Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,168 members, 7,900,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:05 AM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24698 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 1:47am On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

If there is a cholera pandemic in a Nigerian State run by the most dictatorial and corrupt leader , insistent on keeping his State back to the stone age,

I didn't know Nigeria was made up of independent states. Isn't the Federal Republic of Nigeria a federation? So where's your central government when human rights are being abused by Nazi-like governors? Blaming the outbreak of a disease on one state's government alone shows how limited your knowledge is on public health issues.

Btw Gbawe, please explain to the board again why you're still in Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 7:22am On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

I didn't know Nigeria was made up of independent states. Isn't the Federal Republic of Nigeria a federation? So where's your central government when human rights are being abused by Nazi-like governors? Blaming the outbreak of a disease on one state's government alone shows how limited your knowledge is on public health issues.

Btw Gbawe, please explain to the board again why you're still in Ghana.

Try to keep up sonny. I am no longer in Ghana . I have business interest in Ghana but I have no interest in living in Ghana. Neither does my wife who is actually Ghanaian. We now live between the UK and Nigeria. The main problem with Ghanaians like you is how you shun introspection that might make you a better human being because you are driven by primordial sentiments that cloud your sense of fairplay and equity. That is what facilitates the growth of racism, bigotry, intolerance and xenophobia worldwide.

If folks tell you they have experienced discrimination you don't sweep it under the carpet because it is your folks guilty of the accusation. You look at their comments fairly . That is the attitude that has led to the cosmopolitan sanity of diasporan Countries we all flee to like the UK. I have shown , many times , the unfair treatment of Globacom in Ghana . It is actually scandalous. Sensible Ghanaians should speak and act , instead of decietfully deflecting culpability, before we see another shameful violent xenophobic show as witnessed in SA not too long ago.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2010
Africason, thanx for laying emphasis on the arrogance of most Nigerians, in life if u feel too pompous and people don' see u tht way, u begin to hate them and feel they hate u, and tht is so eveident on this thread from gbawe and his ilk, u can neva force som1 to respect u sir, u gotta earn it, u talk too much and the world is changing so sit up and stop deceiving urselves wit all this tlk abt we'll take our(u and who?, abeg speak for urself, u tlk as if zenith bank is ur dads) businesses out of Ghana when these peeps(Nigerians) who abide by the law are enjoying their business,
''When the law is working u cry yet u want a betta Nigeria and yet again u blame ur government when u the citizenries see the law as an enemy in somones country''
food 4 tot
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2010
Africason:

@ Gbawe

Describing myself?! You Gbawe and loads of Nigerian folks believe that most things revolves around you. Reality check my broda. . . Absolutely nothing revolves around you.

Not true at all. It is folks like you , and insecure Ghanaians/Africans , that love to think we are self-absorbed. I know Ghana well and I see that many Nigerians , especially those in the business sector , walk on eggshells , when that should not be the case, because they don't want to display any character that will be deemed 'stereotypically arrogant or disrespectful' by a group of people who have made up their minds about our "arrogance" and "megalomania" before they even meet Nigerians. I felt sorry for Glo and Adenuga because I saw first hand , and on the ground, that they did far, far more is neccessary to endear themselves to Ghana and Ghanaians yet that was not enough for those who are now too far gone in xenophobic hatred and envy. No be dis same forum a Ghanaian stated that Nigerans are "culturally insensitive " because we 'spray' money at our own parties in Ghana ? So because we are on Ghana's soil we must reject everything we enjoy , that is not threatening anyone , so as to please Ghanaians? Methinks it is Ghanaians who should become less stiff  and more tolerant for the sake of their own personal self development.

Well, am neither full Ghanaian nor Nigerian but have been around loads of Ghanaians and Nigerians to notice that Nigerians always 'Big up' themselves wherever they happen to be. Ignorance, Pompousness and Arrogance is the order of the day when it comes to most Nigerians!  Do you think the problems Nigerians had and continue to have in Sud Africa is by coincindence? Most Nigerians got stinking attitudes and that needs to be curtailed.

You expect anyone to believe you are not Ghanaian when , in comparing Nigerians and Ghanaians , you only have negative things to say about Nigerians ? Mate , Ghanaians are not faultless and if you were really neutral you would acknowledge that. I know objective Africans who know Nigerians and Ghanaians yet are not from either nation. They don't speak as you do . Many Ghanaians are casually petty, envious, discriminative and hostile towards Nigerians . I know this from first hand experience with Ghanaians who had never met me yet were comfortable behaving in a hostile and discriminative way once my region of origin is established.  I am tired of the deciet of Ghanaians on Nairaland. Admit you are Ghanaian and stop patronising folks with your transparently one-sided judgements . "Ignorance, Pompousness and Arrogance is the order of the day when it comes to most Nigerians!" yet Ghanaians are virtuous Saints ? Not so ?

Well, I haven't been on this board for that long but have realised that anything Ghana on this board irks you Gbawe, and you're always on it like a flea, and that is despicable to say the least. Look, Mr., Ghanaians are enforcing their law and that regulation is not perculiar to Nigerians alone. It behoves all foreigners on that land to adhere to that regulation and that include personnel from the ECOWAS states. If you perceive Nigerians are being victimised then am sorry, as I said earlier, you must be living on cloud-cuckoo-land! Stop being delusional and realise that that law applies to other nationals as well.

