Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,498 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24630 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

grin grin Now, you see your folly? lool. . . .Well, I have 2 passports and i could still get 9jas own if i want but not now undecided grin

Next year, am gona marry my 9ja fiancee so that could make it easier as well. . . . was gona go 4 9jas one based on ma grandops. grin

^^if you like get 10 passports.

your criminality will rope you soon enough.

am i supposed to be impressed by the existence of a so-called naija fiancee?

and your naija grandpops didnt teach you the basics of manners?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bisiaet: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
please moderator, can we kindly kick these id.iots out of our forum for once, cos they are just ranting for nothing, always making un-intelligent posts,  making conclusion that all the armed robbers in ghana are nigerians without having enough evidence to back it up
,  you can imagine someone with four passports calling others rogues

Good talk S I L L Y A- S- S- H- O-L-E. Look guys I dont want to explode this forum at all if I do it may lead to street confrontation because I am fully loaded with facts as per this so called Ghanian. The foolish Abelan is talking about Nigeria has four passport pls as I am talking now I can name 7 I mean (7)Ghanians who are in possesion of more than four passpots I mean right now as I am talking I mean now I see them everyday we talk all the time infact we are friends so mr Abelan please and please all you ghanians pls leave this site with immediate effect orelse a Can full of worms will be release with full identity right now.

Pls I repeat again can someone tell this gufamao people called Ghanian to exit this site for God sake please is it by force? we dont want you in this house any longer please open your own site or please get www.cediSland and leave nairaland alone for now ok
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2010
I want @Abrantie to tell us how he got U.S./Canada citizenship? I'm really interested because this would tell me what his integrity is all about; same thing he accuses Nigeria about. I mean which one did he get first since he is a Ghanaian by birth, so we know that, but dual afterwards, I'm about to do some analysis on him.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
Can i direct Africason,Abrantie and other Ghana apologists to this Ghanaian web  forum .The same topic is on there and they are writing all sorts of drivel and hate-speech.You guys can go join them there and leave us to discuss in our own way here on nairaland.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2010
manny4life:

I want @Abrantie to tell us how he got U.S./Canada citizenship? I'm really interested because this would tell me what his integrity is all about; same thing he accuses Nigeria about.

Are you sure that the Mumu is even aware of what being a citizen means? He thinks watching American, Canadian and Nollywood movies makes one a citizen of those countries. I bet he will soon become an Indian after watching the slumdog millionaire. Ewu like him.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2010
manny4life:

Hmm here yourself speak, let me analyze for you how dual citizenship work.

First off as a Ghanaian, you traveled down to states/Canada with your passport not with some flimsy paper meaning that you're and immigrant and by clearing your passport through customs, it means your and immigrant, a citizen of Ghana, so you analysis is flawed and wrong. If he was a Ghanaian citizen by birth, and if U.S. and Canada don't support dual citizenship, how in the world would he had had both. In other words, he was and is a Ghanaian citizen by birth, something he cannot deny at least prior to getting the other two. So get your fact straight. In addition, from all clear indication, does seem like you the one who need the analytical thinking, I mean don't you think?

Loool. . . exactly my point! So how could he be described as a fraud?! Ghana allows dual nationality US and Canada recognizes that it exist and thus he could well be carrying a maximum of 3 passports. He could forfeit that of Ghana's  thus possessing only 2. What i wanted to clarify was that the guy could legally be carrying a maximum of 3 passports cos being a permanent resident in auzzie doesnt entitle him to their passports. Hence the accussations being bundled around that he is carrying 4 passports are wrong.

Simples! wink
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

^^if you like get 10 passports.

your criminality will rope you soon enough.

am i supposed to be impressed by the existence of a so-called naija fiancee?

and your naija grandpops didnt teach you the basics of manners?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh Lawd!! This dude is all over the place. . . . cheesy cheesy Manners you spewing about? Who in the name of GAWD lack manners than some of you 9jas? You crackin me up BIG time! Looool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

Loool. . . exactly my point! So how could he be described as a fraud?! Ghana allows dual nationality US and Canada does that as well thus he could well be carrying a maximum of 3 passports. He could forfeit that of Ghana's  thus possessing only 2. What i wanted to clarify was that the guy could legally be carrying a maximum of 3 passports cos being a permanent resident in auzzie doesnt entitle him to their passports. Hence the accussations being bundled around that he is carrying 4 passports are wrong.

