Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,033 members, 7,915,987 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:30 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80405 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Naijadr: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2007
I told my friends about COSTAIN since Aug esp folks no wan listen, and thought I was crazy for it taking 50% of my portfolio and straight mad when I started aiming for 75%.
I will buy at the N10 grin price for rights offer, but even the N13 is awesome for those interested. I will also be selling during the bullish run post release of the cap cheesy
I knew in Aug/sep speculation was that this would happen in Nov, but then wasnt sure if they'd wait till Dec
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by pumping777(m): 4:16am On Oct 27, 2007
Naijadr:

I told my friends about COSTAIN since Aug esp folks no wan listen, and thought I was crazy for it taking 50% of my portfolio and straight mad when I started aiming for 75%.
I will buy at the N10 grin price for rights offer, but even the N13 is awesome for those interested. I will also be selling during the bullish run post release of the cap cheesy
I knew in Aug/sep speculation was that this would happen in Nov, but then wasnt sure if they'd wait till Dec

Why you tell only your friends? We nko, ? We offend you? sad
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Allwell(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2007
Hey folks been away for some time. And now I've got to invest. where do i look?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2007
hello guys
been fun reading all ur views
just joined today
i'm an investor and have some banks and insurance stocks in my portfolio
wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the following thoughts i'm considering:
C.I Leasing, Costain (is it too expensive now), MBenefit, Nig.German Chemical(is it too late for this as well), Mutual Benefits

Also, are there any websites that are up to date on analytic data on Nigerisn stock market? Cashcraft is good for price movement charts but info on P.E, PEG, EARNINGS etc
the NSE website seems to require a subscription to have access or am i wrong?

would really value ur responses
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2007
HEY GUYS. 'AVE GOT A QUESTION.
IF YOU HAD THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA, WHICH 2 STOCKS WOULD U INVEST IN?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2007
aktopgun:

IF YOU HAD THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA, WHICH 2 STOCKS WOULD You INVEST IN?

same question for me for 8-12 months?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bibiking1(m): 7:04am On Oct 29, 2007
aktopgun:

IF YOU HAD THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA, WHICH 2 STOCKS WOULD You INVEST IN?

if you properly follow this thread that wont be a problem,
so i suggest you read the last 14 posts CAREFULLY and then draw up a list of 5, then you can ask all the plenty guru's eg Pumpin777,wanaj0, Temmie10, easimoni, frankiriri, dem plenty to pick out two from there.

asking for two from the blues will be too much now
cheers grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ehie007(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2007
HI guys its 12 days to go for the Fidelity Public offer to close. This is an opportunity no to miss at N8/share.
We have the best stock in the market presently and would love you nairalanders to invest.

The sooner you invest the better your chances of full allotment.

Please if u need forms at your disposal i cand email a personalised form to your emails addys.

All you need to do is to print out the personalised form, fill it and pay it into any fidelity bank closest to you.

If your interested contact me with the following means:
1) ehie007@yahoo.com
2) 08030513655
3) Fidelty Bank Plc 23 Awolowo road Ikoyi Lagos. (Dept.: Business Process)

My name is Ehi and i work for Fidelity Bank.
Hala wink smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2007
Hello Guys,
I have been out of the country for long and as such was not privileged to follow things on the floor due to the nature of my job and internet accessibilty while on the job. I am struggling to catch up but what do you guys think abt GTB at current floor price?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2007
KDK:

Hello Guys,
I have been out of the country for long and as such was not privileged to follow things on the floor due to the nature of my job and internet accessibilty while on the job. I am struggling to catch up but what do you guys think about GTB at current floor price?

GTB is a solid bank at any time but they lost the plot with their GDR and a lot of peeps who bought paid more than they should really have done. For where to put your money i would advise you read the last 5-6 pages of this thread and i'm sure you should be a ble to come up with a shortlist of candiadate stocks you might want to invest in
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2007
@ Roughcut,
Many thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2007
When will the TS on NAHCO be lifted?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by funso77(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ ayala2002

Hi Brother, great work you're doin and you did. God bless you. Please can u forward ur contact to me, i believe i need to talk pertaining some personal issues with you. if you see this, you can reach me on 0805-389-5983 or ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com. very urgent pls.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2007
Just learnt the  these companies just released their  results:

Afribank Nigeria Plc  (year ending 30th september, total turn over 19.48 billion)

Evans Medicals Plc  (year ending 30th september, total turn over 1.74 billion)

UACN Plc   (year ending 30th september, total turn over 21.96billion)

Eco Bank Transnational INC

Poly Products Nigeria Plc

Julius Berger Nigeria Plc

Authoritative sources say COSTAIN is to float hybrid offer,existing shareholders @ N11 per share and N13 to general public. So watch out. I think it will be a good buy for long term investors but my advise is don't stay too long, cash out as son as u have made considerable profit. Costain is almost a win win stock if you are patient enough say 6 months.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by walcolm(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2007
otokx:

When will the TS on NAHCO be lifted?

the NAHCO TS has been lifted since thursday last week or there about

price today is N23
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2007
i am considering CI Leasing, Nig german amd MBenefit to invest 300k in.
any thoughts gurus?
other advice appreciated as well
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2007
As a servant of God, I can't involve myself in certain biz ( brewery ) however, the stock I am looking to invest in but still watching are as :NAHCO, 1ST BANK,GTB,BANK PHB, intercontinental, c & i ( weary but watching carefully)

