Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph (64628 Views)

Governor Sani Bello Evacuated By Helicopter From Abuja-Kaduna Expressway / Nnamdi Kanu’s 'Abduction' Bears Semblance To Kidnapping Of Umaru Dikko In 1984 / How Kidnap Of Umaru Dikko Was Foiled 34 Years Ago! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
I suspect that the helicopter has joined force with BH. See as the head was cut open. Such happens in Africa, Nigeria to be particular. Our men should add safety to all they do.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Adek65: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
R.I.P
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
I suspect that the � has joined force with BH. See as the head was cut open. Such happens in Africa, Nigeria to be particular. Our men should add safety to all they do.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by zoomzoom(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
[quote author=respect80 post=77367369]
Seriously, I'm as obfuscated by this story as I am each time I think of why Nigeria is as phocked as it is.

Helicopter, behead - it's obvious, there's something they aren't telling us, isn't there?

Preposterous I dare say.
They should tell us what really went down JOOR.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by SmartMugu: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
respect80:

Seriously, I'm as obfuscated by this story as I am each time I think of why Nigeria is as phocked as it is.

Helicopter, behead - it's obvious, there's something they aren't telling us, isn't there?

It's either the guy is too tall or the helicopter is too short. I've never heard of this kind of death before - you see stuff like this in American action movies, not in real life. It's one in a million.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by sharpwriter(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
frowland:

Omo, helicopter blade will smash both helmet and the head. Seems you are underestimating that rotor.
Secondly, accidents of such happen sadly. In US, a fighter pilot was socked into a jet engine, will you also say no training?
Dont you watch movies where those who highlight from chopper have to bend down?
Even landing spot have to also be higher to make such accidents difficult but not everytime you land on higher grounds.

You're right bro... i have always wondered why those whites bend down after highlighting from an helicopter in movies; becos I believe the helicopter is of course taller than people ... Seems I am just seeing reasons with this news ... one can't be too careful to take precautionary measures

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
I thought they said his head was caught off.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by Hoodbilonia: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
Its the tail rotor for back.
His mind was noy thr
He got his head chopped off
Fuc
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by faoogoke(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
It is not the rotor, that is the fan on the helicopter that cut of his head but the Rotor at the back.
Before every helicopter flight passengers are always told never to go through the back when the come down but to go through the front where the pilot can see the person. I guess he was not a pilot cos a pilot cant make that mistake. He is a soldier who flies once in a while. His soul rest in peace.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by donbenie(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:
Head wey wan chop knock must chop knock . Even if the owner wears turban, he will leave small space to receive knock .

How will an helicopter with its blade so high chop someone's head ?
It's actually the back rotor blade that can do this,
It's low enough to kill if one is not observant.. shocked
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by MetaPhysical: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by OyinO: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
This is unacceptable! Back in the 90s you can't see things like these happening in the army because the commanders will be demoted and deployed to Quarter Guard duty.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by MrMcJay(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ganjafama:
That's why anything you post here must be from a reliable source. The op merely copied a blogger's post and posted it here. Nothing for Seun to be afraid of as long as he ensures that only verified news are posted here.

Wrong.
Seun would be held jointly and severally liable for what appears on his platform.

Do you know that Seun could be personally sued for these graphic pictures that appear on NL?

Do you know that it is against the NBC code for gory pictures like this to appear on NL front page?
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by MrMcJay(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
OyinO:
This is unacceptable! Back in the 90s you can't see things like these happening in the army because the commanders will be demoted and deployed to Quarter Guard duty.

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by NNAMDIII(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
Rest on!
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by freethesheeple(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ayodehji202:
may his soul rest in peace

wetin him gain?? According to Victor Ad?
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by tokewale: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
Inna liLahi was inna ilayhi rajiun. May his gentle soul rest in peace. amin
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by crackhouse(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2019
What a sad way to die.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by ntyce(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
TempleHouse:
This is a unprofessional display of incompetence by Nigeria Armed Forces.

Are they properly trained ? NO !

Should that happen in civilised world, Air force Chief would have resigned by now.

However, showing the graphic image after death is treasonous and embarrassing to the family !

May God comfort his young family !

Olodo, keep forming I Too Know.
Why should Workforce chief resign?
That an officer failed to follow laid down procedure?

Bizarre incidents like this occur all over the world even in your so called civilized countries.
We have seen American soldiers drop bombs on their colleagues in cases of friendly fires, jet engine sucking up navy officers.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
faoogoke:
It is not the rotor, that is the fan on the helicopter that cut of his head but the Rotor at the back.
Before every helicopter flight passengers are always told never to go through the back when the come down but to go through the front where the pilot can see the person. I guess he was not a pilot cos a pilot cant make that mistake. He is a soldier who flies once in a while. His soul rest in peace.

This may be closest to the truth.

Nigerians tend to disregard safety practices or be totally ignorant of them. I went be surprised if the safety orientation on that base is poor. He probably approached a still moving chopper or did so from behind. A set of whirling rotor blades may be invisible while it was in motion. Inexperience is also likely to be a factor as you pointed out.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by AerialMapper: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
Commando that cannot avoid a spinning helicopter blade; is that one commando?

I can bet he was feeling cocky and didn’t bend low enough as per commando.

RIP Commando
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by AerialMapper: 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
faoogoke:

I do not think this is correct. The tail rotor spins vertically while the top rotor spins horizontally.

The cut to his head is a horizontal gash which couldn’t have been inflicted by the tail rotor

5 Likes

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by planetx: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2019
Most likely the tail rotor not the one on top the chopper.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by uchwar1: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:
Head wey wan chop knock must chop knock . Even if the owner wears turban, he will leave small space to receive knock .

it is the tail blade and not the the one on top
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by uchwar1: 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
[quote author=zoomzoom post=77372846][/quote]wait for the real incident. Amibo
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by pato1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lord receive his soul... Anoda fallen hero, this time its not bokoharam but handmaid death.... [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by darqly(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
I wish whoever took this pic didn't circulate it. Very tragic death indeed. I pray his family is consoled. There is obvious need for the men to be better sensitized on the hazards of their work equipment as well.
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by elmodee7(m): 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:

Ur stupidity and ignorance is certified unique and legendary. haven't you heard of a helicopter tail blade.

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by dederocs(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
Expensive error shocked
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by JOMAX: 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:

stop this please. There are tail rotors and he got his bag and made a wrong turn in a hurry. Shit happens... where is your conscience?
Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by smeag0l(m): 7:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
More so as the person has been fighting the boko haram insurgency for years without getting killed?Ori ti o ba ma je iko aa je ko.
Officialgarri:

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph by vexing(m): 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
Officialgarri:

Abeg help me ask them oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Obi In Akwa Ibom / Protesters Attack Seriake Dickson’s House In Bayelsa (Photos) / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.