Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,309 members, 7,900,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24700 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2010
mdsocks:

@Gbawe

thanks for all the info,

you are very right, my mum was born and raised in Ghana but of recent i noticed her seeming lack of enthusiasm to visit the country,

Dunno, maybe this is one of her reasons. sad

That is if what he says dosent make sense

Really didnt know when i finished reading all his posts because they are genuine are reflective of what is currently happening in that country,
Maybe they go dey even ask for visa few years from now!!! cheesy

Thanks bruv. In the end using real examples is important. I don't hide anything and try to be as honest as possible because my own experience can actually be informative to others . I will stand up to defend Nigerians anytime as most patriotic Nigerians have done . These guys (especially Abrantie) are all decietful liars who never speak the truth. Prominent Nigerians are always taking to radio to defend outrightly false allegation against Nigerians !!!! I am alway in that position also. Ghana is full of petty minded folks who prefer to judge others on stereotypes than make an attempt to know the individual.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2010
mdsocks:

So you mean Glo is not law abiding thats why Ghanaians have taken the law into their hands to destroy their infrastructures

This is why I consider all these guys decietful. They will never speak against the many genuine cases of discrimination against Nigerians in Ghana. How many Ghanaians in cyerspace , till date, have actually condemned what Glo has gone through ? They will , like Africanson , pretend Nigerians are not targeted especially and later on , as they post more they start giving dubious reasons for why Ghanaians hate Nigerians as Africanson does with his silly tale of being robbed by a Nigerian !!! So much for his pretence and eventual capitulation.

Oh!, thanks for the eye opener, i see where your hate is stemming from! angry

My brother , don't believe the lies. Over 90% of the armed robbery in Ghana are committed by Ghanaians . Youth unemployment is disheartening in Ghana. I give real examples because I am real . Tell anyone you know in Ghana to go to Odo Rise, Around Circle , Central Accra anytime in the daytime to see teeming number of Youth hawking phones and hanging around idly. I was told that you dare not cross any of the overhead bridge around that area late at night because you would be robbed at knife point by all these unemployed young men. Yet Ghanaians like Africason would have us believe Nigerians have the exclusive franchise of crime in Ghana whenthis is very far from the truth. Folks like Africanson don't deal with facts and real statistics . They fabricate their own figures all the time. I challenge anyone to buy the Graphic newspaper and daily Guide for one month. There is crime stories on the front pages on most days. Collate the data and show how many involved Nigerian to back up the ridiculous assertion that Nigerins commit all the robberies in Ghana . As if Ghanaians are saints. in Ghana everyone knows Black Rasta . A radio DJ/social commetator and about the only Ghanaian who speaks the truth. The man will admit it is unemployed youth mainly commiting crime in Ghana and not Nigerians as is mythically rumoured.

Below is the typical deciet of Ghanaians I always expose here;

Did you think Sud Africa turned xenophobic against Nigerians overnight? Thats exactly whats happening in Ghana. . .  the bad apples spoil the good ones. Ghanaians at first were very much receptive towards Nigerians but it all started to changed when almost every bad incident in Ghana had Nigerian face in it. There were at times that almost every armed robbery gang caught by the police had Nigerians in it.

Ghanaians just got tired of Nigerians there and then

Africason spent most of this thread trying to patronise us that Nigerians are not especially targeted in Ghana. Eventually he shows his real hand and the actual content of his mind by stating why Ghanaians got "tired of Nigerians" . Arrant nonsense !! Those who know Ghana well will tell you it is good old xenophobia based on seeing other Africans coming to do better than you on your own soil. They cannot hate the Lebanese and co because , to Ghanaians, white skin is superior and they must therefore never resent anyone with white skin even if they make fortunes in Ghana yet look down on Ghanaians.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2010
How are we even sure that what Africason and his ilk are writing about Nigerians they have personally encountered in Ghana during robberies etc are true, ?

Stories can be made up to fuel an inherent hatred/paranoia.

I have also felt the fear/hostility from Ghanaians in the countries where i have lived .It is the same story in any country where you have Ghanaians and Nigerians.

What do Ghana/Ghanians really want?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2010
@ Gbawe

Why do you shy away from the Sud Africa issues, the causes and the bad name that loads of Nigerians give the good ones when abroad?

I cited a real example of what transpired when i visited Ghana -  that gang of armed robbers with their Nigerian leader! The seemingly arrest of armed robbers and other social vice instigators in Ghana involving Nigerians? Have you ever heard of Ghanaian or for that matter, a foreigner involved in armed robberies in Nigeria before?

Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it. . .  everytime you see their police parading nabbed armed robbers, you see at least 1 Nigerian in it. Now that is very worrying indeed! So don't blame Ghanaians, Sud Africans and other countries!

In anyway, the case being discussed is even all about Ghana enforcing their Trade laws and not these drivels.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe, seriously, you've got me mixed up with another Ghanaian poster here on NL. Go back, do a quick research and you'd see I'm telling the truth.

Let me ask you a few questions,

- When you resided in Ghana, were you law-abiding? I'd assume yes.
- When you resided in Ghana, were you there legally? I'd assume yes.
- When you were in Ghana, did you invest considerably in the economy, I'd conclude yes.
- When you were in Ghana, did anybody threaten your life? I'd answer on your behalf, NO.
- If the answer to the previous question is YES, did you engage the Ghanaian law enforcement?
- When you were in Ghana, did you meet a single Nigerian who was doing well, satisfied and loved the place?

My point is, I'm at awe why you've got your panties in a bunch because wifey's family aint feeling His Gbaweness!

FYI, I'm an American citizen, a Canadian citizen, an Australian permanent resident and a Ghanaian citizen (by birth) but guess what, I'm not on NL 24/7 moaning about how Canada, USA or Aussie did me wrong. Dude, YOU are a Ghanaian through marriage. Suck it up and deal with any sucker trying to give you a tough time while living in your own country.

Oh, and you are obsessed with Glo. For chrisakes, get off Globacom's dikk. Ghana has six (6), I repeat, SIX telcos. At this point, we are saturated. Glo is an insignificant player. Just because it's a Nigerian company doesn't mean squat.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

This is why I consider all these guys decietful. They will never speak against the many genuine cases of discrimination against Nigerians in Ghana. How many Ghanaians in cyerspace , till date, have actually condemned what Glo has gone through ? They will , like Africanson , pretend Nigerians are not targeted especially and later on , as they post more they start giving dubious reasons for why Ghanaians hate Nigerians as Africanson does with his silly tale of being robbed by a Nigerian !!! So much for his pretence and eventual capitulation.