Like i said in an earlier post, I have been away for somew time so I am not really up to speed yet but as for now, these are my pick but my fingers are still crossed.
I am trying to get some fundamentals and future prospects so don't take my word for it yet but u can take my instincts.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2007
THANKS FOR UR THOUGHTS kDK
I HAVE SOME OF FIRST BANK AS WELL AND I THOUGHT AT THE TIME TO BUY A FAIRLY SMALL AMOUNT WHICH I NOW OWN
BANK PHB looks fairly good but as u said its one to watch
i am a bit tired of these IPOs ie Costain because it takes anything from 3-6 months for one to be able to get a certificate and therefore trade the stock, a bit frustrating
any ideas guys about websites one can get accurate, up to date info on Nigerian companies corporate news ie earnings, p/e eps, etc
already know about cashcraft (data is outdated), nigeriansecurities.com isn't bad. any other ideas?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ aktopgun n the gurus,
What made M benefit fall so much? the price has been relatively stable for the past 3 months thoough. Can someone please tell me the prospects of this stock rising in the next 3 months? How is the management and do they have any feasible project?

What's up with NAHCO. i understand they have been on technical suspension which was lifted recently. What caused the sudden fall in share price as btw 15th May and 16 May, 2007? Why were they put on suspension.
Pardon my asking, like i said earlier, i have been out of touch.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2007
kdk, the insurance sector as awhole is somewhat volatile currently with their ongoing recapitalization programme.
MBenfit is like a "new generation" insurance company i.e relatively new compared to others in the sector.
there's some suggestion that the sector could be the toast of investors in the first to second quarters of the new year
its a low medium to medium medium risk i think
Analytic info:
projected eps - 0.15
p/e ratio to growth - 0.92
projected p/e - 20.12 (lower than sector average of 24.79 and is third lowest in sector)

hope this helps
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ KDK
companys are placed on tech. suspension when they are authorized by SEC to make public offers
the suspensions start about 1-2 months before they actually commence the offers and last for about 2months after the offers close
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gidij(m): 2:02am On Oct 30, 2007
Please, country men, what is going on with Oceanic shares? From =N= 34 to =28= in one week ! Is , help!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2007
Thanks guys, I know about the technical suspension stuff. I was hoping it was not because . . . . Neways, what caused the sudden fall in NAHCO shares btw May 15 and May 16th?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by pumping777(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2007
KDK:

Thanks guys, I know about the technical suspension stuff. I was hoping it was not because . . . . Neways, what caused the sudden fall in NAHCO shares between May 15 and May 16th?

NAHCO was marked down for bonus and dividends. I think the bonus was 3 for 2.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2007
It does appear NAHCO is a good stock to acquire.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2007
guys, any thoughts on okomuoil and diamond bank.
i'm about to buy both but wanted to hear from the people in the forum in case there's info i don't have

HELP!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2007
KDK:

As a servant of God, I can't involve myself in certain biz ( brewery ) however, the stock I am looking to invest in but still watching are as :NAHCO, 1ST BANK,GTB,BANK PHB, intercontinental, c & i ( weary but watching carefully)

Like i said in an earlier post, I have been away for somew time so I am not really up to speed yet but as for now, these are my pick but my fingers are still crossed.
I am trying to get some fundamentals and future prospects so don't take my word for it yet but u can take my instincts.

I understand your sesitivities be that as it may on your watchlist take a closer look at Bank PHB, Intercontinetal and C&I i have done some analysis on Bank PHB and C&I somewhere on this thread(cant fish it out now) or on the other thread i'm sure by the time you thrawl through the last 5 pages of this thread or the sister thread you should find the info on these two stocks. Hope this helps
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:25am On Oct 31, 2007
sorry roughcut i tried to open ur response but couldn't
is there any way u can send it to me again or to my e-mail, its seunarasilk@yahoo.com

many thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2007
aktopgun:

guys, any thoughts on okomuoil and diamond bank.
i'm about to buy both but wanted to hear from the people in the forum in case there's info i don't have

HELP!

If you are not a weather forecaster, be careful with Okomu Oil and Presco!!!!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2007
aktopgun:

sorry roughcut i tried to open your response but couldn't
is there any way u can send it to me again or to my e-mail, its seunarasilk@yahoo.com

many thanks

Sorry that was an error on my part(still a bit groggy:-) i have posted the response as below but not directly to your question. I believe wanaj0 suggested Diamond bank is a good bet going forward at least i like the idea of  foreign capital injection from Actis private equity so that will increase capacity and can only add an upside. I have not analysed the stats but they sure have impresive results if you are interested i can oblige you at no cost to you at all

Dont know about Okomu oil though
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2007
[/quote][quote author=wanaj0 link=topic=52566.msg1634673#msg1634673 date=1193816130]
If you are not a weather forecaster, be careful with Okomu Oil and Presco!!!!!!

Ha ha wanaj0 you must have read my mind! How did you do that?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by osazeet(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2007
AYO, pls will fidality bank consolidation affect my stock when they eventually lift up their i p o technical suspension? i bought from the secondary market anyway, hoping to selll immediately their suspension, if i wait alittle for their share consolidation, don,t u think i will be affected? if not pls enlighten me about this, i will be glad to hear back from you, thanks for ur info and remain blessed. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply)

MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.