Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,323 members, 7,888,019 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:41 PM

Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki (5264 Views)

BREAKING News - Chatham House: Jonathan’s Rented Crowd In Show Of Shame - / Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / Don’t Be Deceived By Osinbajo, PDP Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by bisolaoni: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2010
The truth is that Goodluck Jonathan is a dull, uncharismatic man, with no vision for Nigeria. He is the most unaccomplished and unremarkable of all the presidential contestants. He has no grand plan for Nigeria, and any promises he has made have been hurriedly concocted to take advantage of an opportunity that he was not prepared for.

Anyone who is supporting Goodluck Jonathan is not doing it because the man is the best of the field. I have never seen so much money spent on promoting a thorough-going mediocrity such as GEJ. If the candidates are ranked, Goodluck Jonathan would not even make the first 5.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by debeginin(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2010
We've heard.Go and rent your own!
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by MRMoneyE(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
bisola_oni:

The truth is that Goodluck Jonathan is a dull, uncharismatic man, with no vision for Nigeria. He is the most unaccomplished and unremarkable of all the presidential contestants. He has no grand plan for Nigeria, and any promises he has made have been hurriedly concocted to take advantage of an opportunity that he was not prepared for.

Anyone who is supporting Goodluck Jonathan is not doing it because the man is the best of the field. I have never seen so much money spent on promoting a thorough-going mediocrity such as GEJ. If the candidates are ranked, Goodluck Jonathan would not even make the first 5.

[size=20pt]SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST[/size]  
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Hussain555(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
Nigerians are now waking up. GEJ could have earned many people's trust but for his team, he dosen't seem any different.
The fact that Jose Mourinho is managing for Stoke City would not really change their fate against other team of better rep.
When you are in a bad team, you can't be productive.
Let's say GEJ dumps PDP for ACN to run with Ribadu, then I can say he has prospects.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Hussain555(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
Nigerians are now waking up. GEJ could have earned many people's trust but for his team, he dosen't seem any different.
The fact that Jose Mourinho is managing for Stoke City would not really change their fate against other team of better rep.
When you are in a bad team, you can't be productive.
Let's say GEJ dumps PDP for ACN to run with Ribadu, then I can say he has prospects.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by topsywest(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
[b[table]]The truth is that Goodluck Jonathan is a dull, uncharismatic man, with no vision for Nigeria. He is the most unaccomplished and unremarkable of all the presidential contestants. He has no grand plan for Nigeria, and any promises he has made have been hurriedly concocted to take advantage of an opportunity that he was not prepared for.

Anyone who is supporting Goodluck Jonathan is not doing it because the man is the best of the field. I have never seen so much money spent on promoting a thorough-going mediocrity such as GEJ. If the candidates are ranked, Goodluck Jonathan would not even make the first [/b] 5.[/table]
I agree with you. Very spot on and on point.
Something deep in me does not agree with this Jonathan guy.
The way he goes about reminds me of the bad old days of the abacha campaign ie who d cap fits, and million man match. etc
He is so uncharismatic and simply not prepared for this. However, I fear for Nigeria becos GEJ is directionless.

You only attract what you are,  Imagine his wife not been able to even read dierctly from a written speech! Without commiting blunders. It shows how unintlligent they both are.

Cheers!
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Fhemmmy: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2010
Na wa oh, freedom of speech seems to be a bad thing sometimes
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by topsywest(m): 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Na wa oh, freedom of speech seems to be a bad thing sometimes

@fhemmy: How do you mean?
Pls be more explicit!
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by topsywest(m): 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2010
bisola_oni:

@bisola_oni
I agree with you. Very spot on and on point.
Something deep in me does not agree with this Jonathan guy.
The way he goes about reminds me of the bad old days of the abacha campaign ie who d cap fits, and million man match. etc
He is so uncharismatic and simply not prepared for this. However, I fear for Nigeria becos GEJ is directionless.

You only attract what you are, Imagine his wife not been able to even read dierctly from a written speech! Without commiting blunders. It shows how un-intelligent they both are.

GEj is quite desperate. All his body language lends credence to this fact. What just makes it sickening is his use of state machinery (Funds and Power) agianst his perceived opponents.

One thing I know for sure is: If Jonathan is stripped of incumbency, then he is not a match, for the likes of Dr Saraki, IBB, Atiku or even Gusau.

I rest my Case.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by namdo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
it is not how eloquent or charismatic or , name whatever you like. It is what you can actually offer for the poor ordinary teaming masses in Nigeria to reduce or even eliminate their sufferings and hopelessness that would count. People are tired of high-sounding words without genuine intentions and actions when elected.

GEJ has shown some good examples ( i am not about great speeches but about good conscience and sincere governance- decisions in governance are not just made by the leader alone but through assistance of expert/experienced advisers). My problem with GEJ is that he is still PDP and i hope he would not lame-out when opposition intensifies from the be-deviled politicians and their selfish supporters otherwise he deserves a chance because of his masses-oriented disposition.

Ribadu is an unbiased man but needs experience in governance, I would have preferred him in 2015 after heading some government ministration positions or even being a vice president.

na my opinion, no ills.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by fxmaxony(m): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2010
Saraki is a joker,

let me save my words, if he had been appointed Jonathan's vice through Governor's forum would he have resigned o declare for president.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2010
namdo:

it is not how eloquent or charismatic or , name whatever you like. It is what you can actually offer for the poor ordinary teaming masses in Nigeria to reduce or even eliminate their sufferings and hopelessness that would count. People are tired of high-sounding words without genuine intentions and actions when elected.

