Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1478624 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2021
hilariouscandy:
What are the necessary documents you submitted pls?

post=107778941]GOOD NEWS!!!

Biometrics on 21/10/2021
Visas pick up on 19/11/2021
Center - Ikeja
Type - Standard
Visa type - Visit and first time without travel history.
My employer CAC - INACTIVE

Although, I submitted before I joined this platform but this place helped me knowing some prayer points.

What else? I PRAYED SHA... BUT GOD HEARD AND ANSWERED ME.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2021
harrrry:
Amen Amen Amen

Amen ó.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
I made a mistake on my cover letter. I didn't address to the ECO and I didn't write it like this

The Entry Clearance Officer,
British High commission,
Lagos,
Nigeria

Dear Sir/Madam

COVER LETTER FOR TOURIST VISA APPLICATION

Name:
DOB:
Nationality:.
Passport Number :

But the rest of my letters I address.

Hope that won't cause any problem

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
Amen
Debbieeeeeee:
As a comic relief grin I plead the blood of Jesus on last week of October applicants, this new week that will begin on the 22nd we will get our visas. Amen grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
No it won’t. Some don’t even write cover letter and they get their visas. Don’t it let bother you

bukimireal:
I made a mistake on my cover letter. I didn't address to the ECO and I didn't write it like this

The Entry Clearance Officer,
British High commission,
Lagos,
Nigeria

Dear Sir/Madam

COVER LETTER FOR TOURIST VISA APPLICATION

Name:
DOB:
Nationality:.
Passport Number :

But the rest of my letters I address.

Hope that won't cause any problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Amen, mine is 13th October o.
Debbieeeeeee:
As a comic relief grin I plead the blood of Jesus on last week of October applicants, this new week that will begin on the 22nd we will get our visas. Amen grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
bukimireal:
Mine was 12th
my case is even different as I've gotten my visa just waiting for my daughter's own and we submitted same day o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
bukimireal:
We have committed all October applicants to the most high grin because na blood of Jesus sure pass now. Prior to now, my passport has never exceeded 15 days with the BHC, this one reach to plead the blood of Jesus o.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
sojimomomo:
Documents submitted:
1. Offer letters
2. Confirmation of appointment
3. Promotion letter/Company's ID Card
4. Re: Annual Leave Letter
5. Employer's Letter Introducing me to the Deputy British High Commission Lagos
6. Six months payslip
7. Employee Pension papers
8. Retirement Savings statement
9. Six months bank statement/Reference Letter(Hard copies)
10. E-statement directly to the embassy from my bank
11. Manager's cheque for me, my wife and three children
12. Deed of conveyance/building permit papers
13. CAC documents showing me and my wife as the proprietors
14. Affidavit from the Federal high court
15. Cover Letter
16. Invoice/Contract agreement showing huge money that passed through my account
17. Cooperative Investment agreement
18. SPA to prove another huge deposit in my account
19. THE OGA KPATA KPATA OF DEM ALL WAS TO FAST AND PRAY FROM 6AM TO 3PM FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS AND EMBARKED ON MIDNIGHTS PRAYERS . I ALSO ENGAGED SOME PRAYERFUL PEOPLE OF GOD TO INTERCEDE FOR ME.

Thank you.

Congratulations but I’ll say you got your visa because you merit it, some people engaged more prayerful men of God and prayed more than you did but still didn’t get the visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

We have committed all October applicants to the most high grin because na blood of Jesus sure pass now. Prior to now, my passport has never exceeded 15 days with the BHC, this one reach to plead the blood of Jesus o.

Time to start fasting and prayers from now till Monday ��� So we will get collection mails, insha Allah
In Jesus name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
fela1000:
Please brothers, under what section will
1-Landed property be,
2-Passport data page
3-My personal ID card
4-My cover latter
5-Visa page

Respectively Asking!!

Please my brothers help me out. I’m submitting on 25th Thursday so I need to complete this online form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
sojimomomo:
Documents submitted:
1. Offer letters
6. Six months payslip
15. Cover Letter
16. Invoice/Contract agreement showing huge money that passed through my account
19. THE OGA KPATA KPATA OF DEM ALL WAS TO FAST AND PRAY FROM 6AM TO 3PM FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS AND EMBARKED ON MIDNIGHTS PRAYERS . I ALSO ENGAGED SOME PRAYERFUL PEOPLE OF GOD TO INTERCEDE FOR ME.

Thank you.

Damn! This your documents much, you really earn it.
Please bro help me with the cover letter.
Is it compulsory to gather all this documents before someone can stand a chance of getting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
gistbite:

Time to start fasting and prayers from now till Monday ��� So we will get collection mails, insha Allah
In Jesus name
If I heard of these delays before submitting, I wouldn’t have submitted because I may be needing my passport soon and I hate these types of pressures. It comes with its own headache
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please I'm trying to select a date for appointment, self-service (23rd of November), but the page doesn't load when I select "No Thanks". If I select upgrade to Super Priority, quickly it loads and proceeds with a bill of £1,011 , but I don't want Super Priority. I already paid $134 for application, and UKVI already assigned a compulsory £55 for UKVI services. (Lagos, V.I - I didn't know about this bill additional £55, if not, I'd've chosen Ikeja)

I just want to select a date, so I can proceed to upload my documents myself. But, it just doesn't proceed.

