Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79937 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2007
RoughCut:

Ha ha wanaj0 you must have read my mind! How did you do that?

My brother, you are talking about a sector where the Full PAT can be like a quarter of the 9 month figure just because of weather related issues!

Ask IBTC how they got their fingers burnt with Presco? They now sit on the board as if that was part of their core activity!!!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by KDK(m): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ wanaj0 ,
u guys are killing me. My belle dey pain me sef.  IBTC  (Hehehehehe).

Seriuosly, i just bought NAHCO, was it wise?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2007
@Allwell
If you are looking for where to invest look thru the last 5 pages of this thread and i'm sure you will have nothing less than at least a shortlist of 5 solid stocks you can plough your money into
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2007
thanks roughcut.
Nigerian german looks interesting. guys is it now too expensive though?
ALso any info on AIICO
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2007
ROUGHCUT COULD YOU OBLIGE ME AS U SAID WITH THE INFO ON DIAMOND BANK PLS
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 7:28am On Nov 01, 2007
aktopgun:

ROUGHCUT COULD YOU OBLIGE ME AS You SAID WITH THE INFO ON DIAMOND BANK PLS

Yeah will get some stats for you as soon as i lay my hands on them
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gidij(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2007
Wanajo, RoughCut, Pumping and all regular contributors, thanks for your honest opinions. Just to let you know that I am addicted to this forum because of your efforts, and it give me great sense of pride and fulfilment to know that this "product" is made in Nigeria, by Nigerians, and can hold its own against any forum anywhere on the world wide web, if judged on quality information, impacts on lives, and number of users. I respect your insight, level headeness, and sincerity. I am not a stock analyst, so I sit back and read, and read, and reread, then make up my mind.

Thanks for the education.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2007
Hi Guys,took a look @ oceanic bank's results and it looks attractive.D'you guys see it hitting 45 naira in three months time?Again I'll like to know if vitafoam is fertile ground
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2007
[I told my friends about COSTAIN since Aug esp folks no wan listen, and thought I was crazy for it taking 50% of my portfolio and straight mad when I started aiming for 75%.
I will buy at the N10 price for rights offer, but even the N13 is awesome for those interested. I will also be selling during the bullish run post release of the cap
I knew in Aug/sep speculation was that this would happen in Nov, but then wasnt sure if they'd wait till Dec

]

Just let me know when the P.O is out
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 10:04am On Nov 01, 2007
[I told my friends about COSTAIN since Aug esp folks no wan listen, and thought I was crazy for it taking 50% of my portfolio and straight mad when I started aiming for 75%.
I will buy at the N10  price for rights offer, but even the N13 is awesome for those interested. I will also be selling during the bullish run post release of the cap  
I knew in Aug/sep speculation was that this would happen in Nov, but then wasnt sure if they'd wait till Dec

]

Just let me know when the P.O is out
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2007
I think the afribank P.O @ 25 bucks is too expensive.Are my wrong?how good are their fundamentals?answers needed ASAP pls
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by pumping777(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2007
rasputinn:

Hi Guys,took a look @ oceanic bank's results and it looks attractive.D'you guys see it hitting 45 naira in three months time?Again I'll like to know if vitafoam is fertile ground

Can anyone share Oceanic's resuts.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tonyjon(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2007
rasputinn:

I think the afribank P.O @ 25 bucks is too expensive.Are my wrong?how good are their fundamentals?answers needed ASAP please
[/quote

rasputinn,

I think you are right. The P.O @ #25 is very expensive. Even the way their share price rose on the floor of NSE within the last 6 months is somehow suspicious, I will not want to say that they intentionally WHIPPED UP their share price in preparation for the P.O. But all the same, I think it's a good buy for those who can wait for sometime before they reap their gain.