My brother , don't believe the lies. )ver 90% of the armed robbery in Ghana are committed by Ghanaians . Folks like Africanson don't deal with facts and real statistics . They fabricate their own figures all the time. I challenge anyone to buy the Graphic newspaper and daily Guide for one month. There is crime stories on the front pages on most days. Collate the data and show how many involved Nigerian to back up theridiculous assertion that Nigerins commit all the robberies in Ghana . As if Ghanaians are saints.

Below is the typical deciet of Ghanaians I always expose here;

Africason spent most of this thread trying to patronise us that Nigerians are not especially targeted in Ghana. Eventually he shows his real hand and the actual content of his mind by stating why Ghanaians got "tired of Nigerians" . Arrant nonsense !! Those who know Ghana well will tell you it is good old xenophobia based on seeing other Africans coming to do better than you on your own soil. They cannot hate the Lebanese and co because , to Ghanaians, white skin is superior and they must therefore never resent anyone with white skin even if they make fortunes in Ghana yet look down on Ghanaians.

@Gbawe,

Loool. . . You sure you underatsnd what you just wrote? A person who works in the Financial industry doesn't know how to collate stats. a market researcher for 4 years doen't know how to coolate stats? Thats what a Nigerian woul;d let you believe. . .   cheesy . Anyway, to tell you the truth, that Trade law wasn't enacted to target only Nigerians and its only self-absorbed Nigerian folks like yourself that think it was all about you. As if Ghanaians have got time for your ilks. They enacted their laws to deal with the influx of shady business being paraded around by foreign nationals, so cdeal with it! Did i protronize any Nigerian here? Better come again, mate!

TBH, Ghanaians are weary of most Nigerians becaause of the vices they promote. . .  simple as that! But hey, the good onmes are enjoying their life and lifestyle in Ghana peacefully.  Do you want Ghanaians to sit idle and let their country be turned into an anarchy state like Nigeria and the other countries in the sub-region? BTW, am no Ghanaian though i have their blood in me(well, the same % as Nigeria's).

And oh, that armed robberry thing verily happened! Are Nigerians beyond armed robbery? Do you read Ghanaian newspapers or watch their TV? Your assertions are laughable to say the least!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , don't believe the lies. Over 90% of the armed robbery in Ghana are committed by Ghanaians . Youth unemployment is disheartening in Ghana. I give real examples because I am real . Tell anyone you know in Ghana to go to Odo Rise, Around Circle , Central Accra anytime in the daytime to see teeming number of Youth hawking phones and hanging around idly.

i was only being sarcastic, i was just trying to understand his hate for Nigerians stemming from one robbery incident,

Sorry for not being clear, think my writing instincts got the greater part of me.! cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2010
Africason:

TBH, Ghanaians are weary of most Nigerians becaause of the vices they promote. . .  simple as that! But hey, the good onmes are enjoying their life and lifestyle in Ghana peacefully.  Do you want Ghanaians to sit idle and let their country be turned into an anarchy state like Nigeria and the other countries in the sub-region? BTW, am no Ghanaian though i have their blood in me(well, the same % as Nigeria's).

And oh, that armed robberry thing verily happened! Are Nigerians beyond armed robbery? Do you read Ghanaian newspapers or watch their TV? Your assertions are laughable to say the least!

Answer the question first, stop derailing the thread and moving back and forth with your stories,

Was glo in anyway not law abiding in their dealings with the government?

So, why the hate, why destroy their infrastructures?

Or is this conjured from my own imaginations also?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2010
Vodafone is a British company. Vodafone is doing quite well in Ghana. Gbawe and his lovely family are British. There's something in Ghana besides Glo for Gbawe to be proud of.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

Vodafone is a British company. Vodafone is doing quite well in Ghana. Gbawe and his lovely family are British. There's something in Ghana besides Glo for Gbawe to be proud of.

oh i see, now you just confirmed what most guyz have been saying about the colour issue sad
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2010
mdsocks:

Answer the question first, stop derailing the thread and moving back and forth with your stories,

Was glo in anyway a not law abiding in their dealings with the government?

So, why the hate, why destroy their infrastructures?

Or is this conjured from the my own imaginations also?

What the heck?! Didn't you read what i said about Glo on page 2? I don't know squat about Glo! And oh, it seems like you hate hearing the truth, huh? You calling my unfortunate incident 'stories'?  Oh you so fall into that bad Nigerian category!  anyway , am out  shocked. . .
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2010
Africason:

@Gbawe,

Loool. . . You sure you underatsnd what you just wrote? A person who works in the Financial industry doesn't know how to collate stats. a market researcher for 4 years doen't know how to coolate stats? Thats what a Nigerian woul;d let you believe. . .   cheesy .

You are a funny guy. Hate will do that to you . Everyone can tell that I was throwing a challenge to Objective folks who live in Ghana - wether Nigerian or Ghanaian - and not you. My point is that everyone can conduct there own little experiment and find out factual truth for themselves.

Anyway, to tell you the truth, that Trade law wasn't enacted to target only Nigerians and its only self-absorbed Nigerian folks like yourself that think it was all about you. As if Ghanaians have got time for your ilks. They enacted their laws to deal with the influx of shady business being paraded around by foreign nationals, so cdeal with it! Did i protronize any Nigerian here? Better come again, mate!

My friend you are neither Ghanaian nor Nigerian yet you only have negative things to say about Nigeria? I can see you are really neutral !! If you were robbed by a Nigerian so what ? Have I said that Nigerians are not commiting crimes in Ghana? Are Ghanaians not commiting heinous crimes in Nigeria also along with Chadians, Cameroonians , Togolese, Beninoise , et al? The point is that the Nigerian armed robbery myth is overblown in Ghana in relation to reality because Ghanaians naturally wan't to believe the worst about Nigerians to justify hating the "arrogant invaders" .

