Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,628 members, 7,975,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:23 AM

What's Wrong With Your Tribe? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With Your Tribe? (7179 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ifyalways(f): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
I think the thread title should be" what i think is wrong with my tribe" undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Spyker: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
Rivers State is a mini-Nigeria, so many tribes stuck together in one place.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by COOLDK(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
oludashmi:

Omo ale, e soro damo.
Apoda, afofun gbemu, oku orun, akin dani dani, pada lo 'le kolo bere baba e lowo mama e, asigbe omo ward, won ti paaro e lowo mama e, oto lomo to bi, oto lo gbe wa 'le.

1. Just like your mother is but your father is better than her
2. You said this based on the research frm your sisters, aunties etc
3. I am too sure your father is still paying house rent cos he throws party everywhere and you should have advised him on this instead of exposing his anus to us.
4. Ask your exchanged mother when you get home for the history of hw that statement came to be
5. yes you are right having checked your great grandfathers, forefathers, grandfather, father, your uncles, male cousins and your pix.
6. your answer in no. 5 goes for this too
7. you came to a conclusion after seeing the bombom and b.o.obs of your exchanged mother's toto
8. I am too sure you got this advice from your *father* based on his life experience with your exchanged mother during se.x so keep to his advice and extend it to your in-laws to be so that they will know what awaits them about your family-generational and incurable odour.

Gbam!  Dont mind him jare. Oloriburuku ton fowo osi juwe ile baba e ni. Omugo eyan tio le gbon lailai.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by jerk: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
The dirty ones are those poor  hawkers of food stufs and wares and d bleaching mamas nt d avrg yoruba girls.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by donblacky(m): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
they hate progress. cry juju too much embarassed
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by donblacky(m): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
they hate progress. cry juju too much embarassed
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ngwa; [What I Think Is] Our Problem

- Although our ethnic/clan consciousness is still rather strong, we have nearly lost our corporate body.
- We trust outsiders before our own.
- Sometimes, we spend too much time debating one another
- We are no longer swift in our thinking and action (we no longer live up to the "ngwa ngwa" theme)
- Those in diaspora have largely failed to properly integrate the youth body into the larger corporate community

The above may not be unique to my people, but they are still problems, and more importantly, problematic in/for our community.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
Igbo; [What I Think Is] Our Problem

- Too much time spent on [what I believe to be] trivial matters
- The increasingly pervasive "With Us/Against Us" mentality
- Too much effort spent (by some) on attempting to forge what simply isn't necessary and/or what simply shouldn't be
- [What seems to me to be] an overly high dependency on government

Just My Thoughts.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by COOLDK(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
johnterry4:

my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.
our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.

No wonder ur mum is always dirty even up till date and used to sleep around wt men aside ur father. Doesnt dt make her cheap?

johnterry4:

[color=#006600][b]my tribe--yoruba.

our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.
i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.
our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.

Oh! I see, dts why ur mum look like an old cargo. Have u forgotten ur dad used to complain about those stretch mark on her? I wonder how ur dad do cope wt her dangerously smelling c.u.n.t.
Omo ale jatijati. Donkey.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by COOLDK(m): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ Ileke-idi
Henhen, so sure pe ileke wa nidi e? Cos o ma n drive awon guys crazy. O se try 9ja guys wo, a wa classical ju, ko seni to fine to wa.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by oludashmi(f): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2010
COOL DK:

No wonder your mum is always dirty even up till date and used to sleep around wt men aside your father. Doesnt dt make her cheap?

Oh! I see, dts why your mum look like an old cargo. Have u forgotten your dad used to complain about those stretch mark on her? I wonder how your dad do cope wt her dangerously smelling c.u.n.t.
Omo ale jatijati. Donkey.

You dont need to answer him again, his mother was supposed to allow him come as mens.truation but pitied him not knowing he will still be exchanged at the ward. Omo to ye k' iya ti fi se nkan osu.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by denony(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
a yoruba guy tried telling the truth and his fellas are trying to nail him shocked

there's nothing absolutely wrong with my tribe smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Madcow(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
Yourba people are sell-outs,
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by asha80(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Igbo; [What I Think Is] Our Problem

- Too much time spent on [what I believe to be] trivial matters
- The increasingly pervasive "With Us/Against Us" mentality
- Too much effort spent (by some) on attempting to forge what simply isn't necessary and/or what simply shouldn't be
Just My Thoughts.