GEJ has shown some good examples ( i am not about great speeches but about good conscience and sincere governance- decisions in governance are not just made by the leader alone but through assistance of expert/experienced advisers). My problem with GEJ is that he is still PDP and i hope he would not lame-out when opposition intensifies from the be-deviled politicians and their selfish supporters otherwise he deserves a chance because of his masses-oriented disposition.

Ribadu is an unbiased man but needs experience in governance, I would have preferred him in 2015 after heading some government ministration positions or even being a vice president.

na my opinion, no ills.

Your first sentence really captured a lot of what is missing in Nigerian political discuss. You find that quite a few people hang unto rather empty personal descriptions of totally harmless personal attributes, because they would rather deflect from the more salient points like a candidates sincerity, morality, vision and sense of purpose. Indeed, quite a few people seem to mistake loudness for vision, which is rather unfortunate.
It is focusing on attributes that creates the opening for candidates whose only "qualities" are tribal (zoning) and the billions of public funds they have stolen.

Jonathan remains the best candidate by a long short, followed by Ribadu.

As for political parties, they are all bad. What we need to do is ensure that political debates are not about emptiness, rumour, falsehood and tribalism; this is the only way we can get the good guys (like GEJ and Ribadu) to come through and gradually purge the criminals from our politics.
People like Saraki should not even be in politics.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by topsywest(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2010
Beaf:

Your first sentence really captured a lot of what is missing in Nigerian political discuss. You find that quite a few people hang unto rather empty personal descriptions of totally harmless personal attributes, because they would rather deflect from the more salient points like a candidates [s]sincerity, morality, vision and sense of purpose. Indeed, quite a few people seem to mistake loudness for vision, which is rather unfortunate.
It is focusing on attributes that creates the opening for candidates whose only "qualities" are tribal (zoning) and the billions of public funds they have stolen.

Jonathan remains the best candidate by a long short, followed by Ribadu.

As for political parties, they are all bad. What we need to do is ensure that political debates are not about emptiness, rumour, falsehood and tribalism; this is the only way we can get the good guys (like GEJ and Ribadu) to come through and gradually purge the criminals from our politics.
People like Saraki should not even be in politics.

I agree with you. It is not about eloquence or charisma but you know a leader when you see one. I'm afraid these leadership qualities and more
are simply lacking in our president.

@namdo, Nice comment! You are not particular about great speeches fine! But can you at least point at one solid achievement your darling GEJ has done since he assumed office which should qualify/justify his running for this position?

Further more, what exactly do you mean by his mass-oriented disposition?

Look, the fact remains that GEJ has no record on which to lean, in his desire to become president in 2011. His entire public service record reveals an incurable mediocrity: a nondescript deputy director at NDDC; a cowardly deputy governor in Bayelsa; a governor whose wife ended up stealing millions of dollars (according to Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC); a scheming vice president and now a divisive and below-average president!

No ill feelings pls, It's just my opinion.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Thespecialone(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2010
Crowd renting?

Old News. They all rent crowds.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2010
Thespecialone:

Crowd renting?

Old News. They all rent crowds.

Abi ke. Saraki's father has been renting the talakawas of Kwara State for decades running.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
topsywest:

I agree with you. It is not about eloquence or charisma but you know a leader when you see one. I'm afraid these leadership qualities and more
are simply lacking in our president.

@namdo, Nice comment! You are not particular about great speeches fine! But can you at least point at one solid achievement your darling GEJ has done since he assumed office which should qualify/justify his running for this position?

Further more, what exactly do you mean by his mass-oriented disposition?

Look, the fact remains that GEJ has no record on which to lean, in his desire to become president in 2011. His entire public service record reveals an incurable mediocrity: a nondescript deputy director at NDDC; a cowardly deputy governor in Bayelsa; a governor whose wife ended up stealing millions of dollars (according to Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC); a scheming vice president and now a divisive and below-average president!

No ill feelings pls, It's just my opinion.

If you agree with me, you wouldn't propagate the same emptiness I have said is the bane of Nigerian politics. That emptiness includes spreading or attempting to spread false rumours, tribalism, zoning and all other backward characteristics that have only served to hold Nigeria back while enriching corrupt cliques beyond the wildest dream of the desperately impoverished common man.

You have mentioned Jonathans record at NDDC, Deputy Governor of Bayelsa and Governor of Bayelsa. To most thinking Nigerians, certain traits stick out; they are lack of corruption  or scandal. To an unfortunate set of Nigerians who celebrate corrupt money though, an upright man with direction, who follows due process can only be "visionless," because he is neither stealing, nor is he allowing them steal.

As for your smear against Patience Jonathan "stealing millions of dollars (according to Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC)," Why does it surprise me to note that Nuhu Ribadu has come out strongly to state that the story is TOTALLY FALSE? Nigeria is a country that has been ruled by rumour, gossip and lies; but today, change has come and we must begin to challenge all rumour mongers to provide proof of their statements (they always do a runner when asked).
Nuhu Ribadu has stated categorically that he never ever indicted Patience Jonathan, that the rumour you are carrying was created to spoil both his name and Jonathans during the 2007 elections. Try another lie.

What the country needs at this time are men who stand for the good and for the common man, not men whose claim to office and "experience" is the billions they have stolen from the Nigerian purse and the innocent blood they have spilt.