You are not even ashamed to use one robbery incidence to prop-up the easily debunked myth that it is Nigerians who are the armed robbers in Ghana. For your info , Ghana has a serious and socially cancerous epidemic of unacceptably high youth unemployment . That is the biggest recruitment Sargeant for armed robbery in Ghana . Deal with that rather than playing Ostrich and continously blaming the convenient scapegoats i.e Nigerians, Liberians et al. As if Ghanaians are Saints !!!!!

In your mind, even if you will not admit it , you know you and your ilk are upset by the success of Nigerians in even simple endeavours you Ghanaians cannot even challenge at in your own Country. I drag out the classic example . The eatery chain business in Ghana is mainly dominated by the Lebanese (Papaye, Frankies, etc )and Nigerians (Chicken Rebublic, Mr.Biggs and more on the way)  . Why is it that in Ghana , with natural indigenous advantage, Ghanaians cannot even have a presence let alone be on top in that simple sector ?

You know the real reasons Ghanaians are hating . They cannot stand another successful Nigerian business in Ghana hence the urge to sabotage Globacom that goes all the way up to the Government of Ghana !!! The property development sector and transportation sector are other areas of business the Nigerians are doing well at to the envy and chagrin of Ghanaians . Even the Ghanaian love peddlers are not left out with how they are petitioning politicians to help them deal with the "ashewo" Nigerians who are spoiling their business  shocked shocked At least we know we can get honesty from love-peddlers with how they go straight to th point with no decietful talk.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2010
mdsocks:

oh i see, now you just confirmed what most guyz have been saying about the colour issue  sad

Gbawe is the one proud to hold UK citizenship. He's the one bragging about dual citizenship and the option of not being stuck in Ghana or Nigeria.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

My friend stop the Mischief . My point in mention Britain is that if , collectively , me and my wife don't feel African enough to wan't our children to grow up with an African backbone why not stay in the UK as fairly successful folks ? Do you know the number of folks expressing shock that I have moved out of the UK when they wan't to move in the opposite direction?

In any case quit praising Vodafone .  20 GB download ( go and check) at 65 Cedis a month (£30) when I pay £9.99 per month for unlimited download in the UK is a rip off . It is not an example of  Vodafone "doing well" for anyone but themselves. It is a pathetic and exploitative thing to be happening to the dwellers of the poorest continent on earth . Minimally this is also another factor that motivates some diasporans to return i.e the need to get real value for Africans . You would not understand that since you think all Nigerians are arrogant folks keen to impress garishly with "ill-gotten" wealth.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2010
Abrantie:

Gbawe is the one proud to hold UK citizenship. He's the one bragging about dual citizenship and the option of not being stuck in Ghana or Nigeria.

My friend , my point is that Africans exist who , despite obvious priviledge and advantages, still love and remain commited to their continent of origin. When you relocated to Ghana did most folks not think you mad ? I was never in Ghana because I was "escaping suffering" as many of you Ghanaians seem to think of all Nigerians in Ghana.

You all write as if all Nigerians in Ghana are desperados . I know from experience that this is how many Ghanaians talk as well . Deny it or admit it , a lot Ghanaians are prone to promoting negative stereotypes because of a fearful hesitance to inspect the individual rather than the image . Look at your brother Africason concluding all robbers in Ghana are Nigerian because he got robbed in Ghana by a Nigerian . Do you know that criminals from many Arican every Countries , including Ghana, operate in Nigeria?

Sure I love the UK but I love Nigeria and Africa more and that is why I am back here. With you Ghanaians thinking every Nigerian desperately wants to live in Ghana , it became neccessary to show you another category of Nigerians , and indeed Africans. I.e those who can view most African nations objectively.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
My friend you are neither Ghanaian nor Nigerian yet you only have negative things to say about Nigeria? I can see you are really neutral !! If you were robbed by a Nigerian so what ? Have I said that Nigerians are not commiting crimes in Ghana? Are Ghanaians not commiting heinous crimes in Nigeria also along with Chadians, Cameroonians , Togolese, Beninoise , et al? The point is that the Nigerian armed robbery myth is overblown in Ghana in relation to reality because Ghanaians naturally wan't to believe the worst about Nigerians to justify hating the "arrogant invaders" .

You are not even ashamed to use one robbery incidence to prop-up the easily debunked myth that it is Nigerians who are the armed robbers in Ghana. For your info , Ghana has a serious and socially cancerous epidemic of unacceptably high youth unemployment . That is the biggest recruitment Sargeant for armed robbery in Ghana . Deal with that rather than playing Ostrich and continously blaming the convenient scapegoats i.e Nigerians, Liberians et al. As if Ghanaians are Saints !!!!!

In your mind, even if you will not admit it , you know you and your ilk are upset by the success of Nigerians in even simple endeavours you Ghanaians cannot even challenge at in your own Country. I drag out the classic example . The eatery chain business in Ghana is mainly dominated by the Lebanese (Papaye, Frankies, etc )and Nigerians (Chicken Rebublic, Mr.Biggs and more on the way) . Why is it that in Ghana , with natural indigenous advantage, Ghanaians cannot even have a presence let alone be on top in that simple sector ?

You know the real reasons Ghanaians are hating . They cannot stand another successful Nigerian business in Ghana hence the urge to sabotage Globacom that goes all the way up to the Government of Ghana !!! The property development sector and transportation sector are other areas of business the Nigerians are doing well at to the envy and chagrin of Ghanaians . Even the Ghanaian love peddlers are not left out with how they are petitioning politicians to help them deal with the "ashewo" Nigerians who are spoiling their business Shocked Shocked At least we know we can get honesty from love-peddlers with how they go straight to th point with no decietful talk.

Now, I know you're certainly deluded! Ghanaians don't hate Nigerians. Hate is a strong word. Some of them don't like some some Nigerian folks coz their attitudes. Most nigerians are noted the world all over for their vices like scams(419).

I particularly don't hate or envy Nigerians cos:
1. I wasn't brought up in that way
2. I've that blood in me
3. I have a British Nigerian fiancee
4. i am doing very well - I earn a healthy sum every month.

So i suggest you 'sing' your infantile analysis to the birds of the air!

Have said it several time that I wasn't coming back to this topic. Well, the time is right, i guess. Ciao!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2010
mdsocks:

That is if what he says dosent make sense

Really didnt know when i finished reading all his posts because they are genuine are reflective of what is currently happening in that country, 

Maybe they go dey even ask for visa few years from now!!!  cheesy

LOL Gbawe is a brilliant dude, no doubt. And he DOES make sense with his posts.

