Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,213 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:30 AM

What's Wrong With Your Tribe? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With Your Tribe? (7046 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by asha80(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Asha, I did state that my view may be lacking, and my understanding, not that encompassing. I also stated that I'm speaking based off what I've seen, heard, read, observed, etc. So I don't know everything, and I don't know the whole picture, but from the much I gather, I made those statements. And its like I said, others are free to correct me, wherever they feel I am wrong. I have no problem with that, because I'm not all-knowing. I reside in the diaspora.

So, I'm sure others have a clearer view of the issues, or a different angle of insight, which I do not possess. I've acknowledged all that, but I'm still saying, what I posted are just my thoughts, from the much that I have gathered; from the much I know. I already acknowledged that I don't have all the details, although I am interested in finding them out.

ok
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ujujoan:

So you are Yoruba? Hmmmmmn . . .

No wonder!

No wonder wetin?

because I recommended that you find a good Yoruba guy and marry. Abeg take the advice o.

Like i told you before, many of your sisters are happily married to my brothers and they are enjoying it. cool

Yours will not be an exception, If not that my hands are full, i would have married you myself. grin
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ibomade1: 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ibos Rock !!! and bk.babe97y has addressed most of the issues but Ibo girls fine ooo. But some tribes will rather live in denial.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by johnterry4: 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nothing wrong with ma tribe.

BTW we have the most beauriful women Wink

which tribe na?

my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.

our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.

our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process

we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.

our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.

our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.

our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.

i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.

our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u

@ COOL DK  and oludashmi,
y una dex na.so d truth hurts this much.lmao.
i speak d truth not minding what u think.am sure u are just angry i told d truth.think abt it and u will see that am right.

lmao
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by beelyjay45(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
Am Youruba

the things i know that is definitely wrong with my tribe are:

1. We are the most disunited tribe in Nigeria, Look @ the Hausa's they got politics going for them, the Igbos got the business end going on for them these two tribes are united in these aspects no matter the difference they settle it n move on but my tribe will make sure they see the end of whatever good someone is doing. We Yorubas are treacherous, snichy, backstabbing set of people. the word LOYALTY is not inscribed in our dictionary.

2. We swear a lot, we have vaulgar languages you can think of e.g Oloriburuku, were, asieree, iyaeee. konidafue. I can go on and on and on
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by jchublue: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
Some hilarious and ridiculous comments on here,
Should we be calling different ethnicities tribes or are they races?
i read a funny blog recently with an article on the different ethnicities and stereotypes in Nigeria. Check it out http://woahnigeria./2010/09/17/you-must-love-me/
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
@bk.babe97y

Its obvious you are not an igbo guy! "You talk too much, loosely, and foolishly" undecided undecidedand above all, based on your profile pix, i guess you are the son of a har-lot! cheesy cheesy

Anu Ofia!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
greateros:

@bk.babe97y

Its obvious you are not an igbo guy!

If I ate a raw, bleeding, human limb in ur presence would this put paid to ur nonsensical assumptions that I am not Ibo?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by ziga: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
@OP

Nice idea. . . If we can talk about the bad characters we possess, we are halfway to making a positive change.

Unfortunately, it has been hijacked and turned into a mudslinging event. A lot of Nigerian's attitude of self importance (mine is better or more important than yours) is what continues to keep us disunited.

The aggressive, arrogant Nigerian spirit which has helped us achieve in times of difficulty and also in foreign lands is what keeps us from making progress.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by hackney(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

If I ate a raw, bleeding, human limb in your presence would this put paid to your nonsensical assumptions that I am not Ibo?

You are just a slightly learned Yoruba man masquerading as someone else,
I can picture you ; very dark,heavy-lipped and with serious tiger scratches on your face.

Now, tell me about the jokes immigration makes when you show up at airports.
meaoww! !
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by hackney(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
Igbos . . . . hmm.
na long story
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by hackney(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
the igbos are too strong-headed to move forward as a people, that's why igbo enweyi eze (we no get king).
We also tend to like money a tad too much. (to the point of readily killing in many cases).
Infact an Igbo man can literally sit still for 10 days if he will get some money at the end of it.