Peace.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2007
Someone mentioned earlier on the other thread that Zenith bank is the master in managing the dynamics of share prices and investor expectations. Click http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3122

The shares have been placed on technical suspension in anticipation of raising a total of N150B from the capital market via rights and public issues just a day after releasing impressive 1st quarter results(WEMA bank will need to learn a few lessons here from the masterit's the dreaded WEMA again
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2007
RoughCut:

Someone mentioned earlier on the other thread that Zenith bank is the master in managing the dynamics of share prices and investor expectations. Click http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3122

The shares have been placed on technical suspension in anticipation of raising a total of N150B from the capital market via rights and public issues just a day after releasing impressive 1st quarter results(WEMA bank will need to learn a few lessons here from the masterit's the dreaded WEMA again

Nice one, Nice one! They caught me off-guard. Only N150B over 4B new shares? After the shareholders approved 5B new shares? 5 divided by 4 is 125%. They already made provision for the 25% oversubscription they are allowed to absorb without wahala. They are indeed the masters!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2007
easimoni:

Nice one, Nice one! They caught me off-guard. Only N150B over 4B new shares? After the shareholders approved 5B new shares? 5 divided by 4 is 125%. They already made provision for the 25% oversubscription they are allowed to absorb without wahala. They are indeed the masters!

That's the way to do it!

So i guess it's time to cash out when the share price is smelling N50 or higher and then re-enter by taking up my rights issue
Thanks to Jim Ovia and his strategists
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2007
RoughCut:

That's the way to do it!

So i guess it's time to cash out when the share price is smelling N50 or higher and then re-enter by taking up my rights issue
Thanks to Jim Ovia and his strategists

Went on technical suspension today so no show for you!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2007
wanaj0:

Went on technical suspension today so no show for you!!
Yes you are right but there are ways around these things. I will take up my rights and just have to wait it out till when it comes off TS and cash in on the post-suspension bull run even works out better just need to have the patience of a vulture.

I would have used the proceeds from the anticipated profitnot counting my chickens before they are hatched honestly just staying ahead of the game to finance the take-up of my rights issue

I must admit they caught me off-guard though
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Panadol(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2007
When is Diamond Bank coming out?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2007
[Nice one, Nice one! They caught me off-guard. Only N150B over 4B new shares? After the shareholders approved 5B new shares? 5 divided by 4 is 125%. They already made provision for the 25% oversubscription they are allowed to absorb without wahala. They are indeed the masters!]

When  is Zenith's P.O coming out
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2007
hey guys check out first bank's half year results, interesting no?

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC UNAUDITED HALF YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2007

2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b N'b

Gross earnings 65.646 40.422 25.224 62.40

pbt 19.042 13.174 5.868 44.54

taxation 3.999 -2.944 -1.055 -35.84

pbt 15.043 10.230 4.813 47.05

ANY TAKERS FOR THIS ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2007
SORRY THE LAST LINE OF FIRST BANK'S RESULTS SHOULD READ PAT not pbt
so sorry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mee25(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
aktopgun:

hey guys check out first bank's half year results, interesting no?

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC UNAUDITED HALF YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2007

2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b N'b

Gross earnings 65.646 40.422 25.224 62.40

pbt 19.042 13.174 5.868 44.54

taxation 3.999 -2.944 -1.055 -35.84

pbt 15.043 10.230 4.813 47.05

ANY TAKERS FOR THIS ?

The result is pointing towards a positive direction of achieving the Projected 2007 FY PAT of N18.373. If same level of earnings are maitained for the 2nd quarter of the year, FBN can return a FY PAT of over N30bn for the year 2007, on a pro rata basis, all things being equal.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2007
yeah but really what will this do for the share price and really how much can it do
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mee25(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2007
aktopgun:

yeah but really what will this do for the share price and really how much can it do

