Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,221 members, 7,887,599 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1482412 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:
Good morning. Wishing everyone expecting the collection mail positive news.

Amen!...ON GOD!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Amen o
Ukvi have turned someone to zombie checking tls every hour
gistbite:
Good morning. Wishing everyone expecting the collection mail positive news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2021
viktoh12:
Amen o
Ukvi have turned someone to zombie checking tls every hour

Lol I've been checking every 3hrs
9am
3pm
Once it's past 3, I wait for the next day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibaka: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2021
Good morning,

Very helpful posts here I must tell you if not my nephew who I introduced to the thread would have developed HBP thinking his application was delayed for no reason. This platform gave him the required info on the current situation.

Anyway, he did biometrics on 29th September 2021 standard application with his wife and her own visa was out in 15 working days same documents. His own has remained on DMC since then until this morning when it changed to Transferred to VAC.

Also is it possible to request for courier now? the plan was for the wife to pick up both passports but because her own came a month ago she was told he will have to come himself and he is currently out of Lagos.

Hoping for good news too for his own.

So good work everyone and good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2021
ibaka:
Good morning,

Very helpful posts here I must tell you if not my nephew who I introduced to the thread would have developed HBP thinking his application was delayed for no reason. This platform gave him the required info on the current situation.

Anyway, he did biometrics on 29th September 2021 standard application with his wife and her own visa was out in 15 working days same documents. His own has remained on DMC since then until this morning when it changed to Transferred to VAC.

This is a good sign. I'm happy for him
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Finally it's done. Update the house later because the matter long.
Debbieeeeeee:

This week something good with come out. It’s a tiresome wait

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2021
I tapped in and Almighty God did it. My dependants were last week of October applicants and God answered us this morning.
Debbieeeeeee:
As a comic relief grin I plead the blood of Jesus on last week of October applicants, this new week that will begin on the 22nd we will get our visas. Amen grin

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 11:53am On Nov 22, 2021
harrrry:
I tapped in and Almighty God did it. My dependants were last week of October applicants and God answered us this morning.

Congratulations. I'm tapping in to your blessings for my daughter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oluwatomisinni: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
harrrry:

I tap into all the testimonies as I will be sharing mine too this week in Jesus name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
As the prophetess grin I receive my passport pickup email this week.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sh0lar: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mine has been since 30 September. It is 35 working days today. Planning to travel Dec 5; now I have got to defer my trip.
coopfortune:

bro/sis,
i excluded saturdays, sundays and public holidays.
so last friday makes it the 38th working day from sept. 27, 2021 faaaaa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Reine22: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
chima1978:
Hello, please I need to know how to apply for a Schengen transit visit. I want to use KLM to travel to the UK and it looks like KLM have changed their rules as the UK is no longer part of the EU.

Is it the same requirements as applying for a visit visa? How long does it take, etc? Thanks.
It’s the same process as a visit visa except for travel insurance. Takes max 3 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
ibaka:
Good morning,

Also is it possible to request for courier now? the plan was for the wife to pick up both passports but because her own came a month ago she was told he will have to come himself and he is currently out of Lagos.

congrats......
d one we did was on 27th sept. 2021
its d other way round with ur story.

ur own case dependent passport released.
my case principal applicant passport released.

same documents too. Hoping on God oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Sh0lar:
Mine has been since 30 September. It is 35 working days today. Planning to travel Dec 5; now I have got to defer my trip.
It may come this week, be hopeful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Reine22:

It’s the same process as a visit visa except for travel insurance. Takes max 3 days.

How much does it cost? and it's the stress worth it when there are other airlines that doesn't need a transit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by procky(f): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
sojimomomo:
As part of my wife and children's supporting documents. Its like an oat to state that their sponsor being myself will not violate the UK laws during the visit...

