Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,481 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses (24701 Views)

The 144,000 - Overcomers / Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Barristter07: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2019
Janosky:

mightysparrow has made 3 false allegations without any concrete proof.
Pls keep the LIES coming....

There is no reason to take that one serious . the evidence is right here on this thread, he still has a long way to go

3 Likes

Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2019
Janosky:

But ,JuanDe LIAR won't admit he's held hostage to his own biases.

Did Jesus and his disciples preach from house to house?
" After this, Jesus travelled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him" Luke8:1

** "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town" Matt10:14.

So, if the house owner welcomed Jesus disciples into his home (vs11,12), so, them go they yarn about business & profit sharing formula until Jesus disciples leave the house ?

** Acts 5:42
"Day after day, in the temple and from house to house, they never stopped preaching...."
JuanDeLiar, what was Jesus disciples doing in Acts5:42?

2)****
Rev19:1 the great multitude there are angels , in fact ,myriads of angels praising Jehovah Rev5:11. Job38:7 sheds more light).

** Rev7:15( "they are before the throne of God and serve him in his temple day and night, he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them"wink
you quote out of context
I) this great crowd are NOT sitting on any throne ( throne reserved for 144,000 co-rulers with Jesus ,Rev5:9,10).

**ii) Jehovah has no temple for his worship in heaven, Rev21:22.

***iii) his tent will spread over mankind, earthly subjects of God's kingdom ,as in their enjoying his promised blessings Rev21:1-5 , has anyone ever died, fell sick, cried in heaven? No. Na earth eee go dey happen. It's for earthly subjects of God's kingdom.
Note: Jerusalem was seat of God's throne ( 1 chro28:5. 29:23) thy kingdom come to earth (Matt6:10),that's the new Jerusalem bringing blessings to all righteous mankind on earth.

*** Rev11:19 off point. So you mean say earthquake and hailstorm etc dey happen where God dey? Lol.
JuanDeDios:

JuanDeDios:
– the vast majority of people don’t
care about facts or logic, they’re held
hostage by their emotions and only
care about their own biases.
I’ve already shown above that
Witnesses don’t’ know what Jesus
said about house to house preaching.
Let me give you another example of
their cluelessness – 144,000 and heaven" [quote author=JuanDeDios post]

Above is the claim you made which my post addressed .
I made it clear that your biases coloured your view of Jesus house to house preaching injunction which his disciples carried out or you wanna twist Acts 5:42?
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by johnw47: 12:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Barristter07:

Where exactly is the Lie in what I posted to you?

lie lie™ barrister

lie lie™ is your trade mark, oh duh duh

such a confused post and editing, from such a confused false jw, of course

Barristter07:
You need to be careful next time before diving into matters you know nothing about.

^^^ see why lie lie™ is your trade mark smiley

and yet you agreed with me on the things i said oh confused one, (my post quoted again below)
point out the things i know nothing about, oh puffed up false jw

and regarding your post on ecc 12:7, forget about your previous question mark excuse,
some people also use question marks for: do you agree

your post was saying that ecc 12:7 is about the Holy spirit
and the post you were replying to did not even mention ecc 12:7
but was in a earlier post not even on the same page

Barristter07:
If you agree he was mistaken, answer my first question.

Besides, Good morning

did you ask me a question that i didn't answer, well i'm not a reader of confused minds, so ask me it again, oh so duh one, laughs

johnw47:

laughing at your: "not everyone is silly" _and_ "your own knowledge is still far below"

why would the Holy Spirit be given to a person when he comes to believe,
if the person already has the Holy Spirit. the ecc verse is talking about the human spirit that returns to God at death:
Ecc 12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

the Holy Spirit is different from the human spirit:
Rom_8:16  The Spirit(Holy) itself beareth witness with our spirit(human), that we are the children of God
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Amakavula:

JW has been wrong before, infact they have always been wrong ( go read their predictions of Jesus coming, laughable ) so this is just another wrong prediction.

They have always been getting it wrong and yet they claim to be the only prophetic voice of Jehovah. undecided
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
Uchenaija:

Op, do you have a problem with that?

