Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79935 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 06, 2007
please i need help it my first time ,don't really understand anything about stock in nigeria, can u please send me an email with articles on it lonely2face@yahoo.com, or link me wit a web
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 1:08am On Oct 06, 2007
jayon:

please i need help it my first time ,don't really understand anything about stock in nigeria, can u please send me an email with articles on it lonely2face@yahoo.com, or link me wit a web

Voila! cheesy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2007
easimoni:

@ RoughCut,
I followed that article as well and I had serious thoughts to dump my Wema. If true, it's a shame to let beef get in the way of millions of shareholders. Anyway, I'm holding to xmas, then if no results, I go comot hand.
What these morons dont understand is if the institutional and major shareholders revolt they will be out on their ears without a leg to stand on. I'm sure they did not become investors for some misguided peeps with over-bloated egos to paralyse the company
Did 7M shares yesterday with price inching downwards net offer so the proverbial tide may be turning afterall
Anyway will hold fire till Dec
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by jungle700: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2007
@ Roughcut

Can you pls let us know the source of your news on Wema Bank? I mean about the dispute,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2007
jungle700:

@ Roughcut

Can you please let us know the source of your news on Wema Bank? I mean about the dispute,
stockmarketnigeria.com and then http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/banking-stocks/523-wema-bank.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nairamann(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2007
Hulla,
Can someone tell me what it entails to personally manage my portfolio with a stock brokering firm.
Upon setting up my portfolio with my stock broker, does it mean I can buy say penny stocks and sell
the following month?
Waiting for reply from the gurus please.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2007
nairamann:

Hulla,
Can someone tell me what it entails to personally manage my portfolio with a stock brokering firm.
Upon setting up my portfolio with my stock broker, does it mean I can buy say penny stocks and sell
the following month?
Waiting for reply from the gurus please.

Most brokers will accept communication by email so you can issue your penny stocks instructions daily if you wish. But then, why would buy a stock with a view to sell the following month. regardless of the instant millionaire stories out there, the market is for long-term investor. And why penny stocks?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2007
stanchuks:

i actually bought NGC based on your analysis of it on this trend, if i may ask, whats the problem with japaul, you are the first that has complained of it, please why is it a no buy?

please why is Fidelity bad?

When you discount the media hype, NGC holds more value than Japaul. NGC is also into oil servicing now. For me, I don't see myself selling NGC to buy Japaul.

As per Fidelity, nothing against them. However, I prefer best stocks in a sector. Fidelity does not fit that bill.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ wanajo,
pls do you know anything about longman plc. its fundamentals look solid. trailing eps of 1.3 for a stock trading at 13 naira. looks grossly undervalued. please reply asap. thank you.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by VC2007(m): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2007
Please can all the gurus in the house wheel Sterling into the operations theatre and take it to pieces for me and Tmoni?
Efforts appreciated in anticipation
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kingzy(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2007
@Temmie 10, Easimoni, Wanajo, Shigini and other gurus,
I bought oceanic @ 18.50 on the floor during PO. Should I sell now and buy another good potential stock (which one)or is oceanic still a good short term stock? Is there any impending bonus and what ratio, not interested in dividend. Though I just bought some units of crusader. Plz I need ur answer urgently.Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 8:19am On Oct 09, 2007
kingzy:

I bought oceanic @ 18.50 on the floor during PO. Should I sell now and buy another good potential stock (which one)or is oceanic still a good short term stock? Is there any impending bonus and what ratio, not interested in dividend. Though I just bought some units of crusader. Please I need your answer urgently.Thanks

Personally, I will say offload 75% of your Oceanic holdings. It will take amiracle for them to declare a bonus. A N1.00 dividend will not be enough for a N30.00 stock. N30.00 is a good point to exit especially when you are in for the short term and you think you have better options. You've made over 50% so exit!

Put in another way, I will not be buying Oceanic at 30.00
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2007
kingzy:

I bought oceanic @ 18.50 on the floor during PO. Should I sell now and buy another good potential stock (which one)or is oceanic still a good short term stock? Is there any impending bonus and what ratio, not interested in dividend. Though I just bought some units of crusader. Please I need your answer urgently.Thanks

Be careful not to offload your oceanic and go and buy a loser sha o (many losers out there in the short term currently).
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2007
Temmie10:

@stanchuks
Selling part of your ngc to buy japaul makes sense because u'll lock in on the profits you've already made on ngc and also cash in on another good opportunity via japaul.
Fidelity? Hmmm, thats not a bad idea too because i assume you've made profit on fidelity at the current price. cashing in on another 33% gain via the public offer makes sense too.
2 good moves,
cheers

didnt know u had answered my question because i was wondering, this my oga no wan answer me, i be wan begin begoooooooooo
Thanks man
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2007
@stanchuks
hw body?
i know u've been undecided over your your transcorp and ngc for a while and i have answered u b4 on both.
There are not always absolutes in investments and the most important indicators are your objectives.
If the money is money you are putting away for over 1 year, you will do well to hold your ngc and transcorp