Simples! wink

Dude don't get ahead of yourself ok. Again obtaining just a U.S. citizenship takes a minute and I don't mean literally a minute, it takes a while ok, and I mean years not even if you fast track it by getting married which is even stricter now. Just because you are a U.S. citizenship does not grant you Canadian citizenship although their immigration laws are somewhat identical. I would speak on behalf of the U.S. Citizenship; it doesn't matter whether you gave up your citizenship or not from Ghanaian, in as long as you file an N-400 (obviously you have to meet the residency and true faith requirement), the form clearly ask you what is your citizenship(s), because you not a born citizen, so you can deny deny from now till tomorrow, it won't change that process. I want to know between U.S. and Canada, which one he had first?

According to U.S. law, one can only be a dual citizenship and once you become a U.S. Citizen, you CANNOT take the oath of citizenship of another country, that is grounds for your citizenship to be revoked. Also people who have taken to "Oath of Allegiance", words for words, you can deduce that yourself. In the reverse case, if your dual citizenship; by birth from Ghana and Canada, you cannot receive triple citizenship at least according to U.S. law.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

Loool. . . exactly my point! So how could he be described as a fraud?! Ghana allows dual nationality US and Canada recognizes that it exist and thus he could well be carrying a maximum of 3 passports. He could forfeit that of Ghana's  thus possessing only 2. What i wanted to clarify was that the guy could legally be carrying a maximum of 3 passports cos being a permanent resident in auzzie doesnt entitle him to their passports. Hence the accussations being bundled around that he is carrying 4 passports are wrong.

Simples! wink

I thought Ghana was heaven? why does Ghanians need multiple passports? Abrentie should burn his American and Canadian passports, cancel his PR in Aussie, then return to Ghana and wait for a Nigerian petty trader to dish out $300,000 and employ his sorry A"S_S. The guy will wait till he becomes a Grandpa.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Ranoscky(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Africason

U'r a real disgrace to ur family n to human creature!  Ozu nwu'anwu na g'ije!

*Dis is wia i disagree with God dat he created an animal thinkin he created a human being.*

U'r d worst creature so far!!!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
Justcash:

I thought Ghana was heaven? why does Ghanians need multiple passports? Abrentie should burn his American and Canadian passports, cancel his PR in Aussie, then return to Ghana and wait for a Nigerian petty trader to dish out $300,000 and employ his sorry A"S_S. The guy will wait till he becomes a Grandpa.
grin grin grin grin grin

Africason:

grin grin Now, you see your folly? lool. . . .Well,  I have 2 passports and i could still get 9jas own if i want but not now  undecided grin

Next year, am gona marry my 9ja fiancee so that could make it easier as well. . . . was gona go 4 9jas one based on ma grandops.  grin

Nobody is stopping you oh. Unlike Ghana with their insecurity issues when it comes to Nigerians. Even your ashewos dey complain say Nigerians women dey drive market away from them.

I wonder why some Ghanaians see Nigeria as a mini heaven.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh Lawd!! This dude is all over the place. . . . cheesy cheesy Manners you spewing about? Who in the name of GAWD lack manners than some of you 9jas? You crackin me up BIG time! Looool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

remove the giant log in your own eye before complaining about the tiny speck in other people's own.

i've never seen a more shameless display of ill breeding and lack of manners than what you, abrantie and other geese are showing here.

you should weep for shame!!!!!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin africason and abrantie u 2 are too much lol grin grin grin grin grin
azz kicking dudes lol
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tutu1: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2010
why all the hate for Nigerians even in foreign action movies now they place Nigeria amongst all the worse countries to survive in. rly SAD .  why cant this nation stand up for her citizens for once . so much for our Rebranding. Mrs Infomation Minister.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by teeboyseve(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2010
$300k = 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 Cedis

LOL grin grin grin grin

What a Shame.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

remove the giant log in your own eye before complaining about the tiny speck in other people's own.

i've never seen a more shameless display of ill breeding and lack of manners than what you, abrantie and other geese are showing here.

you should weep for shame!!!!!

