Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,565 members, 7,914,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:02 AM

What's Wrong With Your Tribe? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With Your Tribe? (7104 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by yabadabado: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2010
IKENGAWO  sure, ly didn't start  this thread to raise all this hateful emotion. NIGERIANS  [if there is any such people on earth] , u  just can't get some things right  NO  ONE IS  PERFECT.
check ur nuclear family , u will understand that there is no such perfect family, there must be a black sheep or the dirty one or the one that is unruly or pessimistic etc
if our parent have done this tribal  hatred thing and they have not suceeded why are u guyz still wasting your life away on such issues  hmmm ?
i  am a member of the association of people in this geographical entity called NIGERIA and anytime i see ifeoma adefarasin and her husband i can,t wait to jump into the inter tribal marriage thing, atiku  and titi, theopilus danjuma and his wife from the south west, IBB  and his late wife from the south south, truth be told , people who are more intelligent than most people still get into this boat.
other example,
poor and  uneducated  people are generally dirty all over the world and i dearsay the yoruba are not the poorest and the most uneducated people in NIGERIA .  some of u  will agree with me that some of this people saying yoruba girls are dirty hav never travel beyond there place of origin and lagos state  and  the state that they look at when coming to lagos.
the ibos are not the tribe with the most crime although EFFC/NDLEA catch list on channels news would want to fool people, they are not the one that has stolen more cash from NIGERIA's purse.
yes they have issues  just like every other tribe but AN american economy would want  the ibos for  their enterprenueral competence.
anada thing is the jazz and crude tribe understanding of the past which is noticeable in all tribe. the yoruba have theirs, the hausas have theirs , the ibos have theirs eg umeh/osu ideas.

on the issue of beauty{it is only an ugly person that would recognise an ugly person} every tribe has it own share of beautiful/pretty/cute/fine girls and plain girlz, The {yoruba guy}? that sent a funny statement of yoruba girls doesn't know that   *The internationally acclaimed literary icon, Eze (Professor) Chukwuemeka Ike, a prominent Igbo who was chosen by his people to be their king married another Yoruba woman*The renowned highlife music king, Chief Osita Osadebe, whose magical hands and voice thrilled his fans all over the world took his wife from the Yoruba land[Until his death some years back, Chief Osadebe, an Igbo, confessed to journalists that himself and his Yoruba wife love each other so much that his best food happened to be amala and ewedu soup]*Former Commonwealth Secretary –General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku also picked his wife from the South-west*One of such is the former governor of Imo State, Major General Ike Nwachukwu (rtd), who was also minister of Information whose wife is also from yoruba land. {he is from Isikwuato in Abia State}*governor gabriel suswan is married to a yoruba woman.
u will agree with me that most of the women must have been damsels and i can assure u that alot of them are still looking beautiful when compared to  their  age.

well  i  love every tribe in NIgeria  , they all bring somtin special to the table ,
no tribe is perfect in the whole of the world we just have to curb some excesses
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by benodic: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
i have taken time to read through this thread and i find it quite interesting.

well for me i do not see tribes. i only see individuals in each tribes. and from my own experience having had the privilege of living in the west, east, south south, north east and north west of nigeria i have come to realise that tribal stereotypes can be very misleading and deceptive.

my contact with tribal stereotypes started in Imo state. in the east it is a general belief that people from mbaise are dangerous. i had close encounters with up to 10 mbaise people and i didn't see anything dangerous about them. till now 2 of my best friends are mbaise people.

then i went to university. which is a melting  pot. i had a kogi room mate, and 3 yoruba room mates. from the yorubas i learnt to take life easy and to enjoy life and from my kogi room mate i learnt how to share with others.

i looked out for the stereotypes in them i didn,t see any. mike and john were wonderful guys. we remained in contact even when they graduated. it was them that made me plan towards living in lagos after graduation.

then i went to the north and met another way of life altogether. northerners, truly wonderful people. simple minded, respectful and loyal. no wonder i decided to make my home in the north.

