Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,463 members, 7,944,305 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) (9794 Views)

International Glass Industries Back In Abia State - Ikpeazu - Photos / Coca-cola Phases Out Returnable Bottles! / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2010
I have been researching for a while on recycling waste products in Nigeria to reduce water- and air pollution as well as dependence on landfills and incinerators.

Traditionally most garbage is buried in landfills. But landfills are filling up and closing down all over Nigeria. Incineration is poor alternatives. Even with pollution controls, incinerators are the largest new source of air pollution in most communities in Nigeria. Additionally incinerators produce millions of tons of toxin ash, which still have to go to landfills.

See the following links to get a feeling on what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J8eHSkFSp0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0xpRk7MYNg

For this reason, I have decided to start a recycling program. I have many projects at hand to help my country.
The first project planned for the year 2011 is recycling any kind of bottles. One of my goals for this project is to know shapes and sizes of the bottles that are wastes for the communities.

My fellow Nigerians could you please tell me any kind of bottles, that you think they are waste. It is hard for me to figure this out because I am not based in Nigeria. I will really appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by okunoba(m): 12:40am On Sep 16, 2010
I think u need to be in Nigeria to find out, I am also interested in setting up a recycling business in Nigeria, if u based in the UK we can meet up and see if we can work out something together. Let me know what u think.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for your response. I stay in Germany lo! I have no problem working with other people. I don't think we have to stay in Nigeria to run the business, there are a lot of business out there, that are virtual. All we need is trust and discipline.
We can discuss this later on skype. I shall send you more details on our meeting online.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by KayB: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
laudable idea which will solve our environmental challenges d waste includes beer bottles, louvres, pharmaceuticals but it would have been greater if it were plastic materials
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by tunjiajayi: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2010
your idea is brilliant and green. As an enviromentalist, recycling is the way to go.if you give a template of the info you need i could work at that as i am in Nigeria.

Olatunji

tunji.ajayi1@gmail.com
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2010
Thanks guys!

@KayB like I said “I have many projects at hand to help my country” plastics is one of my projects but I can’t do all at a time, my principle is to earn before spending huge amount on a project. I would say generally all Nigerian wastes should be recycled.

It will be nice if we can meet on Skype to discuss on our projects, so to say we could form a group and exchange our knowledge. This is how all successful organisations or companies also started.

I have created a link to schedule our meeting. I am inviting anyone who is interested in Recycling Program, disciplined and hardworking. Talented people in other fields are welcomed as well.
Please kindly follow this link http://www.doodle.com/bua5dq34mt9u8irz and check the days that you will be able to attend the meeting. Since we shall be attending the meeting from different countries, it is possible to update the TIME ZONE (to see the time in your area), please take note of this when choosing your availabilities. Multiple days are allowed to be checked. I shall conclude on a common day and time. Please register latest by Friday 24.09.2010, so that I can announce the meeting date by Saturday 25.09.2010.

Venue for the meeting:
Location: online using Skype. Click this link if you don’t know about Skype http://www.skype.com/intl/en/home .
Time: This shall be announced on Saturday 25.09.2010.
Meeting program: This will be published latest on Sunday 26.09.2010.
Duration: Maximum 2 hours, depending on how many people will be attending.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by royhan: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
well it is a good challange if u are of true mind,if you look in to this it will be better of i mean recyclin of nylon like pure water nylon,pollybags this due to the fact that it is avaliable every where.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by naijacutee(f): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
royhan:

well it is a good challange if u are of true mind,if you look in to this it will be better of i mean recyclin of nylon like pure water nylon,pollybags this due to the fact that it is avaliable every where.

I agree. I think that nylon bags are much more of a nuisance, and more "collectible" than bottles (even though I think recycling bottles is a good idea as well).

What can bottles be recycled into though? Can they be melted and turned into other useful plastic materials? Can they be just cut and used for something else?
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2010
Thanks guys for your responses!
@royhan: I meant it well, but this will only be possible if the tasks to be accomplished are distributed and managed well. This is why I don’t mind doing this with other committed Nigerians. I am not aiming to do this as a business; I want to do this because I love my country and to generate little means of earning for the needy. But of course I believe when people invest their time and some money on something, there should be rewards for that lo!

@naijacutee : Bottles can be use to build houses, I mean as bricks, see this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWRHt7tYlI which I believe we can do better. Besides using bottles as bricks, you can also sell fine aggregate to the makers of plastic timbers, concrete and you can also sell it to be used in landscaping, glass aggregate is a commodity that is widely used in the construction field now.

