Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,246 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Wooing (Toasting) a Lady - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wooing (Toasting) a Lady (16764 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Toasting A Lady, Share How You Were Turned Down / Problems With Toasting A Lady In Midst Of Her Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2005
if u see a lady & act stupid & she rejects u, dont say it's pinky who gave u the formula o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was just letting u know that being urself is the ultimate grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Kenya(f): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2005
As  a woman I appreciate honesty, respect and someone who's comfortable being them selves. when you're pretending, it shows and it's not attractive. For me we have got to be friends no matter what, so if you approach me as a friend then you may get somewhere. You guys should take notes from women.  Women asks general questions first in a very friendly way to test the grounds to avoid rejection, maybe even a smile will help break the ice but not staring. You might scare her away.

This guy once approached me and he must have been so nervous that when he opened his mouth to speak he drolled and he stuttered, No lie. I felt bad for him because he was trying so hard and it took everything I had not to laugh because it was funny and cute (I laughed later). I still turned him down cause I was seeing someone other wise he may have had a chance to talk with me atleast.
I'm nice to guys though, sometimes if I see them struggling I would just break the ice and have general conversation to help them feel better and show them that i'm human. I'm not cold hearted normally, but i have my times.

but hey you men aren't the only ones who deal with rejection. I've been rejected so much that I look at the ground now a day's grin grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by CimonJorr(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2005
Kenya:

but hey you men aren't the only ones who deal with rejection. I've been rejected so much that I look at the ground now a day's grin grin

C'mon... It can't be that bad... ok, let me *stutters and stammers* make ur day... grin wink
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2005
"kenya":
but hey you men aren't the only ones who deal with rejection. I've been rejected so much that I look at the ground now a day's
what re those jerks rejecting you for? you need to tell me.. & girlie listen carefully.. at times we face rejections as females because[b] the ones we care for mite not care for us, while the ones we don't want, run after us[/b].. it's just  a gimmick in life
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2005
Then you ladies should make up your mind and dump the person you care for but will never want to be there for you and start considering who is running and chasing you around.

There is this parable It says "If you don't get what you want, use what you have to get what you want.

You shouldn't allow yourself to be tossed like a coin.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2005
peter, that's the problem we re facing.. u as a male, do u dump some1 u care for easily.. it's easier said than done o! it takes the grace of God to identify the ones we cant have...despite our likeness for them
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2005
I could consider a guy who is running and chasing me all around.  It all depends on his approach.  I attach so much importance to it.  That is the first thing I look out for before getting into any conversation with a guy. I could be very, very rude. That is me.

There was this guy who was chasing me all over town with phone calls. It was as if the guy was stalking me cos he could tell where I was at a particular time. Then I got fed up and told him I wanted to meet with him. He agreed and we met. Asked him how he got my number, he said he had to kill for it and that he had been keeping it for the past five months.

I was so mad but I did not show it. I used to be rude to him on phone.  We became friends, then one day he said he wanted a relationship.  I could have said YES if not for the fact that he was still tied to his ex's aprons string.  He was always talking bout her.

And I couldn't take it cos Tayo is the jealous type.  We are still friends anyway.

I could be very rude to a guy, it all depends but that doesn't mean I cannot go out with him later. (that's if he is still interested) wink
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2005
one girl after toasting her looked me up and down and said: oti je go! (you don chop bottle) in a very loud voice so that all her friends could hear!!

I swear I was so angry and shamed, even my friends laughed and all moved away from me as if I was a leper!!

silly girl!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2005
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Oh my God. I can see you are still feeling the pain of rejection. Pls take some panadol extra ok? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Somebody help me............. I can't stop laughing. Oh Vieira dear.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2005
Pinky:

peter, that's the problem we re facing.. you as a male, do you dump someone you care for easily.. it's easier said than done o! it takes the grace of God to identify the ones we can't have...despite our likeness for them

yeah! It's not though to drop the one you care for accepted.
But there is this Yoruba adage that says "Ki'la n faani orogbo a pa ko lawe afi s'enu o tun koro.(interpreter help)

When you love and care for someone and seems the doesn't care about you then it ain't worth it at all. when love is one sided the end is hurt.