Jonathan Goodluck is a good man, so is Ribadu; the rest are clowns, criminals and polished thugs with sticky fingers. Saraki is a joke.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by namdo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Topsywest, , just a few i can readily remember,  grin grin grin------masses - oriented results, in just few months as leader:
- For the common man in Nigeria, there is now fuel in the filling stations. What was happening before now? You should have the answer.
- In April, two months after assuming office as acting president, Jonathan was invited by Obama to attend the nuclear security summit. After the four-day visit, aides said Jonathan had held "successful" talks with the American President.
About nine days after his return to the country, foreign affairs minister Odein Ajumogobia told reporters, that the United States had removed Nigeria from the terror list. This was considered a major achievement of the Jonathan Presidency. But there were more happy tidings to come from the US administration to a man considered by many to be a blessed Nigerian leader.
- On August 23, outgoing American ambassador to Nigeria, Robin Sanders, presented a certificate to the minister of aviation, Fidelia Njeze, granting Nigeria Category One status - the highest American safety aviation status. Nigeria had been pursuing the Category One status for three years. The certificate permits Nigerian airlines to fly directly to America and is highly coveted, as only five other African countries have it.

Good things are about to happen to us and normally we must pass through some huddles to get there and must not expect it on a platter of gold, and so if we really desire the change we all dream of then we need no pastor or native doctor to tell us our responsibility and that is to go out there and effect that change by voting wisely.

I believe more will follow when we defeat the evil-minded oppositions (my $1 cool)
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
namdo:

@Topsywest, , just a few i can readily remember,  grin grin grin------masses - oriented results, in just few months as leader:
- For the common man in Nigeria, there is now fuel in the filling stations. What was happening before now? You should have the answer.
- In April, two months after assuming office as acting president, Jonathan was invited by Obama to attend the nuclear security summit. After the four-day visit, aides said Jonathan had held "successful" talks with the American President.
About nine days after his return to the country, foreign affairs minister Odein Ajumogobia told reporters, that the United States had removed Nigeria from the terror list. This was considered a major achievement of the Jonathan Presidency. But there were more happy tidings to come from the US administration to a man considered by many to be a blessed Nigerian leader.
- On August 23, outgoing American ambassador to Nigeria, Robin Sanders, presented a certificate to the minister of aviation, Fidelia Njeze, granting Nigeria Category One status - the highest American safety aviation status. Nigeria had been pursuing the Category One status for three years. The certificate permits Nigerian airlines to fly directly to America and is highly coveted, as only five other African countries have it.

Good things are about to happen to us and normally we must pass through some huddles to get there and must not expect it on a platter of gold, and so if we really desire the change we all dream of then we need no pastor or native doctor to tell us our responsibility and that is to go out there and effect that change by voting wisely.

I believe more will follow when we defeat the evil-minded oppositions (my $1 cool)

the bulk of these posts highlight the lies the gej camp continue to peddle

when challenged over the150 million plane or our 10billion anniversary they tell us these were concieved before gej became president, never mind he was the number two man in the administrtaion, or that as president, he can veto such profligrancy

these same people turn about to tell us that things that things which the government has been pursuing and suddenly achieved are due to gej. sort of like if a man orders a car or is building a house, and suddenly dies when they are 99% completed - and people now start crediting his son for those works.

as to the fuel noise -

1) why did gej have to wait until he was sworn in before effecting action?
2) i work in the oil and gas industry. the joke in the industry is that the only places in nigeria where petrol is actually 65/lite are lagos and abuja - go up north or into the east nd you will find petrol being sold at n100 /litre
3) there was no real fuel scarcity per se - it was inefficiencies in nnpc - mostly diversion of product

so all this attributing of resolution of fuel scarcity to johnathan is hypocritical

if you insist on playing the game of attributing whatever is happening in nigeria now to his stewardhip, then let us play that game

1) nigeria faces the gravest security crisis we have ever seen . the east is gradually disintegrateig, radical islamist fundamentalists are gaining ground assasinations everywhere- an inept billion naira bribe a month police force - johnathan is incompetent at securing the security of the average citizen

2) we noted the absence of the gej squad on the billion naira dustbins. we are blowing 17 billion on 50th bday. we are buying 3 new jets. all around the world , governemnts are tightening their belts. in nigeria the opposie is being done. what does that say about the best president nigeria has ever seen

3)transparency. some people who have never worked in a business environment were spouting the fallacy that gej initiated the first ever audit of nnpc , rather than the first ever 'public' audit - with a view to ascertaining the exact status of nnpc. when it as reported that nnpc is bankrupt, what did gej do ? he forced the minister to backtrack. so WHAT was the purpose of the much touted audit? can we asume as usual, that gej is just feeling is way in the dark and has no idea what he is doing?president flipflop?

4)show me your friend and i will tell you who you are - gej is a member of pdp. the party that gave us alao akala, gbenga daniel , igbinedion, chimaroke nnamai, james ibori, alams. a party of failures. the only progressive in the party rotimi amaechi is locked in a cold war with patience johnathan. he has failed to call the sw governors to order. its all good as long as you deliver your state

5)promises, promises - plenty of stories about power plan, new refineries - but we have heard all those before from pat administrations. that is just election year talk
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

the bulk of these posts highlight the lies the gej camp continue to peddle

when challenged over the150 million plane or our 10billion anniversary they tell us these were concieved before gej became president, never mind he was the number two man in the administrtaion, or that as president, he can veto such profligrancy

these same people turn about to tell us that things that things which the government has been pursuing and suddenly achieved are due to gej. sort of like if a man orders a car or is building a house, and suddenly dies when they are 99% completed - and people now start crediting his son for those works.