How can I fix this please?

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hello, please I need to know how to apply for a Schengen transit visit. I want to use KLM to travel to the UK and it looks like KLM have changed their rules as the UK is no longer part of the EU.

Is it the same requirements as applying for a visit visa? How long does it take, etc? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
I actually I applied with my family and there were also other documents for my wife and children.

You can only submit what you have and PRAY but the bank statement should be authentic. I was convinced myself that my bank statement could earn me a successful visa putting my hope in God almighty too.

My suggestion is, if your bank statement is not yet good, just be patient and build it up. These documents you saw me mentioned were not prepared in weeks but in months. I took my time with the inspiration from God to put them together.

You can check here for the cover letter guide https://www.visatraveler.com/blog/cover-letter-for-uk-visa/

fela1000:

Damn! This your documents much, you really earn it.
Please bro help me with the cover letter.
Is it compulsory to gather all this documents before someone can stand a chance of getting visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
sojimomomo:
Documents submitted:
1. Offer letters
6. Six months payslip
15. Cover Letter

Thank you.

please what's the affidavit for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
You can check here for the cover letter guide.

sojimomomo:
I actually I applied with my family and there were also other documents for my wife and children.

You can only submit what you have and PRAY but the bank statement should be authentic. I was convinced myself that my bank statement could earn me a successful visa putting my hope in God almighty too.

My suggestion is, if your bank statement is not yet good, just be patient and build it up. These documents you saw me mentioned were not prepared in weeks but in months. I took my time with the inspiration from God to put them together.

You can check here for the cover letter guide https://www.visatraveler.com/blog/cover-letter-for-uk-visa/

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
sojimomomo:

Thanks for your words brother. Can I email you sir ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

If I heard of these delays before submitting, I wouldn’t have submitted because I may be needing my passport soon and I hate these types of pressures. It comes with its own headache

If what you need your passport for is an emergency, you can mail them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
chima1978:
Hello, please I need to know how to apply for a Schengen transit visit. I want to use KLM to travel to the UK and it looks like KLM have changed their rules as the UK is no longer part of the EU.

Is it the same requirements as applying for a visit visa? How long does it take, etc? Thanks.

Why not use Qatar? The amount is similar and you won’t need transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
You are free

fela1000:

Thanks for your words brother. Can I email you sir ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
As part of my wife and children's supporting documents. Its like an oat to state that their sponsor being myself will not violate the UK laws during the visit...

Leleky:
please what's the affidavit for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amblessed2021: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Yes
monchat:
Pls anybody that knows any ticket company for cheap flights. It is very expensive. Any assistance for airline from Lagos to Birmingham, kindly assist. I am getting for turkey airline for 650,000 cool shocked . Traveling time is next year January.Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
gistbite:

Why not use Qatar? The amount is similar and you won’t need transit visa?
Qatar takes just too long. 18hrs? Haba
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
gistbite:

If what you need your passport for is an emergency, you can mail them.
They said it takes 15 working days to review applications for passport withdrawal, that’s like 3 weeks and again my 2 years visa fees cry . All I can pray for is they release my passport before deadline on the other end .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Pls I have a question/concern.
I did my biometrics in abuja on 28th Oct. Clearly the 15days for standard application is over.
On the 2nd of Nov I got a mail with this body if mail.
"Dear Customer

Your visa application is under process by Visits UK.

Depending on the service you purchased, we aim to process:

- Super priority visa applications within 24 hours of biometric submission
- Priority visa applications within 5 working days of biometric submission
- All other visa applications within 15 workings days of biometric submission"
[b][/b]

My question is, did the 15 working days start from the 2nd of Nov or 28th of Oct.

Also, I need to be in possession of my passport by latest 1st of December cos I have a trip to make to the US on the 7th and I have my tickets and plans ready.

Is there anything I can do to compel them to release my passport for me? Is there anyone to write to? Or do I just wait hoping the passport comes out before the 1st?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
dzee1:
Pls I have a question/concern.
I did my biometrics in abuja on 28th Oct. Clearly the 15days for standard application is over.
On the 2nd of Nov I got a mail with this body if mail.
"Dear Customer

Your visa application is under process by Visits UK.

Depending on the service you purchased, we aim to process:

- Super priority visa applications within 24 hours of biometric submission
- Priority visa applications within 5 working days of biometric submission
- All other visa applications within 15 workings days of biometric submission"
[b][/b]

My question is, did the 15 working days start from the 2nd of Nov or 28th of Oct.

Also, I need to be in possession of my passport by latest 1st of December cos I have a trip to make to the US on the 7th and I have my tickets and plans ready.

Is there anything I can do to compel them to release my passport for me? Is there anyone to write to? Or do I just wait hoping the passport comes out before the 1st?

2nd of November. But you can make message them to confirm if a decision has been made on your application and when. It's possible this mail is a generic mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

They said it takes 15 working days to review applications for passport withdrawal, that’s like 3 weeks and again my 2 years visa fees cry . All I can pray for is they release my passport before deadline on the other end .

Did they tell you if a decision has been made on your application? It took them two months to return a friend's passport. I will advise you to be patient to avoid loss of money. Can the deadline of the other stuff be extended if your explain your situation to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
chima1978:

Qatar takes just too long. 18hrs? Haba

18 hrs includes the layover but I prefer it to the stress and cost of another visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.