Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,895 members, 7,931,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:27 PM

Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide (4193 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by Onlytruth(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2010
I laugh at all these Yoruba folks who are suffering heart burn over Igbo man's electoral choices and preferred options.
Pray, when did we ever tell these Yoruba folks who to vote for in the past? I'm truly baffled by this level of hubris! shocked

I will vote for whoever ensures that Ndigbo feel like Nigerians once again by giving us our due in Nigeria. I really feel that Ndigbo must exhaust all options to produce a Nigerian president in 2015. If all of the efforts fail, then, we must seriously deploy our natural talents to quickly dismantle Nigeria. It would be 45 years since after the war by then. If we commit fully to it, we can bring Nigeria down in under 5 years.  cool
Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by Onlytruth(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2010
Beaf:

That is the wise thing (and the only choice) for any minority that has not been given any guarantees by the two gladiating behemoths, don't you think? To both sides, we were mere puns and so we behaved in a way that we weren't labelled and wiped out. The case for the Efiks, Ibibios and some Ijaws is very different, they were always in the Eastern region; the Isoko, Itsekiri, Urhobo and Western Ijaw were all in the Midwest region.

I don't know what you mean by voting with the North, Festus Okotie Eboh was in Ziks party, NCNC. The founding fathers of the Midwest region were Dennis Osadebay (NCNC), Jereton Marierie (NCNC), and James Otobo (AGN). Of course, we started out in alliance with the East with whom we share long borders and were against the West, because Awo's policies were percieved as divisive and the West did not initially support an autonomous Midwest.

The schism with NCNC in the region was created after Osadebay was foisted over Omo Osagie (Edo) and Jereton Marierie (Urhobo); this move particularly upset the Edo, because as early as 1952, Oba Akenzua had already personally taken on the fight for the creation of the MidWest region. You need to look into that to satisfy your question, but we don't hold tightly to the past; politics like life, is a fluid game, sometimes we agree, at other times we don't. Should we be enemies pointing fingers generations later? I think not.

You know what Beaf, sometimes I wish there is a repeat of a Biafra like scenario again in Nigeria so that people will pick sides once again. Not that I expect any difference undecided, but I suspect that the 1967 issue wasn't properly consummated. There was too much ignorance and suspicion then. A lot that happened didn't make sense.
I suspect that a repeat would likely enjoy some fundamental differences.
Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by Beaf: 10:16am On Sep 14, 2010
Onlytruth:

You know what Beaf, sometimes I wish there is a repeat of a Biafra like scenario again in Nigeria so that people will pick sides once again. Not that I expect any difference undecided, but I suspect that the 1967 issue wasn't properly consummated. There was too much ignorance and suspicion then. A lot that happened didn't make sense.
I suspect that a repeat would likely enjoy some fundamental differences.

Thats a horrible wish, but I get what you are driving at. Yes, if there was a repeat, everyone would plan better; Edo and Delta would be Biafra's close and friendly, independent allies or (very long stretch) Delta and Edo would actually be in Biafra; there would of course, also be an Oduduwa republic in the SW.
Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by houvest: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2010
Beaf:

That is the wise thing (and the only choice) for any minority that has not been given any guarantees by the two gladiating behemoths, don't you think? To both sides, we were mere puns and so we behaved in a way that we weren't labelled and wiped out. The case for the Efiks, Ibibios and some Ijaws is very different, they were always in the Eastern region; the Isoko, Itsekiri, Urhobo and Western Ijaw were all in the Midwest region.

I don't know what you mean by voting with the North, Festus Okotie Eboh was in Ziks party, NCNC. The founding fathers of the Midwest region were Dennis Osadebay (NCNC), Jereton Marierie (NCNC), and James Otobo (AGN). Of course, we started out in alliance with the East with whom we share long borders and were against the West, because Awo's policies were percieved as divisive and the West did not initially support an autonomous Midwest.

The schism with NCNC in the region was created after Osadebay was foisted over Omo Osagie (Edo) and Jereton Marierie (Urhobo); this move particularly upset the Edo, because as early as 1952, Oba Akenzua had already personally taken on the fight for the creation of the MidWest region. You need to look into that to satisfy your question, but we don't hold tightly to the past; politics like life, is a fluid game, sometimes we agree, at other times we don't. Should we be enemies pointing fingers generations later? I think not.
I do not really know much about Okotie Eboh, Osadebey vs Osagie et al but your postulation as to the situation of the midwest then especially after the Aburi fiasco is quite sincere. Your suggestion for burying the hatchet is also quite profound only that the victim finds it difficult to forgive especially when the perceived agent provocateurs appear not to have repented of his acts nor apologised.And this goes for all sides. THE OPUTA panel would have been helpful but for OBJ's hidden agenda  that incapacitated its proceedings and  findings . GEJ  or whoever comes next could revisit that initiative in order to give Nigeria a fresh  start.
Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by CareTaker1(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2010
Beaf:

We have to rebuild by reconciliation. Renovating even a once beautiful edifice takes an uglier process;
you will have to make it uglier b4 it could become better. The memories of our past will serve us well if
we could effectively interpret it and wisely employ same to build our dear native land, see our mistakes, forgive one another, bury our differences, look up, see and focus on the future and be determined to succeed.
Quitting will only qualify us as failures forever while victory is assured if we refuse to see quitting as an option.
Re: Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide by Eziachi: 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2010
Care-Taker:

We have to rebuild by reconciliation. Renovating even a once beautiful edifice takes an uglier process;
you will have to make it uglier b4 it could become better. The memories of our past will serve us well if
we could effectively interpret it and wisely employ same to build our dear native land, see our mistakes, forgive one another, bury our differences, look up, see and focus on the future and be determined to succeed.
Quitting will only qualify us as failures forever while victory is assured if we refuse to see quitting as an option.

Great post and points!
Nigerians are busy lying and decieving themselves. To deal with a badly constructed house, some times you had to take difficult measures and it can mean pulling down entirely and start afresh.  Nigeria from day one was badly concieved and constructed and need a surgical chance to mend it, but they are busy telling themselves all will be okay is they sweep the past under the carpet.

An old wound will not heal, unless you open it up, wash it and start dressing it and it will be very painful at the start but in the end it will pay off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forgotten War Crimes And Crimes Against Humanity Against Eastern Nigerians. / Quotes From Professor Yemi Osinbajo's Interview With Channels Tv / Tribunal Ruling: APC Now Has 20 House Members, PDP 11 In Rivers State's Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.