Yes , because I know , first hand , what is actually going on in Ghana. I have lived in the UK for decades . I thoroughly abhor discrimination. There is a lot of discrimination going on in Ghana against Nigerians wether you wan't to admit it or not. It is not even subtle. Speaking up constantly against events in Ghana , unfairly targeting Nigerians , is no different to being like a pro-equality campaigner who is always at every protest march against racism, bigotry and intolerance. You can keep lying that "Ghanaians are enforcing their law and that regulation is not perculiar to Nigerians alone." to those who don't know what is actually on the ground. I don't have time to educate someone who seems to be advocating that a member state of a trading bloc should violate homogenous trading laws they signed to abide by . ECOWAS has spoken against what Ghana is doing . No less than the Ghanaian executive Secretary of ECOWAS critcised Ghana's behaviour over this $300,000 levy against members of ECOWAS. That is why I say most of you guys have no integrity. You seem to be shortsightedly encouraging illegality and arbitrary rejection of set laws because it suits your position today.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5593:ghana-classifies-ecowas-citizens-as-expatriates&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Ghana classifies ECOWAS citizens as expatriates

Already, member countries like Nigeria, Togo and the Republic Of Benin have frowned over the move, stressing that the latest pronouncement will shut their nationals out of business.
At the event, ECOWAS executive secretary, Ibn Chambas, carpeted Ghana for such intentions, arguing that the country was not willing to reintegrate into the sub-regional market. He enjoined the authorities to consider a review of the said investment promotion council, describing it as anti-ECOWAS that will not be to the interest of member countries.

What you write below is laughable.

On the subject of the BRT scheme and asking whether I even know about that programme smarks mischief. It  sparks arrogance from you. How long has the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme (called Bus Lanes and Bus garages in London) in existence for in London? There's a saying that 'Ideas are Like Kids' Its never unique in it sense, bros! So did you copy that BRT idea from somewhere else?  Now get a grip my bruv. . . I even shy 4 u bringing this BRT scheme into this rebuttal. Could you name me any official that might have come to Lagos to copy that BRT scheme idea from Fashola?  That programme is very prevalent in Europe so I wonder how you arrived at that conclusion. . .

My friend all this one na story. To you, BRT may be a glorified bus lane . That would be no different to how a Ghanaian , in trying to belittle the success of Nigerian eatery chains in Ghana, argued on Nairaland that Mr.Biggs and Chicken Republic are mere "chicken joints" until I showed him that KFC too is a "mere Chicken joint" worth far more than most of Ghana's biggest Industrial giants !!! Ghanaian officials came to understudy BRT and they were impressed enough to say they will replicate it within two years in Ghana !! That is what matters in this arguement . They are also looking at the operation and structure of LAMATA - the agency that runs the BRT scheme in Nigeria. Did I fabricate the visit of the Ghanaian contingent? Is that not proof that Ghanaian officials learn from Fashola ? You claim Nigerians are arrogant yet you think you and other Ghanaians are not being arrogant by writing as if you can never have anything to learn from Nigeria/Nigerians when , in reality , you are always learning from Nigeria/Nigerians , to include Nollywood and the music industry,  even as  you deliberately fail to acknowledge this ? Ghanaians are not at all guilty of ignorant arrogance when they write , without any investigation, to insinuate that Nigeria does not have an investment promotion body? You use "arrogant" regularly in tagging Nigerians . Nigerians also now use "ingratitude" , "hostility" and "lack of grace" in tagging Ghanaians . Go figure .

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2010
@Abrantie, before you gloat over the recent incidents of cholera in Nigeria (roughly 800 out of a population of over 140 million) let me remind you that Ghana has an outbreak just two years ago and it spanned into 2009 (just last years). Some of you Ghanaians really think you sh8t doesn't stink. That annoys me the most about some Ghanaians I have met.

http://www.afriquejet.com/news/africa-news/ghana:-cholera-kills-25-in-ghana-2009020521233.html
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by farochron(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2010
We are just blaming our government. Are we also not practicing the same thing with our government. During the last world cup we were busy celebrating Ghanaians victory over other nations while Ghana was celebrating our loss. You should have been in Accra during the world cup to see how Ghanaians were curious to see us out of the world cup. They are simply jealous of our achievements.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2010
@Abrantie, Ghana sent a delegation of 33 officials to Lamata in Lagos to understudy the BRT.

They took photos of themselves there, so its not a fabrication at all.

http://www.lamata-ng.com/newsreader65.html

You are correct, other nations have BRT etc, but they did not visit London or S.A to understudy them did they? They came to Nigeria. The only reason you want to be otherwise is that you arrogantly believe (along with many other Ghanaians) that you can never learn anything good from a Nigerian, because you believe us to be inherently beneath you, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2010
@farochron, its not just an issue of jealousy, it is much more an issue of pure hatred.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2010
@Gbawe

Loool. . . You just cracked me up with all the brouhaha you spewed. Every bit of what i wrote is very true! Well, I wrote am not full Ghanaian or Nigerian as I've got other groupings in me. . . so whats your problem with that? So any other person who's objective enough to rebuke the negative vibes from 9ja is a Ghanaian? What do you think caused the xenophobic quandary in Sud Africa against mostly Nigerians? That negative traits that inherents most Nigerians caused that! Try as much as you want to shy away from that truth but most Nigerians and that traits are like pregnancy, not matter how you try to conceal it, it shall surley rear its ugly head!