as to the fuel noise -

1) why did gej have to wait until he was sworn in before effecting action?
2) i work in the oil and gas industry. the joke in the industry is that the only places in nigeria where petrol is actually 65/lite are lagos and abuja - go up north or into the east nd you will find petrol being sold at n100 /litre
3) there was no real fuel scarcity per se - it was inefficiencies in nnpc - mostly diversion of product

so all this attributing of resolution of fuel scarcity to johnathan is hypocritical

if you insist on playing the game of attributing whatever is happening in nigeria now to his stewardhip, then let us play that game

1) nigeria faces the gravest security crisis we have ever seen . the east is gradually disintegrateig, radical islamist fundamentalists are gaining ground assasinations everywhere- an inept billion naira bribe a month police force - johnathan is incompetent at securing the security of the average citizen

2) we noted the absence of the gej squad on the billion naira dustbins. we are blowing 17 billion on 50th bday. we are buying 3 new jets. all around the world , governemnts are tightening their belts. in nigeria the opposie is being done. what does that say about the best president nigeria has ever seen

3)transparency. some people who have never worked in a business environment were spouting the fallacy that gej initiated the first ever audit of nnpc , rather than the first ever 'public' audit - with a view to ascertaining the exact status of nnpc. when it as reported that nnpc is bankrupt, what did gej do ? he forced the minister to backtrack. so WHAT was the purpose of the much touted audit? can we asume as usual, that gej is just feeling is way in the dark and has no idea what he is doing?president flipflop?

4)show me your friend and i will tell you who you are - gej is a member of pdp. the party that gave us alao akala, gbenga daniel , igbinedion, chimaroke nnamai, james ibori, alams. a party of failures. the only progressive in the party rotimi amaechi is locked in a cold war with patience johnathan. he has failed to call the sw governors to order. its all good as long as you deliver your state

5)promises, promises - plenty of stories about power plan, new refineries - but we have heard all those before from pat administrations. that is just election year talk

No more rumours to fabricate against GEJ, so attack his supporters. "Very clever" or rather unfortunate and misplaced?
All you need do is provide facts and quality arguments as others are doing.

The part of your write up that is most important, is the part where you stake your integrity on the area you work in (bolded). If you are wrong in that area, quite clearly, the rest of your words cannot be taking with any degree of seriousness; so thats the only area I'll attack, the rest is obviously the same lightweight stuff.
Lets deal with your word on the cost of fuel (and by extension, your credibility), indeed all over Nigeria people buy fuel so they know what is going on, they don't have to work in the oil and gas sector to be aware. Nevertheless, I'll post a statement from a NUPENG rep (it tells you the price of fuel and is about as "oil and gas" as it gets).

Fuel subsidy: Current price of N65 per litre stays – NUPENG scribe
From TONY OSAUZO, Benin
Monday, September 20 , 2010

The General Secretary of National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG), Mr. Elijah Okougbo, has said in Benin that the Federal Government has not taken a decision on whether to remove fuel subsidy or not and insisted that the current price of N65 per litre of fuel stays.

He spoke against the backdrop of the statement credited to the Minister of Finance, Mr. Olusegun Agagan that the government would soon remove its subsidy on petroleum products, a situation, which would make the price of fuel to sell for N120 per litre.

He spoke in an interview with journalists at a reception held in honour of the former national president of NUPENG, Mr. Peter Akpatason, by some industrial unions and his friends.

Accordding to him, “I don’t know if he has constituted himself alone into a Federal Government. I am not sure that a decision has been taken on the issue. I know as an insider that the government has initiated talks with the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) and we have nominated a committee to represent us in that dialogue process.

“The decision has not been taken and the NLC committee has not reported back to us. So, for him to have come out to make such a statement appears that maybe, he has betrayed the confidence of the president. This is a trying period for the government. I don’t think any government worth its salt can announce an increase in fuel price or the removal of subsidy on petroleum products.”

The general secretary urged the Federal Government to re-visit the ECOWAS treaty to enable the country export refined petroleum products to the West African sub-continent, saying that Nigeria would make much money in the process.

According to him, “the current government has repaired all the vandalized crude oil pipes, they have carried out Turn Around Maintenance in Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Warri refineries, so, they are producing at 70 per cent installed capacity. So, you can see that there is surplus of petroleum products.

“So, we are recommending to the government to revisit the ECOWAS treaty. A situation where tankers, oil trucks can move from Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kaduna to the West African sub-region to supply the products where petroleum products sell at N120 or N125 in Ghana and about N125 and N130 per litre in Benin Republic and N65 in Nigeria, you can see that we have a big market in the sub-region.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/sept/20/national-20-09-2010-018.htm

. . .Integrity in tatters?
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2010
^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519299.0.html

where are you? cat got your tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2010
Beaf:

No more rumours to fabricate against GEJ, so attack his supporters. "Very clever" or rather unfortunate and misplaced?
All you need do is provide facts and quality arguments as others are doing.

The part of your write up that is most important, is the part where you stake your integrity on the area you work in (bolded). If you are wrong in that area, quite clearly, the rest of your words cannot be taking with any degree of seriousness; so thats the only area I'll attack, the rest is obviously the same lightweight stuff.
Lets deal with your word on the cost of fuel (and by extension, your credibility), indeed all over Nigeria people buy fuel so they know what is going on, they don't have to work in the oil and gas sector to be aware. Nevertheless, I'll post a statement from a NUPENG rep (it tells you the price of fuel and is about as "oil and gas" as it gets).

