Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,232 members, 7,887,631 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70963 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
Dayo and edoyad no no not in here.
take your wahala to bayern thread biko oh i beg angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2010
^^ Make me and you mate meet on Bayern bed Thread

Leave edoyad here to prey on chickenshrimp
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
Witnesses said that he fell from a great height. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2010
Ibime:

Witnesses said that he fell from a great height. . .

Great height of ecstasy you mean ko?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2010
^^ You know how e dey be when u dey blow kpoli
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2010
V3 take am easy bruv. Shey u been don shammanya ni?? Or you don dey on top that Mezebu levels??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
Guys have you heard of the horse placenta treatment ? Why don't we try the donkey placenta treatment on him ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2010
Moderavizzle haf fellin from a skyscraper?!! #wattapun?!!!
Vizzle get well soon eh. We need that strong arm steady soldier!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
Get well V3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2010
If V3 needs a bionic arm, i know a guy who knows a guy. . .

What's up wiv all these NL babes black and whiting their profile pics? Could they be trying to conceal their true wowority in order to mislead unsuspecting suitors?
@ritch
Dont put your anger at arsenal's awful performances on me o.

Where would you have me put IT? IN you? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
Heck.

GAYYners have an excuse to go trophyless again

V3 was injured!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2010
DK don come again. Get well v3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2010
Kpele, v3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Vieira(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2010
Pele V3.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2010
V3 Get well soon. We need u for the next home game to take care of dayo and his likes on our thread
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
olodo:

V3 Get well soon. We need u for the next home game to take care of dayo and his likes on our thread

So you are already envisaging another home loss and lots of ribbing?

The football club called Assanal is so pathetic, hopeless, useless that fans can even predict home losses for them ahead of the game.

Well I want to ask HOW MARKET for the return leg vs Chelsea next yr March cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
Get well soon V3 . . . we'll win the league for you.*Insert Ramsey/Eduardo/Birmingham joke from Dayokanu* cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2010
Sending Get well soon messages is all well and good however una nefa ask the most important question, wetin him dey find for untop man building? Abi Him be Viewer?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 6:45am On Oct 12, 2010
He was gathering chicken shrimp that was miraculously raining from the sky that day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Well I want to ask HOW MARKET for the return leg vs Chelsea next yr March cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I coulda sworn you have been corrected once before.
We'll play Chelsea at the Emirates on December 27, 2010

Get well soon V3

When you return, we'll get the full gist of what really happenned lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lalaboi(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2010
http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/from-a-gooner-to-god-2/link/54495/
Written by : armourysquare

Dear God,

Recently, some Man Utd fan took a dig at me after the game at the Bridge ” My heart goes out to all Arsenal Fans ( It’s not your fault if your first team makes a guest appearance every season !!!)”. In light of the this I figured I must write to you.

Well frankly, I have a favour to ask you. I am writing this letter to you to tell you something about the club I love – Arsenal. You see, in recent years, our title chase starts of at the beginning of the season with a bang. After a few games (which we win) we enter the 1st international break, and it is then that things start to take a dramatic turn. 1 of our top players get’s injured or rather 1 of our players who is playing at the top of their game gets injured, and we must make do with a back-up who is either not very good or simply not accustomed to that role.

Then in away games against physical teams like Blackburn, Sunderland, Stoke e.t.c when the opposing players give our players some hard bone-crunching tackles ( which if I may add are not ‘fouls’), our players get injured for a minimum of 6 weeks. As a matter of fact this practically screws up our title race ‘really badly’. Thus when we face top-teams like Chelsea, Barcelona e.t.c. we do not have our main players and subsequently when we get smashed, Gooners around the world feel really sad and get pissed off with our manager AW.

So, if you could spares some time out of your busy schedule, please do ensure that our players do not get injured, and even if they do they should come back by 2 weeks maximum. To be a top-player, you must also be injury-free. That is why players like Ronaldo and Messi are considered world-class. I heard once that Ronaldo was out for 3 weeks with some ankle injury but shockingly (though I was not) he came back within 1.

Now to make my point even more clear, just look at this situation :

Our current injury-list includes RVP, Tommy-V, Walcott, Aaron Ramsey, Sagna, Almunia, Frimpong & Diaby. Out of these guys at least 4 are in the starting 11 squad, so you see the problem ? Our players spend more time in the treatment room than in the dressing room, for crying out loud,

Now for us Gooners outside, this has become a routine thing every month. Last month it was Fabregas, and in August it was RVP, Tommy-V and Theo( 3 in 1 !) This month we have a new recruit Sagna. Now these players are extremely crucial to our title race, so if you could, please try and avoid them getting injured as I am tired of giving other team fans (when they beat us) the same excuse that our main players are injured, although it is the truth.

Now you may propose a simpler solution to buy some extra players, but there are reasons to refute that argument as well. Firstly, our manager is a miser and he will not spent unless we are in dire need of a player. This is because he follows the rule of “Players back from injury are like new signings.” Secondly, we cannot go on buying players as the new premier league rules specify we must have a 25 man squad. If we try to buy players whenever one is injured we may end up crossing 30! And lastly, it would not look nice that we are signing a player for a sole ”back-up” purpose….

So please do look into the matter when you have the time & I would be greatly obliged if you helped me out, as quite frankly there is no one else who I can turn too.