Now, am hitting some nerves, abi?  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy Repeat this after me. . . 'many 9ja folks and the word manners can never be used in the same sentence cos that would be deemed tautology!' cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed

@
Ranoscky:

@Africason

U'r a real disgrace to your family n to human creature!  Ozu nwu'anwu na g'ije!

*Dis is wia i disagree with God dat he created an animal thinkin he created a human being.*

U'r d worst creature so far!!!

I luv dat !!  cheesy cheesy cheesy I can see am getting into some people's head!  grin grin

@manny4life

Dude don't get ahead of yourself ok. Again obtaining just a U.S. citizenship takes a minute and I don't mean literally a minute, it takes a while ok, and I mean years not even if you fast track it by getting married which is even stricter now. Just because you are a U.S. citizenship does not grant you Canadian citizenship although their immigration laws are somewhat identical. I would speak on behalf of the U.S. Citizenship; it doesn't matter whether you gave up your citizenship or not from Ghanaian, in as long as you file an N-400 (obviously you have to meet the residency and true faith requirement), the form clearly ask you what is your citizenship(s), because you not a born citizen, so you can deny deny from now till tomorrow, it won't change that process. I want to know between U.S. and Canada, which one he had first?

According to U.S. law, one can only be a dual citizenship and once you become a U.S. Citizen, you CANNOT take the oath of citizenship of another country, that is grounds for your citizenship to be revoked. Also people who have taken to "Oath of Allegiance", words for words, you can deduce that yourself. In the reverse case, if your dual citizenship; by birth from Ghana and Canada, you cannot receive triple citizenship at least according to U.S. law.

Listen, a persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child(Abrantie) born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country(Ghana) of birth.

Abrantie could then marry a Canadian citizen and thus become a Canadian by marrige as well. So now you get the drift?

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship. However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

wink
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2010
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin grin africason and abrantie u 2 are too much lol  grin grin grin grin grin
azz kicking dudes lol

From what slumber did you wake up from? Anyway I don't see any ass whooping,
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin grin africason and abrantie u 2 are too much lol  grin grin grin grin grin
azz kicking dudes lol

So much for the Azz kickers that are looking for escape routes. I perceived a stench of illiteracy the moment you stepped in and it just seems to linger for too long. smells more like a gorilla's armpit.  

tutu1:

why all the hate for Nigerians even in foreign action movies now they place Nigeria amongst all the worse countries to survive in. rly SAD .  why cant this nation stand up for her citizens for once . so much for our Rebranding. Mrs Infomation Minister.

In the face of our lack of proper leadership, we are still way better than many countries including Ghana. Look at it in the form of things on ground and potentials, you will see that Nigeria is only hated because of her potential to take over the world. Ghanians wants to be like us. They suffer from Inferiority complex. That is why any progress by Nigeria is seen as a threat.
Wait and see how Attah mills will declare a "Day of apology to Nigeria" in Ghana when our insensitive government decides to retaliate.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
Oh please . . . more of the same old silly "my bush is better than yours simply because I can say so" debates . And people wonder why the status quo continues. The fact Ghana is an entity that can decide to make policies to protect it's own from anyone, even Nigerians, as it sees fit. It does not have to answer in anyway to Nigeria and if ECOWAS is serious about fighting this, ECOWAS will do something about it. All this "My Bush is better than yours" nonsense will get both countries nowhere. If Nigerians do not like the situation, let them move on to countries that will welcome them. Better yet, maybe we should hold our own politicians responsible for selling our own lives and futures so easily to foreigners. angry angry undecided
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

Now, am hitting some nerves, abi?  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

@
I luv dat !!  cheesy cheesy cheesy I can see am getting into some people's head!  grin grin

@manny4life

Listen, a persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child(Abrantie) born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country(Ghana) of birth.

Abrantie could then marry a Canadian citizen and thus become a Canadian by marrige as well. So now you get the drift?

