Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,881 members, 7,876,355 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1584512 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 3:17am On Dec 13, 2012
Luul: Nairobi isnt all that. I WENT there a few months ago. the police are very corrupt.
Believe it or not, NO city in this world is ALL glam and glitz. Even "developed" nations have their share of rot but they are just good at not highlighting it while they are great at highlighting the negatives in developing nations. These pictures are only meant to show a side of Kenya that literally shocks most in the west because all they ever see in their media are the slums and the poverty. I enjoy seeing their incredulous looks when they first realize that not everyone in Africa lives in abject poverty. I have been asked questions like: Are there cars in Kenya? Does Kenya have currency or do people still use barter trade to transact business? One even told me that when she thinks about Africa she only thinks about big bugs and diseases. Someone I know was asked whether people in Kenya live in houses or on trees. Poverty exists in America too as this picture shows. You would never see this anywhere in the news in America.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 3:22am On Dec 13, 2012
Poverty in America... who knew?

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 3:31am On Dec 13, 2012
More poverty in America...

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 3:33am On Dec 13, 2012
More...

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Princess1982(f): 3:40am On Dec 13, 2012
We have poverty here in America just not to the magnitude as some foreign countries. I kind of think they show us the poverty in other countries to keep us opening our wallets. America is still the biggest contributor to Africa when it comes to sending Aid both our government and Private citizens donate more than any other county in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
Southern Nairobi

^^^ Southern bypass under construction.I will get updates soon. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
Northern Nairobi

Given the golf fairways, fairly extensive tree cover going north into Kiambu county.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by jessen: 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
majosh: Poverty in America... who knew?
Yes we may have poverty in America, but I being Kenyan, the levels of poverty in America is nothing compared to ours here. Therefore instead of focusing on the American poverty, we as Kenyans should focus on reducing the levels and large scale poverty in our beautiful blessed county. Let's find ways to put our youth into gainful employment, have well planned cities and towns and so many other negatives affecting us.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinedudr: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
railway station

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:50am On Dec 15, 2012
jessen:
Yes we may have poverty in America, but I being Kenyan, the levels of poverty in America is nothing compared to ours here. Therefore instead of focusing on the American poverty, we as Kenyans should focus on reducing the levels and large scale poverty in our beautiful blessed county. Let's find ways to put our youth into gainful employment, have well planned cities and towns and so many other negatives affecting us.

Agreed.Lets focus on Africa.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:51am On Dec 15, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:00am On Dec 15, 2012
Magical Kenya

Narok - Mai-mahiu

Emali - Oloitokitok

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:03am On Dec 15, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 5:21am On Dec 15, 2012
Princess1982: We have poverty here in America just not to the magnitude as some foreign countries. I kind of think they show us the poverty in other countries to keep us opening our wallets. America is still the biggest contributor to Africa when it comes to sending Aid both our government and Private citizens donate more than any other county in the world.
The pictures are not meant to compare the magnitude of poverty in America. They are simply meant to show that there is poverty in America TOO, which the American media NEVER EVER want the rest of the world to know about. There is no logic in comparing the magnitude of poverty in America which has been independent for 236 years and Kenya which has been independent for only 49 years. This was in reply to someone who said "Nairobi is not all that" but my point is that if one is looking for faults, one can find them EVERYWHERE, including wealthier nations like America.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by majosh: 5:39am On Dec 15, 2012
jessen:
Like I said, my aim is not to compare levels of povery in America and Kenya. Someone said "Nairobi is not all that," and that's what I was responding to by showing those who ONLY want to focus on the poverty in Kenya and not the positive side, that poverty exists even in wealthier countries. Most of the pictures of Kenya shown on this site are so beautiful and I've used them to show people who are often shocked to see this side of Kenya.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by leilamira: 6:14am On Dec 15, 2012
GALLIVANT.Great work.i think you should start a group likes this in facebook and twitter we market our beautiful country.i know many kenyans will appreciatre it.looking forward for this kind of pictures in facebook.i never knew kenya has so many beautiful places . .spread the gospel everywhere sweatheart
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dereWaMatt: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
beautifull..galivant c ukieza post hizo picha za last kwa zile thread za ssc.zimestall.thnx.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2012
Anyone know if this is true? I learnt that you can get your visa at point of entry in nairobi airport how true is this? Going for tour from nigeria....
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
Mount Kenya Safari Club - Central Province

Cricket match on the beach - Mombasa

On the shores of Lake Victoria - Nyanza Province

Male lions in Masai Mara

Rural farmland & forests on flight to Marsabit

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 1k001(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
Horladortune: Anyone know if this is true? I learnt that you can get your visa at point of entry in nairobi airport how true is this? Going for tour from nigeria....

Yes it is. I've been twice and got a visa at the airport. I'm going back in a week!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
1k001:

Yes it is. I've been twice and got a visa at the airport. I'm going back in a week!
what do i need to take along for me to be issued the visa at point of entry?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
Church in Mai Mahiu, Rift Valley Province

Hell's Gate National Park

Lake Oloiden

Ol Choro Oiroua Wildlife Conservancy

A day at The University of Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
The Great Gallivant has Blessed us with more Greatness.

The Sublime Beauty of Kenya
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:08am On Dec 19, 2012
~Royal~:
The Great Gallivant has Blessed us with more Greatness.

The Sublime Beauty of Kenya

Thanks.I try my best.grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:13am On Dec 19, 2012
Northern Kenya

A2 - Isiolo county, with Mount Kenya in the background.

By Farn Yue Cheung, Flickr.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:20am On Dec 19, 2012
Mount Kenya

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 1k001(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
Horladortune: what do i need to take along for me to be issued the visa at point of entry?

passport, return ticket, $50 is all you need. Immigration usually asks the purpose of your visit and where you'll be staying.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
1k001:

passport, return ticket, $50 is all you need. Immigration usually asks the purpose of your visit and where you'll be staying.
so i should just board a kenya to and fro ticket? A hotel reservation, passport and $50? Can i say i came for a tour? What do i need to provide for tour?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:09am On Dec 20, 2012
Horladortune: so i should just board a kenya to and fro ticket? A hotel reservation, passport and $50? Can i say i came for a tour? What do i need to provide for tour?

What are your intentions in Kenya? smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:26am On Dec 20, 2012
Water Buffalo Exodus - Tsavo East National Park

Highlands, Nyeri County

Amboseli National Park with Kilimanjaro in the background

Nairobi

Manda Island Sunset - Coast Province

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.