Thank You & Cheers

DKD

PS: If you could, add-on some wins against top-teams like Chelsea and Manchester United also,

***Thanks to guest writer Armourysquare for submitting this post. Please be aware these are the views of the author and not those of Football-Talk. if you would like to be a writer for the website please get in touch***

Share this article:

lol. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2010
HNIC:

I coulda sworn you have been corrected once before.
We'll play Chelsea at the Emirates on December 27, 2010

Get well soon V3

When you return, we'll get the full gist of what really happenned lipsrsealed

Ok I didnt know the humiliation would be twice in 4 months. Too bad.

That still cant take away from the question How "December 27 2010" Market
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2010
@hnic, cry that letter has got me sobbing. How many clubs have got fans praying for them cry *sniffle*

angry as for some other clubs , your fans reactions awaits you on your thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
Where is Dudu? I have jus read gossip about arsenal going for lukaku? I'm liking dat. I remember you sayin something abtd kid?

If we dey pray to God with letters so, Looserpool fans must want to buy warehouse to store their own prayers nah. *smh for dem*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2010
Chelsea won the league last season.

For a long while they had Essien injured, Drogba injured, Mikel and Kalou in Nations cup, Terry injured yet they won the league.

The injury excuse is a silly one pls.

Last February Chelsea beat Arsenal 2-0

Arsenal lined up 1 Manuel Almunia (G)
5 Thomas Vermaelen (CD-L)
10 William Gallas (CD-R)
22 Gaël Clichy (LB)
3 Bacary Sagna (RB)
17 Alex Song (CM)
2 Abou Diaby (LM)
4 Cesc Fábregas (RM)
8 Samir Nasri (F)
23 Andrei Arshavin (LF)
14 Theo Walcott (RF)

Now tell me who was missing? Van persie? Chelsea too missed Essien who is far more important to his club

Last january Arsenal lost 1-3 to Man Utd

Arsenal lined up  1 Manuel Almunia (G)
5 Thomas Vermaelen (CD-L)
10 William Gallas (CD-R)
22 Gaël Clichy (LB)
3 Bacary Sagna (RB)
17 Alex Song (CM)
4 Cesc Fábregas (LM)
15 Denilson (RM)
8 Samir Nasri (F)
23 Andrei Arshavin (LF)
7 Tomas Rosicky

While Man Utd had JS PArk, John Evans and Rafael in their starting 11 who are normally benchwarmers. So whats the excuse
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
slimshay:

Where is Dudu? I have jus read gossip about arsenal going for lukaku? I'm liking dat. I remember you sayin something abtd kid?

If we dey pray to God with letters so, Looserpool fans must want to buy warehouse to store their own prayers nah. *smh for dem*

Can you ppl just be realistic with yourself? Only hopeless players can come to Arsenal. Lukaku has a very bright future ahead of him and wont want to waste his life at Arsenal winning 0 trophies.

You better stick with your wankott and arseshaving
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Slim

It would be a great coup if we succeed, that boy must not go to Chelsea or else we'll have another Drogba to deal with for the next 10 years as the boy is just 17. I pray it is true o. But if he comes, we will have to sell Bendtner I think.
None of the Arsenal youth blogs are running with the story yet though, but Arsenal is currently about the best club where a young player can get fasttracked and Arsene always personally assures the families and usually sticks to his promises so that might encourage his father to sanction the move now that he is close to 18.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
return of the LANS

expecting after the interlull

Walcott
Bendtner
van Persie
Alminia
Cesc

We shall win the league [size=4pt]of going-back-and-forth[/size] Hurray!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2010
I am not interested in another 'young' prospect. . . .for goodness sake, why not fix our glaring defensive/goal keeping issues first? undecided

What is so special in this Lukaku that JET cannot achieve if given a chance for the next few seasons?

If I was on the board, I'd ban AW from making any signings till he resolves the goal keeping position first and foremost.

Getting another striker will be tantamount to repainting your car when your brakes are worn out. . . . .you'll end up crashing and ruining the new paint job anyways. We've seen that our defensive frailties will continue to be our downfall unless fixed, yet no sense of progress on that front.

PS - can the footie get back already. . . . . .enough of the tomfoolery.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
And Debosky puts his foot in his mouth again.

Who doesn't know that Lukaku is a beast already and already twice as prolific as guys old enough to be his father?

Even me sef, when I saw him linked with Arsenal, fear catch me cos I thought we already had him penned in as the only natural replacement for Drogba.

JET ko, JET ni!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

Who doesn't know that Lukaku is a beast already and already twice as prolific as guys old enough to be his father?

Even me sef, when I saw him linked with Arsenal, fear catch me cos I thought we already had him penned in as the only natural replacement for Drogba.

JET ko, JET ni!

Rubbish. . . .so getting another striker is the solution to Arsenal's problems? 

Wiltord was more prolific than DD was in France, did he replicate that form at Arsenal? Simplistic reductionist reasoning at its worst.

Let Lukaku score 100 goals if he wants to, if Arsenal fail to fix the defence, there will be no trophies.

We don't need another striker at the moment, so this will be another pointless flight of fancy. Whoever believes Wenger will sign Lukaku for 12.5m should go get his head examined.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ibime:

JET ko, JET ni!

You should be used to Arsenal fans by now

Question: What do you call an Arsenal fan with half a brain ??
Answer : Gifted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.