Heaven is your home, you come dey here.

If una spoil this earth they'll carry una go heaven for what? To spoil that place too abi? embarassed

Are you aware the heavenly creatures don't drink, eat, or enjoy all the worldly things you enjoy?

Na cry you go use run away from that heaven sef..

You want to see your father...near sun first so you'd know the energy that emanates from God.

Ordinary 5mins daily prayer dey tire you, you wan go do 24hrs worship and praise for heaven

Do you take the Lord's Supper? undecided
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
HumanHairLovers:

Jesus apostles were wrong many times

What matters is that they admit they were wrong.

The prediction you're talking about was not wrong anyway. Go make your findings.

Does your church ever admit they're wrong?

The light of the righteous keeps getting brighter and brighter, says the Holy Book

The righteous would stumble even 7 times and still stand up, says the word of God

Do you know what would have happened to your GB folks in the OT days? Thank God for His mercies. undecided
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Janosky:

Thank you very much !
"low childish puffed up apostate sense" indeed.
I'm very sure that "JuanDeDios" is "illbliss" and "Hairyrapunzel" , the same person using 3 different monikers.
The Gubernatorial candidate of Yaba/Uselu kolomental State.
What a rabid apostate !
He has consistently and deviously misquoted Acts20:20 to promote his satanic disdain for the preaching of the good news preached and commanded by Jesus Christ. (Luke8:1. Mark1:14,15. Acts8:12. Matt 24:14)

You can't even defend your organisation. You had to resort to cursing people. E be like say you get skoin skoin.
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2019
HumanHairLovers:

Jesus apostles were wrong many times

What matters is that they admit they were wrong.

The prediction you're talking about was not wrong anyway. Go make your findings.

Does your church ever admit they're wrong?

The light of the righteous keeps getting brighter and brighter, says the Holy Book

The righteous would stumble even 7 times and still stand up, says the word of God
Quote bible verses and don't quote out of context. You have to lie to defend the lies your organisation tells.
The light of the righteous ke? Is it literal light or symbolic light?
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 2:01am On Jul 31, 2019
ifyblinksss:

U talk like a spiritual child
Now reason... Wen Revelation talked about d bride of d Lamb was it referring to a literal woman?

When it mentioned a harlot was it referring to a literal woman

Now it's mentioning a woman... Is it referring to literal women

Mk research before u mislead yourself

So since bride and harlot are not literal (it's the literal one sha) to you that means virgin isn't literal right? 144000 has to be figurative since nothing is literal

1 Like

Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What does the Bible say?

The Communion supper is for the body of Christ--for the believers. The bread and the wine represent the body and the blood of Christ that was sacrificed for the believer so the believer could have redemption of his sins. Therefore, Communion is only for those people who have trusted in Christ's sacrifice. Communion is not for those who are not covered by Christ's sacrifice. This is significant since the great majority of the Witnesses do not take communion.

Paul the apostle said that the bread is a sharing in the body of Christ--that there is only one body of Christ (the church) of which we all partake. Within the Christian Church, there is no limitation on the who takes the Lord's supper.

• "Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ? 17Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread. 18Look at the nation Israel; are not those who eat the sacrifices sharers in the altar?" (1 Cor. 10:16-18, NASB).
• And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight." (Acts 20:7, NASB).

There is no mention of limiting communion to anyone except that they examine themselves and rightly discern that the elements represent Christ's sacrifice and not a mere meal to satisfy hunger.

• "But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself, if he does not judge the body rightly." (1 Cor. 11:28-29, NASB).

No place in the Bible is communion restricted to only the 144,000--as the Witnesses teach. This is a fabrication of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses do not take communion is a demonstration that they are not in the body of Christ and do not have a covenant relationship with Christ. The Lord's Supper is meant for the body of believers in the true and living God who have been redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord's Supper is not for those who are outside the camp of Christ. Since the great majority of the Jehovah's Witnesses do not take communion, this is a testimony against them.