I remeber about 5 years ago in the UK when I was a new recruit in a certain company. My line manager and 2 colleagues came upto asked where I was from. They said they couldn't make me out cos I looked a bit different. Immediately I mentioned my origin, they were like oh thats why you behave and look different. It was then  they told me they had worked with some Nigerians and they were loud mouthed, aggressive and all that! I had to correct them not associate such traits with all Nigerians. So you see most Nigerians lay their own bed and they obviously got to sleep in int! Don't act as the ostrich, mate.

Did you just write Ghanaians are ingrates? Well, I could care less about that! But hey, from where i stand that isn't the case. Ghanaians are definitely appreciative of things and if anything, its the other way round.

Now, what you wrote about the BRT programme is awfully laughable!! As i said earlie, Ideas are like kids, every parent to his/her own. Whats all the fuss about the KFC and the Investment Promotion Body stuff? Well, those were never mentioned in my rebuttal, so where you plucked that from, i wonder!
Could you mention to us any Ghana government official that sought the BRT idea from Fashola? I was wondering where Fashola got the BRT idea from, oh was it from the UK, Germany Swiss or probably France?   Ideas are like Viruses, my friend, IDEAS ARE LIKE VIRUSES!  Even if Ghanaian officials came to understudy that project, was it a taboo? I guess not! And what has that got to do with Ghanaians enforcing their regulations?

BTW, I have got better things to do with my time so am not coming back on this topic. . .   Have a good day!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2010
You mean to tell us Ghana government solicit ideas from Fashola? Loool. . . you must be living in cloud cuckoo-land!

@Africason, the above is what you wrote, in that arrogant "as if we would stoop so low" attutude. So you are provided with the evidence, simple.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe left Ghana back to UK, of all places, due to Ghana's racism? You don't make an iota of sense.

@ Londoner, Nigeria did not invent BRT so why are you thumping your chest? Since y'all like the acronym "ECOWAS" so much, Ghana is part of ECOWAS and has the right to foster trade, partnership and learn from her neighbors. What's wrong with that? Furthermore, it's cheaper for poor little Ghana to fly to Lagos instead of London. That's called fiscal responsibility -- an idea which evades your greedy rulers and citizens alike.

So 25 people died of cholera two years ago in our "not-so-great" or "dwarf-of-Africa" (I made that up) or "insignificant" Ghana, so why should anyone be surprised?

Some Nigerians in Ghana, if not most, have a chip on their shoulders. Couple that with Nigeria's worldwide notoriety with crime, Gbawe, you shouldn't expect us to just roll out the red carpet for you. I'm noticing this afformentioned arrogance first hand. For example about 3 days ago, I was taking a stroll in Dzorwulu (a suburb of Accra) and heard loud screeching tires. I turned around saw an orange Dodge Charger with Lagos license plates driving recklessly, up and down the neighborhood and main street, spinning tires and kicking dust all over the place. The driver had absolutely no regard for fellow motorists or pedestrians and could have easily caused an accident. I guess he thinks Ghanaians are envious of his ill-gotten car or lawless Lagos, the so-called "Center of Excellence" (really, it is inscribed on the licence plate) LOL!  This example is a microcosm of the general attitudes of Nigerians towards Ghanaians -- "Wheeeee look at us, although we are disorganized and can't get anything right, we are better than Ghana,  wheeeeee".

Gbawe, Londoner and co, please spare us your diatribes and platitudes.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
@Abrantie, who here is saying Nigeria invented the BRT?

No one even suggested such. The point is that Africason made a statement that Ghana would never go and understudy Fashola. They did, and he was given the evidence, end of story.

Trying to falsely suggest that anyone here said Nigeria invented the BRT is absolute nonesense. It was about the sentiment that Ghana is just too superior to Nigeria to learn anything from us.

The point is Abrantie, you sited cholera as an indication that Nigeria is poor and ravaged. fine. But the same happened in your own country as late as 2009, which just last year. So why would people in glass houses through such stones? Ghanaians love to pretend their excreta doesn't stink, when near enough everything they mention to badmouth Nigeria happens on some scale in Ghana.

You were probably in blissful ignorance about your own cholera outbreak when you made that pompous statement. You do it all the time, then when evidence is given to you in black and white you retreat and back peedle away from your original sentiment.

Instead of coming to Nairaland to complain about the Nigerians you encounter in Ghana, go up and tell it them the next time they screetch past you in their hummer in Ghana.

Spare us here your whining drivel
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2010
@Abrantie, you wrote:

Nigeria, your people are dying of cholera. A disease which is an indicator of extreme poverty and lack of sanitation accumen of a country. Please first open up sanition supplies stores in Nigeria. Then after you're successful, come to Ghana with $300K.  

So you are saying that the above applies to Ghana also right? Lets see which excuses you will now make.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

Gbawe left Ghana back to UK, of all places, due to Ghana's racism? You don't make an iota of sense.

