Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,709 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1089003 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sphie12: 3:58pm On May 20, 2019
Okay, thanks
Jennypharb1:

I usually try around 9pm ish. They should be open by now anyway, maybe there's a holiday today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sphie12: 3:58pm On May 20, 2019
Alright, thanks a lot
OYASALOF:
There's public holiday today in Canada. It's Victoria day. Call them tomorrow around 1:30/2pm Nigerian time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 4:04pm On May 20, 2019
Canadahome:

I have an Msc already. Just asking to see if there are other ways to improve score.

With 8777, I will be on 447, will loose 5point soon because of birthday.

The only option now is to get 8.5,8,7,7.5 in order to add 8more points to reach 450.

You can also consider TEF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by goodlife2018: 4:05pm On May 20, 2019
Dear Respected Seniors in the House

I am trying to pay for my PPR application fee with my GTbank Master card and keep declining the transaction. Even when I tried same with the Naira Card still having similar problem. Please I need help...... Anybody. Thanks

Is it because of the Holiday today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemiciea: 4:09pm On May 20, 2019
Did an organization request for it from you? If yes, fill in the details of the organization. If no, select No

sempe123:

In registering for the IELTS exam on BC website,do i need to click yes for them to send my result to any organisation on their own?And if so which organisation do i state?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 4:09pm On May 20, 2019
Finally cool
Congratulations, May canny land favour you and yours.

Thanks for all you do.

Congratulations to all that have gotten their PPRs and Best of God to everyone of us at one stage or the other.
It will definitely end in praise.

Topsmamen:
[s]To my dearest and wonderful e-fam, with great joy in my heart, I pick my golden pen from the basket of happiness to write you this announcement. Hope this meets you in good health? If so doxology.[/s] grin

It’s Prêt pour Visa guys! Mail came in at 11:22 PM last night. I was about to go to bed when I saw the mail. The speed at which I went from being sleepy to fully wide awake was 0 to 100 real quick.

A special thanks to EVERYONE for the best wishes and prayers kiss. You guys said it. We just started Part 8 and from your mouths to God’s ears, it has happened beautifully.

Express Entry has got us with different stories to tell and it’s been one hell of a ride………a roller coaster ride indeed.

TIMELINE
ITA wait: October 2017-December 2018 (14 months)
ITA: December 19, 2018
AOR: January 15, 2019
Medicals Passed/BIL: February 23, 2019
Biometrics Done: March 7, 2019
Ordered GCMS Notes: April 24, 2019 (Notes are yet to be received)
ADR received: May 11, 2019 (1. Birth Certificates to prove sibling relationship. 2. Proof of sibling residence in Canada)
ADR submitted: May 13, 2019
PPR: May 15, 2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Single Applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 20, 2019
goodlife2018:
Dear Respected Seniors in the House

I am trying to pay for my PPR application fee with my GTbank Master card and keep declining the transaction. Even when I tried same with the Naira Card still having similar problem. Please I need help...... Anybody. Thanks

Is it because of the Holiday today?

Insufficient fund, try increasing your account balance

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by utepu: 4:24pm On May 20, 2019
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:31pm On May 20, 2019
I believe that should work.

amoskitto:
Hello POF gurus, I have a question please.
My wife is the primary applicant, but I intend to provide the proof of funds. Challenge is I don't have enough cash to transfer to her account. But there is more than enough funds from my RSA (25%) and treasury bills investments. So can I provide letter from my PFA and t-bill certificate, then do a notarized document stating she has access to my liquidated funds? Would that work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:34pm On May 20, 2019
Congrats to you all.

May you all prosper in your new home.

temmyo:
This is coming a bit late but still... Ladies and gentlemen, it's PPR!!!

ITA- June 13, 2018
AOR- September 5, 2018
BIL- September 29, 2018
IP2- since I can remember
ADR- March 9, 2019
Ghost Update- April 17, 2019
PPR- May 15, 2019

Many thanks to all who answered the questions I asked here. I appreciate you all for the wealth of info on this thread. It was indeed a great source for me in the early days.
Cheers!