According to your ideology, John 6:53,54 is a reference to communion, let me test your IQ

Can someone have everlasting life if they do not eat the communion ?
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
Barristter07:

Emphasis on " First fruits "

Are the apostles First fruits of God ?

grin grin
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Before I answer your question, first of all tell me if your JW fakers claiming to be among the 144,000 today are virgins.

grin grin grin answer him, Are the apostles first fruits or not ? Let's see if they are not part of the 144,000 . U see your life
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Exodus 1 (KJV)
1 Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.
2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,
3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,
4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.

Revelations 7:4-8
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand

First, it’s important to note that there are 13 named tribes in Israel, not twelve. Jacob bore twelve sons, but later Jacob adopted Joseph’s two sons in place of Joseph after moving to Egypt. Thereafter, the sons of Jacob were:

Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Zebulun, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Ephraim, Manasseh, and Benjamin

Secondly, there are at least 19 lists of Jacob's sons given in the Old Testament: Gen. 35:22-26; 46:8-25; 49:3-27; Exod. 1:2-5; Num. 1:5-15; 2:3-31; 13:4-15; 26:4-51; 34:19-28; Deut. 27:12-13; 33:6-25; Josh. 13:7-22; Judg. 5:12-18; 1 Chron. 2:1-8:40; 12:24-37; 27:16-22; Ezek. 48:1-7, 23-28, 31-34

Reviewing these lists, we usually find all thirteen tribes included though sometimes a tribe is left out (usually Levi). For example, in Numbers 1, 2, 13, and 26, the tribe of Levi is left out. In other cases, Joseph’s two sons, Ephraim, and Manasseh are combined under just the name Joseph.

Are you saying the 144,000 are natural isrealites ? grin
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You people are heretics damning people to hell
Which hell? The same one Jesus said people go with their body ? grin grin
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

According to your ideology, John 6:53,54 is a reference to communion, let me test your IQ

Can someone have everlasting life if they do not eat the communion ?

If you have everlasting life you will obey the Lord's command to partake in the physical communion. What Jesus was referring to in the verse you quoted there was about partaking of Him spiritually which is more real than a physical partaking. The physical partaking is a sign that you have partaken of the Lord spiritually.
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
MightySparrow:
You are still what I call you, forget about self defense, buy three or four versions of the Bible, don't use a concordance,. be honest, Eccl. 12: 7 is just one
of the scriptures about spirit / The Holy Spirit.
You mentioned pastorpreneur, that is the way you see it. You are a follower of a pastor an interpreter as any of the scriptures. You may want to deny it, but you are. If others can be wrong, so are your leaders. But the scriptures are open to anyone to read and understand. If the current church I attend is not making sense to me by my own search and research of over 30 years I will quit. Although, knowledge starts with indoctrination, then, personal findings. I am not a member of Deeper Life, my denomination not necessary. I read anything to stay in the middle of the road, I read the Bible more . I am currently studying two books written by C. T. Russell himself and have been doing that for over 30 years. He is just another interpreter like any other. In my search, the idea of 1914 celebrated by JW was not originally his. He too was a repeater of other people's ideas. Bro. get down to work! Shalom.

What !!! grin grin grin everyone has holy spirit then ? See them oooo ,

Did I just read that ? grin
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Can you point out what is false about the expose on JW theology? undecided

I think I did that

1. Prove that Jesus statement at John 6:53,54 is a reference to communion

2. That the 144,000 are natural isreals .

Those two claims are false .
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
Barristter07:

Not everyone is silly okay.

Eccl 12:7 says this spirit is present in every one. And it returns to God. So everyone has holy spirit ?

I wonder how you claim to be able to instruct when your own knowledge is still far below

Punch grin
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

If you have everlasting life you will obey the Lord's command to partake in the physical communion. What Jesus was referring to in the verse you quoted there was about partaking of Him spiritually which is more real than a physical partaking. The physical partaking is a sign that you have partaken of the Lord spiritually.

