Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,290 members, 7,967,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:54 AM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24894 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]Is Ghana's economy better than Nigeria's economy?
What is Ghana's GDP compared to Nigeria's own?
What is the strength of the (figure manupulated) Cedi compared to the (Untouched) Naira?
What is the average income of Ghanians compared to the average income of Nigerians?
Is Accra anywhere as beautiful as Abuja?
Is it easy to make dollars in Ghana as it is in Nigeria?
What is Ghana's population when compared to Nigeria's?
How long did it take Nigeria's telecommunication sector to run down Ghana's long standing own?
What is the purchasing power parity of Ghanians compared to those of Nigerians?
Which Ghanian city is as big and economically viable than Lagos or even small Onitsha?
what is Ghanian international airport called, is it better than any Nigerian international airport?
Does Ghana have any airline comparable to Arik air?
Does Ghana have a strong and good military to withstand Nigeria?
What is Ghana's tourism worth when compared to Nigeria's own?
IS Ghana's entertainment industry anywhere near Nigeria's own?
Do you know how many Ghanian international stars were made by Nigeria?
Does Ghana have a comparable number of world class schools as is in Nigeria?
How many schools are in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?
Which country motivated a free and fair election in Ghana?
Where did Ghana's president run to after he won the Presidential elections?
Does Ghana have any achievement that is comparable to the achievements of Nigeria in sports?
Is any Ghanian sports league comparable to those of Nigerians?
Has Ghana hosted any world cup?
How many sports stars does Ghana have comparable to Nigerians?
How many international events can be hosted in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?

I can keep asking these questions endlessly

So, how is Ghana comparable to Nigeria?

It is only a matter of time, Ghanians will know exactly where they belong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah yeah -- where have I heard that before?

Oh, you are the Giant of Africa. LOL!

I repeat, Megalomania:

Megalomania is a word defined as: [1]

A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

The word megalomania is derived from the Greek words "μεγαλο": megalo-, meaning large, and "μανία": mania, meaning madness, frenzy. The first attested use of the word "megalomania" is in 1890 as a translation of the French word "mégalomanie".
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
[size=20pt]^^LOOK IN THE MIRROR[/size]
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
otumfour:

anotha confirmation, bingo!, no wonder 1 Nigerian claimed joy fm wuz owned by a Nigerian, 1 thing abt Ghanaians we can soak your(justcash) ilk, when u got it, it shows, u don't force it.

LOL! Otumfour Aboakwa in a ranting rage! I like the way you called me Bingo! Hahahhahaahhahahah, It shows the perspective you see human beings from, considering the disease that you are. By the way, could it be that your Aboakwa generation recognise human beings the same way? Just wondering. Keep soaking up my ilk, it will help to reduce the poisonous level of your disease. It will fill you up and take you gently to where you actually belong. The toilet. Mofo! Lol!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2010
But i thought they have given a warning for almost a year now.
What has the Nigeria govt done to make sure nothing happened to Nigerian citizens? I am sure, Nothing
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]eh wo $300k is 480k cedis? Pleas o what is the exchange rate? You are claiming $1 to be 1.46cedis, hmmm cedis is now like Canadian dollar, shoot way better than Canadian dollar, almost ranking to euro but euro is bigger than dollar so the next one after dollar.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the exchange rate is $1 = C1.43 to C1.46.

A Mr. Big (A Nigerian greasy joint wink) meal for one can cost between C8.00 to C10.00. It's comparable to the price of fast food in America. So it means things are quite expensive in Ghana. That's why our government needs that $300K, which isn't much for you rogues to come up with.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2010
justcash, lol u call tht ranting?, your grown backside like is playing give and take wit me and u seem to be enjoying this, lets do this papa ajasko grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
otumfour:

justcash, lol u call tht ranting?, your grown backside like is playing give and take wit me and u seem to be enjoying this, lets do this papa ajasko grin grin grin grin grin grin,

As a normal Ghanian coward that you are, you keep talking about let's do it when I have flushed you severally in the toilet. I thought you gat bullets. LOL! Otumfour Aboakwa like you. LOL! Hahahahahahahah. You aint worth staying awake for. I just noticed. Thanks for making me bored and sleepy. Ewu! hahahahahahahahah!