Well, we have to wait for the PO allotment. What FBN decides to do with the issue of the over subscription can make good or mar the price of the share. Very soon the cat must be let out of the bag.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
do u know how long ago their PO ended mee?
i cant remeber and are u saying they still haven't alloted them?
thats odd and kinda unbelievable no?
will it mean a dilution ie more mouths to feed so to speak do u think
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mee25(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2007
The PO ended on the 5th of July i guess, and to date the shares are not allotted. Those who bought are the eagerly waiting for a piece of action. Serious dilution, by the time the shares are listed.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2007
any idea mee25 what their outstandins share are and will be after this allotment?
this means EPS drops and PE rises
Possibly making the stock price to do a woopsy in short to medium term?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by alliednetw(m): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2007
Wondering how long Union Bank want to hold on to the result we have been waiting for.
I understand CBN insist they write off all goodwill.
Are we expecting any WEMA kind of treatment from these guys?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2007
GURUS AND ALL THE GUYS IN THE HOUSE

BEEN LOOKING AT CUTIX

I KNOW, U ALL PROBABLY SAID, WHO?
CUTIX !!
IT REALLY LOOKS INTERESTING ON THE FACE OF IT AND EARNING ARE GOING UP
ANYONE GOT ANY MORE INFO OR IDEAS
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT U ALL THINK
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2007
aktopgun:

GURUS AND ALL THE GUYS IN THE HOUSE

BEEN LOOKING AT CUTIX

I KNOW, You ALL PROBABLY SAID, WHO?
CUTIX !!
IT REALLY LOOKS INTERESTING ON THE FACE OF IT AND EARNING ARE GOING UP
ANYONE GOT ANY MORE INFO OR IDEAS
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT You ALL THINK

Yaa i remember talking about this stock on this or the other thread a while i think in my estimation its a bit late now to enter the fray i think the share price jumped from  N5 to N23 between May and now so not sure if there's any more room to manoeuvre  see this------>[url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=52566.msg1578447#msg1578447
[/url]
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2007
thanks roughcut
yeah, they have recently done a 1:1 share reconstuction and are now trading just over 8 naira
recently posted a pat \for year ending april 2007 and is on my stock watchlist
may be worth buying into it noe even or what do you think
seems like they've managed to increase profits steadily over the years
it is a seriously overlooked stock i think cuz it is traded in the 2nd tier market
see this report man:

For investors and shareholders of Cutix Nigeria plc, the sterling performance of the company's shares at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in recent times has been deligh.
Ever since the company declared one for one bonus and 12 kobo dividend, its share price has rallied to a high of N22.91 kobo per share as at Thursday September 13, 2007, as more investors seek to be part owners of the Nnewi based Cable Company.

The story of Cutix Nigeria plc is an example of how an indigenous company can grow if given the right incentive and environment to operate. Faced with a lot of difficulties in its area of business, Cutix Nigeria rose above all odds and posted an outstanding performance for its financial year ended April 30, 2007 to the admiration of investors and stakeholders.

To celebrate its arrival the company magnanimously declared one for one bonus alongside 12 kobo dividend for its financial year ended April 30, 2007.

Cutix in its recent financial year recorded profit after tax of N121.7-million representing 124 percent rise when compared with N54.32-million recorded in the same period of 2006. Also during the period, turnover rose to N1.1-billion as against N714.2-million recorded in the comparable period of 2006.

For investors who don't know the price history of Cutix, the company is quoted in the second tier sub-sector of the equities market of the NSE; it has been the most active in the stagnant sub-sector. Its share price has grown by over 538 percent from a low of N3.42 kobo per share to a high of N21.82 kobo per share between January and September 2007. Apart from that, shareholders of the company have been made to enjoy steady income through cash dividend payout.

In the past five year the company has not failed to pay dividend to shareholders as at when due. In 2006, it paid 10 kobo dividend from earnings per share of 40 kobo, in 2005, it paid shareholders 10 kobo dividend from earnings per share of 18 kobo.

In 2004, Cutix paid shareholder 10 kobo dividend from earnings per share of 20 kobo, while in 2003, a dividend of 10 kobo was also paid from earnings per share of 17 kobo.

Cutix Nigeria plc manufactures electrical cables, and was incorporated in 1982 and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on August 12, 1987

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.