Good, you agree it has nothing to do with literal partaking, Like your silly copy and paste claims . Everything else you wrote is nonsense
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

Good, you agree it has nothing to do with literal partaking, Like your silly copy and paste claims . Everything else you wrote is nonsense

"Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with Me"◄ John 13:8 ►

Not so fast. I did not say it has nothing to do with literal partaking if you understand English. What I said was that the spiritual partaking leads to the physical partaking and since you and your JWs gang do not partake in Christ spiritually you have no reason to partake of the physical Lord's Supper because you have no part with Christ.
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

"Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with Me"◄ John 13:8 ►

Stop twisting the scriptures , it leads to destruction ... It says nothing about communion, Jesus was washing their feet

Not so fast. I did not say it has nothing to do with literal partaking if you understand English. What I said was that the spiritual partaking leads to the physical partaking and since you and your JWs gang do not partake in Christ spiritually you have no reason to partake of the physical Lord's Supper because you have no part with Christ.

So why didn't that Thief on Jesus side partake before Jesus Promise him Paradise ? That means the man didn't partake of Christ spiritually and yet gain everlasting life ?

Come and tell another lie . Waiting for you
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

What !!! grin grin grin everyone has holy spirit then ? See them oooo ,

Did I just read that ? grin

Only your governing body has the right to have Holy Spirit in them
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

Stop twisting the scriptures , it leads to destruction ... It says nothing about communion, Jesus was washing their feet

Twisting the scriptures is the JWs fort. I knew you wouldn't be able to see the correlation with communion because you are as blind as a bat.

What our Lord Jesus meant that without the washing of their feet there can be no fellowship with Him. This was the Passover Feast which speaks of His resurrection and ascension to heaven. The Passover is now known as the Lord's Supper and If you don't partake in the Lord's Supper as He has commanded His followers to do you have no part with Christ.

CAPTIVATOR:

So why didn't that Thief on Jesus side partake before Jesus Promise him Paradise ? That means the man didn't partake of Christ spiritually and yet gain everlasting life ?

The thief on His right did partake of Christ spiritually and if he would have taken part of the Lord's Supper in obedience if he had the opportunity to but JWs do not partake in this ordinance because you have no part with Christ.

CAPTIVATOR:

Come and tell another lie . Waiting for you

Lying is your fortress but the truth will find you out. You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

I think I did that

1. Prove that Jesus statement at John 6:53,54 is a reference to communion

2. That the 144,000 are natural isreals .

Those two claims are false .

Straw Man fallacy. undecided
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 1:54am On Jan 17, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Twisting the scriptures is the JWs fort. I knew you wouldn't be able to see the correlation with communion because you are as blind as a bat.

What our Lord Jesus meant that without the washing of their feet there can be no fellowship with Him. This was the Passover Feast which speaks of His resurrection and ascension to heaven. The Passover is now known as the Lord's Supper and If you don't partake in the Lord's Supper as He has commanded His followers to do you have no part with Christ.

That very much applies to you, check below to see proof

The thief on His right did partake of Christ spiritually and if he would have taken part of the Lord's Supper in obedience if he had the opportunity to but JWs do not partake in this ordinance because you have no part with Christ.

So do you know you just proved that someone can actually partake of Christ spiritually WITHOUT physical partaking? That's one.

You said earlier " What I said was that the spiritual partaking leads to the physical partaking "

If it leads to physical partaking and the man didn't do that, that NULLIFY your claim that the man partake of Christ spiritually, , he didn't complete the process of partaking Christ spiritually according to Olaadegbu !!! When Jesus said " UNLESS you eat " so don't bring that no opportunity excuse, the word " unless" at John 6:53,54 gives no room for excuses

Except you are ready to agree that partaking spiritually has nothing to do with physical partaking.?

Lying is your fortress but the truth will find you out. You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

Just as your lies on this thread
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 1:55am On Jan 17, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Straw Man fallacy. undecided
Respond nah
Are the 144,000 natural isrealites ?
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 8:12am On Jan 17, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

Respond nah

Yes. Since its only 144000 that will go to heaven so they are natural Israelites from the tribes listed in revelations.
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

That very much applies to you, check below to see proof

So do you know you just proved that someone can actually partake of Christ spiritually WITHOUT physical partaking? That's one.