Everytime I see his post, am just like "Imagine how he is off NL, does he talk this much?"
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 12:27am On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

@ Gbawe

Why do you shy away from the Sud Africa issues, the causes and the bad name that loads of Nigerians give the good ones when abroad?

I cited a real example of what transpired when i visited Ghana -  that gang of armed robbers with their Nigerian leader! The seemingly arrest of armed robbers and other social vice instigators in Ghana involving Nigerians? Have you ever heard of Ghanaian or for that matter, a foreigner involved in armed robberies in Nigeria before?
Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it. . .  everytime you see their police parading nabbed armed robbers, you see at least 1 Nigerian in it. Now that is very worrying indeed! So don't blame Ghanaians, Sud Africans and other countries!

In anyway, the case being discussed is even all about Ghana enforcing their Trade laws and not these drivels.

This has to be the most ignorant shite I have read in my life !!! You have finally , beyond doubt, exposed your hateful ignorance wih this statement !!! Ghanaians are amongst the robbers in Nigeria along with Chadians , Togolese, Beninoise , Cameroonians , etc . You are ignorant and an example of a Ghanaian who thinks that Nigerians are always the "perps" while Ghanaians and other Africans are "victims". Nigerians don't deal in self-deciet like some of you. I will now prove , in direct contradiction of what you wrote , that foreigners are indeed involved in armed robbery and crime in Nigeria.  I hope you can now remove your ignorant , shamelessly biased and prejudiced self from this forum.  Cross border robbery , involving citizens of all Nations , is rampart across West Africa . Efforts to reduce it , through effective cooperation between West African police forces , is always impeded by how some nations consider their own citizens as virtuous and blameless .

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=54587.0

Police Burst Car Snatching Syndicate
By Eugene Agha

Police detectives attached to  Federal Anti-Robbery Squad (FSAR), have arrested a 17-man armed robbery gang that specialises in stealing exotic vehicles in Lagos, Abuja and some other big cities in the country.
It also traced their buyers to neighbouring countries, including  Cameroon and Chad.
Those arrested include, two Cameroonians  whoseresponsibility it is to ferry the  cars from their hide out inIbadan, and Akure.
Several exotic cars,  foreign and locally made guns, computers, jeweleries and GSM handsets believed to have been snatched from victims at gun point were recovered in the process.
Members of the gang are alleged to be among  robbers who shot and killed the Officer in charge of Ekiti State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Mr Muhhamed Manura and two of his men, for allegedly offending their boss who is presently on the run.
A 45-year-old woman popularly called Alhaja, who was alleged to tbe their armourer, was also arrested in Ibadan.
Commissioner of Police, Federal Police Special Anti-RobberySquad (FSARS), Mr.Jubril Adeniji, [b]while parading the suspects yesterday in Lagos, said  efforts were on to arrest other members of the gang  in Cameroon and Chad.[/b]He said an official letter would be sent to INTERPOL, to facilitate the arrest of all those indicted.

http://www.rcnetwork.net/Benin/

The Federal Government was said to have volunteered to sponsor the cost of tracking down the kingpin, which was said to have run into millions of dollars, after the meeting between Kerekou, the Beninois President and President Olusegun Obasanjo. But a presidency source said that given the loss of lives and materials incurred by the country through armed robbery incidents carried out by Tidjani and his men across West Africa, no amount would be too much to be spent so long as there is a positive result. The 32-year-old Tidjani took off from Benin Republic last month when that country's government set up a team of military detectives to track him and another notorious armed robber from Niger, said to be his partner in crime. From the surveillance report, Tidjani, who controlled not less than 15 armed robbery gangs, hails from Niger Republic, though unconfirmed reports said he had spent some years in Nigeria before relocating to Cotonou. Also, 80 per cent of the cars allegedly found with foreign numberplates, some with diplomatic numbers, were snatched from major Nigerian cities, including Lagos and its environs. Meanwhile, Beninois detectives led by a military intelligence officers, had undertaken searches of the residence of top government functionaries in order to recover expensive flashy cars snatched at gun points in various cities of Nigeria by Tidjani's gang and sold to them at give away prices. Some of the searches had yielded positive results. According to the latest edition of L'INDEPENDENT, a weekly
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2010
Africason wrote ;

Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it. . .  everytime you see their police parading nabbed armed robbers, you see at least 1 Nigerian in it. Now that is very worrying indeed! So don't blame Ghanaians, Sud Africans and other countries!

grin grin grin grin See the articles below and point out the Nigerian involvement to back up your ridiculous and defamotory claim that "Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it" . I think I have proven conclusively that , like many Ghanaians , you hate Nigerians enough to lie against them casually . The real statistics and the reality on the ground does not support your ridiculous and hate-driven claims . Ghanaian women and even a budding TV star commit armed robbery in Ghana  shocked shocked yet we should believe it is the Nigerians who are introducing robbery to 'virtuous' Ghana !!!

http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/wap/article.php?ID=122879

Female armed robber nabbed

Three suspected robbers, including a female, have been arrested in Kumasi, the Ashanti regional capital.

The three allegedly engaged in night robbery operations in the metropolis, using an Opel Astra Caravan taxi cab.

The suspects, Cleventus aka Kwame Amo, 22, a native of Nandom in the Upper West Region, Collins Otchere, 36 and Akua Amponsah, 19, a resident of Kwahu Atisie in the Eastern region, were rounded up at a mechanic’s shop on Thursday.

The three, arrested by a team of the Striking Force Unit of the Ghana Police Service in Kumasi upon a tip-off, were placed in police custody, while further investigations continued to facilitate their prosecution in a court of law.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/news/201009/51581.asp

11 robbers busted

The Accra Regional Police Command has arrested 11 hardened armed robbers from two separate robbery groups that used to terrorize residents of Airport, East Legon, Haatso, Baatsona, Sakumono, Madina and Nungua.

The groups, which are led by 23-year-old Wise Grey aka Biggy or Diamond, and Eric Yaw Ahenkora aka Paa Dogo, 23, according to the Regional Commander DCOP Rose Bio Atinga, have been involved in series of robberies in Accra.