Why would it make sense to you when you deal with conjecture rather than facts? My entire family all have Dual nationalities . I was born in the UK but raised in Nigeria till my late teens (when I departed for the UK) . My wife was born and raised in the UK and all my kids were born in the UK so please refrain from talking as if I have "gone back" to a place that is actually my home (the UK) as much as Nigeria . I have never stated that I deliberately wanted to live in Ghana . I am not a braggart like you but I have done Okay and own several homes in the UK , Ghana and Nigeria as a fairly succesful businessman. My connection to Ghana is through my wife , a successful proffesional , who happens to be from Ghana.

If you are exposed enough to note how succesful young Africans in the West are now thinking , especially if they have young children, you will realise that migration to Africa , after proffessonal success in the West, is now becoming popular . You can consolidate on success already achieved, help develop Africa with your expertise/specialist skills plus raise your kids with the doctrine of respect for others and security in their African origin which they may not gain if they are brought up entirely in the West. We have always planned to live between the UK , Ghana, and Nigeria because those places are a combination of where we all all from and to give our kids the sophisticated and urbane outlook often gained from regular travel and an exposure to various societies. We don't want intolerant kids who will look down on others because they lack exposure same as some children of African origin raised entirely in the UK have no strong African identity or a genuine awareness that Africans are not undignified tree-dwellers !!! It is a measure of how we view Ghana that we have now decided it is not a place even worth vacationing in , currently, if you have any connection to Nigeria. I go there now and then to attend to our business interest but my wife avoids the place completely. She is totally scarred by the open and unchecked xenophobia against Nigeria and Liberians in Ghana juxtaposed with the fawning adulation of anyone with fairskin eg the Lebanese, Indians, Caucasians, Chinese etc .

You are in Ghana . You know what I am talking about. Stop playing to the Gallery on the internet because such duplicity is what is making intolerance worse in your Country .

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2010
@Gbawe, every time I read of you and your family's experience in Ghana, it makes me more resolute not to move there to live with my Ghanaian partner, when we get married. It is causing issues, but I cant bring myself to do it.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2010
lmao! Abrantie charlley!
Abrantie, wakasa paa, b33ma nyansas3m nkoaa na woka, medaase
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Litmus: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2010
Make una leave the people them country alone, god!  shocked

I'm all for travelling, after all why shouldn't Nigerians travel wherever they want. The Indians do it, the Chinese and most enterprising people  like these. And yet, I mean we have our people in Ghana, they may be ingrained and so we have to  sympathise with their plight and condemn unfair actions and practises against  them but Ghana is well Ghana. Nigerians should stay away from that country.Leave them alone.

Travel to South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia - we may meet with prejudice in East and south Africa since this sort of thing can unfortunately become fashionable - but these places are probably worth persevering with. There is nothing in West Africa not already in nigeria. Forget Ghana.

plus find an Ethiopian wife if you must marry outside of your tribe, state, Nation - it may be just one look that they have but at least it is a good looking one look cool
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

Why would it make sense to you when you deal with conjecture rather than facts? My entire family all have Dual nationalities  . I was born in the UK but raised in Nigeria till my late teens (when I departed for the UK) . My wife was born and raised in the UK and all my kids were born in the UK so please refrain from talking as if I have "gone back" to a place that is actually my home (the UK) as much as Nigeria .  I have never stated that I deliberately wanted to live in Ghana . I am not a braggart like you but I have done Okay and own several homes in the UK , Ghana and Nigeria as a fairly succesful businessman. My connection to Ghana is through my wife , a successful proffesional ,  who happens to be from Ghana.

If you are exposed enough to note how succesful young Africans in the West are now thinking , especially if they have young children,  you will realise that migration to Africa , after proffessonal success in the West, is now becoming popular . You can consolidate on success already achieved, help develop Africa with your expertise/specialist skills plus raise your kids with the doctrine of respect for others and security in their African origin which they may not gain if they are brought up entirely in the West. We have always planned to live between the UK , Ghana, and Nigeria because those places are a combination of where we all all from and to give our kids the sophisticated and urbane outlook often gained from regular travel and an exposure to various societies. We don't want intolerant kids who will look down on others because they lack exposure same as some children of African origin raised entirely in the UK have no strong African identity or a genuine awareness that Africans are not undignified tree-dwellers !!! It is a measure of how we view Ghana that we have now decided it is not a place even worth vacationing in , currently, if you have any connection to Nigeria. I go there now and then to attend to our business interest but my wife avoids the place completely.  She is totally scarred by the open and unchecked xenophobia against Nigeria and Liberians in Ghana juxtaposed with the fawning adulation of anyone with fairskin eg the Lebanese, Indians, Caucasians, Chinese etc .

You are in Ghana . You know what I am talking about. Stop playing to the Gallery on the internet because such duplicity is what is making intolerance worse in your Country .

You claim not to be a braggart but then goes on to tell us about your several homes, businesses, well educated and professional Ghana wife (whose poo doesn't stink) while travelling on multiple continents with very well-behaved, sophisticated and model British-born African children, who enjoy banku, eba, fish-n-chips and high tea ,  all on the same plate. Awww, how sweet. You're so modest.

Let me say this: your Ghanaian wife is a clueless stuck up b!tch who thinks she's too good for her own people. Apparently y'all also too good to live in Nigeria WITH Nigerians, your people, whom you claim treat you better. Meh, the Gbawe family is a pompous and whiney bunch.