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/sept/20/national-20-09-2010-018.htm

. . .Integrity in tatters?

mr man - stop trying to be silly

your post is akin to statements the 'police is your friend' 'road blocks are illegal'

i am not talking about empty statements. i am talking about what is. we are all aware that the price of petrol is pegged to n65. we are also aware that subsidy or no, gej or no, in several parts of the country it sold at prices above this. those figures highlighting cost of fuel in the rest of west africa are the core reason for the previous fuel scarcity - diversion of product by nnpc officials

i also find it amusing that you are quoting the sun, a paper you have condemned several times in the past. do you have no principles you can hang on to?
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Okukk(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
Can somebody tell me what pedegree Saraki thinks he has to contest for the most diginify post in this country?
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519299.0.html

where are you? cat got your tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have noticed you've been trying to promote your articles by calling for my contribution. Dude, I'm not interested.

oyb:

mr man - stop trying to be silly

your post is akin to statements the 'police is your friend' 'road blocks are illegal'

i am not talking about empty statements. i am talking about what is. we are all aware that the price of petrol is pegged to n65. we are also aware that subsidy or no, gej or no, in several parts of the country it sold at prices above this. those figures highlighting cost of fuel in the rest of west africa are the core reason for the previous fuel scarcity - diversion of product by nnpc officials

i also find it amusing that you are quoting the sun, a paper you have condemned several times in the past. do you have no principles you can hang on to?

Anybody making a quality argument would have pointed out those places where fuel costs more than 65 Naira per litre and why. Collect your thoughts and make a proper argument, not things of rumour and beer palour quality.
Simply tell us where fuel costs more than 65 Naira per litre and why, so that you can maintain some of the integrity you staked on the argument.

Secondly, you need to tell us what you have against Jonathan's killing of the fuel shortage bogey. Why should that affect you so badly when the common man and the business person see it as a huge blessing and relief?
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by usbcable(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2010
Where is  babasoty and onlytruth.
they both add some pep to this election saga 2011:
BTW can both of you beaf/otb qoute where Ribadu accused/acquited patience GEJ of fraud.
tx.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
Beaf:

I have noticed you've been trying to promote your articles by calling for my contribution. Dude, I'm not interested.

you mean you have no answers.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anybody making a quality argument would have pointed out those places where fuel costs more than 65 Naira per litre and why. Collect your thoughts and make a proper argument, not things of rumour and beer palour quality. Simply tell us where fuel costs more than 65 Naira per litre and why so that you can maintain some of the integrity you staked on the argument.

Secondly, you need to tell us what you have against Jonathan's killing of the fuel shortage bogey. Why should that affect you so badly when the common man and the business person see it as a huge blessing and relief?

don't be daft. you expect me to start writing sankon filling station, wuluhi road, sokoto?

and please stop this dirty and shameful ad disgraceful game of trying to paint those who oppose your views . if its not ibb men, its people who want the common man to suffer

i can see exactly where you're going - trying to paint me as one of those who benefitted from fuel scarity - your standard mo

as to your dubious lies aboutt gej and the common man - is his administration not commited to deregulation come january?

you have failed to answer any of my other queries - and your answer to this as expected, is pathetic - gej cannot even be considered a friend of the common man - the real beneficiaries of his presidnecy are those retailing n15,000 dustbins
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
^
If you cannot defend a falsehood for which you laid your integrity on the line, then sharap. Your meat market style argument, no doubt impresses you, but others are interested in facts and tangible things.

usbcable:

Where is  babasoty and onlytruth.
they both add some pep to this election saga 2011:
BTW can both of you beaf/otb qoute where Ribadu accused/acquited patience GEJ of fraud.
tx.

Patience Jonathan was never acquitted, cos there was never a crime; its just the haters that lie, lie, lie. Jonathan is the first President Nigeria has had to which not an iota of corruption can be traced. He is a good man and a gentleman.

Here you go;

Ribadu also denied allegations that he mishandled a corruption case against Dame Patience, when her husband, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was governor of Bayelsa State.
He said that it was propaganda to taint his image and that of Jonathan during the 2007 polls.

Ribadu explained that the EFCC never handled any case against Patience. “The case had to do with a lady and a man who lodged huge sums of money in the bank. The EFCC was alerted by the bank and an investigation was carried out,” he said.
According to him, it was found that they legitimately earned the money through contracts executed in the state. All the reports in the media were lies, he insisted.

“For instance, it was initially reported that N70 million was lodged into the bank. Later, it was reported that the money ran into millions of dollars. Such was the extent of the lies,” he said, maintaining: “We never handled a case against Patience Jonathan.”

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=22684&cat=Politics
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp

Patience, we are watching

By Wale Fatade

Print print Email email Share Share

Shortly after the general elections of 2007, an American organisation embarked on a capacity building initiative for the then Vice President-elect, Goodluck Jonathan. The programme comprised visits to some governmental institutions in the United States and short courses at some of the country’s leading universities. But there was a domestic snag for Mr. Jonathan, the freshly minted president of Nigeria.

Patience Faka Jonathan, his wife, desperately wanted to be on the trip. Consistently, she worried her husband to take her along on the trip, but the organisers said that was impossible as there was no provision for spouses during the trip. Yet, Mrs. Jonathan continued to worry her husband while using her mobile phone to monitor his movements. She was afraid, she admitted to one of Mr. Jonathan’s aides, of her husband and strange women.

