Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,293 members, 7,881,082 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:02 PM

Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (35008 Views)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / North Will Not Cede Power To South In 2023 — Arewa Youth Consultative Forum / 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Adaibeku(f): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Naajjii:

Was I sounding like One before?
Yes ur hatred for igbos and ur love for fulani killing

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Efewestern: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sanchez01:
Efewestern, recall this was what we discussed on the other thread some days ago?

2023 is going to be an interesting year, no doubt.

I'm observing, I might just be wrong you know.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
LZAA:

Sarrki wee not like this statement
Cc immhotep velocity25
sarrki does not mind.
He just wants to worship the masters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga forget the biafran agenda bullshit ...its the turn of the south east full stop ...anything apart from respecting the agreement then the north keeps rolling
What agreement are u talking about?

I can't remember when APC ever came to any agreement that the party's next presidential candidate will come from the SE

There's no APC in the SE, I don't expect why you guys expect the party to zone its presidential candidacy to a region where its enjoys little or no support

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by searchlight: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
PHILipu1:

Can only the north votes decide president?
Buhari tried it many times and he failed.
Buhari will hand over to a southerner,write it down
but SS and SE will gladly support the north for presidency. that's a fact so south west will become Nigeria's political orphan come 2023 lolsssssssss
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Humility017(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
backnbeta:

Unfortunately, the North will likely not vote for South East due to their Biafra agenda. For now, they can't afford to let go of oil as the South South may go with Biafra. But if the South brings out a South West candidate (who is likely to be a Muslim), the gentleman agreement may stand.
a southern muslim and a northern christian?
you make me laugh...... and should PDP field a Northerner like tambuwal/Kwankwanso etc who do you think
will win states like kano, sokoto and other core northern states and if the PDP aspirant should field an IBO man
as a VP you see.... Tinubu and co need to make peace with the SE and SS fast
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by TrueNigerian300: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lol!!!

That the north decides who rule Nigeria is over-exaggerated and wise people understand this they do have the population but there is more to winning an election than population. So most southerners do not know this and they just assume the north can determine who rule the country 100%. This is not true!!! There is a reason why Buhari despite is popularity in the north lost three times until he went into alliance with the west.

Buhari was seen as a bigot and Bokoharam sympathizer until he was repackaged by the west as Mr. Integrity and he finally won the election he has always lost. Nobody can be president if the entire south goes against you as you will not meet the constitutional requirements to be the president. Wise Nigerian politicians understand this and they play along this unwritten rule of presidency of turn by turn I am not in support of it anyways.

There is already tension on ground about secession and all the west needs to do is to play along and the country will be in chaos allowing room for disintegration of the country. The power that be understand this and the reason power was handed over to the west in 1999. So all these people shouting the north this and that do not understand nigerian politics. The truth is most southern politicans are plain stupid the north is not as powerful as most people think.

The the day the yoruba supports the disintegration of the Nigeria as Igbo are clamouring that will be the end of Nigeria but the two shameless people are just hating each other for no reason.

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Connoisseur(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
robotix:
oh great. I don't know if you remember this handle "motherfucker" on importing container from china thread where shared lots tips and also gave your email and phone number subsequently.

I remember the thread, sadly I can't recall any usernames from there.
Were you the op?
Hope everything went well?
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by mrvitalis(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

I can't remember when APC ever came to any agreement that the party's next presidential candidate will come from the SE

There's no APC in the SE, I don't expect why you guys expect the party to zone its presidential candidacy to a region where its enjoys little or no support

I don't remember when the north promised to hand power over to the south

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Jman06(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
TrueNigerian300:
Lol!!!

That the north decides who rule Nigeria is over-exaggerated and wise people understand this they do have the population but there is more to winning an election than population. So most southerners do not know this and they just assume the north can determine who rule the country 100%. This is not true!!! There is a reason why Buhari despite is popularity in the north lost three times until he went into alliance with the west.

Buhari was seen as a bigot and Bokoharam sympathizer until he was repackaged by the west as Mr. Integrity and he finally won the election he has always lost. Nobody can be president if the entire south goes against you as you will not meet the constitutional requirements to be the president. Wise Nigerian politicians understand this and they play along this unwritten rule of presidency of turn by turn I am not in support of it anyways.

There is already tension on ground about secession and all the west needs to do is to play along and the country will be in chaos allowing room for disintegration of the country. The power that be understand this and the reason power was handed over to the west in 1999. So all these people shouting the north this and that do not understand nigerian politics. The truth is most southern politicans are plain stupid the north is not as powerful as most people think.

