather be given a chance because THE MAIN PRIORITY IS DEFENCE? Can you see the stupidity of his argument?

Instead of the charlatan to admit that he doesn't know Lukaku from Adam and had mistakenly underestimated the boy, he is here waffling and typing all sorts of ballacks.

You are a consummate dimwit. . . .only a retard like yourself will liken signing an essentially unproven talent playing in a smaller league to a player who has won virtually every laurel in club football.

Lukaku for all his potential is unproven in the big leagues - first point

Arsenal's problem is NOT a lack of strikers, especially 'young ones' - second point

Arsenal has MORE pressing problems in defence that have worsened over the last two seasons - third point

Conclusion : common sense (something that evades Ibime) dictates that you solve your pressing problems first before taking flights of fancy on unproven players, who may be 'great' in the future, but do nothing to help your current situation, especially on the back of 5 fallow seasons.

Chelski buying Lukaku is a different prospect - they have a settled back line that can last for another 3 years at least, they have midfielders like Essien right in their prime and can afford to bring someone in to understudy DD, not to mention they are coming off a rich harvest from the previous season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
There's nothing wrong in signing Lukaku as long as AW and his mentees don't come singing to us that they didn't sign a defender because there's no money.

I like the Lukaku signing (if it happens) simple because it will mean the guy won't be going to Chelsea or ManU. The moment DD retires from football or moves to another league, I don't want another striker terrorizing our defence. grin grin grin

IMO, though Ive not seen much of Lukaku, I think JET will turn out a far better player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
Only a punk like Debo would be questioning Lukakus credentials in this day and age. I blame the proliferation of ice hockey coverage on Canadian TV for this glaring oversight.

Find me a boy that can cop 206 goals in one season playing against niggas 4 years older than him in Belgian academy leagues, a boy that was topscorer in Belgian league at age 16, a boy that performed exceptionally in Europa League last season, and is currently top scorer in UCL, a 17 year old boy who is already a mainstay of his National side - and yet some nincompoops are questioning his credentials.

My only advice to Lukaku is to come to a club that will utilise his power, pace and preciseness, not wonkers who flaff around trying to put 100 passes together before attempting a shot on goal.

The day Lukaku signs for Arsenal is the day RVP and Chamakh will hand in transfer request "in furtherance of their desire to play more first team football".

Quote me binshes!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
grin grin grin

Lukaku is the best thing since minced suya or chicken tikka. I agree.

PS - the crux of the argument is NOT the ability of Lukaku as such; the pertinent concern should be what will provide the greatest incremental improvement to the Arsenal side. In my estimation, a goal keeper would do far more for our title prospects than any striker would.

Focusing on anything else will simply be a continuation of the same - failing to fix your obvious errors and thus not improving.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Even though I'm late on this. . . .get well soon moderavizzle smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
Well in principle I agree with you. But that doesn't necessitate dismissing any form of contribution he might add outrightly.

Moreovr I'm sure this would have been pointed out in the myriad your debate with dudu, notwithstanding current financial health. The signing of 'potential' is not going to stop. We might as well start shifting focus to 'established potential' if you call it so. Remember all this started with 10 to 13 year olds.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
duduspace:

@Slim

It would be a great coup if we succeed, that boy must not go to Chelsea or else we'll have another Drogba to deal with for the next 10 years as the boy is just 17. I pray it is true o. But if he comes, [b]we will have to sell Bendtner [/b]I think.
None of the Arsenal youth blogs are running with the story yet though, but Arsenal is currently about the best club where a young player can get fasttracked and Arsene always personally assures the families and usually sticks to his promises so that might encourage his father to sanction the move now that he is close to 18.
Naah if anyone should go it should be Vuvuzela. I just don't know what is wrong with that kid! Any other manager woulda loaned the muchacho and i really wonder when he is going to start showing any form of consistency

Debosky is right jare! We score more than enough goals to get by, our problem is the DEFENCE!!! The team stinks at that aspect and to win titles you need to be good defensively and the level of competition around us just makes it more important. Drogba would not have been such a problem if we where not so crappy defensively! How often does he score against Man U,Man City,Villa et al. Lukaku ko LukuLuku bantashi ni
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
Debo would you shut your stinking gob grin

Assene wenGAY just bought two defenders, Whats the problem with your defence again?  grin grin grin

proudly9ja:

IMO, though Ive not seen much of Lukaku, I think JET will turn out a far better player.

Ignorance is bliss.

Abeg which kain of JET are you talking about, Is it Fighter Jets, Military Jets, or my schoolmate Sola o[size=18pt]JET[/size]unde

Comparing Lukuluku to o[b]JET[/b]unde? SMH
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
So wenger's about to make more money and bruise young hearts again. We know the story na, buy that kid for 'undisclosed' 12million and sell one of the 1st team strikers for more than 15million, making the whole gunnertown believe that the new kid is 2wice better than the now greedy striker to be sold. Account balanced. Super story
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
Wenger won't sign Lukaku. . . .I can bet hard cash on that. After chasing Chamakh for 2 years and signing him on a free he'll now go and spend 12m on Lukuluku? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
I trust arsenal fans now. You're calling him ugly names now. When wenger gets him now, we'll start hearing 'fine boy' lukafire and thunder. Shakara
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
Wengay the Miser wants to sign Lukaku? I Laff In Lapalapa!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
Image123:

I trust arsenal fans now. You're calling him ugly names now. When wenger gets him now, we'll start hearing 'fine boy' lukafire and thunder. Shakara

hehehehe. . . . .the day AW spends 12m on a 17 year old is the day I will send myself into the Chilean mine with mama gee for 68 days. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
I wonder what significant change Lukaku can bring to Arsenal when the obvious weakness lies with the shaky defence.