Comparing the poor ones in each tribes , the yorubas are the dirtiest ever.
However , i think the sexiest girls could easily be yorubas in my experience.
Their gurls are sexy in a unique way and usually shapely (proper nyash).
they also have more respect for others especially to older people , where ever they are.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Arysexy(m): 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2010
[b][b]My Ibo tribe:

1. We eat people

2. We sell drugs all over the world.

3. We kidnap everything walking; even exported kidnapping/cannibalism to far off places like India.

4. We're scam artists, liars and cheats.

5. We stay selling fake/pirated/inferior stuff.

6. We never learn from the past; always planning coups, killing politicians of other tribes (then claim eons later that they died of heart and asthma attacks ).

7. We think the world is against us.

8. Our finest gals look like PlatinumNK.

9. We worship Ojukwu even though he's clearly senile and is nothing more than a political ho. . . . . . .
[/b][/b]

OTU NNEGI THERE!!!

My tribe yoriba has the following worrying us:

1. We believe in juju even when we go to church and mosque

2. Our girls are very dirty and smelly

3. our guys like agbero and motor park job and are too lazy

4. we are too ugly, i dont know if its bc of the tiger-whisker-tribal marks our parents give us

5. we always open our mouth wide open and shout EGBAMI when there is emergency

6. we like enjoyment - OWAMBE even when we dont have money , we borrow and sell our lands to igbo boys to pay back

7. we dont have liver to fight but we sabi do gra gra! to put fear into our opponent

8.we like bleaching bc we try to yellow like igbos who r naturally yellow bc they eat a lot of vegetables

9. we like taking paraga, shepe etc to shack us when we want perform

10. our mothers always curse us like were! oloriburuku! oloshi! eshu!

11. we hate/jealous igbo ppl bc they came all d way from east and r trying to take over our land.

12. we lick the ass of our god Awolowo, and worship him bc if nt for him we for don finish

13. we r naturally cowards and backstabbers so, nigerians beware of us

14. we can kill for politics, the number of political killings in our region is the highest in nigeria, thats why we r the wierd, wild , west

15. we can stoop so low to beg to gain favour not minding our ego and also do eye service at work to get promotion

16. we see every thing from tribal perspective wheras we r the most tribal ethnic group in nigeria, if not africa

17, my hands are paining me, make i rest am coming.

Please why are we like this? its time we turn a new leaf!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2010
Arysexy:

[b][b]My Ibo tribe:

1. We eat people

2. We sell drugs all over the world.

3. We kidnap everything walking; even exported kidnapping/cannibalism to far off places like India.

4. We're scam artists, liars and cheats.

5. We stay selling fake/pirated/inferior stuff.

6. We never learn from the past; always planning coups, killing politicians of other tribes (then claim eons later that they died of heart and asthma attacks ).

7. We think the world is against us.

8. Our finest gals look like PlatinumNK.

9. We worship Ojukwu even though he's clearly senile and is nothing more than a political ho. . . . . . .
[/b][/b]

OTU NNEGI THERE!!!

My tribe yoriba has the following worrying us:

1. We believe in juju even when we go to church and mosque

2. Our girls are very dirty and smelly

3. our guys like agbero and motor park job and are too lazy

4. we are too ugly, i dont know if its bc of the tiger-whisker-tribal marks our parents give us

5. we always open our mouth wide open and shout EGBAMI when there is emergency

6. we like enjoyment - OWAMBE even when we dont have money , we borrow and sell our lands to igbo boys to pay back

7. we dont have liver to fight but we sabi do gra gra! to put fear into our opponent

8.we like bleaching bc we try to yellow like igbos who r naturally yellow bc they eat a lot of vegetables

9. we like taking paraga, shepe etc to shack us when we want perform

10. our mothers always curse us like were! oloriburuku! oloshi! eshu!

11. we hate/jealous igbo ppl bc they came all d way from east and r trying to take over our land.

12. we lick the backside of our god Awolowo, and worship him bc if nt for him we for don finish

13. we r naturally cowards and backstabbers so, nigerians beware of us

14. we can kill for politics, the number of political killings in our region is the highest in nigeria, thats why we r the wierd, wild , west

15. we can stoop so low to beg to gain favour not minding our ego and also do eye service at work to get promotion

16. we see every thing from tribal perspective wheras we r the most tribal ethnic group in nigeria, if not africa

17, my hands are paining me, make i rest am coming.

Please why are we like this? its time we turn a new leaf!