IseeJoy:
PPR CLINCHED!
ITA 8/8/18
AOR 17/9/18

futureenergy:
It was PPR guys !!!
By the way Visa Office VO is our beloved Ottawa
NOC . . . emmm ermm . . . I don forget be that o.

To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jenolyfavour: 4:37pm On May 20, 2019
Hello house, I asked earlier about WES registration if I should choose standard delivery or tracking delivery. If I choose standard will it take so much time to reach me. What are the disadvantages compared to tracking.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:39pm On May 20, 2019
I don't think you should worry. However, you can do the affidavit to ease you mind. There is no oversabi in this process.

ilekzy:
Good afternoon my fellow Nairalanders. Please I need suggestions from the gurus in the house. I'm post AOR and I noticed that my names and that of my spouse was not written in full on our children's birth certificate. Mine has just my Surname and middle name while my spouse's name is just the surname and first name.
Should i get a one and same person affidavit and submit via CSE? Will it be an oversabi to do this? Make una help me biko.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by whoknew: 4:42pm On May 20, 2019
Requested for WAEC transcript since 30th April and I have not been sent tracking number as at today,

Please am I the only one experiencing this or WAEC has refused to process transcripts cos of exams?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by desmondgaddafi: 4:44pm On May 20, 2019
Good day everyone....
I added my spouse three and half month after AOR. Below is my timeline
AOR:14th January, 2019 (Single)
MEP/BIL: 26th February, 2019 (single)
Got Married: 29th April, 2019
Submitted Spouse Document: 11th May, 2019... Including upfront medicals
Spouse UCI/update: 14th May, 2019.
Before I got married I discovered via webform that my form was in OVO
My Questions are

1, Will my spouse be required to go and give her biometrics and is there a specific time to expect this?
2,since I have not received PPR, will my timeline (6 Months) still be used by CIC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:45pm On May 20, 2019
You need the softcopy for your application which will be sent to your email.

"standard delivery or tracking delivery" is for the hardcopy. Standard is cheaper and slower. Courier is expensive and fast.

Jenolyfavour:
Hello house, I asked earlier about WES registration if I should choose standard delivery or tracking delivery. If I choose standard will it take so much time to reach me. What are the disadvantages compared to tracking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:45pm On May 20, 2019
You don't even need the hard copy for EE. Doesn't really matter which one you choose per se.

Jenolyfavour:
Please my NL family. Thank you for all your love and kindness in this house. I have a question please. What would you advice me to use for delivery option for each recipient in WES registration? should i use the standard (tracking) or no tracking?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:49pm On May 20, 2019
1. Yes. Anytime soon.
2. Could be.

desmondgaddafi:
Good day everyone....
I added my spouse three and half month after AOR. Below is my timeline
AOR:14th January, 2019 (Single)
MEP/BIL: 26th February, 2019 (single)
Got Married: 29th April, 2019
Submitted Spouse Document: 11th May, 2019... Including upfront medicals
Spouse UCI/update: 14th May, 2019.
Before I got married I discovered via webform that my form was in OVO
My Questions are

1, Will my spouse be required to go and give her biometrics and is there a specific time to expect this?
2,since I have not received PPR, will my timeline (6 Months) still be used by CIC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 4:52pm On May 20, 2019
Jenolyfavour:

It won't take so much time but a bit longer than tracking delivery. And that shouldn't bother you at all cause what you need for your EE is the soft copy which will be sent to you via mail the moment it's ready.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chrisdada16(f): 4:55pm On May 20, 2019
Ecanes:
I did mine a month ago for 15k. Someone else I know did it for 14k......in Abuja sha

What undecidedi did mine for 25k over 3weeks now and still not ready. 2years old
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:55pm On May 20, 2019
I think it should have reflected immediately.