While five members of Dogo's group, including himself, are in the grips of the police, four of Biggy's men, including himself and[b] a budding TV star, Richard Cobbina aka Shaka Zulu, are in police custody.[/b] shocked shocked shocked

The members of Dogo's group, including himself, are Isaac Obeng Owusu aka Burger, 24; Paul Bortey aka Children, 20; Frank Agorku aka Frank Nero, 19; Roland Hayford aka Paa Kweku Medor, 29; and Stephen Numekpe aka Volta King, 25.

Biggy's group included himself; Paul Owusu (imprisoned), Richard Cobbina aka Shaka Zulu, 31; Abass Baba Richard, 25; Emmanuel Mensah Nkansah aka Capito, 45; and Richard Tetteh aka Anold, 21.

DCOP Atinga told pressmen that between February and July 2010, a gang of armed robbers had been terrorizing people at East Legon, Madina, Mempeasem, Otana, Adjiriganor, Baatsona and Spintex Road, robbing residents of laptops, computers, money, mobile phones, wrist watches etc.

http://www.graphicghana.com/news/page.php?news=6095

Eight Alleged Armed Robbers Nabbed

Stephen Atsu - Leader of the arrested gang of armed robbersEight young men who were allegedly preparing to embark on a robbery operation within Madina and the Trassaco Valley Estates areas have been arrested by the police.

Five pistols, a crowbar, pliers, Sellotape and other accoutrements were retrieved from the suspected armed robbers. Those arrested are Stephen Atsu, 30, Yao Anku, 26, George Dadaku, 28, Richard Ntumy, 20, Kwame Nazah, 26, Yaw Adade, 21, Selassie Agbozo, 20 and Fred Agbenu, 26.

All the suspects are currently being held by the Madina Police

http://www.graphicghana.com/news/page.php?news=6795

Four Armed Robbers Nabbed

From left to right are Roger Agbadey, Odartey Lamptey, George Owusu Bempa and Kwame Nkrumah.The timely response of the police has led to the arrest of four suspected armed robbers at the Nyamekye Junction in Accra after the robbers had raided the house of a sister of a former Minister of Health, Dr Sipa Yankey, at East Legon in Accra.

The suspects — George Owusu Bempah, 25, an electrician; Odartey Lamptey, 23, a steel bender; Roger Agbadi, 24, a labourer, and Kwame Kumah, 23, the houseboy at the victim’s residence, are currently in the custody of the police.

http://www.modernghana.com/news2/146847/1/armed-robber-nabbed-in-kumasi.html

The police in Kumasi made a major breakthrough in their quest to combat armed robbery in the Kumasi metropolis and its environs last Thursday when they arrested the lone armed robber who had been terrorising some residents in the metropolis and parts of the Brong Ahafo Region.

Within a period of nine months, the suspect, Eric Alfred Zieme, who operated with two AK 47 assault rifles and a pump action gun, had undertaken at least 30 separate armed robberies mostly in Kumasi and the Brong Ahafo Region, killing two people in the process.

The robber, better known by people who knew him as “Local Burger” for his ostentatious style of living, admitted the crimes against him on his arrest, admitting for instance that he shot and killed one of his victims because he (victim) struggled with him.

Zieme, 25, a native of Kusele near Nandom in the Upper West Region, was described by the police as dangerous and notorious, and one of the most hardened robbers in recent times.

http://www.modernghana.com/news/20177/1/suspected-armed-robber-nabbed.html

Suspected Armed Robber Nabbed

A middle aged man who claimed he was a teacher and offered to tutor the children of Mr. Adewusi Olagidey, a resident of Achimota St. John in Accra, is in the custody of the police under suspicion of armed robbery.

The suspected teacher/robber, Godfred Tetteh Laryea (a.k.a. King Yellow) is assisting the police in their investigation to track down four other heavily armed robbers.

http://www.afrikaspeaks.com/news.php?cat=General&title=Notorious+Robber+Nabbed

Notorious Robber Nabbed[/b]Location: . Posted on Mon, 3rd Aug 2009.

A NOTORIOUS armed robber, George Kofi Adu, 32, also known as ‘My People’, was arrested yesterday morning at about 9:30 am by a passer-by, at the ABC bus terminal at Caprice, Accra.

According to the Deputy Regional Police Commander, ACP Christian Tetteh Yohuno, the suspect was making a call when the passer-by who wants to remain anonymous, spotted a gun buried in his trousers and became suspicious.

The police boss said, the passer-by immediately grabbed the suspect and shouted for help in order to take the suspect to the police station but onlookers were in no mood to be helpful.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/photo.day.php?ID=76249

[b]Ghana's Most Wanted

Police have arrested the most wanted man in Ghana. Atta Ayi was arrested on Monday afternoon at his hideout in the Teshie Tsui Bleo surburb of Accra. His girlfriend, suspected to be an accomplice, was also arrested in the raid.

According to police Atta Ayi is the brain behind most of the brutal armed robberies in Accra. He and members of his gang are alleged to have forcibly stolen money, cars, jewelry and other valuables from various people in the national capital. They are also alleged to have murdered several people who resisted their attacks.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by mechris: 12:53am On Sep 13, 2010
It's not thier fault.Nigeria is a failing state.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 13, 2010
Blame it on envy, This Ghana people are something else. What do you expect, their people in Nigeria is Alcoholic's and drunkard so why won't they fight hard working Nigerians in em hunger surviving country?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by 1102(m): 1:36am On Sep 13, 2010
Ive always hated Ghanians, Now i thank God for giving me that ability to hate them and SAFRICANS!!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 1:37am On Sep 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Gbawe is a brilliant dude, no doubt. And he DOES make sense with his posts.