Wouldn't a Shay given for example be Wengay's priority right now than a lukaku
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Image123(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
Given will not bring/trigger financial profit. Given will never be worth a potential 30million in two years time or less. We're talking 'financial stability' hia. Can't you see that liverpool is in debt?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
Image123:

Given will not bring/trigger financial profit. Given will never be worth a potential 30million in two years time or less. We're talking 'financial stability' hia. Can't you see that liverpool is in debt?

what rubbish are you talking about.

How will Lukaku's acquisition trigger financial profit?

Arsenal has recorded financial profit in the last two years, enough profit that buying a solid GK to correct/improve the teams defensive frailties would not

leave the club in a poor financial condition and moreover, fixing your weaknesses will significantly increase the teams chances of winning trophies and

achieving better success on the pitch which ultimately translates into financial gain for the club abi no be so
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
jalether:

what rubbish are you talking about.

How will Lukaku's acquisition trigger financial profit?

Arsenal has recorded financial profit in the last two years, enough profit that buying a solid GK to correct/improve the teams defensive frailties would not

leave the club in a poor financial condition and moreover, fixing your weaknesses will significantly increase the teams chances of winning trophies and

achieving better success on the pitch which ultimately translates into financial gain for the club abi no be so
You've got to remember that you are dealing with a Gaynner here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Debo would you shut your stinking gob grin

Abeg which kain of JET are you talking about, Is it Fighter Jets, Military Jets, or my schoolmate Sola o[size=18pt]JET[/size]unde

Comparing Lukuluku to o[b]JET[/b]unde? SMH
Na oJETunde I dey talk, lool, trust me, Jay Emmanuel Thomas will be a big star. Can someone please do a backhround check on Lukaku? Where was he born and where did he spend his early years?

debosky:

hehehehe. . . . .the day AW spends 12m on a 17 year old is the day I will send myself into the Chilean mine with mama gee for 68 days. tongue
*cough*cough* Theo *cough*Walcott*cough*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

Na oJETunde I dey talk, lool, trust me, Jay Emmanuel Thomas will be a big star. Can someone please do a backhround check on Lukaku? Where was he born and where did he spend his early years?
You don't have to worry about him being an age cheat and what not. Dude was born in Belgium. His dad Roger(congolese) was playing profesional footy in Belgium at that time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:11am On Oct 13, 2010
@Debo

Any club who gets the go-ahead from Anderlecht to buy Lukaku for 12.5m will rush to the bank to go and pay the money before Anderlecht change their mind, if Bebe at 20 is worth 7.5m, I can assure you Lukaku at 18 for 12.5m is a steal. That boy will be comfortably worth at least 30m in 2 years time at the rate he is going. Arsenal have been monitoring him since he was 15 with Karembeu scouting him on a couple of occasions and even Jose is said to be tracking him.

If there is any truth in this story, we might only have been able to get him because those other clubs are stretched/distracted at present (RM have already bought Canales, Ozil and Khedira while Chelsea seem to be after Neymar). Manure don't seem to have a lot of money to burn these days and they are reported to be after Gareth Bale or maybe they are not after Lukaku because Rooney is still young and an English icon.

@A-40
The reason I think its Bendtner who will make way is because we will now have too many similar players (not that this has affected chelsea in any way) JET is still around in the big man mold and we've got Chamakh and RVP, I think B52 has the lowest upper limit of all those big men in terms of technique. But yu're right that Vela needs to get his acts together, I just hope he can learn something from that Hernandez boy at Manure on how to be efficient.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 2:12am On Oct 13, 2010
I agree with Dudu and Proudly9ja . . .I also agree with Debo and Ibime.

Lukaku and JET are 2 black players that will come good no doubt.

Debosky however is right that the GK position needs get prioritised.

who will be better ? who knows ?

Give me any of the 2 now and I will throw away any of Chamakh sue me!, Bendtner and Vela.

I wont mention RVP as that one na perennial INVALID grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2010
Dayo, remove that paedophile joke. I'm surprised no one here saw it fit to call him on it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2010
You no get eraser?

How many goals una useless players score last night?

FC Drogba
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Image123(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2010
chic2pimp:

You've got to remember that you are dealing with a Gaynner here.
Where were you when the literature teacher discussed IRONY?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2010
Some people amaze me . Strikers who can't score in league matches, for clubs that pay their wages, score on international games and all of a sudden they're the ish. What about Ivica ? So he's now less important to Van Gaal's squad cos he didn't score last night ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:41am On Oct 13, 2010
Dk, we all knw you are a senile old man. Who do you think you are fooling?

No be Munshit?! You for see their director dey cuss Klose mama when the guy dey chop world cup goals like amala.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2010
This thread is always amazing. . . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2010
Really. . .
I think the tabloids have realised that 'dem go sell more' by bringing out 'juicy' stories during the now,drab intl break.
(I saw Kevin Davies hurled in to come and save England last night shocked shocked shocked shocked)
One of them linked us to the Stoke's city reserve goalie. shocked shocked
We are not even talking about the Goalie's quality now, but . . . . .
Tony Pulis and AW won't even discuss selling their worst players to each other.

Thank God, it's all over. . . .
Back to proper footie this weekend
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
@slim note that dk is showing symptoms of the early stages of Alzheimers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022 / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.