Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1474597 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lordchosen: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Vinny102:
@giselle237, @justwise and anyone with experience
Please help me with answers.

My uncle who has British passport wants to invite me to UK to visit him base on his health condition and my work here in Nigeria is a salary work of 46k. And again, the salary account has been receiving money like one million and something but not up to two million. And my uncle said he will send me his British passport for my application
My concern now is, is my salary of 46k and the money that my friend has been sending to my account which is sometimes more than one million and sometimes not up affect my Visa approval?
Pls advise me also on other things to do.
Thank u

who is sponsoring your trip to uk? 46k salary is no go area.....you need to save 1 year salary to be able to secure return flight ticket......you need a solid tie back home to secure a visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Do I need to fill a passenger locator form for my accompanying kids ?

I also need the link to book my day 2 test.

Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
owenjegede:
Do I need to fill a passenger locator form for my accompanying kids ?

I also need the link to book my day 2 test.

Thanks guys

Looking forward to answer to this question as I'm traveling with my daughter soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vinny102: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
lordchosen:

who is sponsoring your trip to uk? 46k salary is no go area.....you need to save 1 year salary to be able to secure return flight ticket......you need a solid tie back home to secure a visit visa
Thank u so much
But my uncle is the one that will take care of all the expenses and his house in UK is where Iam going to stay and besides, I have more than one million in my other account.
With the above, am I good to go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
If it's Air France, he can pay directly into their own zenith bank account. Last I checked their exchange rate was at 444/1$.
gistbite:

Again, use wakanow, transfer naira to them and they will pay on your behalf.

My partner used them in September when he was leaving for the UK,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
With 46k salary, there’s obviously no incentive to return to Nigeria. The chances are slim o…that’s £83 that you earn every month. Are you married and do you have properties in Nigeria? Your case isn’t very convincing. There is also the question of how someone who earns that amount is able to save up to 1 million naira. I was denied some years ago and at that time, I was earning 350k o. With about 3 million in savings. The ECO denied me saying that he doesn’t know the source of the money in my account lol! So these visa officers are looking for every possible reason to deny you. Try to get another job or start a business and register it in CAC. Then be paying yourself a good amount of money on a monthly basis as your salary.
Vinny102:
@giselle237, @justwise and anyone with experience
Please help me with answers.

My uncle who has British passport wants to invite me to UK to visit him base on his health condition and my work here in Nigeria is a salary work of 46k. And again, the salary account has been receiving money like one million and something but not up to two million. And my uncle said he will send me his British passport for my application
My concern now is, is my salary of 46k and the money that my friend has been sending to my account which is sometimes more than one million and sometimes not up affect my Visa approval?
Pls advise me also on other things to do.
Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
No, you’re not good to go o. You need solid ties to show that you will return. Wife & children, a well paying job, properties/investment etc. It’s not about having 1 million naira in your account. People have been denied with N20 million in their accounts. The question is, “Why will you return to Nigeria to continue earning N46k on a monthly basis?”. The ECO won’t think twice before denying your visa because your case is not very convincing. There’s also the question of, is your uncle married with children? Why can’t his family take care of him? Everyone has a reason to go to the UK so your uncle not feeling well won’t move the ECO. These are people are not empathetic/emotional at all. They look at our applications as if we are liars until proven otherwise. So as they pick up our application, they are expecting lies and false stories.
There are just too many loopholes.
Vinny102:

Thank u so much
But my uncle is the one that will take care of all the expenses and his house in UK is where Iam going to stay and besides, I have more than one million in my other account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vinny102: 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
cutebear:
With 46k salary, there’s obviously no incentive to return to Nigeria. The chances are slim o…that’s £83 that you earn every month. Are you married and do you have properties in Nigeria? Your case isn’t very convincing. There is also the question of how someone who earns that amount is able to save up to 1 million naira. I was denied some years ago and at that time, I was earning 350k o. With about 3 million in savings. The ECO denied me saying that he doesn’t know the source of the money in my account lol! So these visa officers are looking for every possible reason to deny you. Try to get another job or start a business and register it in CAC. Then be paying yourself a good amount of money on a monthly basis as your salary.
Iam not married but does it mean that even
that my uncle can not serve as sponsor assuming I don't have anything doing at all?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
Vinny102:

Iam not married but does it mean that even
that my uncle can not serve as sponsor assuming I don't have anything doing at all?

what they’re trying to let you understand is you don’t have strong income and tie to your home country. Forget about your uncle first your own circumstances determine 90% of the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AlphaStyles(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
FOLLOWING
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vinny102: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
iretiogo1:
what they’re trying to let you understand is you don’t have strong income and tie to your home country. Forget about your uncle first your own circumstances determine 90% of the application
Ok thanks
But what am I suppose to do now because he has already said he will send invitation, his passport and other documents needed by January for me to apply.
Shd I tell him to forget about it?
Abeg make una help me with answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
hmmm.......
today makes it
38 working days
(8 weeks)
since biometrics, application still at DMC
hope say the passport never lost sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
coopfortune:
hmmm.......
today makes it
38 working days
(8 weeks)