Its obvious you are a fool,

[b]my tribe--yoruba.

our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.
our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process
we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.
our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.
our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.
our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.
i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.
our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u[/b]

You are right jare and hour girls like juju too much , i would rather marry ibo
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 29, 2010
our* sorry
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Arysexy(m): 12:56am On Sep 29, 2010
Its obvious you are a fool,

aren't u a bigger fool?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by TewMuch: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2010
johnterry4:

my tribe--yoruba.

our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u

This guy is a homosexual. lipsrsealed Which guy looks at another man and thinks he is fine? And he seems to really hate women a lot.
It seems like John Terry is Benue, and hates Yoruba's so much. What did they do to you? Steal your mother from your father? I am sure a Yoruba girl has dumped you before, and a Yoruba boy was caught banging your mum's brains out. SOrry for your traumatic childhood. If you are pissed about the OP knocking your Igbo people, he is actually Igbo. Everyone notice that he couldnt interpret that curse? rotflmao. If you were really yoruba you will know what it means.hahahahahha grin cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by bawomolo(m): 2:15am On Sep 29, 2010
you guys are full of hate.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by MaziUche0(m): 3:11am On Sep 29, 2010
The OP is not an Igbo man.

A true Igbo man would never show his dirt for the whole world to see.

WE DISOWN THIS MAN!
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 29, 2010
bawomolo:

Comot jor. grin grin

After Igbo and Yoruba, who is next? Honerico, come here and discuss Edo tribe for us.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by MaziUche0(m): 3:18am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-Idi,

Explain that statement about me! angry

We have yet to seal the deal.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ileke-Idi,

Explain that statement about me! angry

We have yet to seal the deal.
Remove the angry face.

You know you like it.

What deal? ehrrm, it has already been sealed. Have you forgotten?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by MaziUche0(m): 3:23am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Remove the angry face.

You know you like it.

What deal? ehrrm, it has already been sealed. Have you forgotten?

Hmmm indeed I do.

I am sure SEFAGO doesn't like that though.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

Hmmm indeed I do.

I am sure SEFAGO doesn't like that though.
awww, do you miss SEFAGO? embarassed

And what has he got to do with my loc.?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by MaziUche0(m): 3:29am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

awww, do you miss SEFAGO? embarassed

And what has he got to do with my loc.?

Nothing. . .

Anyway carry on this topic.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by chic2pimp(m): 3:30am On Sep 29, 2010
bawomolo:

Comot for hia jor. Nah who make you peace maker in chief ehn? Oya Vamoose sharp sharp b4 I call Bingo grin
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ruq: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2010
What's wrong with each tribe can be seen in every tribes it's just that some tribes are tagged with some characters like Benin people are tagged with stubborness,yoruba tagged with extravagancy. It really doesn't matter sha! Because some people will say ibo people are stingy,and you end up finding alot of stingy people in other tribes. But i think the ibo people like yorubas except the ones on Nairaland. I JUST WISH NIGERIA WASN'T MORE THAN TWO TRIBES IN ALL. This tribe stuff is the primary problem Nigeria has. Bleep
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by knotty(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2010
my people are dirty!

sorry, i am proudly yoruba.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by birdman(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2010
what an entertaining thread grin
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2010
l.o.o.s.e.r.s
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OboBoco(f): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2010
@ CAPNCRUNCH

Hmm i cant think of anything wrong with the Ejagham/Ekoi

Other than we have failed to get ourselves to be more known(Partly due to our size) and we keep being affilliated with the Efik

Generally, there is no serious thing wrong with the people from Cross River,
i guess since we were the people that the missionaries stayed with most
we learnt to be civilized early and embrace each other as brothers and sisters.
so you should not be worried that the Ejagham/ Ekoi keep being affiliated with the Efik.
though i am FULL EFIK, we interact and  try to accept everybody from Cross River and see them as our brothers and sisters.
the only thing i feel may be wrong but is not really an issue is the fact that we tend to be proud.
but i guess that results from the much dignity that we have.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by IBEXY(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2010

im igbo
- our people lie too much
- our people extremely arrogant
- our women are even more arrogant then the men and rude
- we are the least likely to take pride in our culture.
- we have huge heads
- obsessed with showing off.
- elitist
- we accuse others of hating us when we're probably the biggest tribalists in nigeria.
- lack of scruples. but this is true of all tribes in nigeria, we're all willing to do anything to get ahead regardless of the moral disposition of the act. 

Mr Ikengawo
Good God  shocked
How can you be so negative about your own people? Are you ashamed of who you are? Am sure Yoruba oe Hausa people will welcome you. Apply within kiakia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Tell Difference Between Hausa And Fulani People / Chinese But Nigerian At Heart / Funny Naija Street / Area Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.