Everytime I see his post, am just like "Imagine how he is off NL, does he talk this much?"

grin grin grin I don't actually. I am forced to be taciturn and measured because I need to be careful not to be quoted michievously or erroneously. Perhaps that is why I talk a lot anonymously on Nairaland. I realise the power of the net as a force for positive information  needed to counter negative and biased propaganda ( "Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it".) and this , partly , influences my lenghty writing . Is it not extremely annoying that Africason can claim audaciously that Nigerians are involved in every robbery in Ghana when It can be shown easily that this is outright fallacy? You can begin to appreciate my annoyance. It is very wicked to deliberately stereotype others falsely.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 13, 2010
Gbawe:

grin grin grin[b] I don't actually[/b]. I am forced to be taciturn and measured because I need to be careful not to be quoted michievously or erroneously. Perhaps that is why I talk a lot anonymously on Nairaland. I realise the power of the net as a force for positive information  needed to counter negative and biased propaganda ( "Every armed robbery group in Ghana has Nigerian folks in it".) and this , partly , influences my lenghty writing . Is it not extremely annoying that Africason can claim audaciously that Nigerians are involved in every robbery in Ghana when It can be shown easily that this is outright fallacy? You can begin to appreciate my annoyance. It is very wicked to deliberately stereotype others falsely.

Oh okay, phew. Well, keep doing what you do. A lot of non-Nigerians view/read NL too.
Glad to have you on our side grin
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by soloqy: 2:25am On Sep 13, 2010
Dis Guy:

funniest thing i heard in yearrrrrrrrrrrs!!

Nigeria should hit back hard, hard ko head ni

what do they know how to do?

Liberians arresting Nigerians,

Sudan deporting Nigerians

SA killing/deporting Nigerians

Libyans arresting/deporting Nigerians

cant you see for yourself?

Oh well, forgive me for dreaming
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 2:38am On Sep 13, 2010
[b]Shoooooo! Imagine o!!!! What the heck is in Ghana?!!!!! So Ghanians are bragging too? Wait o!

Is Ghana's economy better than Nigeria's economy?
What is Ghana's GDP compared to Nigeria's own?
What is the strength of the (figure manupulated) Cedi compared to the (Untouched) Naira?
What is the average income of Ghanians compared to the average income of Nigerians?
Is Accra anywhere as beautiful as Abuja?
Is it easy to make dollars in Ghana as it is in Nigeria?
What is Ghana's population when compared to Nigeria's?
How long did it take Nigeria's telecommunication sector to run down Ghana's long standing own?
What is the purchasing power parity of Ghanians compared to those of Nigerians?
Which Ghanian city is as big and economically viable than Lagos or even small Onitsha?
what is Ghanian international airport called, is it better than any Nigerian international airport?
Does Ghana have any airline comparable to Arik air?
Does Ghana have a strong and good military to withstand Nigeria?
What is Ghana's tourism worth when compared to Nigeria's own?
IS Ghana's entertainment industry anywhere near Nigeria's own?
Do you know how many Ghanian international stars were made by Nigeria?
Does Ghana have a comparable number of world class schools as is in Nigeria?
How many schools are in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?
Which country motivated a free and fair election in Ghana?
Where did Ghana's president run to after he won the Presidential elections?
Does Ghana have any achievement that is comparable to the achievements of Nigeria in sports?
Is any Ghanian sports league comparable to those of Nigerians?
Has Ghana hosted any world cup?
How many sports stars does Ghana have comparable to Nigerians?
How many international events can be hosted in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?

I can keep asking these questions endlessly

So, how is Ghana comparable to Nigeria?

Gosh! Imagine Ghana. Hahahahhahahahahahah.

There are only 3 places that Ghana can brag of a little superiority; Government sensitivity which has given rise to a bit of efficiency in their system, Senior male national team recent (2008-date) achievements and level of electric power supply when compared to Nigeria. Can someone please point out what else? I don't need rants, just point out where Ghana is better than Nigeria.

In terms of migration, people that are conversant with business will know that people go to Ghana to gain business advantage in terms of cost of production (As it happens around the world) or just have leisure outside Nigeria. Nigerians that wants to migrate to Ghana does so due to their interest in investment or the requirement of their jobs. It is also normal to see criminals migrate to other countries to seek for an easier means to their trade. About education, the Nigerians that study in Ghana are the ones that feels like doing so. Infact majority just do it to get a feel of another country, and they return after their studies. As far as I have heard, Nigerian students live like kings and spend stupendously in Ghana. My cousin was there. He wanted to leave Nigeria to get a feel of other countries. While his brother chose UK, he chose Ghana. He lived like a King there, was fancied by Ghanian gals, and hated by Ghanian guys. He is now in Canada. My point is that, there are Nigerian schools (Especially private) that are way higher in class than Ghanian schools, but are not patronized by some Nigerians because they just want to have a feel of other countries.

Ghana does not present a competition atall! Nigeria is marching up, and when we get it right, Ghana will be no where to be seen, because it will take less than two months to surpass all their achievements that they think that they have over Nigeria. Nigeria is stepping up electric power supply, the president has sworn to give a free and fair elections, we have started to see signs of very pro-developmental leaders like Fashola, Amaechi, Chime etc a person with foresight can see that it is only a matter of time. As far as I can remember, I heard that Ghana's telecommunication sector was way more efficient and profitable than Nigeria's own. How long did it take Nigeria to dust them? Is it not a Nigerian telecommunication giant that is providing jobs for Ghanians now? Wait till the same happens in the electric power sector. You will be surprised that Nigeria will be supplying electric power to Ghana.

Well, I also have an advise for Ghanians. As much as the Nigerian government is insensitive, Ghanians should be careful not to step beyond their bounds. We, including the Ghanians that are arguing here know that Ghana is nothing without Nigerians. If the Nigerian government decides to place a trade embargo or embark on a diplomatic war with Ghana, Ghana will not survive it o! Ask south Africa how much they were shaken when the Nigerian government became a little sensitive to their unusual diplomatic war against Nigerians.

And Nigerians should quit comparing Ghana to Nigeria. We should compare  Nigeria to countries that will still be ahead if we get our acts right at the moment. I have been to Ghana. Nothing spectacular or eye popping. Just the fact the Ghanian ladies go crazy when they see a Nigerian with adequate cash. That was a reason I got Ghanian guys looking for a way to maim me. Apart from Joke, in good and in bad, Ghana is too small to be compared to Nigeria. It is a real unfair comparison.

[/b]
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 3:20am On Sep 13, 2010
@ Gbawe,

You now realise it hurts to accuse others falsely? You quoted Ghanaians hate Nigerians. . .

I intentionally inscribed that statement that 'very armed robbery. . . ' I knew i was going to hit a nerve and lo, I was right, I did hit a nerve big time!  tongue

Couldn't you get any news that state a Ghanaian involvement in armed robberies in Nigeria?