I don’t think so. A friend's own also took two months. I just pray they send it back this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Forget about it until your financial situation changes. Get a well paying job or start a lucrative business. Also try to travel to other countries before going to the Uk. Shortly visit Dubai & South Africa or something. Your application is too weak. Your uncle shouldn’t bother sending documents yet because it’ll be a waste. Unless he can sponsor you for student visa.
Vinny102:

Ok thanks
But what am I suppose to do now because he has already said he will send invitation, his passport and other documents needed by January for me to apply.
Shd I tell him to forget about it?
Abeg make una help me with answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lol! Don’t count today na….it’s a sunday grin
coopfortune:
hmmm.......
today makes it
38 working days
(8 weeks)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lordchosen: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Vinny102:

Thank u so much
your chance of getting visit visa is slim........the problem is not your uncle....you can have 20million in your account and still be rejected visa. you need to show them something that will make you return back to Nigeria after your visit to uk........Example (Business, Wife, Kids, well Paying Job, Travel Histories, etc). the 1 Million you are talking about is just 1300 Pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
cutebear:
Lol! Don’t count today na….it’s a sunday grin

bro/sis,
i excluded saturdays, sundays and public holidays.
so last friday makes it the 38th working day from sept. 27, 2021 faaaaa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
It’s sis lol….I’m sure this week, everyone will receive good news. Amen
coopfortune:

bro/sis,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
coopfortune:

bro/sis,
This week something good with come out. It’s a tiresome wait

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
cutebear:

Amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Amen.
cutebear:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Amen
Debbieeeeeee:

This week something good with come out. It’s a tiresome wait
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tobxy07: 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good serving house,please I need people’s advice in respect to my friend application for visiting visa.
He received this mail on Thursday,please what should he do?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
tobxy07:
Good serving house,please I need people’s advice in respect to my friend application for visiting visa.
What he should do is clearly written in the email. Resend account statement he initially submitted (a clear version) to the email address provided in the email sent to him before the deadline.
He can download from the app if he uses GTBank(GTBank comes stamped when you download)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tobxy07: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
He did his biometric 5th of this very month and the message was sent on 18th of this month and every required documents had been uploaded before now,
Please gurus in the house to throw more light
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Reine22: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
tobxy07:

The instructions are clear. He is lucky they even gave him this chance.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 27autumn: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
@giselle237 Thank you very much for the response.
I’m a business analyst and after savings and expenses, I have about 200k disposable cash monthly. Based on this, can I say my budget is about 400k, to apply the x2 disposable income rule. That way, I’m not declaring all my savings for the trip. Is this budget enough?
The savings account is liquid, but to avoid too much explanation, should I just move the 400k to my salary account and explain that?
I have a previous trip to Dubai and a visa refusal to South Africa due to funds (I can’t remember how exactly this was worded and I don’t have it anymore)
Ties to Nigeria: aged parents dependent on me, one landed property in my name and majorly my job, I’m not sure I would get a leave letter from office, can I add a screenshot of my leave approval email?
giselle237:
@27autumn how much do you earn and what do you do for a living?
Even if u have 2m for the trip, u cnt decalre tht u want to use all ur savings fot a trip, what happens to you when u come back from the trip?
Present two accts to show the source of your funds.
U also should also write in the additional info section of the form this explanation u wrote above .
Add ur payslips it will also certify your earnings.
What other ties do u have to Nigeria including aged parents
Do u have any travel hx?
Where exactly is this 2m? Can u get a letter + loquidate d funds if they are not liquid. Mind u tht u will need a cery comprehensive letter with receipts to show how this money has been accummulated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oneweek1010: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 12:21am On Nov 22, 2021
bbclue:

1.Travel intinery
2.letter from your staff that they are aware of your vacation and will see to the affairs of the company
3.hotel and flight booking.... don't pay oooo
4..Then during my own application I did self employment letter, personal I.d card and LIRS tax card...direct assessment card
5.Then I explained my previous refusal letter separately
6.Then i attached my personal saving account where I pay myself 200k monthly..
7.Then I also attach invoices of my business
Hello brother
This invoice you attach is it everything or you selected some to upload.

Respectful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 2:26am On Nov 22, 2021
It just means they’ve forwarded your application to the decision making center. I guess you submitted outside Nigeria. I also got the same email when I applied. You’ll still get a message from ukhubvisainfo stating your visa is under processing by visits Uk

Oneweek1010:
My people , please help me o

I submitted my application online oct 11,
Biometric oct 28,

November 4th: Email that my application has been received and is under processing.

November 18th: The processed visa application for GWf………. Was forwarded to UK visa and immigration.

Please I don’t understand the email, who does it means? ( “The Processed visa application”)

Please someone should explain to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oneweek1010: 5:34am On Nov 22, 2021
@faz,
Did you get yours?
It already close to a month now and It’s surprising that it was just forwarded on Thursday, that means the application has been at the visa application centre?

When they said “the processed application “ I was thinking they have already process my visa application�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2021
Good morning. Wishing everyone expecting the collection mail positive news.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.