Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph (64631 Views)

Governor Sani Bello Evacuated By Helicopter From Abuja-Kaduna Expressway / Nnamdi Kanu’s 'Abduction' Bears Semblance To Kidnapping Of Umaru Dikko In 1984 / How Kidnap Of Umaru Dikko Was Foiled 34 Years Ago! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by joshjc(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
MrMcJay:

It is the mods on Nairaland.

They lack journalistic etiquette and are just setting Seum up for serious litigation in the future.

Each Nairalander is responsible for what he/she uploads on Nairaland but THE ADMIN, SUPERMOD AND MODERATORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT APPEARS ON THE FRONTPAGE.
correct this forum is not improving,years back nairaland was very educative, now what you see is bbn,Davido brushes Chiomas hear,. Regina Daniels and all other useless things

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Muscomide: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
There was absolutely no need for this graphic photo to be released to the public. Is nothing sacred any more? This is most disrespectful to the fallen soldier and his next of kin. In saner climes, the individual (most likely a colleague of the fallen soldier) who took this graphic photo will be fished out and punished.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by kiyosaki1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
MrMcJay:

They lack journalistic etiquette and are just setting Seum up for serious litigation in the future.

Each Nairalander is responsible for what he/she uploads on Nairaland but THE ADMIN, SUPERMOD AND MODERATORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT APPEARS ON THE FRONTPAGE.
shut up , what do you know about journalism and reporting, stop discouraging people about reporting news as it is , mofo .
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by frowland(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
hakanai:
RIP to the fallen!

How did it happen? Why wsan't he having his helmet? How did his head get that close to the blade?

Where are the safety mechanism and training for such people to prevent such accidents.

I suggest that a serious investigation be carried out. In order to improve safety of persons working with or around such machines.

Omo, helicopter blade will smash both helmet and the head. Seems you are underestimating that rotor.
Secondly, accidents of such happen sadly. In US, a fighter pilot was sucked into a jet engine, will you also say no training?
Dont you watch movies where those who highlight from chopper have to bend down?
Even landing spot have to also be higher to make such accidents difficult but not everytime you land on higher grounds.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by DaV8King(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
Chisos!!!

RIP Brave one, I pray your memory never fades!

S.B Abubakar sir, please name a safety related building or drill or something like that in NAF after this hero.

You immortalize him and at the same time teach people why safety is key

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Peejayx01(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
hakanai:
RIP to the fallen!

How did it happen? Why wsan't he having his helmet? How did his head get that close to the blade?

Where are the safety mechanism and training for such people to prevent such accidents.

I suggest that a serious investigation be carried out. In order to improve safety of persons working with or around such machines.
It was reported that the blade came off while in motion and he happened to be there
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by TempleHouse: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
This is a unprofessional display of incompetence by Nigeria Armed Forces.

Are they properly trained ? NO !

Should that happen in civilised world, Air force Chief would have resigned by now.

However, showing the graphic image after death is treasonous and embarrassing to the family !

May God comfort his young family !

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by DaV8King(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:
Head wey wan chop knock must chop knock . Even if the owner wears turban, he will leave small space to receive knock .

How will an helicopter with its blade so high chop someone's head ?

The tail rotor is much closer to ground level than the main rotor, as this accident sadly illustrates

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
zoba88:
An aircraft man identified as Umaru Abdul-Ganimu was killed by the blade of the Nigerian Air Force helicopter in the Bama area of Borno State.

The deceased who was said to be actively involved in the counter-insurgency Operation Lafiya Dole, was said to be passing through the side of the functioning rotor on Saturday when the blade hit his head.

Innalil

His family members were contacted by the NAF authorities and his body was removed for burial at the Maimalari Military Cemetery in Maiduguri.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/04/graphic-photos-of-soldier-killed-by.html

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by DaV8King(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
ainas247:
The guy must be very tall or the helicopter very short

Tail rotor is a lot closer to the ground than the main rotor sir

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by omocalabar(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
Kalapizim:
shut up angry
demerits of nepotism at play...if e pain u too much,...go hang ursef
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Muscomide: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
[quote author=Joromi12 post=77371804]who be the fool wey snap am[/quote

As in ehnnnn............
Some retards will snap anything
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by correctyourself(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
hakanai:
RIP to the fallen!

One of the safety is that once the engine starts working nobody is supposed to go close, even if you're the owner, by doing so the live of those already inside is in danger.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Ganjafama(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
MrMcJay:

That's why anything you post here must be from a reliable source. The op merely copied a blogger's post and posted it here. Nothing for Seun to be afraid of as long as he ensures that only verified news are posted here.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by dokyOloye: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
omocalabar:
ill trained mutherfuckers...no wonder boko haram is winning
Exactly.
Probably quota system product too.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Heartmender1: 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
I don't think this is possible.

Maybe he Probably trying to jump outside While the chopper hasn't landed successfully to the ground forgetting their is a blade above .

You know all this Nigeria soldiers like doing commando ontop nothing attimes
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by omocalabar(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
dokyOloye:

Exactly.
Probably quota system product too.
Not probably sir,..u are absolutely right..
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
He probarbly though that he was invincible, How many innocent civilians did he shoot, Assaulted, harrassed or brutalised? i have no sympathy for him.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by smileyoo: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
rip man. the physique of this brave man is not encouraging. govt should pls take good care of our fighting troops. I ' ve promised never to criticize bubu's govt again, in this dispensation, since such is what Nigerians wanted, but when I was a kid, I used to admire soldiers a lot, for their discipline, infact I almost became a soldier, but for the refusal of my dad, who made me to understand that one can only derive joy fighting for a just system, not an un_just one. I was angry with him then, but after many yrs I now realized what the old man meant.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Fatheroflove(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
One thousand ways to die. RIP dear soldier
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Reference(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
kema01:

It's always advised not 2pass 2tru d front of an helicopter / chopper. U can browse and see reason why 4urself.

Indeed the angle of attack of chopper rotors leans to the front.... because that is the general direction of flight.... but I thought this is only engaged once the aircraft lifts off.....

Blade strikes should be unheard of, to a crew member?....next to impossible. The aircraft was either faulty or someone remarkably careless.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by logan2(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
lack of proper training caused,rip to the dead sha
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Sanchez01: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
Looks like some final destination shvt!
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
I been dey think say na iron dey soldiers body o

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by sevo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:
Head wey wan chop knock must chop knock . Even if the owner wears turban, he will leave small space to receive knock .

The rotor my friend
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by radiolover(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
But could that be out of carelessness?
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by MrMcJay(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
kiyosaki1:
shut up , what do you know about journalism and reporting, stop discouraging people about reporting news as it is , mofo .

Sometime ago, the moderator of the Autos section was misbehaving with people like you goading him on. The day I had time to explain the legal implications of his actions to him and the criminal liability he's putting on Seun, Seun fired the mod.

For your information, truth is not a defence to defamation. There is a reason why the BBC has a code.

You definitely can't understand it cos it's not written for fools to understand.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by emezuo17: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:

. It's not that high, you are advised to stoop while coming out and there is a circumference you can not get close to while boarding or leaving a helicopter
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by godliman: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:

bros I think it is the tail rotor not the main one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Obi In Akwa Ibom / Protesters Attack Seriake Dickson’s House In Bayelsa (Photos) / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.