[b]All I can say is thank God I have no family member in Ghana. Even Oyibo people welcome Nigerians more than those morons.

My candid advise to Nigerians. Run from Ghana. Don't invest in Ghana. Come back to Nigeria or better still go to more friendly countries.

I will get drunk the day the Ecowas FTA agreement with Ghana will break down, and visas will be required from both countries. Nigerians are used to visa restrictions, so it aint new.

I gat to go before Otumfour Aboakwa and co infects me with their filthy Ghanian disease. They should dream hard for the day they will truely surpass 9ija.

I'm out.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2010
Africason wrote:

Well, you could start by asking your wife if she was difiled when she was a pikkin in Ghana? Loool      

My man , she was born and bred in the UK so thankfully she avoided the paedophilia and deviancy that has currently overwhelmed Ghana.  Meanwhile you and Abrantie should worry it is not your sister that placed the ad below:

http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/classifieds/dating.php?CATEGORY=C

l am 18 years old girl, looking for love,humble and respectful, and a drummer, l drum for a female melodians gospel music band, [b]preferably a white man, also willing to work for him when he is in Ghana,[/b]

and I hope it is not your brothers who will be responding to this ad considering how the entire Accra is gay capital of West Africa these day;

http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/classifieds/dating.php?CATEGORY=D

hello everyone, this is the first time i do something like this,  i am a young white guy looking for some wild fun in accra! i have no experience in this so im looking to have my first time here in Ghana with some big di,  contact me at laclaja

On a serious note , it seems to me you guys have your hands full. Click both links above to view shameless girls wanting "obronie" ahead of their own Ghanaian men  shocked shocked  while your men are openly  gay in their thousands and shaming Ghana on your most visible website . No wonder all the white guys one see wandering around Ghana look like they are on a sex offender register somewhere in the West.

Ghana . Land of decadence and number one destination of all the worlds paedophile in West Africa . Na wetin we no go see sef with these hypocrites and "holier than thou" grandstanders? You guys have found oil now but I really think you must look closely at p.orn production. Your youth seem to be good at it as they have already become the most prolific producers of home made p.orn in West Africa.

Below is your perverted brothers discussing one of the numerous Ghana-made p.orn from one of your budding p.orn star . Apparently there is no shortage of willing "actors" these day . With all the paedophile and perverts from the West supplying the perversion I expect the p.orn industry in Ghana will take off big time  winkThe whole society is ripe for it ;

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53367&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=6cfa4fb1d795e3d7b42dbdfda4c1e10e
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by hackney(m): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ghana wey no get up to $300k in their national budget dey demand their papa.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by pops1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2010
Absolutely unacceptable and a breech of existing agreement within the ECOWAS. The so-called trade restriction recently enforced by the Ghanaian government is not wrong except when applied against any existing member of this community, which definitely is the case in the above assault against Nigerians trading within the community agreement in Ghana. Below is Article 2 of the ECOWAS agreement as exactly quoted in chapter 2 of the ECOWAS reviewed agreement. Link supporting this shall be posted on my next post:
CHAPTER II
ESTABLISHMENT, COMPOSITION, AIMS AND
OBJECTIVES AND FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
OF THE COMMUNITY
ARTICLE 2 : ESTABLISHMENT AND COMPOSITION
1. THE HIGH CONTRACTING PARTIES, by this Treaty, hereby re-affirm the establishment of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS): and decide that it shall ultimately be the sole economic community in the region for the purpose of economic integration and the realisation of the objectives of the African Economic Community.
2. The members of the Community, hereinafter referred to as "the Member States," shall be the States that ratify this treaty.
ARTICLE 3 : AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The aims of the Community are to promote co-operation and integration, leading to the establishment of an economic union in West Africa in order to raise the living standards of its peoples, and to maintain and enhance economic stability, foster relations among Member States and contribute to the progress and development of the African Continent.
2. In order to achieve the aims set out in the paragraph above, and in accordance with the relevant provisions of this Treaty, the Community shall, by stages, ensure;
a) the harmonisation and co-ordination of national policies and the promotion of integration programmes, projects and activities, particularly in food, agriculture and natural resources, industry, transport and communications, energy, trade, money and finance, taxation, economic reform policies, human resources, education, information, culture, science, technology, services, health, tourism, legal matters;
b) the harmonisation and co-ordination of policies for the protection of the environment;
c) the promotion of the establishment of joint production enterprises;
d) the establishment of a common market through:
i) the liberalisation of trade by the abolition, among Member States, of customs duties levied on imports and exports, and the abolition among Member States, of non-tariff barriers in order to establish a free trade area at the Community level;
ii) the adoption of a common external tariff and.,a common trade policy vis-a-vis third
countries;
iii) the removal, between Member States, of obstacles to the free movement of persons, goods, service and capital, and to the right of residence and establishment;