I wonder what type of business, such a hateful person, would want to run in a country they so much despise? Gbawe, I can deduce that you are a sissy. A man who is easily hurt and cries. I can tell your Ghanaian wife wears the pants in the family. She says, you follow. That Ghana kitty was laid on you real good. You don't know whether you're coming or going. Man up!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2010
londoner:

@Gbawe, every time I read of you and your family's experience in Ghana, it makes me more resolute not to move there to live with my Ghanaian partner, when we get married. It is causing issues, but I cant bring myself to do it.

My Sister it will be very difficult for now . don't listen to these clowns online with their lies and deciet . If this forum has the facilities , contact me and I will put you in touch with my wife . She was born and bred in the UK as I read you were . She is from a very prominent family in Ghana . Yet she has shunned almost all members (including her mother) of her family  , except for the younger generation most of who live in the UK anyway,  because of how they have made it an " us or Anago" choice. That is the primordial wickedness you will face . Folks who hate and want to frustrate you merely because of where you are from. Even when they have known you for years , to note you are decent, successful , ethical and good for their child,  that will still not abate the hate in their heart for Nigerians. She is not alone . Many of her Ghanaian friends are in the same boat. One of her friend is the daughter of a former Ghanaian MP. When she and my wife were at Uni in the UK, this girl met a Nigerian guy she was crazy about. Her dad, the former MP , told her "take the relationship further and I will disown you". You Remember Abrantie talking about his Nigerian wife derogatorily in the clearest example that , for some folks , the hatred of Nigerians is constant? In the end I will simply advise you to ensure , first and foremost, that your boyfriend has a good and ethically unpright family .

Abrantie, the discredited liar and hater , is typical of hateful Ghanaians with his silly examples like that of an isolate Nigerian boy-racer . I drive and always see other Nigerians driving in Accra in a fashion as law abidding as anyone else !!! He should confess that it is their nice car he envies because that is what gives vent to this his rant "I guess he thinks Ghanaians are envious of his ill-gotten car". shocked shocked Once again the ugly and tired cliche that Nigerians with nice things are drug dealers, 41.9ners ,etc . That level of petty and trivial insult of your person is what you will face almost daily .

If Abrantie wants a real example I will give him one like the Architect I paid to construct our house who kept frustrating us and damaging the project's time estimation and schedule . It was his site foreman , who liked me because I had gotten him a nice mobile on a trip to London,  that confessed to me that the Architect is miffed with how so many Nigerians are coming to Ghana and building nice homes !!! He would tell them to lie he was out anytime I called . When I left for Nigeria or the UK , he would direct every worker to leave my site , to move elsewhere, when he had being paid in full for complete stages !!!! I would comeback to meet extreme dissapointment. This wen't on till we fell out totally and I had to fire him.

No Nigerian loved Ghana more than Dele Momodu but even the Ovation boss has seen Ghana change enough to the extent he has written articles warning about growing xenophobia against Nigerians and their interest in Ghana . Mr.Momodu now spends most of his time in Nigeria , unlike in the past, when he was virtually always in Ghana. His warning , as far back as 2006-2007, for Ghanaians to curb xenophobia went unheeded. Now Ghanaians casually display their dislike for everything Nigerian carelessly . The radio broadcaster, or TV host who should remain proffessional neutral now emotionally rant against Nigerians on air !!! I was in Ghana when Nigeria lost the U17 final last year to Switzerland . A Ghanaian commentator shocked me when , lost in silly euphoria, he unproffesionally announced that "I am happy the Swiss boys won because it is good for football since we all know the unspoken truth about the age of the Nigerians"  shocked shocked shocked !!!!! Even if you think it , what would make you sink to the level of unprofessionalism that sees you accusing Nigeria of age cheating on live TV, when most Africans age cheat if not a deep dislike you could not control?

The insincerity of folks like Abrantie is what you will have to deal with daily . At least Nigerians , in most cases , speak their mind. Things may improve in future ,because thing were not always like this, but try and keep your options open before you commit totally to moving with Ghana with your partner . I did the same and I regret it . My wife is much happier being out of Ghana . She won't even visit unless she has to while I , despite all I have experienced , still have no problem visiting Accra for a a few weeks to oversee how business endeavours in Ghana. Your relationship may not survive the casual xenophobia now being rampantly encouraged in Ghana by those who should know better. When I started visisting Ghana circa ten years ago , I can confirm that things were much better back then . That was what prompted me to invest in business and Property in Ghana. Many Nigerians began going to Ghana to invest. I will admit that this influx must have seemed intimidating to many Ghanaians but the reaction to it was wrong.

The Ghanaian Government should have embarked on a long overdue program , similar to business link in the UK, to train Ghanaians to identify business opportunities and assist them with business start-up training/financing so that Ghanaians can recognise and take advantage of the opportunities available locally rather than watching on the sideline in envy as the "invader take over everything" . You don't pander to indolence through xenophobia and shameful protectionism instead of actually addressing the root cause of why Ghanaians fail to utilise even the most basic of opportunities !!! The funny thing is that Ghanaians are now so distracted with Nigerian that they can't see ,or perhaps they welcome the domination of Ghana by non-Africans. I will not bring my kids to Africa only so they can feel second class to white skin as can obtain the UK. That is what you will get in Ghana right now i.e fawning subservience to the white man and obdurate hostility towards Nigerians and Liberians. Many successfully diasporan deliberately move back to Africa so that their kids can be proud of their African origin. Most would reject Ghana on that basis alone . The deference to white skin is ridiculous and bizaare !!! Now loads of perverts and paedophiles from the West are flocking to Ghana for sex tourism that does not spare innocent children while everyone focuses solely on those "devilish" Nigerians .