“Madam, please don’t worry. We are only going for seminars; there are no women accompanying us on this trip,” an exasperated aide told Mrs. Jonathan. “Please watch him for me o. I can’t allow any woman to snatch him o,” she said loudly on the phone to the aide.

Exercising control

Aides and associates have reported how the new First Lady loves to be in control, how she has a strong personality, and how her husband defers to her on certain matters.

Of course, this is not strange, because contrary to popular belief, women really exercise greater power than their spouses in certain instances.

Just think of medieval wars that were fought to win women’s hearts, and how former American President, Bill Clinton, campaigned that, “for the price of one, you get two” meaning his wife, Hilary, will be an active participant in governance. The resultant failure in the inability to push the health care policy bill during that period has been attributed, in some quarters, to the meddlesomeness of Mrs. Clinton in her husband’s government.

In contemporary Nigeria, a popular thinking is that perhaps, the late Umaru Yar’Adua would have received greater sympathy if not that his wife hijacked him and screened off most people from having access to her him.

Words like ‘cabal’ became the order of the day, with Turai Yar’Adua giving orders, even to state officials. It was also said that she nominated people into her husband’s cabinet. Yet, the office of the First Lady is not recognised in the country’s Constitution. A careful look at the pictures of the movement of the late president’s body from Aso Rock, and the burial in Katsian, will show a woman whose face not only expressed grief, but bewilderment at a reality of life - death. Mrs. Yar’Adua seemed to be asking, “Is it really over?”

Beyond pillow talk

There have been reports that Mrs. Jonathan’s input into her husband’s cabinet goes beyond ‘pillow talk’, to her also nominating people into the cabinet. But we are watching. Nigerians will remember how in August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agents seized N104 million from one Nancy Ebere Nwosu, said to be an associate of Mrs. Jonathan. On 22 August, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere, of the Federal High Court, gave the commission legal backing to retain the money pending the conclusion of investigation.

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the “greediest person in Bayelsa State.”

It is up to the First Lady to prove them wrong. She is not a member of this government, but a wife to the head of government, and so must learn to maintain the dignity that goes with her new office.

It was good enough that her husband acknowledged her in his acceptance speech. But it will be best if she recognises her limits and be conscious of what is decent. Again, Nigerians are watching Patience Jonathan.

a much better explanation would be that ribadu has made a compromise by avoiding subject that will lead to questions of bot him and gej as things get more and more heated up.

which is why he waited until now to say this
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

a much better explanation would be that ribadu has made a compromise by avoiding subject that will lead to questions of bot him and gej as things get more and more heated up.

which is why he waited until now to say this

When people start speaking as if they are in the minds of others, you just gats to question their judgement, morality and INTEGRITY. grin grin grin grin
Can you imagine? The rumour mongers even have the inner workings of Ribadu's mind all neatly worked out! Na wa!

NL no go kill pesin!

This is what Ribadu himself said (not what others said he said or they heard him say or they heard somebody that heard him say. . . etc grin);

Ribadu also denied allegations that he mishandled a corruption case against Dame Patience, when her husband, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was governor of Bayelsa State.
He said that it was propaganda to taint his image and that of Jonathan during the 2007 polls.

Ribadu explained that the EFCC never handled any case against Patience. “The case had to do with a lady and a man who lodged huge sums of money in the bank. The EFCC was alerted by the bank and an investigation was carried out,” he said.
According to him, it was found that they legitimately earned the money through contracts executed in the state. All the reports in the media were lies, he insisted.

“For instance, it was initially reported that N70 million was lodged into the bank. Later, it was reported that the money ran into millions of dollars. Such was the extent of the lies,” he said, maintaining: “We never handled a case against Patience Jonathan.”

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2010
http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/4265/1/Jonathan-Goodlucks-Family-Sahara-Reporters-Ribadu-or-Adewuyi-Who-Lied-Against-Whom/Page1.html

Jonathan Goodluck’s Family, Sahara Reporters, Ribadu or Adewuyi: Who Lied Against Whom?

* By Adebiyi Jelili Abudugana
* Published 06/19/2010
* Nigeria Matters
* Rating: ratingfullratingfullratingfullratingfullratingfull Unrated

Adebiyi Jelili Abudugana

Adebiyi Jelili Abudugana is a former UNILAG student leader.
View all articles by Adebiyi Jelili Abudugana
While appraising comments on one of my articles on the ignominious act of public treasury pilfering, and money laundering by the consort of the Nigerian president, Mrs. Dame Patience Goodluck, I stumbled across an impious rejoinder. In this Machiavellian rejoinder filled with statements that run riot to truth, Mr. Ayo wrote:

Our attention has been drawn to a malicious on-line news report on Sahara Reporters about the recent trip of Her Excellency…The report also made reference to the EFCC case of which Mrs. Jonathan has since been absolved. This is a case on which investigation had been concluded and Mrs. Jonathan was not found culpable, but the distracters continue to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Although Ayo was making a specific reply to a Sahara Reporters’ article on Mrs. Jonathan’s gold buying trip to Dubai, the major focus was on Mr. President’s wife infamous act of public robbery and money stashing in foreign banks. Since I have been persistently making an issue out of this high profile case of administrative misdemeanor, I felt the necessity of exposing the rejoinder as a tissue of lies.

Ayo, the salaried image rescuer of the Nigeria’s first family submitted:
If she had been found culpable, we are certain that Nuhu Ribadu would have charged her to court because she has no immunity. We want to state categorically that Mrs. Jonathan has no link with the seized N104 million and has no knowledge of any $13.5 million Dollars. In fact, there was never an incident of $13.5 million Dollars…we challenge Sahara Reporters to contact Mr. Nuhu Ribadu or Mrs Farida Waziri to get the facts of the matter.