Care to explain that one?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by truly: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ma ti e je ka lo si be yen.
O fe so fun mi wipe awon ayamantaga ko po ni naija? undecided
Please stop speak foreign languages
This is nairaland!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Basics007: 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
Seems as if freedom to express one's thought is no more on NL. Someone wrote something and his mother has been turned to an object of derision cos of that?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by babyme1(f): 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nothing wrong with ma tribe.

BTW we have the most beauriful women wink
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
@onlytruth

You are the son of your father! And a pride to UmuIgbo!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2010
ChinenyeN:

asha 80:

Care to explain that one?

I could better explain them with some examples.

---- Regarding the issue of lawlessness in Ngwaland, the Ngwa seem to be putting their faith and hope in Johnathan to rectify the issue. I attended our most recent Ngwa convention and I listened in on some of the discussions that the adults were having. The only real effort that has been made so far is to write letters upon letters to Johnathan and draw up petitions to T.A. Orji, requesting government assistance, and then waiting for their responses. Virtually no talks about 'on the ground' efforts, by the Ngwa themselves to resolve the problem (there has been news about recent efforts by Onicha Ngwa community, but I don't have all the details).

---- In my discussions with, and observations of, other Igbo (and their discussions), there seems to be an increasing number of people setting their sights toward presidency. At the moment, it is Johnathan. People seem, at least to me, to be wondering how 'pro-Igbo' Johnathan really is. Even now, while focus is still on Johnathan, there are a number of people, such as Onlytruth & Kosovo, who are actively engaged on discussing an Igbo president. It is as if they seem to believe that we cannot effectively do for ourselves, until we put 'one of our own' in the office.

It all just seems to strike me as a high, or overly high dependency on government. To some, my understanding might seem lacking, and honestly, yeah, if my understanding is indeed lacking, then I can admit that. I can admit that my view may not be all that encompassing, but I'm just simply stating my thoughts based on the much I have witnessed and observed.

Others are free to correct me, wherever they feel I am wrong.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ayowumie(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
oludashmi:

Omo ale, e soro damo.
Apoda, afofun gbemu, oku orun, akin dani dani, pada lo 'le kolo bere baba e lowo mama e, asigbe omo ward, won ti paaro e lowo mama e, oto lomo to bi, oto lo gbe wa 'le.

3. I am too sure your father is still paying house rent cos he throws party everywhere and you should have advised him on this instead of exposing his anus to us.
4. Ask your exchanged mother when you get home for the history of hw that statement came to be
5. yes you are right having checked your great grandfathers, forefathers, grandfather, father, your uncles, male cousins and your pix.
7. you came to a conclusion after seeing the bombom and b.o.obs of your exchanged mother's toto
8. I am too sure you got this advice from your *father* based on his life experience with your exchanged mother during se.x so keep to his advice and extend it to your in-laws to be so that they will know what awaits them about your family-generational and incurable odour.

O TI POJUU, GUY, THE INSULT TOO MUCH NA. TAKE AM SOFFREY ABEG.

johnterry4:

[b]my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.
our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.
our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process
we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.
our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.
our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.
our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.
i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.
our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u[/b]

IT IS A LIEEEEEEEE. Every things posted here are without base and are therefore senseless. One of the things a Yoruba guy could do is: They claim the girl friends of dull guys. We too much.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by bawomolo(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
oludashmi:

Omo ale, e soro damo.

was this necessary. did you have to insult his family. remain small before you curse bingo the family dog
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by bkbabe97y(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
My Ibo tribe:

1. We eat people

2. We sell drugs all over the world.

3. We kidnap everything walking; even exported kidnapping/cannibalism to far off places like India.

4. We're scam artists, liars and cheats.

5. We stay selling fake/pirated/inferior stuff.

6. We never learn from the past; always planning coups, killing politicians of other tribes (then claim eons later that they died of heart and asthma attacks ).

7. We think the world is against us.

8. Our finest gals look like PlatinumNK.

9. We worship Ojukwu even though he's clearly senile and is nothing more than a political ho. . . . . . .
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by asha80(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I could better explain them with some examples.

---- Regarding the issue of lawlessness in Ngwaland, the Ngwa seem to be putting their faith and hope in Johnathan to rectify the issue. I attended our most recent Ngwa convention and I listened in on some of the discussions that the adults were having. The only real effort that has been made so far is to write letters upon letters to Johnathan and draw up petitions to T.A. Orji, requesting government assistance, and then waiting for their responses. Virtually no talks about 'on the ground' efforts, by the Ngwa themselves to resolve the problem (there has been news about recent efforts by Onicha Ngwa community, but I don't have all the details).