Now take a look at the following stories i just dug up:

Olasie Valentine, a 28-year-old Nigerian and a member of group who sustained gun shot wounds on his right thigh, was picked up by the Police Patrol team near the toll booth on the Accra-Tema Motorway.
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/87911/1/police-arrest-armed-robber.html

He explained that the fight against armed robbery and other criminal activities was not limited to known members only.

ACP Yahuno said Shorti claimed that he had been on five different robbery expeditions with Aryeetey and other persons but could only remember the names of Stanley, Aryeetey and[b] Emma, a Nigerian[/b].
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/270492/1/suspected-armed-robber-arrested.html

A driver of a pick-up truck who allegedly identified one of the robbers was shot dead at the scene of the robbery.

Shaifu Shagari, 28, believed to be a Fulani from Nigeria was arrested with the assistance of the people when he went to collect a black bag from the bush.

A total of 19.4 million cedis believed to be his share of the booty was found in the bag.
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/52973/1/dambai-police-arrest-armed-robber.html

According to Mrs. Agnes O. Sika-Nartey, Assistant Commissioner of Police and regional commander, the deceased armed robber who was the driver was identified as Clement Bantey, 32 years old.

Three others who are in police custody include Mohammed Zakari, 19, Richard Habor, 28 and[b] Bobby Shittu, a Nigerian, 23[/b].
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/22370/1/suspected-armed-robber-dies-in-police-cell.html

The rest are Kwabena Atta, 34, Maxwell Akuffo, 23 and Ahmed Abiola, 26, also a Nigerian. The source said the police retrieved a locally made pistol with five rounds of ammunition and a toy pistol.
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/78548/1/police-kill-armed-robber-and-arrest-four-others.html

Early September this year, a communication was filed with the African Commission against Libya by a Nigerian Non-Governmental Organi-zation, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP). It alleged that over 200 Nigerians are on death row for offences ranging from immigration, murder, drug and armed robbery.
http://www.modernghana.com/news/241578/1/libya-halts-execution-of-nigerians-on-death-row.html

WITH THE support of a youth association in Ashaiman, a notorious armed robber, Himbo Abdul-Raham Mohammed, who has been named in most armed robbery cases in Ashaiman, Tema and beyond has been nabbed.

Himbo, 28, a Nigerien, was cornered by the youth around Asensu Bar, after robbing one Issifu Amasu of ¢5million at knife point around old Tulaku on October 27, this year.
http://www.modernghana.com/newsthread1/146935/1/

The Koforidua Community Tribunal on January 9, chaired by Mr. G.K. Addae, remanded three suspected Nigerian armed robbers in prison custody to reappear on February 13, this year, for robbing one Mr. Emmanuel Oti, a businessman at Akwatia of ¢220million.

The suspected armed robbers are Felix Chikanabe, a trader, Bright Amadu Demele, a student and Kano Wusiayo, a businessman, all claiming to be Nigerians who entered the country to do business and study.
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/19813/1/court-remands-3-foreigners-for-armed-robbery.html

There are more in the achives but I certainly don't have the time for your kind. It is you Gbawe and your ilks that would love everybody to believe evrything is OK. Loo, its noted the worl over that most Nigerians revels in shaddy deals(419, armed robberies) and you definitely don't want to admit to that fact. Listen Sud Africans would never wake up one day and say, hey, lets deal with these Nigerian folks. Something triggered it and that 'something' cannot be far-fetched.

Look at what some of your fellow 9ja nairalnders wrote:
Hey Nairalanders,

What as Nigerians turn themselves into all because of $$$$$? Mostly everywhere i went to, they always take things harder if i can't identify myself fully with my passport, thanks to God that am staying legally. They are always found around each street fighting and stabbing themselves due to one thing or the other. Most of them come to South Africa with 3months visa and when they see it's about to expire, they will look for a South Africa girl to deceive with money and ask her to lie that they are married, if she agrees, they will go to the home affairs to apply for extension of stay and once they got it, they will fight the girl and send her off. You won't believe that this crazy Igbo boys here in South Africa are into drugs and prostitution. They ask South African girls out and those fool will accept hoping they want them as girl friend or wife, and after a while they introduce them into this silly business of drug and prostitution. I actually met a white girl a while ago, she was scared of talking to me because the so call Nigeria boss of her will be mad at her if she is talking to a guy when she was suppose to be making money. They find it hard to get out of it even  though they are willingly to, only God knows where they get those charms from.

Most of this guys are Igbo boys, they have spoilt the reputation of Nigerians here, i think that was the reason why South Africans where killing Nigerians back then. They were turning their girls to love-peddler and using them for drugs and other illegal business.

What have you people have to say about this?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-244102.0.html

Obviously that came from a Ghanaians as well?    yeah?   Stop acting like the ostrich and face realities! Face your problems head on. . . resolve it, mate and 9ja will certainly be a better place to live.

Now you and I know very well that NO MAN IS A PARAGON OF VIRTUE but most Nigerian folks make nonsense of that expression.

I hope those in Europe and the States don't get dragged into this cause that would be disastrous then. . . the enormity of fraud most Nigerians commit outside is beyond imagination!!!  I wouldn't exclude Ghanaians but that of Nigerians, are quite unprecedented!

@Gbawe

Ghanaians are amongst the robbers in Nigeria along with Chadians , Togolese, Beninoise , Cameroonians , etc . You are ignorant and an example of a Ghanaian who thinks that Nigerians are always the "perps" while Ghanaians and other Africans are "victims". Nigerians don't deal in self-deciet like some of you. I will now prove , in direct contradiction of what you wrote , that foreigners are indeed involved in armed robbery and crime in Nigeria. I hope you can now remove your ignorant , shamelessly biased and prejudiced self from this forum.

I thought you said you were gona prove Ghanaians involvement in armed robbries in Nigeria? shocked You run your mouth like a motor yet no evidence to that effect came from you. Shame on you!!!