e) the establishment of an economic union through the adoption of common policies in the
economic, financial social and cultural sectors, and the creation of a monetary union.
f) the promotion of joint ventures by private sectors enterprises and other economic operators, in particular through the adoption of a regional agreement on cross-border investments;
g) the adoption of measures for the integration of the private sectors, particularly the creation of an enabling environment to promote small and medium scale enterprises;
h) the establishment of an enabling legal environment;
i) the harmonisation of national investment codes leading to the adoption of a single Community investment code;
j) the harmonisation of standards and measures;
k) the promotion of balanced development of the region, paying attention to the special problems of each Member State particularly those of landlocked and small island Member States;
l) the encouragement and strengthening of relations and the promotion of the flow of information particularly among rural populations, women and youth organisations and socio-professional organisations such as associations of the media, business men and women, workers, and trade unions;
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by pops1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2010
Absolutely unacceptable and a breech of existing agreement within the ECOWAS. The so-called trade restriction recently enforced by the Ghanaian government is not wrong except when applied against any existing member of this community, which definitely is the case in the above assault against Nigerians trading within the community agreement in Ghana. Below is Article 3 of the ECOWAS agreement as exactly quoted in chapter 2 of the ECOWAS reviewed agreement. Link supporting this shall be posted on my next post:
ARTICLE 3 : AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The aims of the Community are to promote co-operation and integration, leading to the establishment of an economic union in West Africa in order to raise the living standards of its peoples, and to maintain and enhance economic stability, foster relations among Member States and contribute to the progress and development of the African Continent.
2. In order to achieve the aims set out in the paragraph above, and in accordance with the relevant provisions of this Treaty, the Community shall, by stages, ensure;
a) the harmonisation and co-ordination of national policies and the promotion of integration programmes, projects and activities, particularly in food, agriculture and natural resources, industry, transport and communications, energy, trade, money and finance, taxation, economic reform policies, human resources, education, information, culture, science, technology, services, health, tourism, legal matters;
b) the harmonisation and co-ordination of policies for the protection of the environment;
c) the promotion of the establishment of joint production enterprises;
d) the establishment of a common market through:
i) the liberalisation of trade by the abolition, among Member States, of customs duties levied on imports and exports, and the abolition among Member States, of non-tariff barriers in order to establish a free trade area at the Community level;
ii) the adoption of a common external tariff and.,a common trade policy vis-a-vis third
countries;
iii) the removal, between Member States, of obstacles to the free movement of persons, goods, service and capital, and to the right of residence and establishment;

e) the establishment of an economic union through the adoption of common policies in the
economic, financial social and cultural sectors, and the creation of a monetary union.
f) the promotion of joint ventures by private sectors enterprises and other economic operators, in particular through the adoption of a regional agreement on cross-border investments;
g) the adoption of measures for the integration of the private sectors, particularly the creation of an enabling environment to promote small and medium scale enterprises;
h) the establishment of an enabling legal environment;
i) the harmonisation of national investment codes leading to the adoption of a single Community investment code;
j) the harmonisation of standards and measures;
k) the promotion of balanced development of the region, paying attention to the special problems of each Member State particularly those of landlocked and small island Member States;
l) the encouragement and strengthening of relations and the promotion of the flow of information particularly among rural populations, women and youth organisations and socio-professional organisations such as associations of the media, business men and women, workers, and trade unions;
www.comm.ecowas.int/sec/index.php
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2010
Justcash:

As a normal Ghanian coward that you are, you keep talking about let's do it when I have flushed you severally in the toilet. I thought you gat bullets. LOL! Otumfour Aboakwa like you. LOL! Hahahahahahahah. You aint worth staying awake for. I just noticed. Thanks for making me bored and sleepy. Ewu! hahahahahahahahah!

[b]All I can say is thank God I have no family member in Ghana. Even Oyibo people welcome Nigerians more than those morons.

My candid advise to Nigerians. Run from Ghana. Don't invest in Ghana. Come back to Nigeria or better still go to more friendly countries.

I will get drunk the day the Ecowas FTA agreement with Ghana will break down, and visas will be required from both countries. Nigerians are used to visa restrictions, so it aint new.

I gat to go before Otumfour Aboakwa and co infects me with their filthy Ghanian disease. They should dream hard for the day they will truely surpass 9ija.

I'm out.

the same Ghanaian cowards have u experiencing sleepless night, nyansapor
now go to bed u old ass, socks looking balls having, wrinkled wit veins and all black looking balls, alhaji looking wit ur decayed teeth wit black spots on tongue having, fat stomach as a result very difficult to lace ur shoes cuz u can't bend ova having, no pant wearing, bad breath having ol' boy, I told ya we cud do this papa ajasko grin grin grin grin grin
now I command u (justcash) to wake up in the morning and reply to this post, grin grin grin grin grin grin
small boy otumfour says so
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
hackney:

Ghana wey no get up to $300k in their national budget dey demand their papa.

yet e dey pain u,  it gets worse, u be the giant of africa abi?, people dey suffer for Naija pass Ghana wey e no get $300k in their national budget, these people paa lol grin grin grin grin grin grin abrantie lol wekum nkrofouryi ewie onua grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2010
Abrantie:

Yes, the exchange rate is $1 = C1.43 to C1.46.

A Mr. Big (A Nigerian greasy joint wink) meal for one can cost between C8.00 to C10.00. It's comparable to the price of fast food in America. So it means things are quite expensive in Ghana. That's why our government needs that $300K, which isn't much for you rogues to come up with.

Clap for yourself, I asked again how many of your so-called petty traders have been able to come up with $300k. The last time I checked, you guys are so enshrined in your petty jealousy amongst yourself that you waiting on the Nigerian rogues to bring forth the bacon. You here comparing food to america where as a greasy meal at McDonalds full meal don't even cost that much if it were per your calculation yet it doesn't cost someone $300k to open a small burger joint.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by legendprac(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
These ghanians r suffering from Inferiority complex,
This is not the best way to go abt things, though I blame Nigerians(govt) who r making things look as if ghana is better than Nigeria n thereby making Nigerians emigrate
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
legendprac:

These ghanians r suffering from Inferiority complex,
This is not the best way to go abt things, though I blame Nigerians(govt) who r making things look as if ghana is better than Nigeria n thereby making Nigerians emigrate

What do u think? People with a complex, wanna fit in and thereby wanna intimidate others around them with all cost. They would do all to get recognized by all means, exactly what's going on with Ghanaian issue.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by chamber2(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2010
WE ALL ARE MISSING THE POINT,IS GHANA'S ACTION AGAINST NIGERIAN BUSINESS PEOPLE JUSTIFIED?THATS IT.CALLING OURSELVES D/F KINDS OF NAMES AMOUNTS TO MAKING NONSENSE OF OUR 'EDUCATION,LEARNING AND EXPOSURE.' WE ALL ARE AFRICANS AND THIS ACTION MAY IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER AFFECT OUR RELATIONSHIP AND INTERACTION WITH OTHER AFRICANS.BITTERNESS AND ENVY WILL NOT TAKE US ANYWHERE RATHER IT WILL RETARD OUR PROGRESS.