i have come to learn in life that tribe really does not matter. what matters is how much love an individual person have in life. once you have this love your actions go way beyond regional or tribal stereotypes.

right now i have wonderful friends that i can rely on any time from all the major tribes in nigeria. really nigerians are wonderful people, full of warmth.

ask any white man or woman that comes here. the emotional connections we have with each other is totally lacking in white man's land. and they envy us for it.
you may be surprised to find out that all the bad things that was listed about the ibos are definitely not in my character and i have also met yorubas, hausas who absolutely have none of the bad things said about their tribe.

i would advise that we start with ourselves. let us work on ourselves first then it will be easier to relate with others from other tribes without bias.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by hildaa(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
[/quote]@Benodic [quote]
cool good talk
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by yabadabado: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2010
MAYBE WE SHOULD DISCUSS THE THINGS WE LIKE ABOUT OTHER TRIBES IN NIGERIA, THAT WAY , WE WOULD HELP PEOPLE WITH THE DISEASE OF HATRED THAT ARE INFECTING OTHERS OUT HERE.
u are so right @benodic.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by hildaa(f): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Arysexy:

[b][b]My Ibo tribe:

1. We eat people

2. We sell drugs all over the world.

3. We kidnap everything walking; even exported kidnapping/cannibalism to far off places like India.

4. We're scam artists, liars and cheats.

5. We stay selling fake/pirated/inferior stuff.

God help us

6. We never learn from the past; always planning coups, killing politicians of other tribes (then claim eons later that they died of heart and asthma attacks ).

7. We think the world is against us.

8. Our finest gals look like PlatinumNK.

9. We worship Ojukwu even though he's clearly senile and is nothing more than a political ho. . . . . . .
[/b][/b]

OTU NNEGI THERE!!!

My tribe yoriba has the following worrying us:

1. We believe in juju even when we go to church and mosque

2. Our girls are very dirty and smelly

3. our guys like agbero and motor park job and are too lazy

4. we are too ugly, i dont know if its bc of the tiger-whisker-tribal marks our parents give us

5. we always open our mouth wide open and shout EGBAMI when there is emergency

6. we like enjoyment - OWAMBE even when we dont have money , we borrow and sell our lands to igbo boys to pay back

7. we dont have liver to fight but we sabi do gra gra! to put fear into our opponent

8.we like bleaching bc we try to yellow like igbos who r naturally yellow bc they eat a lot of vegetables

9. we like taking paraga, shepe etc to shack us when we want perform

10. our mothers always curse us like were! oloriburuku! oloshi! eshu!

11. we hate/jealous igbo ppl bc they came all d way from east and r trying to take over our land.

12. we lick the backside of our god Awolowo, and worship him bc if nt for him we for don finish

13. we r naturally cowards and backstabbers so, nigerians beware of us

14. we can kill for politics, the number of political killings in our region is the highest in nigeria, thats why we r the wierd, wild , west

15. we can stoop so low to beg to gain favour not minding our ego and also do eye service at work to get promotion

16. we see every thing from tribal perspective wheras we r the most tribal ethnic group in nigeria, if not africa

17, my hands are paining me, make i rest am coming.

Please why are we like this? its time we turn a new leaf!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Iyineda(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
What a pathetic thread.

Nigeria is hitting 50 in less than a couple of days and people are still on tribalistic facts. Good let's keep it up. . . =__=
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by COOLDK(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ All posters
u are too much! This is y they call us 9jaaaaaa.
We b d most incredible outa & straight 4rm 9ja. TRIBE CREDIBILITY hear am, check my tribe walahi aya e aja, no be lie hear am, no be lie YORUBA loba won.
My YORUBA tribe! U na too gbaski.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by aparata: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2010
ik
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by aparata: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
john terry4,u 4got bleaching cream
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by IBEXY(m): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
This ikengagwo guy needs rehabilitation. His outlook is too negative. Does he think people in other tribes are any different from the Ibos whom he has grossly misrepresented here. You only see evil if you choose to. cry
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Arysexy(m): 12:05am On Sep 30, 2010
ikengawo is a yoruba guy under igbo name mask, dont mind him. we have a lot of them on NL making other tribes look bad with their tribal bashing, i face them when i notice their moves
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 30, 2010
Arysexy:

ikengawo is a yoruba guy under igbo name mask, dont mind him. we have a lot of them on NL making other tribes look bad with their tribal bashing, i face them when i notice their moves