Please do you swear this oat in court or you just type it.. am sponsoring my mum and brother so I need to know please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

How much does it cost? and it's the stress worth it when there are other airlines that doesn't need a transit visa.
Since this whole transit visa thing started my sister has done thrice and it has been brisk, application fee is like 39.5k or 40k. She applied last week Tuesday and got her passport on Wednesday afternoon.
If you have a valid usa visa and I think Canada, you will not require transit visa. Other airlines that don’t require transit visas are- BA, emirates , Qatar, Ethiopian , Egypt and co. But Lufthansa, klm , airfrance and other European airlines require it. Total flight time is shorter compared with those middle eastern airlines.
Personally I don wash my hand comot for anything middle eastern airline once my destination isn’t Dubai, flight time is always too long and tiring.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
harrrry:

Congratulations, I'm tapping into your blessing for myself this week, in Jesus' name!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
harrrry:
Please, did your dependants submit in VI or Ikeja ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Congratulations

Mine has been since 13th October. I pray that I will receive mine this week in Jesus name

harrrry:
Finally it's done. Update the house later because the matter long.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mine is oct 8 this is becoming tiring. Im really tapping in to this success stories
bukimireal:
Congratulations

Mine has been since 13th October. I pray that I will receive mine this week in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
I haven’t received mine yet. My sister and I submitted on the 25th of October. She got hers last week Friday. Hopefully I get mine this week.

Oneweek1010:
@faz,
Did you get yours?
It already close to a month now and It’s surprising that it was just forwarded on Thursday, that means the application has been at the visa application centre?

When they said “the processed application “ I was thinking they have already process my visa application�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Since this whole transit visa thing started my sister has done thrice and it has been brisk, application fee is like 39.5k or 40k. She applied last week Tuesday and got her passport on Wednesday afternoon.
If you have a valid usa visa and I think Canada, you will not require transit visa. Other airlines that don’t require transit visas are- BA, emirates , Qatar, Ethiopian , Egypt and co. But Lufthansa, klm , airfrance and other European airlines require it. Total flight time is shorter compared with those middle eastern airlines.

Personally I don wash my hand comot for anything middle eastern airline once my destination isn’t Dubai, flight time is always too long and tiring.

Wow. This is interesting. How do I apply for the transit visit and what documents do they require?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

Wow. This is interesting. How do I apply for the transit visit and what documents do they require?
She just told me she submits passport photos , intl passport, ticket , invitation letter , statement of account , filed form , appt confirmation, photocopy of Uk visa page and passport biodata page(coloured).
She also just said there’s a checklist on the application form and also one checklist on the side of the form where it’s written official use only .
I have a valid USA visa so I haven’t required a transit visa but I got this information from my sister.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
As the prophetess grin I receive my passport pickup email this week.

Please pray for us 2nd week of October people (12th) prophetess
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fazfunms:
I haven’t received mine yet. My sister and I submitted on the 25th of October. She got hers last week Friday. Hopefully I get mine this week.

I had my Biometrics 26th, so if 25th has gotten then I’m next grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

Please pray for us 2nd week of October people (12th) prophetess
Prophetess never collect visa o cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

She just told me she submits passport photos , intl passport, ticket , invitation letter , statement of account , filed form , appt confirmation, photocopy of Uk visa page and passport biodata page(coloured).
She also just said there’s a checklist on the application form and also one checklist on the side of the form where it’s written official use only .
I have a valid USA visa so I haven’t required a transit visa but I got this information from my sister.

Geez, I'm not sure I want to go through another application process again ( we are two traveling) I plan on using Qatar Airways which is like 18hrs or close eyes and just Use British Airways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

Geez, I'm not sure I want to go through another application process again ( we are two traveling) I plan on using Qatar Airways which is like 18hrs or close eyes and just Use British Airways.
18 hours is a long time o! Too long. Even America 12 hours I’m there. You’ll be stressed out.
Let’s be hopeful for Black Friday sales on tickets this weekend , BA may be generous.
I remember the days of BA 190k lagos to London return . May God return the good times to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Prophetess never collect visa o cheesy

Lmao still pray for us ó. You know what they say about good pastor's prayers being answered for others smiley.

I pray you receive it this week. It must be even harder for you that is used to a quick process, this is my first experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I had my Biometrics 26th, so if 25th has gotten then I’m next grin grin
Amen. So shall it be.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

18 hours is a long time o! Too long. Even America 12 hours I’m there. You’ll be stressed out.
Let’s be hopeful for Black Friday sales on tickets this weekend , BA may be generous.
I remember the days of BA 190k lagos to London return . May God return the good times to Nigeria.

Amen. I know it's long especially with a two year old toddler, it's just the fear of the visa application time taking so long again. If I see a better deal with British Airways, I'll take it. I'm just hoping we get her passport this week so we can book the tickets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.