Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,523 members, 7,944,543 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? (609 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / My Aunt Married At 39 / Ten Things You Wish You Had Figured Out Before 30(or 25,or40,or50!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by Lacrissa: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2010
I am in my early 20's and most people around me tell me there's more to marriage, hardships and all but I really want to settle down at that age and most especially have my first child by 25. Am I just fantasizing? I don't think I am, that's just my wish. Is it wrong to be thinking this way?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by queeneve: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
If you are with your soulmate why not? I don't see nothing wrong with that,
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Op,

Do you have a job or source of income? Have you finished your schooling?

Can you take care of yourself and a child without depending on a man?

You might want to answer these questions first before getting married
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by InkedNerd(f): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
Well, if you can work really hard and establish yourself financially to be able to afford to take care of a child then go right ahead. Seems somewhat unrealistic through. There are some that have careers and kids by the age of 25 but it takes a lot to get to that point in such a short amount of time. I was talking one time when I  was talking to a teacher from my former high school and I remember a friend of mine came in the room and was telling me us about her life goals, everything seemed good and dandy until she started talking about how she wanted to be a lawyer by the time she was 25 or 26, have 6 kids, and establish herself as a prominent lawyer in New York. When she said that the teacher and I started laughing hysterically. The teacher had a wife who was a lawyer so he understood the amount of time it would have taken to accomplish this goal. At the time of the conversation, we were still in high school at the time. What's the rush by the way?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by Osama10(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? by pharmking: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
The question you have to ask yourself is that "Am I mature enough to handle the stress of marriage"
Those people might be right. You should think about yourself more and make sure you are ready for it. Having kids is not the end of life . At 23 most man and women having beat around the bushes yet. They haven't party enough yet. And the men you mgiht meet might not be the right one since at that age we don't have the discernment to judge characters and behaviors. At 23 we think controlling somebody will make somebody been with us or stay by our side. So think twice.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Date A Friend's Sibling? / New Dating Rules / Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.