May I call reader’s attention to the fact that, on September 11, 2006, Mr. Osita Nwajah, the EFCC spokesman made a public declaration that a whopping sum of $13.5 million Dollars (US) was seized from Mrs. Patience Jonathan, the wife of then Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. Until now, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has neither made any known public verbal or oral denial of this declaration nor is the EFCC known to have issued any statement of rebuttal.

For the Nigeria’s first family to have claimed that there was never an incident of $13.5 million Dollars shows a crooked attempt on their part. Such statement was neither made before Jonathan became President nor before Mallam Nuhu Ribadu negotiated his freedom with the latter. In other words, it was after Jonathan became the President of Nigeria and Ribadu struck a deal with Jonathan on his freedom that the Nigeria’s first family could be courageous to make any bold public declarative statement that they never stole $13.5 million Dollars from the public treasury. Why this period and never before? Is this not suggestive of a possible bargain between Ribadu and Jonathan’s family, such which shortchanged facts of history and which required rob my back, I rob your back reciprocating compromise?

Before proceeding further, a trenchant look may be necessary at the earlier quoted part of the scandalous rejoinder as its syntax, organization and sequencing shows that Nuhu Ribadu’s name was used to authenticate the bogus claim which the rejoinder advanced. To this extent, note be taken of the statement’s take off point which reads, “If she had been found culpable, we are certain that Nuhu Ribadu would have charged her to court because she has no immunity.”

Also, we may further need to break this statement into two parts vis: “If she had been found culpable,” “we are certain that Nuhu Ribadu would have charged her to court because she has no immunity.” In the second part, Nuhu Ribadu’s name featured as that down-to-earth anti-corruption crusader who would never hesitate to prosecute any known case of corruption, let alone when it involves somebody without immunity.

Was it not on the strength of this Ribadu’s hard earned dreaded image that sometimes in 2006, he, Nuhu Ribadu challenged in the hollow chambers, members of the senate that, “…tell me now, the name of anybody who has collected the 50 million naira from anybody and you will see what I will do about it.” What followed was total silence as the Senators knew that daring Nuhu Ribadu was an invitation to jail.

Therefore, as claimed in the rejoinder, that Nuhu Ribadu did not charge Mr. President’s wife for steeling, and money laundering and her husband as an accomplice, meant Jonathan and Patience had not be found culpable of committing any act of public treasury robbery. In other words, if there had been an established case of fraud committed by Patience Goodluck, Ribadu would have not only exposed and prosecuted the case, but also, make sure that as it was with Tafa Balogun, Patience is sent to jail. As claimed since Madam Patience was not prosecuted by Nuhu Ribadu, then, it means the first family had no link with the seized N104 million; also, that the stolen $13.5 million Dollars was just a creation of imagination. Little wonder, Ayo wrote:

“We want to state categorically that Mrs. Jonathan has no link with the seized N104 million and has no knowledge of any $13.5 million Dollars. In fact, there was never an incident of $13.5 million Dollars…we challenge Sahara Reporters to contact Mr. Nuhu Ribadu or Mrs Farida Waziri to get the facts of the matter.

That a challenge was thrown to any doubting Thomases to contact Mr. Nuhu Ribadu or his successor, further shows this claim does carry with it, a measure of authority that the persons whose names were mentioned could refute nor could it be found, any official document that incriminates the person of Mr. President’s wife. Since the claim was also made, Nuhu Ribadu had not issued a rebuttal but only known to have b
een making statements that if offered to serve by Jonathan, he would graciously embrace the opportunity. His silence confirms the complicity of his name as a partner in crime who might have negotiated his freedom and acquittance from corrupt charges based on robs my back, I rob your back compromise approach.
Not daunted by the new look of things; one may need to remind Ribadu, Ayo and the Nigeria’s first family of a plenary section of the Senate which held on September 27, 2006. On this historic day, Nuhu Ribadu who was then in charge of EFCC took to the stage in the hollow chamber to brief the Senate on the report of its Commission on anti-corruption activities.

It was on this day that Ribadu dared the Senators to name anybody who collected 50 million naira from anybody during the Third Term saga, claimed that the biggest fraudster ever in the world was a Nigerian and dropped the following shattering bombshell which shall be quoted verbatim. He, Nuhu Ribadu declared:

Abia is number one (of corrupt state) not because it is number one alphabetically, but because we have one of the biggest established cases of stealing, money laundering, diversion of fund against Governor Kalu. The governor used his mother, daughter, wife and brother to divert N35billion to build his business empire including Slok Airlines, Slok Pharmaceuticals and newspaper house…Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu corruption is of international dimension.There is s also a petition against the Governor of Bayelsa’s wife. She was involved in laundering the sum of one hundred and four million into foreign account. She is also being investigated.
Rattled by this revelation all the indicted governors issued strong statements which tagged Ridadu’s outburst as a witch-hunting agenda scripted by Obasanjo and others, to bushwhack their political adversaries.

Among those who dispatched rejoinders was Keneth Ekpelu, the then spokesperson to Madam Jonathan Goodluck. He wrote;
The first lady wishes to restate her unreserved respect for the institution of the EFCC and wishes Bayelsans and Nigerians at large to continue to support the organization in its effort to attain a corruption-free Nigeria, “She, however wishes to point out the need to separate the EFCC’s honest quest for justice from the posturing of her husband’s opponents who strangely perceive her as the soft spot in his political armour and won’t stop hammering away at her until their decisions to oust him from office are met Dennis Sami, the then spokesperson for Governor Jonathan Goodluck also registered his reaction by saying the allegations were a “charade,” the target of which was the Governor.