He's not yoruba, dont throw your cargo at another tribe.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by bawomolo(m): 4:22am On Sep 30, 2010
ha ha let it all out guys.

even dr phil and tb joshua combined can't save it out
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by zobay(m): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2010
Kai wallahi my tribe na the best only that we are not interested in western education and we love power too much.
Now i know the pple distroying this nation it YOU-IGBOs N YORUBAs
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by freshera: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2010
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MY TRIBE (YORUBA)

We are well educated and very enlightened. We have two religions (Christianity and Islam) and that helps us to mix. We show a lot of respect to elders and we greet a lot (E Ku , ) and this helps us to look as if we are closely knit.

Our traditional dresses are beautiful and extremely creative and thats why other tribes copy us.

THINGS I DISLIKE ABOUT  MY TRIBE
Disclaimer: please this does not apply to everyone grin grin grin

We are the best hypocrites and backstabbers and have absolutely no loyalty to our tribe.  sad

We show too much respect at times and so we cannot speak the truth when its needed. For example, Obasanjo who is a confirmed thief is still regarded as a remarkableno!, charmingmaybe humorousyes but na black man sense elderyes!. He is supposed to be in prison (life imprisonment with no parole) along with Banagida, Danjuma, etc.

We think we are the best. Indeed!!! grin  No tribe is perfect.

We are extravagant and love parties and enjoyment/show-off too much and care too much about how other people see us and too little about ourselves.

I am a proud Ijebu (EWESO OMO ALARE!!!) and I love my tribe but the truth must be told and it does not mean we are inferior to others in any way.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by caringchi(f): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
NICE TOPIC
onlytruth and johnterry4 make more sense
though, every tribe has its good and bad sides
but i believe individuals matter alot more than their tribes
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ikengawo: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2010
LOL

a lot of you guys have a poor sense of humor but the lack of ability to mock yourself indicates the inability to see your own problems, which indicates an inability to progress.

im igbo, im proudly igbo, but we're not perfect, nobody is and this is how we're not perfect.
If you feel insulted you simply lack intelligence, and that's not an insult, the inability to take criticism is a sign of low intelligence.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by excanny: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ikengawo:

LOL

a lot of you guys have a poor sense of humor but the lack of ability to mock yourself indicates the inability to see your own problems, which indicates an inability to progress.

im igbo, im proudly igbo, but we're not perfect, nobody is and this is how we're not perfect.
If you feel insulted you simply lack intelligence, and that's not an insult, the inability to take criticism is a sign of low intelligence.

What have you gained so far with this silly thread you put up here? If you are self-hating and you want to insult yourself, do so without dragging the name 'Igbo' into it next time. The good name of the Igbo race is beyond you and you have no right whatsoever to disrespect Igbos. I'm absolutely disappointed in you because you have chosen to go against the good virtues your parents instilled in you.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by birdman(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ikengawo:

LOL

This thread had potential, but too many people take things personally on nairaland.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Arysexy(m): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
[b]

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe?
« #95 on: Yesterday at 12:11:11 PM »

im igbo
- our people lie too much
- our people extremely arrogant
- our women are even more arrogant then the men and rude
- we are the least likely to take pride in our culture.
- we have huge heads
- obsessed with showing off.
- elitist
- we accuse others of hating us when we're probably the biggest tribalists in nigeria.
- lack of scruples. but this is true of all tribes in nigeria, we're all willing to do anything to get ahead regardless of the moral disposition of the act.
[/b]

