Stats: 3,176,579 members, 7,898,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ (921 Views)

EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / Boko Haram Claim Responsibility For Abuja Bombing - BREAKING NEWS (2) (3) (4)

Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by omamokta: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
> SSS, NIA, Interpol involved in investigation

A senior security operative told journalists in Abuja yesterday that the security team investigating the bomb blasts that claimed 16 innocent lives in Abuja on October 1 has downloaded 700 pages of telephone conversations-text messages and voices - which were being investigated.

He also said the director-general of the Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Raymond Dopkesi, an ex-governor in the Niger Delta region, and others have cases to answer. He warned against politicisation of the issue.

The senior security official, who spoke with some selected journalists in Abuja yesterday, said Dopkesi’s attempt to politicise the issue would not fly because all security agencies within and outside the country like the State Security Service (SSS), the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), the Interpol and others were deeply involved in the investigation of the matter.

The chairman of Daar Communications Limited, owner of Africa Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM, had told journalists on Saturday that he never participated in the bomb blasts and had no link whatsoever with the suspects. He said his arrest was politically motivated and designed to slow down the IBB campaign activities.

But according to the security officer who did not want his name in print, “The issue of terrorism is a global matter; you are aware of the UN Security Council’s position - directing all member nations to be part of the investigation. The bomb blasts on October 1 in Abuja were clear cases of terrorism; therefore, all security agencies like the SSS, the NIA, the Interpol and other international agencies are deeply involved in the investigation of the incident.”

The security officer who is also part of the investigating team said, so far, all telephone conversations-both text messages and voice among all the suspects including Dopkesi and a former governor in the Niger Delta running into 700 pages have been downloaded and were being investigated.

He added, “Dopkesi’s interview with journalists weekend is uncalled for; his game is to pre-empt the outcome of the investigation; but we will resist all attempts by anybody or group of persons to politicise the matter; all stakeholders are only interested in a thorough investigation of the terrorism acts. In our investigation so far, Dopkesi, an ex-governor in the Niger Delta region and others have cases to answer.

“Assuming, according to Dopkesi, that the presidency is after him; will the Interpol and the international community allow themselves to be used for political agenda? In any case, his interview with journalists was full of contradictions. For example, he said he had never had any dealing with one of the suspects but he confessed meeting the person for the first time and giving him N4 million for accommodation.

“If he is innocent as he claimed, let him wait for the outcome of the investigation; the SSS granted him bail because it wanted to avoid politicisation of the issue; the SSS has a court order to detain all the suspects and with the way things are going it may have to review its case because the comfort of one man is not more important than the lives of 16 persons who were killed in the bomb blasts while others were maimed.”

The source said the debris in the place of the incident have been cleared and samples taken abroad for analysis, saying the “thorough investigation of the matter” would be concluded in a matter of days.

Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday spurned allegations made by Dokpesi that he was being hounded because he refused to head the president’s campaign organisation.

Nothing, according to the President, could be farther with the truth. In statement issued by his campaign organisation, it said at no time was Dokpesi considered for such a position. He added that the Chairman of DAAR Communications “never made it to anybody’s short list or long list.”
http://www.leadershipnigeri.com
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by omamokta: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yeye dey smell. Nigerian govt should allow the security agencies finish their investigation, thank God its not only Nigerian security operatives that are carrying out the investigation. There is Interpol and others which i know the government can't influence. Chief Dokpesi should stop granting interviews cos they are heating up the polity, if he is clean as he is claiming, the international security agents wont allow him suffer for what he has not done.
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by Olaolufred(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2010
@ Omamokta,

I beleive in Investigation and truth.

Many have turned this issue to complete politics.

However, If all evidences shows Dokpesi Innocent, then he is declared innocent.

But if all evidences prooved him culpable, not any of the politics arround this case will hold water.

I said before that all pro-GEJ and Pro-IBB should wait.

Whatever IBB, Dokpesi or Okah say can not be deemed to be the absolute truth.

Only Investigation will revealed the real truth, not claims and counter-claims going on locally and Internationally.

I said it before, that time will tell.

Let us patiently wait for that time.
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by icare1: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2010
if u have 700 messages and you are still studying for 10 days, so what are you doing with the messages only to arrive at 3 disjointed suggestive messages.

sure how to manipulate and decode the messages to fit in to malice, i do not understand how messages can be studied like a situation.
for God,s sake text messages are written words, it is either  the bombings is connected to the words or not , there is nothing to study.

all jonathan has to do now is to monitor dokpesi private affair in the name of bombings.non of the suspect has mentioned this man's name except for the 3 text read out by NTA.which sss could not follow up with a charge in court.

oh please, who is deceiving who jonathan should admit it MEND is responsible for the bombings.

i do not believe dokpesi is responsible for the bombings.
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by TeskyMan(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2010
i care:

if u have 700 messages and you are still studying for 10 days, so what are you doing with the messages only to arrive at 3 disjointed suggestive messages.

sure how to manipulate and decode the messages to fit in to malice, i do not understand how messages can be studied like a situation.
for God,s sake text messages are written words, it is either  the bombings is connected to the words or not , there is nothing to study.

all jonathan has to do now is to monitor dokpesi private affair in the name of bombings.non of the suspect has mentioned this man's name except for the 3 text read out by NTA.which sss could not follow up with a charge in court.

oh please, who is deceiving who jonathan should admit it MEND is responsible for the bombings.

Your opinion I guess. This does not matter in this investigation. Text messages cane be coded and therefore takes time to be decoded. Lets allow the investigation to be concluded before we start pointing accusing fingers. Whoever is behind it, one thing i know for sure is that, they will not go UNPUNISHED.
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by Beaf: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2010
If a top security man calls a press conference to say Dokpesi has a case to answer, then indeed, Dokpesi has a case to answer. I don't understand how some people are mean enough to turn the blood of the innocent, spilt at the Independence Bomb Blasts, into a political football.
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
TeskyMan:

Your opinion I guess. This does not matter in this investigation. Text messages cane be coded and therefore takes time to be decoded. Lets allow the investigation to be concluded before we start pointing accusing fingers. Whoever is behind it, one thing i know for sure is that, they will not go UNPUNISHED.

You mean UNPUNISHED(paid monthly stipends and rewarded) in much the same way members of MEND has for all the kidnappings, killings and vandalism it has committed against the Nigerian people for years?
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
Lets not politicize the matter and wait for the outcome of the investigations. If he is innocent, he can defend himself in the court of law.

i care:

for God,s sake text messages are written words, it is either the bombings is connected to the words or not , there is nothing to study.

In carrying out investigations, time has to be taken to ensure all facts and evidences point in the same direction. Investigators question and re-question evidences before jumping into hasty conclusions
Re: Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’ by DisGuy: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
he is answering the case now abi

No be we do am again?

Nigerian Involved In Marriage Scam In The Uk / Pastor Tunde Bakare On Islam / Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State