Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,891 members, 7,915,564 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:59 AM

Wooing (Toasting) a Lady - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wooing (Toasting) a Lady (16832 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Toasting A Lady, Share How You Were Turned Down / Problems With Toasting A Lady In Midst Of Her Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by sage(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2005
PLZ GUYZ HOW DO I GET TO THE THREAD THAT THE PICTURES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO? KIND OF CONFUSED HERE. I NEED HELP.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by hotangel2(f): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2005
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 10:39am On Jul 06, 2005
I think this column has been the most popular in Nairaland.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by matrix(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2005
....lets be nice to d woman....
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2005
Pkrix has just gotten all of you men either slapped in the face, left standing looking stupid or told that she has someone else. What are you thinking? you must be young minded. You may get a girl like that but you will never land a woman that way because a woman knows that beauty is not the most important thing. Besides I would look at you as if you were crazy because when I left my home that day I already knew I was looking good so I didn;t need you to tell me. And the fact that you told me was an insult. I'm not impressed, try again.

I was on the bus today and I was eating a cookie. This guy thought he was helping me out by telling me I dropped a piece of cookie between my leggs. I was disgusted with him and I frowned my face to let him know how stupid he was and I did not say thank you. Who did hell did he think he was talking too jerk? The crumb was going to drop anyways when I stood up so he didn't need to tell me that. Secondly he just let me know that he was trying to look at my private area through my pants. PERVERT!!!!! My pants were loose and black and the cookie was brown. He has to be looking pretty hard because it was a little crumb.

Men i'll tell you, they don't think about the right thing too much but you can count on them thinking about the wrong thing a lot.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2005
I think if any man tells you that you're looking good, he simply appreciates your looking good by telling you not that he doesn't know you looked at the mirror after dressing.

I think he does that to make you be proud of yourself the more.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2005
Kenya, you need to calm down!

The guy was just trying to break the ice and not looking up your skirt!

rolleyes
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by jogego(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2005
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2005
Yeah whatever, That wasn't a good way to break the ice. The guy was a pervert as far as I'm concerned.
And yes telling me that I look nice is not a bad thing, I'm just saying that it doesn't get you in the door for a sucessful relationship.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2005
what kenya said is very right,, when you guys re looking for a way to attract a lady's attention, you do overly stupid things like what that guy did to kenya in the bus, his intentions were frowned upon straight away because he dint go about it the right way.. i pity the guy.. if a guy stares in between my thighs, i would definitely frown at him grin...
you guys need to be given tutorials on how to attract a lady's attention.. una no dey try at all most times grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by CimonJorr(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2005
Well..

If I may ask...

From a lady's perspective, what would be the most appropriate way for a guy who's never met you [and is most probably stunned and over-whelmed by you] to approach you??... what would you ladies appreciate ?? ..
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2005
CimonJorr I bet you that they have no answer to that!

the only reason Kenya was acting all stush for that guy is because she did not fancy him, if it was someone she fancied the guy could even come up to her and say "your g-string is showing" and she will gree quick quick!

we ugly guys dey suffer sha.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2005
Hold fast Mr.
For me I am a woman of good morals and I look for that in any man that thinks he can approach me. The first impression is the long lasting one. So if the guy was very handsome I problally would have been more insulted that he had to stoop so low. The best way to get my attention is to pay me no attention. I'm not easily flatter, especially by cheap acting men off any class.
And further more if he would have said that your G-String is showing I probably asked him why didn't he feel it with cash, sicne you noticed it, now the peep show is over kiss kiss kiss Now what. lol
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2005
The best way to get my attention is to pay me no attention.

the guy was on a bus with you, he had probably 5 minutes to make his mark! he could not afford to pretend not to pay you attention.

poor guy, he is probably now still in shock from the harsh treatment he got from kenya for just trying to woo a fine babe.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by CimonJorr(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2005
5 mins is even a generous estimate self...  grin

more like 30 seconds..

5 seconds to make a "split-second" decision... and the remaining 25 to maneuver his way into the attack...
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by kazey(m): 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2005
I'm not easily flatter, especially by cheap acting men off any class.

Speaks for itself, the kind of lady she is. I reserve my comment .
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by jogego(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2005
see them making mouth, small time they will say they are afraid to ask a man out cos of rejection, see as you hammer the poor guy....hen, even mufu the carpenter no fit commot that nail.

when you have to make a split second decision, you might not see this person again EVER, then whatever comes to your head. if the person is on the same frequency, well good luck, if not, abeg call Kenya, she go helep you commot ya isho.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by jogego(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2005
@ kazey, una dey fight beforesmall small now
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2005
Give me a break grin, you guys are ll over me as if I did the worse thing ever. He should have made a better choice. lol you guys are funny
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by kazey(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2005
lolz well she thinks she is a supreme kindda lady with a high society class.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2005
Hey I'm in a class all by my self kiss kiss kiss
I didn't say I was high supreme but it doesn't mean that I accept everything that comes my way either. I love myself and I'm all that I have so I have to be careful, especially now a days. Can't let everyman charm me because he wants to try his luck with me.
A person has got to have some standards for themselves. If you don't stand for nothing then you will fall for anything. 

How about that grin grin grin

Keep it moving
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by kazey(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2005
Ok sounds a bit more suppresed, I like it grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2005
Wow and you guys say thatus women are complicated?
You had me go through alot Kazey. Still got love for ya kiss
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2005
Pinky, I just read your contribution here, please can you start the tutorial here for us on how man can get ladies' attention.

I think you will do a good job and it will be beneficial.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by pkrix(m): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2005
Kenya, your ideal husband could come stupidly. You should have given the guy, who knows, your husband a chance to express his love.

But saying if the guy were handsome you will get disappointed more is a lie cos I know Kenya (women generally) would have flashed the broadest smile to him.

Actually Greatpeter, I need women in the forum to now teach us on how to get'em.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2005
"vieira":
The best way to get my attention is to pay  me no attention.
one day, i opened the door of my house for a pal & saw this friend of his with him, somehow i greeted them casually & left for my room, later on my pal's friend & i became very close..{he wanted a relationship}.. he said he had to come after me because i attracted his attention..when he first saw me at the door...How... i wondered & he said it was because i paid him no particular attention despite his wonderful looks...so i think i buy your idea vieira
"Greatpeter":
Pinky, I just read your contribution here, please can you start the tutorial here for us on how man can get ladies' attention.

when dealing with ladies, you have to be careful as a wrong word can mean no show for you... ladies get attracted to guys who re real, just be urself & she will find you appealing.....if you re a guy that loves to communicate, do it well with all you've got & she will pay attention..    if you re stupid..........your stupidity mite even attract her
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2005
Pinky, is that all?
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legry(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2005
geeeezzzzzzzzzzz great what do you want her to say again or you want her to tell you how to get her shirt up rolleyes
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by matrix(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2005
pinky calm down..cool down....Kenya has a right to be mad at the guy.She has high moral values wink. Its high time, we begin to respect the opposite sex..That goes to the guys and the ladies...The only way you are going to get the best out of anyone is by listening..not being judgmental....
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by bolasho(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2005
thanks Matrix, you are right to bring out the best in people is by listening and you been yourself.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2005
why listen to thrash? dont u guys know that u can be boring at times {not all of u anyway}
all u need do is be ur self.... dont expect ladies to always listen o grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2005
Hey Pinky, so stupidity can catch a big fish?
Give more tricks to catch one. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating? / See 4 Freaking Hot Nollywood Actresses That Went Nude On Camera NO 4 Wil Shock U / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.