LOL

Ikengagwo, inability to mock urself is nt same as mocking a whole igbo race, get that! i'm igbo, and who told u i have huge head? who told u i like to show off? who told u i take least pride in identifying with my culture? i find the above quotes of u rather insultive than having a poor sense of humour for an igbo race, pls speak for urself and ur family and not the igbo nation. oke no nulo gwara oke no na ohia na azu di na ngiga! ikotosia igbo na ezi, iputa ebea igwa m na anyi ejighi ofu obi eme ihe, obu gi ka osi na aka, biko kwusi ikoto igbo maka na onye ofe mmanu agaghi eme ihe a imere ebe a. ofu okwu ezuela onye ma ihe. ka chineke mezie okwu.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ChikiChik(f): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Your topic shows how miopic you are. Please if you don't know what to post, please try and wait for people that have focus which their topic can make impact on people to post. You don't have to tell the whole world how arrogant you are, and the way you tell lies, since you did not get a sound training to know that things like that are personal then I have to tell you. Telling lies, being arrogant, showing, not promoting culture and whatever are all your personality attitude of which you are suppose to go and work on, Please don't generalise it. onlytruth and bermudai I am grateful for telling him the truth jo
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ikengawo: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2010

What have you gained so far with this silly thread you put up here? If you are self-hating and you want to insult yourself, do so without dragging the name 'Igbo' into it next time. The good name of the Igbo race is beyond you and you have no right whatsoever to disrespect Igbos. I'm absolutely disappointed in you because you have chosen to go against the good virtues your parents instilled in you

go die lol.

and claim down. look at you getting mad because of the internet.
when jewish comedians go on stage they mock jewish people. When fat comedians go on stage they mock fat people. when black comedians go on stage they mock their ppl

when nigeria ones go on stage they mock nigerias.

we all have the ability to criticize and laugh at our selfs and i'm sorry you lack the mental capacity to join suit. I can't see how an adult will get emotional because someone said igbo ppl have big heads on the internet.

WHICH THEY DO! lol
im igbo, my head is HUGE! Your inability to take criticism only reflects a lack of confidence which in it's self is more shameful then saying igbo people like money. (which they do!)

lets stop all these sensitivity, it's embarrassing. Only those with something to be ashamed of are sensitive.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ruq: 3:53am On Oct 03, 2010
Ikengawo:

go die lol.

and claim down. look at you getting mad because of the internet.
when jewish comedians go on stage they mock jewish people. When fat comedians go on stage they mock fat people. when black comedians go on stage they mock their ppl

when nigeria ones go on stage they mock nigerias.

we all have the ability to criticize and laugh at our selfs and i'm sorry you lack the mental capacity to join suit. I can't see how an adult will get emotional because someone said igbo ppl have big heads on the internet.

WHICH THEY DO! lol
im igbo, my head is HUGE! Your inability to take criticism only reflects a lack of confidence which in it's self is more shameful then saying igbo people like money. (which they do!)

lets stop all these sensitivity, it's embarrassing. Only those with something to be ashamed of are sensitive.

word!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by johnterry4: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2010
ikengawo,u are so right.i dont know why people cant just admit it.

my tribe yoruba is a useless one.
they are dirty
they flirt (amost all our babes are prostitutes)
our babes have wide punanies

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Arysexy(m): 1:31am On Oct 06, 2010
:Pikengawo,u are so right.i dont know why people cant just admit it.

my tribe yoruba is a useless one.
they are dirty
they flirt (amost all our babes are love-peddlers)
our babes have wide punanies
grin grin grin grin

yes u a right, i dont know why some ppl dont have gud sense of humour! tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by oylam(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2023
johnterry4:

which tribe na?

my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.

our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.

our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process

we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.

our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.

our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.

our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.

i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.

our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u

@ COOL DK  and oludashmi,
y una dex na.so d truth hurts this much.lmao.
i speak d truth not minding what u think.am sure u are just angry i told d truth.think abt it and u will see that am right.

lmao

I no know say omo ibo na insult, no lele.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does The Word ''itutu'' Mean In Yoruba? / Ibo, Ijaw, Kaleberi, Yoruba, Which Tribe Is Rotimi Amechi / Nigerian Folklore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.