Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,070 members, 7,939,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Part Of Igboland Are You From. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Part Of Igboland Are You From. (17686 Views)

The Social Prejudices Between Oratta(owerri) And Isu Groups Of Igboland. / Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by invisible2(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2010
From the great warrior tribe of Nkanuland, where every boy is born a MAN.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'm not worried, just puzzled. You know me. I seek truth fiercely. Never knew that any woman enjoyed snoring and potbelly.
Now, you know I don't buy that. undecided undecided
tongue tongue tongue stop that thing

@excanny
Lol
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by mmadinobi: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2010
M bu m onye Afara nke di na Mbaitoli, Imo siteti
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by slap1(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=11pt][font=times]
I'm from Obazu, Mbieri grin. Where are you from?

From Umuhu-Ukwu Atta, in Ikeduru L.G.A. My uncle married from Mbieri. So, in-law, wassup?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by slap1(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True that. One of my aunt does thee same thing.
But I just dnt get how ppl do it esp when dealing with a nigerian man, guess it all boils down to trust.

I rem ezeuche, but what has he stolen? Give me a month to crush his ego and he'll be eating out of my palms. Only a yoruba man can handle this. Ezeuche knows that wink

Yoruba men sleep well. Thatz why they have extra fatty skin around their neck cool
Isn't that also why you prefer moderate men like EzeUche?
Onlytruth:

^^

And to answer your question, it is like asking whether a lion is a cat.

Abacha is a superior (by far) form of salad.  cool cool cool The only thing that makes it a salad is the anara/afufa + ugba/ ukpaka + azu mangala +. . . raised to power "n" if you are into Mathematics.
Why make a brother salivate in public, why?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by naijadiva2(f): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I'm from Obazu, Mbieri grin. Where are you from?
I was born in Enugu, but since Ibo culture is patriarchal I'm from Imo State. I'm kinda in the same boat with my dad. He was born and partially raised in the north but is from Imo State. Technically speaking I'm not "fully" Igbo. My grandmother is a Cross River woman which makes my mother half Ibo. I acknowledge both my Cross River and Ibo heritage though.

yep, i knew it, we're related LOL. My mom's side is Mbieri. I dont know what Obazu is so no comment on that.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by InkedNerd(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
naija_diva:

yep, i knew it, we're related LOL. My mom's side is Mbieri. I dont know what Obazu is so no comment on that.

Omg, I have just found my long lost sista lol. Girl, where ya been hiding?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by naijadiva2(f): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2010
lol i know right
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by slap1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
naija_diva:

Rotfl
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_ Nerd and naija_diva I'm happy for you two grin grin So my little thread is working connecting long lost relatives awwwwwww grin grin

If only I can find someone from my area sad sad
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
OgidiBoy:

@ grafikdon,

You are a very wicked man, look at how my mouth is watering right now angry angry angry

Nothing like will prepared Igbo food I swear. cry cry

I need an Igbo wife in my life FAST. cry

Just heard a rumor that there is going to be a Nigerian party in the Metroplex like next month. If you want, I can hook you up with my cousin, she's 19 and just came from home. She is so cute with big b.o.o.b.s
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by InkedNerd(f): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
Freewilly:

Inked_ Nerd and naija_diva I'm happy for you two grin grin So my little thread is working connecting long lost relatives awwwwwww grin grin

If only I can find someone from my area sad sad

Freewilly imela grin

Freewilly:

Just heard a rumor that there is going to be a Nigerian party in the Metroplex like next month. If you want, I can hook you up with my cousin, she's 19 and just came from home. She is so cute with big b.o.o.b.s

lol see match maker here. Oya find someone for me here in New York grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by mafolayomi(f): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
abor mbaise smiley
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by slap1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
mafolayomi:

abor mbaise smiley
My mum - God bless her soul - is from Ezinihitte Mbaise. Welcome!

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Freewilly imela grin

lol see match maker here. Oya find someone for me here in New York grin

I'm way ahead of you sis, I have a couple of very nice Igbo brothers that I used to work with that moved up North to your neck of the woods. I'll give em a call some time this weekend and see if they still single. You know how it's hard to keep them white girls of our Igbo brothers grin
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by excanny: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
mafolayomi:

abor mbaise smiley

Your hubby's place, right? You've been there before? Nice people.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

ngwa nezienu anya!  cry ha!  sad

Please no pun intended, are you Igbo? You can only be forgiven if you are not from Igbo land, or if your part of Igbo land is not into abacha. I am yet to meet an Igbo that doesn't know this dish.