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship. However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

wink

Mr. let me make this very clear to you, whether you born to U.S. parents or not,  In as long as you were born outside the U.S., you still file same N-400 paperwork. If you're born to U.S. citizens, but not born in the U.S., it just means you're entitled to it doesn't mean it cannot be revoked. PLEASE SPEAK ON THE TOPIC YOU ARE FAMILIAR ABOUT. Please visit USCIS website to know if citizenship can be revoked or not. Again get your facts straights. U.S. law clearly forbids any naturalized citizen from taking an oath of citizenship from another country. I won't argue this because if you wanna argue it, random articles from the internet wouldn't do, I would go to their main sources.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bisiaet: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
In the face of our lack of proper leadership, we are still way better than many countries including Ghana. Look at it in the form things on ground and potentials, you will see that Nigeria is only hated because of her potential to take over the world. Ghanians wants to be like us. They suffer from Inferiority complex. That is why any progress by Nigeria is seen as a threat.
Wait and see how Attah mills will declare a "Day of apology to Nigeria" in Ghana when our insensitive government decides to retaliate.

Well said they just suffering from complexity that is all though I had beg them to exit this site before something is release I had beg them and still beggin them to leave this site for now.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh please . . . more of the same old silly "my bush is better than yours simply because I can say so" debates . And people wonder why the status quo continues. The fact Ghana is an entity that can decide to make policies to protect it's own from anyone, even Nigerians, as it sees fit. It does not have to answer in anyway to Nigeria and if ECOWAS is serious about fighting this, ECOWAS will do something about it. All this "My Bush is better than yours" nonsense will get both countries nowhere. If Nigerians do not like the situation, let them move on to countries that will welcome them. Better yet, maybe we should hold our own politicians responsible for selling our own lives and futures so easily to foreigners.   angry angry undecided

And does that give any Ghanian the right to come to Nairaland to insult Nigerians? Who gives a damn about their policies? They can tell Nigerian prostitutes to bang their Children first as a sin qua non for a permit to become prostitutes in Ghana, no one cares. One thing they should not do is to come here and insult Nigerians. That is where they will be getting it wrong. Nonsense! Or does their rights extend to Nairaland?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bisiaet: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2010
If they refuse to exit this quick I will dig them out and step on their wounds and show faces.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
Last I checked, Nairaland is not just for Nigerians. So yes, it is an open forum and they can come in to say what they want. At the end, the point is Ghana has a right as a soveriegn nation to put policies in place to protect it's own.

This "My balls are bigger than yours" debates will not change that reality or make the situation that Nigerians are now faced with out there any better. If anything, we should be wondering why our own government is instead busy selling our own all off to the highest bidder.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2010
manny4life:

Mr. let me make this very clear to you, whether you born to U.S. parents or not,  In as long as you were born outside the U.S., you still file same N-400 paperwork. If you're born to U.S. citizens, but not born in the U.S., it just means you're entitled to it doesn't mean it cannot be revoked. PLEASE SPEAK ON THE TOPIC YOU ARE FAMILIAR ABOUT. Please visit USCIS website to know if citizenship can be revoked or not. Again get your facts straights. U.S. law clearly forbids any naturalized citizen from taking an oath of citizenship from another country. I won't argue this because if you wanna argue it, random articles from the internet wouldn't do, I would go to their main sources.

Ya, you can't argue it cos its written on the site of the US government. And hey, you better not deviate from it cos no one mentioned revocation here. Did you even read the non highlighted part of my rebuttal? I guess not. It talked about how one could lose his/her citizenship so its you rather who doesn't know squat about the subject. Here is the link if you wana update yourself: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

The non-highlighted part that talked about how one could lose his citizenship:
. . . However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

I showed you how Abrantie could attain that 3 pasports from the US, Canada and Ghana and you're beating about the bush here. Deal with it bruv. . .