Liedetect said it correctly when he wrote;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487936.128.html

Then you have the Oyibo element. They, Ghana people, have a deep Uncle Tom complex. Given half the chance their country would be a meritocracy in which the highest merit is bestowed on the person with the lightest colour. In this environment, the Oyibo, Asian etc have found their Idaho.

In Nigeria, a part of what some people call corruption, is the act of Nigerians playing Oyibo at their own game. The White investor at work or play would love to associate most with his own kind; he would dearly love the beach all to himself and his own kind, same with business if he can help it. He, Oyibo investor, would prefer to have lunch with the Oyibo owners of the exploitative enterprises in the generic African town. He, Oyibo, dose not want to be in a place where the uppity Black person thinks of himself as his equal. He dose not want to rub shoulders with the natives if he can help it. In Africa, increasingly, he cannot help it. However, in Ghana he can.  The Oyibo finds in Ghana more of the type of world he wants. He also has a nation full of docile people who can’t compete. In addition, to sweeten the Ghanaman, he gives him what he craves. He gives the Ghanaman handouts and praises. He tells him that he is a good little African unlike those Nigerians.

All in all, the sensible Ghanaians know that Ghana has its own problems not caused by Nigeria/Nigerians. Those folks are better off telling the likes of Abrantie to confront those issues rather than boring Nigerians , on their own forum, about our "arrogance and bragadocio".
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2010
Dear Gawd. . . . Like seriously, Gbawe talks too much sometimes.
Nitori kini?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nitori kini?

Doesn't he?

I think he needs professional help. Gbawe has family problems just like millions or billions of people in this world. Even intra-citizen, intra-race, intra-tribal or intra-faith marriages often meet family resistance, so how much more being married outside your "zone"? He thinks he's such a swell, intelligent and successful Nigerian so mumu Ghanaians should rejoice by his mere presence. Why? because he and his wife are UK-born Africans? Nonsense! Londoner has the same problem. I'm now begining to understand why they're both quick to jump on the Ghana-hating bandwagon. When one marries an African, one gets married to the whole family. If for some reason their new extended family doesn't approve of the marriage, the man should take it like a man and continue doing his thing!

Btw, I'm not married to a Nigerian. I don't know where Gbawe got that from.

Gbawe, take your so-called wealth out of Ghana, and live happily ever after in UK or Nigeria. Why is that so difficult for you to do? Is it because you feel Ghana owes you something? If so what is it?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2010
otumfour:

lmao! Abrantie charlley!
Abrantie, wakasa paa, b33ma nyansas3m nkoaa na woka, medaase

Akora wei onye correct kuraa. Wa bodam.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

You claim not to be a braggart but then goes on to tell us about your several homes, businesses, well educated and professional Ghana wife (whose poo doesn't stink) while travelling on multiple continents with very well-behaved, sophisticated and model British-born African children, who enjoy banku, eba, fish-n-chips and high tea ,  all on the same plate. Awww, how sweet. You're so modest.

What I write is an admission of the truth to give background information that counter your ridiculous insinuation that started when you ask earlier "why am I still in Ghana" and continues when you state "Gbawe left Ghana back to UK, of all places, due to Ghana's racism? You don't make an iota of sense."

Clearly you are infering that Nigerians knock Ghana yet stay there and you continue to write as if all Nigerias are hungry refugees seeking the 'gold' that is abundant on the streets of Ghana you think they cannot get elsewhere. I was obliged to provide factual information to show you that (1) me and my wife are not needy (2) we have several homes and are thus not desperate or limited to residing in Ghana and (3) even if you will insult Nigeria I showed , with citing the issue of dual citizenship, that we are aso citizens of a nation (the UK) many cannot argue is not far more developed than Ghana since many of you Ghanaians think that every Nigerian who comes to Ghana is a desperado with no viable choice but Ghana or Nigeria.

In any case you are a fine one to talk about bragging when you claimed to be "doing great things in Nigeria" . Remember? You further stated, like a child ,  that you had bedded many Nigerian "so called" high society ladies" . Not so ? Did you not also brag that you made your Nigerian partner the successful proffessional she was by sending her to school , blah , blah,blah . Unlike you I don't demean my wife . Stating she is a successful proffesional is not to impress anyone but simply to show that she has her own money and that as a family we have choices with two decent income.

My man you are the braggart because you state info when it is not required . Everything I have stated are facts rquired to show ill-exposed folks like you that there are Nigerian folks who can speak objectively about Ghana because they are not motivated by envy or any other sentiments aside from a desire for equity and fair treatment for all. The net is now the social lounge of all of humanity . There will be folks here who are fairly okay and successful. Do you wan't them to lie when they must mention certain facts as per the relevance to current discussion? I guess ill-exposed haters like you don't get the concept that cyberspace is not utilised by jobless , frustrated losers and haters alone.