---- In my discussions with, and observations of, other Igbo (and their discussions), there seems to be an increasing number of people setting their sights toward presidency. At the moment, it is Johnathan. People seem, at least to me, to be wondering how 'pro-Igbo' Johnathan really is. Even now, while focus is still on Johnathan, there are a number of people, such as Onlytruth & Kosovo, who are actively engaged on discussing an Igbo president. It is as if they seem to believe that we cannot effectively do for ourselves, until we put 'one of our own' in the office.

It all just seems to strike me as a high, or overly high dependency on government. To some, my understanding might seem lacking, and honestly, yeah, if my understanding is indeed lacking, then I can admit that. I can admit that my view may not be all that encompassing, but I'm just simply stating my thoughts based on the much I have witnessed and observed.

Others are free to correct me, wherever they feel I am wrong.

if you understand the structure and way nigeria is run you will understand that pattern of thinking(although i do not think in that direction).

by the way how do you think the ngwa themselves or onicha ngwa are going to confront kidnappers that weild war like guns?with matchetes or pistols?local vigilantes are almost always banned by insensitive governments when they sprout up because of the inept ability of police because they are seen to take law into their own hands(meanwhile government is not doing anything about the criminals)

If you must know the the police on ground take orders from IG of police in abuja and not from the gorvernor of a state.it is like LAPD taking orders from washington.

On the igbos waiting for government to help themselves people from other ethnic group will actually laugh at that kind of thinking.whom do you think built imo airport?government?Does an averge igbo person wait for quota from government to do something for himself?

some states give their students bursary or even schorlaship to study in university even abroad.have you ever heard an igbo state doing so?how many igbo people have you seen that rely on government patronage to survive?

guy think well
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
oludashmi:

Ileke-Idi, hw you dey?

Omo ale l'omokunrin to fi owo osi juwe ile baba re nibiyi oo.  e ma daloun o. Oun ni nkan se ile baba tie, nkan o se awa.

mo kuku wa pa. Iwo n ko?

Abi, my sister. kiss kiss

COOL DK:

@ Ileke-idi
Henhen, so sure pe ileke wa nidi e? Cos o ma n drive awon guys crazy. O se try 9ja guys wo, a wa classical ju, ko seni to fine to wa.
LOL!

truly:

This is nairaland!
Then English is also a foreign language, duh
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2010
bawomolo:

was this necessary. did you have to insult his family. remain small before you curse bingo the family dog

grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
Asha, I did state that my view may be lacking, and my understanding, not that encompassing. I also stated that I'm speaking based off what I've seen, heard, read, observed, etc. So I don't know everything, and I don't know the whole picture, but from the much I gather, I made those statements. And its like I said, others are free to correct me, wherever they feel I am wrong. I have no problem with that, because I'm not all-knowing. I reside in the diaspora.

So, I'm sure others have a clearer view of the issues, or a different angle of insight, which I do not possess. I've acknowledged all that, but I'm still saying, what I posted are just my thoughts, from the much that I have gathered; from the much I know. I already acknowledged that I don't have all the details, although I am interested in finding them out.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by CapnCrunch: 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hmm i cant think of anything wrong with the Ejagham/Ekoi

Other than we have failed to get ourselves to be more known(Partly due to our size) and we keep being affilliated with the Efik
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nothing is wrong with my Yourba tribe. We are perfect. cool

If you dont agree or if you are upset with statement, then you can jump into the lagoon or hug a powered transformer cool
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Nothing is wrong with my Yourba tribe. We are perfect. cool

If you dont agree or if you are upset with statement, then you can jump into the lagoon or hug a powered transformer cool

So you are Yoruba? Hmmmmmn . . .

No wonder!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Dotman01(m): 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

My Ibo tribe:

1. We eat people

2. We sell drugs all over the world.

3. We kidnap everything walking; even exported kidnapping/cannibalism to far off places like India.

4. We're scam artists, liars and cheats.

5. We stay selling fake/pirated/inferior stuff.

6. We never learn from the past; always planning coups, killing politicians of other tribes (then claim eons later that they died of heart and asthma attacks ).

7. We think the world is against us.

8. Our finest gals look like PlatinumNK.

9. We worship Ojukwu even though he's clearly senile and is nothing more than a political ho. . . . . . .
. . . LMAO
truly:

This is nairaland!
mind you. . . . Nairaland isnt for foreigners.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by emakgaga: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
Gaddamn!, bro! easy, Holy Molly , and ure graphic too. My condolences. Murder! shocked
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Kennyblues(m): 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke -Idi, what about Becomrich0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tall People Thread / What People Think About Certain Reflex Behaviours. / Funny Naija Street / Area Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.