The the day the yoruba supports the disintegration of the Nigeria as Igbo are clamouring that will be the end of Nigeria but the two shameless people are just hating each other for no reason.
My brother you are politically naïve!!!
If you think that southwest made Buhari president in 2015, then you need to go back and learn.

In 2015, Buhari was made president by northern PDP elites who decamped from PDP to APC because they were not satisfied with the idea of Jonathan retaining power beyond 2015.
The people that made Buhari president were Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki, and all the other northern PDP power brokers.

If those men didn't join forces with Buhari, Tinubu and his media propaganda would have amounted to nothing! Take that to the bank!

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Sedonxavi: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
Who told you that the north is more populated than the south. Only that people in the south refuse to come out during population census or general election. I am from the south but live in the north..Southern Nigeria is more populated and more developed than north.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
charliboy654:

The last time, only few pipeline that was destroyed in Delta state grounded Nigeria economy, imagine how Nigeria will be if Niger Delta decide to destroy all pipeline.
Is any yoruba state apart of the ND? Hell no.

We are not breaking any pipeline. The North must rule you for another 8 years after which it is going to SE/SS, then back to the North, then back to SS/SE, then NC before you guys would be considered.

The SS must complete their 8 years, Jonathan only did 4, 2 years of Yar'Adua's was bonus. The East must do their 8 years before SW will smell any office again.

We made a mistake in 2015 by giving you guys free hands to operate. As it was since pre-independence till 2015, na so e go be forever.

No more lapses, no more sitting on bicycle. We go teach una politics when PDP regains power. Continue hiding under Buhari's goodwill in the North to be shouting "suffertiskated".

We shall see who are really sophisticated in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by robotix: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
Connoisseur:

I remember the thread, sadly I can't recall any usernames from there.
Were you the op?
Hope everything went well?
yeah, I was the op( motherfucker) we discontinued the process jare as the people didn't call us anymore.. We started a new business afterwards which has been growing slowly

Though I still have interest in exportation and will need your help when I am ready. I already decided what I want to export but the legal framework and documentation is what I am not yet familiar with plus how to receive payments securely.

I have also decided how to locate my buyers... I built a list of likely companies as well.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by johnnyjustcome: 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
robert Ludlum calls this kond of statement 'The Groundswell'
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Turantula(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
PHILipu1:

Can only the north votes decide president?
Buhari tried it many times and he failed.
Buhari will hand over to a southerner,write it down
But the Northerner will get bulk votes from SS & SE
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lovemaester:

listen nobody needs the southeast in any election because you guys don't know how to play politics, twice your region voted massively against the APC yet he won, so you guys are irrelevant, in 2023 there are at least 3govs and a serving senator from the SE who are more than qualified for the ticket but the party you love so much will give it to someone from the caliphate who was in the APC you hate so much and a VP will be chosen from the south south,because they have seen that you guys cannot influence any election. so don't blame tinubu who is fighting for his interest and that of his region blame yourselves for been used and dump by the PDP.
Southern matter is not your concern. You guys are not in the South, contest when APC zones their ticket to the Waste.

SS=SE. We have proved this Shagari/Ekwueme, GEJ/Sambo and Atiku/Obi.

Tambuwal/Wike
Tambuwal/Udom
Tambuwal/Ekweremmadu

We don't care as far as we don't see any Afonja blood on that ballot.

Your brother Gbenga betrayed PDP, Omisore betrayed his people we can't never trust traitors.

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lovemaester:

so you believe in your dumb skull wike Dickson,okowa are going to allow a SE person get the ticket when they are all eyeing that same ticket, do you know hw much wike has used to sponsor PDP candidates like fintiri, bala mohmd, tambuwal, and one SE person that has not contributed funds to anything outside his region will cm and collect ticket, you all will wail tire
Wike and Okowa are all Igbo people. Dickson is not interested in the presidency.

Even if he is, he doesn't stand a chance against any SE Governor. You know that. Ndi Igbo is bringing 5 states, 2 Governors in the SS and a united voting bloc in the SW.

Buhari won SW with 265k victory margin, only fools will not see the influence of Igbos in that. Again, INEC server has already shown PDP how powerful SE votes are.

SW 2023 is like Nigeria becoming world power in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lovemaester:

forget all these permutations, a northerner cannot replace another northerner in power, all these is just to negotiate position, if PDP does that, they will lose cos the north itself respect the zoning arrangement and by the way tambuwal and kwankwaso are both from the NW with buhari so it will not work.
There is always a first time. We will make it to work
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
what position did south West occupy in Jonathan regime even speaker was given to North west
It was zoned to the SW. It was the same Gbaja that is rearing up his ugly head to become speaker that led the coup against SW so that he would become deputy Speaker.