From the foregoing analysis, it is obvious that Mrs. Jonathan’s claim, “We want to state categorically that Mrs. Jonathan has no link with the seized N104 million and has no knowledge of any $13.5 million Dollars,” is a scandalous attempt to distort history and burry a well documented case of treasury robbery. That Ribadu is yet to refute this spurious claim or sue the first family for using his name for authenticating false as truth, means, it was done with his express permission.

[b]Was it not the Ribadu-led EFCC which stated that, “We had reason to believe the seized funds (N104 million) belonged to the public. In a sworn statement, Mrs. Nwosu implicated Patience Jonathan.”

Was it not the same Ribadu-led EFCC that went to court to prosecute this case in a suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja.

It is on record that while filing this case, EFCC named Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The said money as reveled Ribadu-led EFCC was on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck, laundered into a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor. Accordingly, in the Commission’s affidavit used in supporting the suit’s originating summons, Ofem Uket, the EFCC prosecuting officer declared:
Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos.[/b]

In the face of this documented evidence, which I challenge Ayo Adewuyi, the Nigeria’s first family and Ribadu to disprove, it has been exposed the true face who the liars are. The liar is neither me nor Sahara Reporters as claimed Ayo and cohorts, rather, those who conspired to issue Jonathan’s family, a clean bill of health.

Concrete effort must now be made to challenge this case before a competent court in the land, therefore, my suggestion that signatures be mobilized to force the EFCC to commence the trial of these cases. However, since the EFCC is compromised, I am afraid, justice that is already denied will be legitimized. Therefore, I challenge human right groups, labour unions, Save Nigeria Group and other Non-Governmental bodies to take up this case by not only staging a national demonstration but also, fashioning out the modalities through which justice will be seen done to the case.

On the final note, let Ribadu be aware that just like excellence expires with time, so is one’s hard built reputation gets soiled when one takes to dishonourable Associates. The desperation of Ribadu to serve his fatherland under questionable personalities whom he made us known are treasury looters speaks volume about his least known side. It may be true that all the allegations leveled against Ribadu by the leadership of late Presider, Umar Yar’Adua are founded, after all, he chose, in preference to the legal means, the Aso Rock facilitated freedom and acquittance. With your claim that you cannot wait to be appointed to serve under Jonathan Goodluck, you have demonstrated your real identity, however, it may not be too late for you to retrace your steps, retract your commitment to a government whose hands are soiled in a criminal case that is well known by you and the whole world.

Beaf:

When people start speaking as if they are in the minds of others, you just gats to question their judgement, morality and INTEGRITY. grin grin grin grin
Can you imagine? The rumour mongers even have the inner workings of Ribadu's mind all neatly worked out! Na wa!

NL no go kill pesin!

this coming from you - who regularly labels all who oppose gej as pro ibb? undecided undecided undecided

who just a few posts ago tried to insinuate that i oppose gej because i benefit from the suffering of the masses?
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

this coming from you - who regularly labels all who oppose gej as pro ibb? undecided undecided undecided

who just a few posts ago tried to insinuate that i oppose gej because i benefit from the suffering of the masses?

I really don't know what you mean by the bolded, are you saying you actually were into something that the ellimination of fuel scarcity has disrupted?
If that was the case, I have no sympathy. Is that what you mean by "working in oil and gas?"

Dude, you can keep trawling the net for more false rumours, gossip and false news stories fed to the press by the powers of the past. Ribadu is no longer in the exile he was forced into by the rumour starters and cabals that have held this country back. He is here in Flesh today, telling it as it is. The man has always been an honest and straightforward person and he is no longer persecuted by the country's enemies, so we naturally prefer his voice to yours.

This is what Ribadu himself said (not what others said he said or they heard him say or they heard somebody that heard him say. . . etc grin);

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by 9ijaMan: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
Okukk:

Can somebody tell me what pedegree Saraki thinks he has to contest for the most diginify post in this country?

@ Okukk,
It's very simple and straight forward. Take a trip to Kwara state, Ilorin and environs and then take a trip to Bayelsa state (Yenagoa, Nembe etc) and then you'll have an answer to your question.
Talking about pedigree, how much of it does GEJ have? What are his past and present achievements in government? I'd love to read intellectual responses and not such thrash as: "No more fuel scarcity" or "GEJ met with Obama in a Nuke summit" 'cos those are not achievements by any standards.
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Jonathan’s Rented Crowd - Saraki by Beaf: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2010
9ijaMan:

@ Okukk,
It's very simple and straight forward. Take a trip to Kwara state, Ilorin and environs and then take a trip to Bayelsa state (Yenagoa, Nembe etc) and then you'll have an answer to your question.
Talking about pedigree, how much of it does GEJ have? What are his past and present achievements in government? I'd love to read intellectual responses and not such thrash as: "No more fuel scarcity" or "GEJ met with Obama in a Nuke summit" 'cos those are not achievements by any standards.

How about telling us what happened to Societe Generale bank? How about telling us Saraki's defense to the N32billion Intercontinental scam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okada Ban In Plateau State Metropolis, What's Your Take? / Anini The Law:the Regime Of An Armed Robber(story+photo)Updated!!! / Ogoni People Pledges Support For Biafra, Seeks Forgiveness From The Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.