If however you feel uncertain about the market and are looking at a shorter term (which i think is the case) , you can consider locking in your profits on ngc. Fidelity is not the best public offer but selling at 12 naira to buy at 8 naira can hardly be faulted.
If i was looking at short term, i would have sold transcorp long ago.
Since you hav not sold it, why sell now when its at the lowest its been for a while?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2007
@Temmie10

Thanks as usual for you good analysis, think i will hold the transcorp and sell off my fidelity to buy japaul PO
how do u see that?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gozizi: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2007
Is it true that Fidelity Bank has been issued a license to run/own a PFA? If true then it has xcellent prospects abi?!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bjack(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2007
@poster,i just learnt about a phenomenal way of creating new global business enterprises from the scratch in very little time.please i need to know the requirements for taking a company public.Thank you very much.
you can read my phenomenal findiing here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84365.0.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Crownvilla(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ easimoni

What do you think will be the unit price of Japual shares in 1 years time? Can you please, give more info about NGC as opposed to Japaul? Thanks.

@ gozizi

What is a PFA and waht is the source of your info? Thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2007
PFA = Pension Fund Administrator
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2007
Crownvilla:

@ easimoni

What do you think will be the unit price of Japual shares in 1 years time? Can you please, give more info about NGC as opposed to Japaul? Thanks.

A year from now Japaul should be between N6-8. Good enough for those who buy the PO.

I prefer NGC because I don't do POs and NGC on the open market is a better buy than Japaul. That said, the main reason I prefer NGC is because Japaul is doubling it's outstanding shares via this PO. More mouths to feed.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2007
Temmie10
How do see selling half of my transcorp and using it on Japaul PO?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ easmoni

Do you mean NGC is still a good at the moment
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ Easimoni,temmie,wanajo and all
Is livestock feeds,mbenefit and dunlop a gud buy and why
All views welcomed
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2007
enurayce:

@ Easimoni,temmie,wanajo and all
Is livestock feeds,mbenefit and dunlop a good buy and why
All views welcomed

MBenefit YES, Livestock and Dunlop, NO.

Livestock and Dunlop are struggling to turn around and begin delivering profits. You can buy either one if you have a couple of yrs to wait. Dunlop is scheduled to be back in the black sometime in 2008. I plan on buying if/when that happens. Don't know much about Livestock.

Mbenefit is a sound insurance co. Should do well.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2007
MyPeace:

@ easmoni

Do you mean NGC is still a good at the moment

It's good and should hit 30 within 18 months
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2007
easimoni:

MBenefit YES, Livestock and Dunlop, NO.

Livestock and Dunlop are struggling to turn around and begin delivering profits. You can buy either one if you have a couple of years to wait. Dunlop is scheduled to be back in the black sometime in 2008. I plan on buying if/when that happens. Don't know much about Livestock.

Mbenefit is a sound insurance co. Should do well.

If Dunlop goes below 2.50, that will be a good price. With the money from the offer/rights, they should be able to restructure their debts and the turn around in principle should be complete. Hopefully, by 2008, the new production lines should be running thus contributing to the bottom line.

On insurance stocks, until the figures are out (outstanding shares based on merger, rights and PO), one should thread cautiously.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2007
easimoni:

It's good and should hit 30 within 18 months

Don't think so!!!!

It is not a liquid stock so not a focus of most investors. That tends to hinder the price movement.

The oil services arm is not contributing as much as expected due to reduction in oil activities in view of the Niger Delta problems.

The growth in profit of recent has being moderate. 25.00 will be a good one.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2007
Thank you easimoni

NGC = Nigeria-German Chemical Plc, right?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2007
Yes.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by yodiyokun(f): 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2007
wanaj0:

Don't think so!!!!

It is not a liquid stock so not a focus of most investors. That tends to hinder the price movement.

The oil services arm is not contributing as much as expected due to reduction in oil activities in view of the Niger Delta problems.

The growth in profit of recent has being moderate. 25.00 will be a good one.

N25 is very good - that represents 50% increase. I think the 18 months time frame is because of the illiquidity of the stock. If they do bonus , it should help the liquidity.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ Easimoni and Wanajo,thanks 4 ur response

Easimoni,temmie 10,wanajo and @ All
which 5 stocks below N4 will u reccomend for an immediate buy.Please all reply before i make any decison

which 5 stocks below N4 will u reccomend for an immediate buy.Please all reply before i make any decison

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.