Simples. cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
[b]Is Ghana's economy better than Nigeria's economy?
What is Ghana's GDP compared to Nigeria's own?
What is the strength of the (figure manupulated) Cedi compared to the (Untouched) Naira?
What is the average income of Ghanians compared to the average income of Nigerians?
Is Accra anywhere as beautiful as Abuja?
Is it easy to make dollars in Ghana as it is in Nigeria?
What is Ghana's population when compared to Nigeria's?
How long did it take Nigeria's telecommunication sector to run down Ghana's long standing own?
What is the purchasing power parity of Ghanians compared to those of Nigerians?
Which Ghanian city is as big and economically viable than Lagos or even small Onitsha?
what is Ghanian international airport called, is it better than any Nigerian international airport?
Does Ghana have any airline comparable to Arik air?
Does Ghana have a strong and good military to withstand Nigeria?
What is Ghana's tourism worth when compared to Nigeria's own?
IS Ghana's entertainment industry anywhere near Nigeria's own?
Do you know how many Ghanian international stars were made by Nigeria?
Does Ghana have a comparable number of world class schools as is in Nigeria?
How many schools are in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?
Which country motivated a free and fair election in Ghana?
Where did Ghana's president run to after he won the Presidential elections?
Does Ghana have any achievement that is comparable to the achievements of Nigeria in sports?
Is any Ghanian sports league comparable to those of Nigerians?
Has Ghana hosted any world cup?
How many sports stars does Ghana have comparable to Nigerians?
How many international events can be hosted in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?

I can keep asking these questions endlessly

So, how is Ghana comparable to Nigeria?

It is only a matter of time, Ghanians will know exactly where they belong.[/b]
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
Yep . . . even the questions fall in . . . .

"My balls are bigger than yours"
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin just/nyansh/cash, the only stench u smelling is coming from ur mof odour  grin grin grin grin, don' u know ur mof is next to ur nose?
abeg close tht ibu-like mof of urs, before i fill tht wide azz diastema between ur teeth wit euthymol, shurrup grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
The concept of dual nationality means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Each country has its own citizenship laws based on its own policy. Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.The U.S. Government recognizes that dual nationality exists but does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Claims of other countries on dual national U.S. citizens may conflict with U.S. law, and dual nationality may limit U.S. Government efforts to assist citizens abroad. The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there.Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.

Information on losing foreign citizenship can be obtained from the foreign country's embassy and consulates in the United States. Americans can renounce U.S. citizenship in the proper form at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.

Other Government Websites
USA Gov Service Locator  
Department Of Homeland Security  
The White House  
More >

Thank you for posting this.

Paragraph 1 --- A child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth. What does that tell you, when that child comes here, he's entitled to citizenship through his parent, it doesn't say it cannot be revoked so I'm trying hard to get your point. As the statement said; Born in a foreign country.

Paragraph 2 --- Citizens may no loose country of birth - However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship. I mean duh, when applying was it not by free choice and by that choice, you are showing intentions to give up your citizenship and the allegiance when taking oath of citizenship, what do you think you are doing?

Paragragh 3 --- It say "INTENTION CAN BE SHOWN BY PERSON'S STATEMENT OR CONDUCT" like I stated in paragraph 2, when you were freely filing for citizenship of another country, what the hell did u think you were doing? Your intent is already made when you were doing that.

Paragraph 4 --- Dual national owe allegiance to their Foreign country of (birth) and U.S. where they naturalized. However, if they were born here, that's a different story. While U.S. doesn't recognize dual, then u think is triple they would right?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yep . . . even the questions fall in . . . .

"My balls are bigger than yours"

Dude are you ghanian? Just wondering cos you seem to feel a pinch when I talk about Ghanians. Dey your own o! before thunder fire you there!!! Wetin concern me concern you for this matter?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ Manny4life

ya, i read that part and even quoted it in my first rebuttal. . . so you see, Abrantie can obtain those 3 passports legally and cleanly. cool
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
Justcash:

Dude are you ghanian? Just wondering cos you seem to feel a pinch when I talk about Ghanians. Dey your own o! before thunder fire you there!!! Wetin concern me concern you for this matter?

I seem to feel a pinch when you talk of Ghanians? Are you in your right mind today or is some foreigner using your ID or something?  undecided

So, you don't see the childishness in the back and forth you have chosen to involve yourself in? lol . . . anywho, Like I said . . . all the "MY BALLS are bigger than yours " arguments prove nothing for either side. Fact remains Ghana is a Sovereign entity just as Nigeria is and has a right to protect it's own, and it is vain to suggest otherwise simply because you believe it to be an attack on your person or something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Kara Market On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Ways To Earn Good Income As A Nigerian Student / Nigeria Replaces Saudi Arabia As Top Crude Oil Supplier To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.