Let me say this: your Ghanaian wife is a clueless stuck up b!tch who thinks she's too good for her own people. Apparently y'all also too good to live in Nigeria WITH Nigerians, your people, whom you claim treat you better. Meh, the Gbawe family is a pompous and whiney bunch.

Typical Ghanaian hater . Always over -emotional and quick to resort to rudeness and ungracious vitriol. That is why most Ghanaian websites are an ode to the most foul-mouthed and abusive tirade on the net. Have you considered that my wife just hates discrimination passionately because she has grown up in a nation where her generation , mainly children of immigrants who came from different parts of the world , were able to thrive in cosmopolitan Cities? How do you expect her to view what is going on in Ghana when she has grown up with many, many Nigerian friends only to then see how they are resented in her Country of origin?

She feels shame at the behaviour of some Ghanaians and rightfully so especially as she experiences nothing but decency and unconditional acceptance from Nigerians !!!Instead of dissipating energy on foul-mouthed rants you are off better off addressing the hatred in the heart of you and your fellow Ghanaians that is making your nation unatractive to some folks . My wife has never thought she is "too good for her own people" and you demonstrate hateful ignorance with how do not understand that she is not duty-bound to love Ghana , because that is her Country of origin, when she sees openly ugly and xenophobic behaviour her entire immediate family may fall victim to  . It is like ridiculously expecting a decent white person to be pals with their ku klux klan relatives !!!!!

I wonder what type of business, such a hateful person, would want to run in a country they so much despise? Gbawe, I can deduce that you are a sissy. A man who is easily hurt and cries.

Firstly, I don't despise Ghana but I do dislike the increasing xenophobia everyone is pandering to rather than speaking against . This especially goes for those who should be more balanced and fair-minded as per being more knowledgeable and fairly more well-exposed than the average Ghanaian.
Secondly , those who really despise Ghanaians are in your Country doing business . They are of the fair skinned variety. If they are running profitable businesses in Ghana then this your statement , even as I don't actually hate Ghanaians, is oxymoronic "what type of business, such a hateful person, would want to run in a country they so much despise  ". Get it into your head that some folks can hate discrimination, xenophobia, bigotry, passionately . That does not mean they hate the perpetrators . For the most part , I feel sorry for most Ghanaians . Especially those with little education or real world exposure being egged on to see others as the cause of their woes by the fairly educated , yet hateful guys like yourself, when  terrible leadership is the culprit for the poverty of Africans. Did one of your buddies not say that 3 out of 5 armed robbery in Ghana is commited by Nigerians , in an attempt to whip up negative sentiments against Nigerians, when you and  know this is not true? I spend months in Ghana sometimes and buy two newspapers everyday . It is mainly Ghanaians , and young ones for that matter , that are shown on the front pages for robbery virtually everytime !!!! Yet rather than blame unemployment , and the type of woeful policies that prevent new jobs being available in the Government sector for young Ghanaian graduates till 2013 , it is convienient to lie against Nigerians .

I can tell your Ghanaian wife wears the pants in the family. She says, you follow. That Ghana kitty was laid on you real good. You don't know whether you're coming or going. Man up

If you sleep better thinking as you do above , I urge you to continue sinc good sleep is important. When I don't insult my wife casually in cyberspace (as you do) and when I respect her opinion the new description for that , according to nearnderthals like you, is that she "wears the pants in the family"  grin grin What else will you advocate next ? That I give her a few slaps now and then to keep her in check and show her who is boss?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nitori kini?

Your postings make me think you are young, immature and ideologically fickle. To that end I would not expect you to understand that some folks are passionate about fundamental issues affecting humanity. I would consider Londoner a cyber pal . The issues she faces are fairly serious and no talk can be too much if she gains more insight with information that may be useful to her.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

Your postings make me think you are young, immature and ideologically fickle. To that end I would not expect you to understand that some folks are passionate about fundamental issues affecting humanity. I would consider Londoner a cyber pal . The issues she faces are fairly serious and no talk can be too much if she gains more insight with information that may be useful to her.
LOL Oya no vex. shocked
I see your passion for Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Oya no vex. shocked
I see your passion for Ghana.

I have no "passion for Ghana" . I simply despise discrimination and bigotry. No more no less. Hopefully , one day , you will understand how dangerous and inherently wrong discrimination is. Those who lost their lives to unchecked xenophobia in South Africa would be very passionate about discrimination if they were alive today.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

I have no "passion for Ghana" . I simply despise discrimination and bigotry. No more no less. Hopefully , one day , you will understand how dangerous and inherently wrong discrimination is. Those who lost their lives to unchecked xenophobia in South Africa would be very passionate about discrimination if they were alive today.
Did I any way said that I didnt understand your plight against Ghana?
I just said you "talk type too much". . . . anywaz, keep doing you.
Back to topic
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2010
@gbawe, thanks for the advice, but I have already decided that I will not live in Ghana under any circumstance. I would rather leave the man I love then live in a society which is hundreds of years behind the one I am in now, when it comes to xenophobia and shadism. I am very patriotic and also have a low tolerance for their type of attitude.

To be honest, it could really end our relationship because its not something I cant compromise on. I must say though, his family are fine and his close friends, but its the wider society. I can never feel like I belong there or that its home.