It could be that there are certain circumstances it doesn't drop. You can use this to manually calculate your score accompanying and non accompanying.

boladet:
hello fellow nairalanders, i just removed my spouse from accompanying to non accompanying , since he has not done wes and his ielts score was not good,however this did not improve my score , it still remains at 405 i was told it will increase my score or should i still hold on, maybe the increase is not immediate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:56pm On May 20, 2019
The best way to find which way to go is to use the CRS tool to simulate your score

Your profile
BSC
3 or more years
IELTS 8777 (LRWS)

Husband
BSC
3 or more years
IELTS 8777 (LRWS)
TEF [CLB 9]

Then you both should be sitting at 458. This is enough to get ITA.

kakeit:
good afternoon everyone, please just want to start our journey to Canada and will really appreciate all your guidance. my husband studied French in the university and has worked in the bank for 10 years and at the same time he teaches French to staffs in the banking hall, in a nut shell (he speaks, writes and understand French very well) .he will be 34 by may 27
I studied computer science in the university and I have been a baker by profession for five year now. my age 26 . we have to kids age 3 and 2
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ilekzy(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2019
joo2018:
I don't think you should worry. However, you can do the affidavit to ease you mind. There is no oversabi in this process.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 4:57pm On May 20, 2019
Hi all, I'm posed with a slight issue regarding my place of birth, please see below.

Birth Certificate: PLACE OF BIRTH - Lagos.
International Passport: PLACE OF BIRTH - Ogun.

The actual place of birth is Ogun so I don't know why my birth certificate reads Lagos.

Will I need to swear an affidavit regarding this or only attach a LOE for the discrepancy?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tboks(m): 5:40pm On May 20, 2019
Zara01:
Hi, can you post your e.mail here?

Hi, kindly send the IELTS materials to me too. tboybash@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Favouredcanadia: 5:42pm On May 20, 2019
Please I need the contact for passport in Abuja, thanks

Ecanes:
I did mine a month ago for 15k. Someone else I know did it for 14k......in Abuja sha

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2019
It looks somehow but if you won't be submitting your birth certificate with your application, then Ogun state should suffice without any affidavit, since it will reflect on your international passport data page. And if you seems uncomfortable, you can go for the attestation of birth issued by NPC and discard the birth certificate with error. My opinion.
Zara01:
Hi all, I'm posed with a slight issue regarding my place of birth, please see below.

The actual place of birth is Ogun so I don't know why my birth certificate reads Lagos.

Will I need to swear an affidavit regarding this or only attach a LOE for the discrepancy?

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 5:54pm On May 20, 2019
Thank you, my birth certificate is from NPC, will I still need an attestation of birth to support it? What do you think?

tolfa:
It looks somehow but if you won't be submitting your birth certificate with your application, then Ogun state should suffice without any affidavit, since it will reflect on your international passport data page. And if you seems uncomfortable, you can go for the attestation of birth issued by NPC and discard the birth certificate with error. My opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 20, 2019
Jenolyfavour:
wes soft copy is ok for upload, never got my hard copy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rotile247(m): 6:07pm On May 20, 2019
whoknew:
Requested for WAEC transcript since 30th April and I have not been sent tracking number as at today,

Please am I the only one experiencing this or WAEC has refused to process transcripts cos of exams?

Waec transcript process takes 3-4 weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 6:10pm On May 20, 2019
Zara01:

Thank you.

Are you going to make use of the birth certificate for the EE process? If not, there's no use adding unnecessary documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:15pm On May 20, 2019
Are you claiming points from a sibling? Otherwise, a birth certificate is not required for this process.

Zara01:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 6:17pm On May 20, 2019
Not at all, I assumed it will be relevant in showing age, no? The International Passport bio data page will suffice?

Stencil:
Are you claiming points from a sibling? Otherwise, a birth certificate is not required for this process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (693)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.