You said earlier " What I said was that the spiritual partaking leads to the physical partaking "

If it leads to physical partaking and the man didn't do that, that NULLIFY your claim that the man partake of Christ spiritually, , he didn't complete the process of partaking Christ spiritually according to Olaadegbu !!! When Jesus said " UNLESS you eat " so don't bring that no opportunity excuse, the word " unless" at John 6:53,54 gives no room for excuses

Except you are ready to agree that partaking spiritually has nothing to do with physical partaking.?

Just as your lies on this thread

You just want to justify your gb teach that it's only gb (people who said they are part of the 144000 in 1995) that can go to heaven and partake in the wine sharing and bread breaking ( only ones to eat and drink) lol
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

Respond nah

JWs are used to propagating fake news that there will be a caste system of those who will go to heaven which is the reason they've limited it to that number. This is the evidence that you have all been condemned to not going to heaven by these false teaching because you've been indoctrinated that it only the 144, 000 that will make it and you all swallowed that lie hook, line and sinker. undecided
Re: The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses by achorladey: 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
1952 1/15 p. 62 Questions From Readers

"According to the article “Hated for His Name” in the September 1, 1951, Watchtower, hundreds of thousands of Christians died in the “ten persecutions” starting in Nero’s time, 144,000 dying in Egypt alone during one of the persecutions. How can this be harmonized with the Scriptural limitation of 144,000 placed on the number being in Christ’s body, and which position was the only one open to Christians during those centuries?—J.A., Dominican Republic."

Now note the WT following RESPONSE.

"The article did not class with any finality the individuals that died during these persecutions, but spoke of the results in a general way. Note that a key qualification was made in the case referred to in the question: “In the province of Egypt alone, 144,000 such PROFESSED CHRISTIANS died by violence in the course of this persecution, in addition to another 700,000 who died as a result of fatigues encountered in banishment or under enforced public works.” The victims are identified as “PROFESSED CHRISTIANS”, not CHRISTIANS in fact. Many of those persons might have been caught in the wave of persecution, but may never have actually preached the truth or followed in Jesus’ footsteps, being only professed Christians. They knew the world they lived in was rotten and they were listening to the message of the Christians and willing to die for it even though not in line for the high calling in Christ Jesus. Many PROFESSED CHRISTIANS today might be willing to die for their faith, but still not be Jesus’ footstep followers and meeting the Scriptural requirements for such."

What made the RESPONSE more INTERESTING was the WRITER must have FORGOT he USED "STEADFAST" in the SAME article

Noted MEMBERS of the Christian church like Polycarp and Justin went STEADFASTLY into DEATH. Added horrors like the red-hot torture chairs failed to destroy the Christian faith.

The fifth persecution was largely a local affair, breaking out spasmodically in various parts of the empire where existing laws against the CHRISTIANS were irregularly enforced. The emperor, Severus, invoked no new mischief by law, evidently due to his affection for the Christian doctor who had cured him of a dangerous ailment.

A.D. 235 the sixth oppression fell upon the CHRISTIANS during the reign of Emperor Maximinus. This time NUMBERLESS CHRISTIAN victims were slain without any trial whatsoever and their bodies were often piled in heaps without so much as a decent burial. It is said that this persecution stemmed from Maximinus’ great hatred for his predecessor, Alexander, who had sheltered the CHRISTIANS. Under Decius, A.D. 249, the seventh persecution was inaugurated. This assault spread throughout the empire, spared neither age nor sex, and contrived to introduce torture unique to all that had gone before it.

Questions to ponder......ARE JWS STILL COUNTING 144,000?

Isn't that insulting to those who made the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE for staying true to their CHRISTIAN BELIEFS? I mean how does the WTS know these were NOT REAL CHRISTIANS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire 70 Days Fasting And Prayer 2017 / Enoch Adeboye Pictured With Ban Ki-moon / Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.