LETS BEGIN TO PLANT NOT TO PLUNDER,GHANA TAKE SPECIAL NOTE.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Africason, my reluctance to live in Ghana is as a result of what I experienced from them. Long before I ever met my boyfriend. I have visited Ghana since having a Ghanaian boyfriend and it cemented it more. I dont have time for the mentaility. On the same trip I also took my boyfriend to Nigeria. There was no alienation or pettyness about his origin. I have not been spared the Ghanaian spitefullness even though I was born and raised in the UK. I have lived with Ghanaians and also went to an all Ghanaian church for about seven years. Even the bible couldn't stop the hatred they have.

Its not true that they hate Nigerian criminals alone, just being Nigerian us a crime in itself. Its not rational or selective at all.

You were robbed by a group of people, ONE of which one was Nigerian. How come you dont hold it against Ghanaians? Was your Nigerian girlfriend not robbed also by Ghanaians. Is she using the same logic as you to hate Ghanaians. I'm sure she isn't.

You people hate Nigerians full stop. It doesn't matter to you if we are law abiding or not.

Nigerians need to either take their money out of Ghana or club together and give them the $300k and totally make that seem like peanuts compared to the profits we make.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]Clap for yourself, I asked again how many of your so-called petty traders have been able to come up with $300k. The last time I checked, you guys are so enshrined in your petty jealousy amongst yourself that you waiting on the Nigerian rogues to bring forth the bacon. You here comparing food to america where as a greasy meal at McDonalds full meal don't even cost that much if it were per your calculation yet it doesn't cost someone $300k to open a small burger joint.[/QUOTE]

Hello!?

The aim of this law is not for us to come up with $300K. It's for YOU, desperate foreigners who are interested in petty trading, to capitalize for $300K and hire 10 Ghanaians or scram! Either way Ghana wins. It is a, Je nais sais quois (with my Canadian French accent) -- a potentially lucrative economic stimulus or humane version of "Nigeria Must Go".

Laws are meant to achieve result(s). If you think about this particular one a bit critically, you'd see what a genius the Ghana government is.

@p.o.p.s

ECOWAS your m.a.m.a. You sound like a little boy shouting "mommy, mommy". That treaty is so vague and full of holes. Take that treaty and stick it into a big fat ball of eba. Ghana will get back to it after our economy is on the right trajectory.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2010
londoner:

@Africason, my reluctance to live in Ghana is as a result of what I experienced from them. Long before I ever met my boyfriend. I have visited Ghana since having a Ghanaian boyfriend and it cemented it more. I dont have time for the mentaility. On the same trip I also took my boyfriend to Nigeria. There was no alienation or pettyness about his origin. I have not been spared the Ghanaian spitefullness even though I was born and raised in the UK. I have lived with Ghanaians and also went to an all Ghanaian church for about seven years. Even the bible couldn't stop the hatred they have.

Its not true that they hate Nigerian criminals alone, just being Nigerian us a crime in itself. Its not rational or selective at all.

You were robbed by a group of people, ONE of which one was Nigerian. How come you dont hold it against Ghanaians? Was your Nigerian girlfriend not robbed also by Ghanaians. Is she using the same logic as you to hate Ghanaians. I'm sure she isn't.

Are you actually paying attention to this chap? He has been exposed !!! He says the leader of the gang is Nigerian and the rest were Ghanaian ? Is that enough to hate Nigerians enduringly when normal and unbiased folks would realise that they are all criminals deserving of equal condemnation. The Nigerian may just have more balls than the rest of them and that is why he is their boss  grin grin

In any case his silly anecdote is an example of how Ghanaians are always pretending to be "holier than thou" . So , were all the other Ghanaian thieves former Choir boys and saints who were converted into robbers by the evil, brainwashing Nigerian? They could not just say no ? Are adult no longer responsible for their own actions ? I guess we Nigerians were responsible for the rampant armed robbery gangs that terrorised Ghana before Rawlings drastically decimated their rank? Ghanaians alway become bad students of history , with selective amnesia , where Nigerians are concerned . They will then begin talking childishly as if they learnt all vices from us without realising that a sensible adult should be responsible for their own actions . Self-deciet is a Ghanaian affliction.