@Both: You are totally right that “nylon bags or pure water nylon are much more of a nuisance”, it can be melted and formed into other product, but think of the process without having to endanger the health of other Nigerians. For environmental friendly case, you will need machines to do the processing of plastic bags into other form of products. The question is that who is ready to pay or buy these machines? They are very expensive, due to this fact I taught of recyclable products that need less investment (which are papers and bottles) and then this first step of recycling will gradually generate fund to acquire other equipment needed to process other sort of recyclable products.
Two of our goals in this new group we want to form, are planning and estimating costs on all kinds of recyclable products. You may join as well because your talent and knowledge shall be needed. Check previous post on how to register for our first meeting.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by aeon(m): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2010
You are doing this to help ur Country and not for business abi? Oga talk better jo. That familiar pattern is starting to form hmmmm!
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 22, 2010
@aeon: You can't judge a book by its cover.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by aeon(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2010
Ok No problem. Its just dat u love ur country thing u keep saying is meant to arouse peoples emotions and at the end of the day. U smile in Germany and they end up, well, u know where
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by blunt1990: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
;
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by blunt1990: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
@honeycome
I appreciate your effort and will like to be part of it for business purpose tho. I have designed a couple of Waste Recycling Plants, Wastewater plants and Landfill Sites in UK before I came back to Nigeria to start up a company with three other Nigerians(we are all Civil Engineers with Masters degrees,some with PHD from UK). We are in Abuja at the moment and it has not been that easy. We are working real hard to stabilise hence our relunctance to work without financial returns/attachment. You can write us on info@astuteltd.com so that we can devise a means to work together
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by KayB: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2010
@honey,just b4 d meeting u should know by now wat is obtainable in nigeria as regards to wastes and return on investment especially from all that responded from nigeria but to help ur research as an entrepreneur i came across an outfit in africa that recycles dirty polythene(LDPE) to poles used for countruction at a cheap process. infact U.S. and some countries are interested to learn abt it because it was awarded last year.
@ blunt
d location and people + govt policy of abuja is not d best for dat project
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by blunt1990: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2010
@KayB
Am aware of that hence our concentration on design and construction (housing,roads,bridges etc) for now until we stabilise
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by KayB: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2010
@blunt - imagine FG awarding N926million contract to import british dust bin whn ur kind of outfit can be more impactful with less amount
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
Hi Guys,

I thank you all for participating in scheduling our first meeting. As we can see from the result that majority of us voted for Sep 29, 2010 8:00 PM (Nigerian Time Zone), see http://www.doodle.com/bua5dq34mt9u8irz for the end poll result. So I hereby announce that our meeting shall hold on Sep 29, 2010 8:00 PM (Nigerian Time Zone).

If you are not located in Nigeria use this link http://www.doodle.com/bua5dq34mt9u8irz to select your time zone, please select your time zone from the selection menu to know the specific time for your area.

Please note that all participants must be online (Skype) latest by 07:50 PM. The meeting will proceed on the dot of 08:00 PM. If you don’t want to miss any information, then please be on time.

Please make sure that all listed below are fulfilled before Sep 29, 2010 7:50 PM (Nigerian Time Zone), if you want to participate in the meeting.
1. Download Skype http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/and install it on your computer. It is free to use it.
2. Create a Username with Skype and make a test call by following the instructions. Note you shall need speaker and microphone.
3. Send me your Skype username as a message using message link on Narialand forum, latest by Sep 29, 2010 07:00 PM. I shall add you to “Recycling Program Conversation”. So that we can all make a free conference call.
4. Run Skype and login on Sep 29, 2010 before 07:50 PM, immediately I see you online, I shall send you an identification number (ID) and Password of this website “http://go.teamviewer.com/”. This will be needed to view my power point document that I shall be presenting on Sep 29, 2010 on your computer at the same time. Note that once the meeting as started, I shall not send any identification number (ID) and Password.
5. Provide the info on step 4 to view the presentation. This viewing is also free.

If you have anything to present that day, please let me know so that it can also be added to our program for that day.
Note: All participants will have to introduce him/herself to other members, prepare this before the meeting please. (Your name? Occupation? Resident? And your aim?)
. It would be nice if you can send this with your Skype username, so that I can display this info on a power point presentation while you are talking through the micro phone, because not everybody gets all information at once by hearing.

So guys, have a wonderful time and till Sep 29, 2010 7:50 PM.

All time listed here are in Nigerian Time Zone
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tentative Agenda for the meeting on Sep 29, 2010

[img]http://www.shoppers-ville.de/images/Slide1.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.shoppers-ville.de/images/Slide2.GIF[/img]
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by damas11111(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2010
@honeycome

Please tell me how to send u my skype username using the message link, cos I dont know.

Thanks.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2010
Sorry, I realised that this forum don't have that option.

Ok you all can add me to your skype contacts list my skype name is "oloyinde" . Note that I have two skype names. Make sure you choose the one with skype name "oloyinde"

Please add this note "Recycling Program Nigeria" while sending me contact request. Thanks!
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by deribigbe(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ Poster,
I wish to be part of the program just mail me and let me know what item I should go in search for I have once taught of these bizness but. yaderibigbe01@yahoo.com
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
@deribidgbe: Thanks for your interest. Please read previous posts. If you have time, you can come for the meeting as well.

For those who are interested but would not be able to attend the meeting, I shall give you a feedback on how the participants in the upcoming meeting want to treat issues like this.

All I know for now is that this program can only be succeeded if we all take every meeting serious because communication through meeting together is very important for now.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by deribigbe(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ honeycome as I see the next meeting plan I can make it by that time thats just the problem for me 7.50pm I cant make it Please find some alternative for me
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2010
@deribigbe : What time can you make it? If you will be few minutes late, then I can personal send you the ID and password per email.
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by deribigbe(m): 11:02am On Sep 29, 2010
@ honeycome I only have 10.am to 5.pm to be online !
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by larryup1: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ Honey and Dayo , Thanks for this wonderful meeting we had tonight on skype about our proposed Recycling biz, Hmmm i pray that God will see us through .Amen
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by KayB: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
i'm really sorry i didnt meet up but i guess it's brainstorming
Re: Recycling Program (Glass bottles Recycling Project 2011) by damas11111(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2010
@larry-up,

It was nice to be part of the first meeting. Hoping to progress further. Honeycome, well done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Extends BVN To Microfinance Banks, Gives July 31 Deadline / Contemporary 2bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Loan Institutes To Borrow Money Using USSD Code In Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.