I think this is my weak point i don't have threshold for that. If I love a lady but will not listen to me, treat me like a human then I have to look elsewhere.

It is better when you have a broken relationship than a broken home, a temporary hurt than a permanent hurt.
I can't withstand it.
If I see a lady that interests me and I make a move but won't attach importance to me then I may let go after many trials. I can't stand a lady wasting my time which is so precious, I've gotten a limit or threshold.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legry(m): 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2005
o boy people in my office think am losing it cause am just laughing my guts out geeeezzzzzzzzz man you got burnt badly hehehehehehe na die you de viera (still shaking my head and laughing)
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by pkrix(m): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2005
@ viera.

She was never for you anyway. You should be happy she made that known to you as early as that.

If not, how would you feel if after she has pretentiously assured you of her love for a year or thereabout and then one day play your heart away.

Too many heartbreaks. Innit?
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2005
pkrix, she could have turned my advances down in a million ways that would have been easier to stomach not but shouting such hurtful words at the top of her voice!!

and those my so called friends thought it was the funniest thing on this planet!

angry angry
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2005
C'mon take it easy man!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2005
Tayotina, no mind me jare! the thing dey still vex me!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by CimonJorr(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2005
Vieira:

one girl after toasting her looked me up and down and said: oti je go! (you don chop bottle) in a very loud voice so that all her friends could hear!!

I swear I was so angry and shamed, even my friends laughed and all moved away from me as if I was a leper!!

silly girl!

This is the exact point I was trying to make in my post the other day.. why do some girls/ladies behave this way??
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by hotangel2(f): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2005
yay!! Cimon is back.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2005
Ladies could be funny at times. Vieira, maybe she did that just to please her friends but secretly she wished she had said YES.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by ensignbeverly: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2005
Funny! you said? That was more thsn funny I think.

She went wacko!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2005
Whatever
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by objibb(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2005
tayo tina, whatever What?
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by c0dec(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2005
i present to you a new twist to this never-ending thread.

THIS IS FOR THE REAL MEN especially for you pkrix.

http://c0dec.150m.com/rants/chics.html
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2005
I have just been there c0dec, but am not a lesbian sha oh.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2005
We now have Association of Lesbians Nigeria Chapter, this started in Benin only that I forgot the name of their leader.
She was interviewed on the pages of one of our daily newspapers sometime last year.

I will check our press office here if I can still find the paper.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by CimonJorr(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2005
c0dec:

i present to you a new twist to this never-ending thread.

Me thinks someone has been watching the movie "HITCH" too many times.... wink
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legry(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2005
Amazing!!!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by pkrix(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2005
c0dec:

Thanx a dozen for recommending the site. It's has really increased my knowledge though I may not accept all of'em

Nairalanders, even though you have a thing and somebody gives you that same thing learn to say thanx.

For every flyer is a thanker.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by c0dec(m): 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2005
"CimonJorr"]
Me thinks someone has been watching the movie "HITCH" too many times,

[/quote]

i haven't even seen HITCH.
with what i know, i can guess what the movie is about. i'll definitely see it soon sha.

[quote author=tayotina:

I have just been there c0dec, but am not a lesbian sha oh.

don't mind me tayotina grin. so what do you think? do you concur?

legry:

Amazing!!!

yeah, that's the word smiley
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2005
"David Deangelo" teaches you how to get a lady interested in you and how to have sex, but he doesn't teach you how to hold on to a lady. If you know how to hold on to a lady you won't have as much experience as Dave since you will be busy taking care of your one and only instead of jumping from one woman's laps to the other.

The DoubleYourDating site s simply a player's manual!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by c0dec(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2005
well in his book, there's a chapter dedicated to "maintaining a long-lasting relationship" for those that find that one special girl.

i can go on and on about  it but i'd rather not. if you can get the book, do!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by matrix(m): 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2005
Cimon jorr, since you read these guides let me tell something. Its all commonsensical. I have read a couple, it all says the same thing. That stuff don't aplly to nija chicks. Nija chicks are a unique breed,They are exotic birds
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Greatpeter(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2005
Exotic birds? from where?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dedicate A Song To Your Lover / Promiscuity Among Young Girls / When A Girl Asks A Guy For His Picture While Chatting With Him (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.