You people hate Nigerians full stop. It doesn't matter to you if we are law abiding or not.

Indeed they do.

Nigerians need to either take their money out of Ghana or club together and give them the $300k and totally make that seem like peanuts compared to the profits we make.

I believe this will happen naturally anyway. Those who actually know the truth on the ground know that there is not that much money in Ghana. It is mainly hype from a people consumed with overrating themselves (as Na-so surmised). I remember reading an interview in Business Africa involving the CEO of GIA (Ghana International Airlines) . She was full of hot air using superlatives to describe the airline.  Literally two months or so later GIA went bankrupt circa June 2010 !!! They had to gain government help to fly back folks , with return ticket from Ghana, to their eventual destination. As we speak today their is a huge backlog of refunds to be paid to GIA customers !!! And all this started with GIA planes being surrounded by security operatives in London with passengers being escorted off the plane  shocked shocked It transpired that the company was actually massively in debt owning millions of dollars for fuel, maintenance, etc,etc.  I also discovered from one of their truthful sales manager that workers had not being paid for three months !!!  GIA was actually hiring temporary proffessional staff (Pilots, engineers, etc) at huge cost !!! shocked shocked The whole thing was so amateurish it was comical for a majority Government owned airline (70%) !!!!! It was this same GIA Ghanaians were bragging about  grin grin grin 

It is the same in many sector . "There is no money in the system" is probably the most common expression in Ghana today . Abeg Nigerians should leave and take their dough with them . Let Ghanaians have their "Obroni" (white man) influenced society with all its attendant perversion, homosexuality, paedophilia and deviancy. They want the 'return' of slavery in Ghana anyway and this will not be acceptable to most Nigerians since we don't consider the white man our master and we have no wish to suck up to him.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2010
Abrantie:

Hello!?

The aim of this law is not for us to come up with $300K. It's for YOU, desperate foreigners who are interested in petty trading, to capitalize for $300K and hire 10 Ghanaians or scram! Either way Ghana wins. It is a, Je nais sais quois (with my Canadian French accent) -- a potentially lucrative economic stimulus or humane version of "Nigeria Must Go".

Laws are meant to achieve result(s). If you think about this particular one a bit critically, you'd see what a genius the Ghana government is.

@p.o.p.s

ECOWAS your m.a.m.a. You sound like a little boy shouting "mommy, mommy". Take that treaty and stick it into a big fat ball of eba. Ghana will get back to it after our economy is on the right trajectory.

Oh we? Did you say foreigners? Well that explains it. Let us hope that same "genius Ghana government" would not feel battered when same is extended back to them.  Honestly, Ghana of all places? Wait for the $300k ok, and perhaps when it doesn't come, we would see how genius you guys are. I hope you back on this same thread when it all gets downs. If you think placing economic barriers is smart, oh wait, two can play the game.

Nigerians in Ghana, please take your money and go elsewhere and since Nigeria is gradually improving and with privatization of the energy sector, soon they would start producing enough electricity for commercial consumption, come home and improve your country while they wait for $300k capital for startup.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]Let Ghanaians have their "Obroni" (white man) influenced society with all its attendant perversion, homosexuality, paedophilia and deviancy.[/QUOTE]

The same society that you, Gbawe, can't seem to get away from. The same society you've poured your hard earned British pounds into. I now have an idea what type of business you're into.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]Oh we? Did you say foreigners?[/QUOTE]

No, I said "desparate foreigners interested in petty trading". Do you understand? or that phrase is tasking your brain.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
Abrantie:

No, I said "foreigners interested in petty trading". Do you understand? or that phrase is tasking your brain.