Do you want me to remove myself from this forum? Really?!! Now, I know you're deluded BIG TIME!! cheesy cheesy This guy crack me up!! Come again, Sir!! shocked
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by chyz(m): 3:28am On Sep 13, 2010
The day ghanians get off nigerians' nuts is the day you know the Kingdom of Heaven has landed.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Sprumbaba: 3:43am On Sep 13, 2010
This Ghana Nigeria discussion. Una get time ooooooo. I hope say una don chop sha.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Justcash(m): 3:48am On Sep 13, 2010
Africason:

Couldn't you get any news that state a Ghanaian involvement in armed robberies in Nigeria?

So it has to be armed robbery before it becomes a crime?

http://news.myjoyonline.com/news/201006/47218.asp
http://www.nigerianinquirer.com/2010/08/17/marijuana-cultivation-and-trading-two-ghanians-convicted/
http://www.galaxytvonline.com/news/main-news/nigeria-navy-warri-command-parades-ten-suspected-illegal-oil-bunkerers
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=183605

Africason:

I wouldn't exclude Ghanaians but that of Nigerians, are quite unprecedented!

Freaking hypocrite! Nobody holy pass atall!

Justcash:

[b]Shoooooo! Imagine o!!!! What the heck is in Ghana?!!!!! So Ghanians are bragging too? Wait o!

Is Ghana's economy better than Nigeria's economy?
What is Ghana's GDP compared to Nigeria's own?
What is the strength of the (figure manupulated) Cedi compared to the (Untouched) Naira?
What is the average income of Ghanians compared to the average income of Nigerians?
Is Accra anywhere as beautiful as Abuja?
Is it easy to make dollars in Ghana as it is in Nigeria?
What is Ghana's population when compared to Nigeria's?
How long did it take Nigeria's telecommunication sector to run down Ghana's long standing own?
What is the purchasing power parity of Ghanians compared to those of Nigerians?
Which Ghanian city is as big and economically viable than Lagos or even small Onitsha?
what is Ghanian international airport called, is it better than any Nigerian international airport?
Does Ghana have any airline comparable to Arik air?
Does Ghana have a strong and good military to withstand Nigeria?
What is Ghana's tourism worth when compared to Nigeria's own?
IS Ghana's entertainment industry anywhere near Nigeria's own?
Do you know how many Ghanian international stars were made by Nigeria?
Does Ghana have a comparable number of world class schools as is in Nigeria?
How many schools are in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?
Which country motivated a free and fair election in Ghana?
Where did Ghana's president run to after he won the Presidential elections?
Does Ghana have any achievement that is comparable to the achievements of Nigeria in sports?
Is any Ghanian sports league comparable to those of Nigerians?
Has Ghana hosted any world cup?
How many sports stars does Ghana have comparable to Nigerians?
How many international events can be hosted in Ghana when compared to Nigeria?

I can keep asking these questions endlessly

So, how is Ghana comparable to Nigeria?

Gosh! Imagine Ghana. Hahahahhahahahahahah.

There are only 3 places that Ghana can brag of a little superiority; Government sensitivity which has given rise to a bit of efficiency in their system, Senior male national team recent (2008-date) achievements and level of electric power supply when compared to Nigeria. Can someone please point out what else? I don't need rants, just point out where Ghana is better than Nigeria.

In terms of migration, people that are conversant with business will know that people go to Ghana to gain business advantage in terms of cost of production (As it happens around the world) or just have leisure outside Nigeria. Nigerians that wants to migrate to Ghana does so due to their interest in investment or the requirement of their jobs. It is also normal to see criminals migrate to other countries to seek for an easier means to their trade. About education, the Nigerians that study in Ghana are the ones that feels like doing so. Infact majority just do it to get a feel of another country, and they return after their studies. As far as I have heard, Nigerian students live like kings and spend stupendously in Ghana. My cousin was there. He wanted to leave Nigeria to get a feel of other countries. While his brother chose UK, he chose Ghana. He lived like a King there, was fancied by Ghanian gals, and hated by Ghanian guys. He is now in Canada. My point is that, there are Nigerian schools (Especially private) that are way higher in class than Ghanian schools, but are not patronized by some Nigerians because they just want to have a feel of other countries.

Ghana does not present a competition atall! Nigeria is marching up, and when we get it right, Ghana will be no where to be seen, because it will take less than two months to surpass all their achievements that they think that they have over Nigeria. Nigeria is stepping up electric power supply, the president has sworn to give a free and fair elections, we have started to see signs of very pro-developmental leaders like Fashola, Amaechi, Chime etc a person with foresight can see that it is only a matter of time. As far as I can remember, I heard that Ghana's telecommunication sector was way more efficient and profitable than Nigeria's own. How long did it take Nigeria to dust them? Is it not a Nigerian telecommunication giant that is providing jobs for Ghanians now? Wait till the same happens in the electric power sector. You will be surprised that Nigeria will be supplying electric power to Ghana.

Well, I also have an advise for Ghanians. As much as the Nigerian government is insensitive, Ghanians should be careful not to step beyond their bounds. We, including the Ghanians that are arguing here know that Ghana is nothing without Nigerians. If the Nigerian government decides to place a trade embargo or embark on a diplomatic war with Ghana, Ghana will not survive it o! Ask south Africa how much they were shaken when the Nigerian government became a little sensitive to their unusual diplomatic war against Nigerians.

And Nigerians should quit comparing Ghana to Nigeria. We should compare  Nigeria to countries that will still be ahead if we get our acts right at the moment. I have been to Ghana. Nothing spectacular or eye popping. Just the fact the Ghanian ladies go crazy when they see a Nigerian with adequate cash. That was a reason I got Ghanian guys looking for a way to maim me. Apart from Joke, in good and in bad, Ghana is too small to be compared to Nigeria. It is a real unfair comparison.

[/b]
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tarano: 4:04am On Sep 13, 2010
the truth is that there is a lot of Nigerians in Ghana into dubious business deals,
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 4:04am On Sep 13, 2010
Quote from: Africason on Today at 03:20:12 AM

I wouldn't exclude Ghanaians but that of Nigerians, are quite unprecedented!

Freaking hypocrite! Nobody holy pass atall!

That cracked me up, man! cheesy cheesy cheesy   Like i said 'no man is paragon of virtues'  grin

But hey, on a more serious note. .   The heading is misleading. . . Ghanaian authorities are only advocating folks come up with $300,000 capital (seed money) to start a biz. It isn't a business fee, its just a capital needed to be raised before you can start a business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria / Access Bank Acquires Zambia's Cavmont Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.