Its funny what you say about Dele. I used to buy Ovation all the time when it first came out, but I noticed that when he was moving to Ghana (which made good business sense), He bad mouthed Nigeria on an interview he gave. From that very day I never bought another magazine of his. I also said to myself, that Ghanaians will soon show him what they really feel. They have done just that.

Also the whole oyibo worship that goes on in Ghana is pathetic. I was quite ashamed when I was there. It happens in Nigeria too, but they tend to react to money rather than race.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2010
shocked shocked shocked like foreal did gbawe type all of tht?, bring in his family issues and all tht?
Has it gotten to this?, mr.gbawe I bet u are a fine man but pls sake of ur wife tone it down abeg, I bet she doesn' know abt all this, am like foreal? cuz reading from ur posts this is some other level of anger lol, take ur time ooo bros cuz u no be ''captain nija''  grin while u hear spittin' all this, Nigerians dey GH. dey enjoy, I ain' even gonna try and defend lol cuz it ain' true, all am saying is enuf abt ur family issues mahn, its a public forum , I see u luv GH. and GH luvz naija, lets luv mahn,

Ileke-idi wink,

Abrantie, m3mboa nokraa op3 Ghana ns3m too much lol, u can tell
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2010
londoner:

@gbawe, thanks for the advice, but I have already decided that I will not live in Ghana under any circumstance. I would rather leave the man I love then live in a society which is hundreds of years behind the one I am in now, when it comes to xenophobia and shadism. I am very patriotic and also have a low tolerance for their type of attitude.

To be honest, it could really end our relationship because its not something I cant compromise on. I must say though, his family are fine and his close friends, but its the wider society. I can never feel like I belong there or that its home.

Its funny what you say about Dele. I used to buy Ovation all the time when it first came out, but I noticed that when he was moving to Ghana (which made good business sense), He bad mouthed Nigeria on an interview he gave. From that very day I never bought another magazine of his. I also said to myself, that Ghanaians will soon show him what they really feel. They have done just that.

Also the whole oyibo worship that goes on in Ghana is pathetic. I was quite ashamed when I was there. It happens in Nigeria too, but they tend to react to money rather than race.

@ Londoner,

Oh Lawd!! Sista you making this dude called Gbawe get into your head?! If you could allow him to manipulate you over your love life then am sorry but you being fickle minded! Have you tasted whats on the ground?

Listen, i've been to Ghana several times and there're law abiding Nigerians in Ghana doing great and being appreciated by loads of Ghanaians. Let me tell you something. About 3 years ago, I visited Ghana with my fiancee, a British born Nigerian. We were attacked by armed robbers around 1am one fateful night and guess what? Their leader was a Nigerian! Though they had some Ghanaian folks in the group. These guys came with machetes and axes and they ordered us open the doors or they were gona break and 'deal with us'.

The guy had a strong Nigerian accent, smoking weed, was topless and only had towel around his neck, sweating profusely like a pregnant pig!

These are some of the Nigerian guys that give the country a bad name. Many Nigerians don't when abroad indulges in all sort of vices that tarnish the image of the country. Did you think Sud Africa turned xenophobic against Nigerians overnight? Thats exactly whats happening in Ghana. . .  the bad apples spoil the good ones. Ghanaians at first were very much receptive towards Nigerians but it all started to changed when almost every bad incident in Ghana had Nigerian face in it. There were at times that almost every armed robbery gang caught by the police had Nigerians in it.

Ghanaians just got tired of Nigerians there and then! Sista, don't make the drivel that Gbawe spew put you off. At least you know your man better! He's still married to a Ghanaian, abi? I mdean Gbawe, isn't he still married to a Ghanaian?  lipsrsealed
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2010
@Gbawe

thanks for all the info,

you are very right, my mum was born and raised in Ghana but of recent i noticed her seeming lack of enthusiasm to visit the country,

Dunno, maybe this is one of her reasons. sad

Ileke-IdI:

I just said you "talk type too much". . . . anywaz, keep doing you.

That is if what he says dosent make sense

Really didnt know when i finished reading all his posts because they are genuine are reflective of what is currently happening in that country,

Maybe they go dey even ask for visa few years from now!!! cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2010
Africason:

@ Londoner,

Oh Lawd!! Sista you making this dude called Gbawe get into your head?! If you could allow him to manipulate you over your love life then am sorry but you being fickle minded! Have you tasted whats on the ground?

Listen, i've been to Ghana several times and there're law abiding Nigerians in Ghana doing great and being appreciated by loads of Ghanaians. Let me tell you something. About 3 years ago, I visited Ghana with my fiancee, a British born Nigerian.

So you mean Glo is not law abiding thats why Ghanaians have taken the law into their hands to destroy their infrastructures

Africason:

We were attacked by armed robbers around 1am one fateful night and guess what? Their leader was a Nigerian! Though they had some Ghanaian folks in the group. These guys came with machetes and axes and they ordered us open the doors or they were gona break and 'deal with us'.

The guy had a strong Nigerian accent, smoking weed, was topless and only had towel around his neck, sweating profusely like a pregnant pig!

Oh!, thanks for the eye opener, i see where your hate is stemming from! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Is There A Work-at-home (online Job) Opportunities In Nigeria / My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.