I would not even engage in your act of silliness. The underlying fact here is that they are still foreigners, and the context here is paying the $300k for petty trading and if u weren't slow, you would know that I was talking about foreigners in this context. No problem I will excuse your lack of comprehension. Next time if you engaging in a topic, try and deduce the fact from the actual context of the topic being discussed.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]I would not even engage in your act of silliness. The underlying fact here is that they are still foreigners, and the context here is paying the $300k for petty trading and if u weren't slow, you would know that I was talking about foreigners in this context. No problem I will excuse your lack of comprehension. Next time if you engaging in a topic, try and deduce the fact from the actual context of the topic being discussed.[/QUOTE]

Hah? WTF is your point?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2010
Abrantie:

The same society that you, Gbawe, can't seem to get away from.

My man , you don't get it . I was only in Ghana in so far as it was still one of our options . It is no longer an option , since we have now seen unsavoury things we don't care for,  and I no longer reside there since I am now never there for more than 3 weeks these days. In any case Ghana was not always like this and Ghanaians were certainly not this openly hostile and xenophobic circa 2000 when I began visiting.

The same society you've poured your hard earned British pounds into.

I began investing in Ghana since around 2002 . As I said before , things were not so bad back then. In any case you should know that we Nigerians recognise business opportunities better than most . That is why Mr.Biggs, Chicken Republic, Silverbird, et al are now in Ghana. The xenophobia , IMO , began to get really bad circa 2006. It is now fully blown under the overtly xenophobic Atta-Mills . I wish him , and all of you, luck.

I now have an idea what type of business you're into.

Feel free to think what you wan't . Slandering Nigerians and seeing them in the worst light comes naturally to many Ghanaians anyway so your usual conjectures  are "water off a Duck's back" for me .
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by chyz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2010
Its going to be funny what Nigeria does to ghanians after elections  grin
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2010
Abrantie:

Hah? WTF is your point?

I tot as much, go figure.

Abrantie:

No, I said "desparate foreigners interested in petty trading". Do you understand? or that phrase is tasking your brain.

They desperate because they Nigerians right? Or would a Kenyan pay same amount and be regarded as desperate. Bottom line desperate or not, fact is that they regarded as foreigners, and foreigners are gonna pay $300k for petty trade business. Foreigners who invest in your land are not desperate, you are contributing to their economy, that is the part of economics you left out when implementing your genius idea of $300k capital
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]In any case Ghana was not always like this and Ghanaians were certainly not this openly hostile and xenophobic circa 2000 when I began visiting.[/QUOTE]

Prior to about 1996, the term armed robbery or 419 wasn't part of Ghana's vocabulary. Prior to 2000, Nigerians had their sights on Europe/USA etc. Then the Nigerian invasion and crime slowly picked up. Have you connected the dots yet? Are you still surprised and perplexed why the whole world is hostile towards Nigerians? Don't you detect even a tiny cause-and-effect thingy going on here? Come on Gbawe, you can't be that daft!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by chamber2(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
LETS CONCLUDE
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Ibime(m): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2010
Let those who have lost their business complain. We can't say we didn't have it coming after the Ghana Must Go debacle of the 1980s
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2010
[QUOTE]They desperate because they Nigerians right? Or would a Kenyan pay same amount and be regarded as desperate. Bottom line desperate or not, fact is that they regarded as foreigners, and foreigners are gonna pay $300k for petty trade business. Foreigners who invest in your land are not desperate, you are contributing to their economy, that is the part of economics you left out when implementing your genius idea of $300k capital[/QUOTE]

You are all over the place.

Ok, Nigerians are the most visitors to Ghana, followed by Americans. Nigerians stay the longest and most don't return. The population of Nigerians in Ghana is extremely high (after all y'all are the Giant of Africa). There's no way Ghana's economy and infrastructure can absorb the rate at which Nigerians are pouring into Ghana. Mind you, the Cedi is strong so that might be the main reason to live and work in Ghana.

So this law, which on the surface looks like it's simply meant to collect $300K per foreigner, is actually targeted at the exploding Nigerian migration to Ghana.

It's so obvious that a petty trader cannot afford $300K isn't it? So the majority would just have to leave or engage in crime. So I predict some type of Nigerian Deportation Order in the very near future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? / Digital Side Hustles That Can Fetch You Insane Income / From Peddling Clothes On The Streets To Owing His Own Clothing Shop (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.