SE then took that position making the traitors to lose all.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
na igbos be governor for delta and rivers wetin igbos want again
In 2023, power is going to Ijaw or Urohobo in Delta while Ogoni is taking it in Rivers.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Jman06:
And who prevented southwest from producing the speaker of HOR in the person of Mulikat Akande Remember she was Jonathan's preferred candidate but Tinubu and Gbajabiamila fought against her candidacy. They supported Tambuwal instead!
God bless you. Greedy Tinubu wanted to produce Deputy Speaker but in their stupidity, SE took it.

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
IntrovertedK:
you know it has always been a fight to finish between SW/SE and funniest part is that there's no day SW has ever lost to SE. From Awolowo becoming the favourite over Azikiwe and Azikiwe greediness causing him 3 million lives of his kindred to OBJ emerging the flagbearer and subsequently the president over Akume and more, and more and more.
Bloody revisionists.

Awolowo never won any single political battle over Azikiwe. Awolowo was arrested for treason twice, go and find out why he was arrested during the first republic.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Naajjii: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Adaibeku:
Yes ur hatred for igbos and ur love for fulani killing
It's not hatred is just things that you people do and keep doing. Especially during the Nnamdi Kalu ( IPOB ) period alot of our thinking about you guys changed. That guy has chased alot of neutral people away from you guys. Lots of young people did research and realised how you started the first military coup in Nigeria and eliminated other leaders and left yours and the subsequently problems. And your hatred for Buhari aswell as the baby factory situation. So Am not hating o , just trying to let you people adjust and behave a bit better. Am not supporting fulani killing but am supporting the fact that grazing is a culture just like rural farmers. You can't just stop grazing a natural process without providing options.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
googi:
I keep on reading about this new found love between South-South and South-East.

It very good indeed. After all Igbo or Western-Igbo as they used to call themselves have been elected governors from Osadebe to Amechi.

Biko, tell me why all the properties Igbo lost have not been returned to them or their children, except in the WEST you hate so much.

Haha, this is 2019 and counting.

Oh, wait until the coming of Igbo President. My brothers will get everything back plus interest.

We don't need any abandoned properties again. SS are not traitors like SW, we don't have any problem with them.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by olas24u(f): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
TrueNigerian300:
Lol!!!

Pls dont underrate them,since they have ruled this country for 50 year now,they are very tactical and always have away .

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by ChristianNorth: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

Good. Take the ticket while we support our PDP northern candidate.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by GMPO(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
The southern Nigeria has be divided by the south Westerns.I wonder why the south Westerns thinks they can do it alone without the other southern regions(south south and south east).The last general election proved a fact that both regions (south south, south east)are going the same way politically.The Southwest have be abandoned by the other south.Well unless the PDP field a southern candidate, the next president will still come from the north.All thanks to the yorubas and their politics of disunity.

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by kikake: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

We all so had a gentle man agreement it must rotate in each Geo political region between north and south

So why are they south west interested again

Anything that allows south west to run breaks the agreement and also allows north to run

Tinubu/Osinbajo disrespect for zoning presidential slots is what is fueling north now to dream of retaining power after 2023.

The SW through Obasanjo and the Interim govt man had led Nigeria for shout 11 years.

Common sense and desire to retain one Nigeria dictate that the SE must succeed Buhari.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Philistine(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
RTSC:
Honestly, if this is the plan, there is nothing we can do to stop it.

A united south would have kept these people in check, but alas, we are not united.

Everybody trying to play smart when they are not smart at all.

Azikiwe managed to keep these guys in check. We have failed to learn how he did it.
How did Azikwe managed to keep them in check? Kindly enlighten us.
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by wideawaken01: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
helinues:
They are trying so hard but it is all exercise in futility .

Whether they like it or not, Power is coming to southern part in 2023 . Opened to SE/SW/SS

The South will learn a bitter lesson in 2023. Where is the unity that will bring power to the south?

With all these childish ranting and name calling like Afonja, IPIGS, and Zombies....

The North will shock all of us. We will see how the North will support the Yorubas whom they percieved did not vote PMB en Mass.

Southern people will learn a bitter lesson
Re: Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 by Slazim: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
Split the darn zoo so everyone can continue being in power at all times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Expose Muazu Underhand Dealings With APC – Fayose / Silverbird Reporter Beaten By Police During Resign Or Resume Protest In Abuja / Dino Melaye Drops New Song On His ‘return To PDP’ (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.