African salad is a slang or colloquial term used in Lagos for one Igbo dish with abacha, ugba and some other ingredients. I can't remember the Igbo name, so that's why I called it that.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by nanidee(f): 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
ehm, Nkwerre Local government area in Imo State cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2010
I'm from Amaechi Awkunanaw in Enugu State. I'm proud to be IGBO. Igbo KWENU!.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by nanidee(f): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
kwezu o unu,
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by InkedNerd(f): 6:00am On Oct 10, 2010
Freewilly:

I'm way ahead of you sis, I have a couple of very nice Igbo brothers that I used to work with that moved up North to your neck of the woods. I'll give em a call some time this weekend and see if they still single. You know how it's hard to keep them white girls of our Igbo brothers grin

Oya bring please. As for oyibo girls, I no dey worry. I am confident in my abilities wink.
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Freewilly(f): 12:12am On Oct 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Oya bring please. As for oyibo girls, I no dey worry. I am confident in my abilities wink.

I trust you grin grin I'm sure bobos are lining up for to pick, I wish I had your abilities sad
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by InkedNerd(f): 2:28am On Oct 12, 2010
Freewilly:

I trust you grin grin I'm sure bobos are lining up for to pick, I wish I had your abilities sad

lol, I you can borrow some of my own wink
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by InkedNerd(f): 3:23am On Oct 12, 2010
Is there a group of people known as Bansara?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Mortiple(m): 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
I represent Eziama-Obiato, Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State, the ONLY town wherein a palm-tree has three branches. cheesy (The town has 3 villages that is why we are called Obi-ato meaning three hamlets/villages and NOT three mind/heart, as some people erroneously think).

For many that are familiar with Onitsha-Owerri Road, it is the community that habours the popular Ukwuorji Bus Stop after Njaba-River Bridge. Interestingly, the 'little' community shares common boundaries with four local govt in Imo State - Akabo-Ejemekwuru in Uguta LGA, Awo-omamma in Oru LGA, Umuaka (Njaba LGA) and other Mbaitoli towns viz Afara and Umunoha.

It is important to note that Eziama-Obiato has no ancestral link with any other town, village or kindred that go by that name 'Eziama' in Igboland.

mmadinobi:

M bu m onye Afara nke di na Mbaitoli, Imo siteti

Nwanna, ke kwanu? Amaocha, Ubaha, Akata, Umuahianmi , ?

IGBO KWENU!!!
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by mafolayomi(f): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2010
Freewilly:

excanny:

Your hubby's place, right? You've been there before? Nice people.

yeah, my man's place, of course i have bin dere. dey ar truly wonderful pple. dey ar so caring, so much so dat dey wont allow me to com back by flight cos dey felt d weather was not good enough, i came back alone cos of my job, while my guy came back d following day. i spent 5 good days dere, and i enjoyed my stay all thru i must confess. i really felt @ home grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by vicenzo(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2010
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2010
Oooiii
i putakwa?
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by 8words(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
Mortiple:

I represent Eziama-Obiato, Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State, the ONLY town wherein a palm-tree has three branches. cheesy (The town has 3 villages that is why we are called Obi-ato meaning three hamlets/villages and NOT three mind/heart, as some people erroneously think).

For many that are familiar with Onitsha-Owerri Road, it is the community that habours the popular Ukwuorji Bus Stop after Njaba-River Bridge. Interestingly, the 'little' community shares common boundaries with four local govt in Imo State - Akabo-Ejemekwuru in Uguta LGA, Awo-omamma in Oru LGA, Umuaka (Njaba LGA) and other Mbaitoli towns viz Afara and Umunoha.

It is important to note that Eziama-Obiato has no ancestral link with any other town, village or kindred that go by that name 'Eziama' in Igboland.

Nwanna, ke kwanu? Amaocha, Ubaha, Akata, Umuahianmi , ?

IGBO KWENU!!!

adi m nma, ma gi kwanu?
a bu m onye Amaocha.
what part of Eziama-obiato are u from? i know nkwo Eziama very well
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2010
vicenzo:

I am from Eziama-Nneato in umunneochi lga of abia state,we share boundary wit umunze,ogbunka and nkerehi,all in orumba anambra state.My maternal home is OGIDI,i am a proud nwadi ani, i spent most part of childhood holidays in ogidi,infact idemili dialect is the only igbo dialect i can speak fluently.

My brother welcome, finally another Ogidi person. I'm so happy I could dance grin grin grin

Odunnu:

Oooiii
i putakwa?

I putakwa, nne longest time kidu kiss
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by Odunnu: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2010
Ezigbo Nwoke,nwoke oma ana aluru ogu,o ma uma asaru nwoke. Oka agbogho mma nwoke,o te go kwa!Whats up?
A no m nma o.
Onwero,onwego di ,si ya nwe!
(Lol) i owe u a drink if you translate well
Re: What Part Of Igboland Are You From. by OgidiBoy(m): 3:04am On Nov 20, 2010
Ezigbo Nwoke.  .   .   .  Good man grin

nwoke oma  . .  .   .   .  Another word for Good man.

A no m nma o  .   .   .   . Am doing fine.

That's the only things I can translate oh sad sad sad

I was never thought to read or write in Igbo, I'm a plateau boy.

One day you and I will sit and have that drink my sister.

*the little princess in your profile is sooooooooooooooo cute, can I put money on her head now for my little brother*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Literal Translation Of (north, South, East, West) In Your Language? / Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu / Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.