Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,410 members, 7,891,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. (3413 Views)

70 Years After: Nagasaki And Hiroshima Attack.(photos). / Putting Lagos State In The Shoes Of Hiroshima And Nagasaki. / Japan Marks Nagasaki Anniversary US Atomic Bomb1945 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 5:26am On Oct 22, 2010
USA dropped atomic bombs on the villages of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki.

In both cities, most of the dead were civilians.

The bombers.

Yet America sees every other country as terrorists and forgot their own actions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by chyz(m): 5:37am On Oct 22, 2010
We know the US government is bad. Every government is bad.Lets not concern ourselves with Japan. Lets concern ourselves of what they are doing that effects us as Africans. Don't come on here down talking the US because of the thread that was put up the other day. One thing the US has over nigeria out of a million other things is "Care for its country". Lets focus on Africa or more specifically Nigeria.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by tpiah: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2010
war is hell.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by chyz(m): 5:44am On Oct 22, 2010
tpiah:

war is hell.

True but in order to get to heaven one must go through hell.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2010
What does the pix have to do with anything?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by chyz(m): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What does the pix have to do with anything?

He/She hates white people. The US army to her = Evil white men. Also the outfits they are wearing plus the word "GAY" written above them on the plain speaks for itself. Just my observation. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2010
chyz:

He/She hates white people. The US army to her = Evil white men. Also the outfits they are wearing plus the word "GAY" written above them on the plain speaks for itself. Just my observation. lipsrsealed
Explains his posts on the GOODBYE AMERICA, WELCOME NIGERIA thread undecided
It's a He. Check his first posts on NL, no woman can talk like that grin grin
He's even worst than tpiah.
And HE's not Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by chyz(m): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Explains his posts on the GOODBYE AMERICA, WELCOME NIGERIA thread undecided
It's a He. Check his first posts on NL, no woman can talk like that grin grin
He's even worst than tpiah.
And HE's not Nigerian. 

I thought as much. and Whoa to the first comments shocked. Maybe us NL Boys can teach him how t toast babez cool. Maybe then he'll have a life. And as for tpiah, she's a sweetheart, she just puts on a front sometimes. wink
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 22, 2010
The last time I was toasted, I was called an akwuna-akwuna. What a life!
I loff tpiah, but her tongue is poisonously comical wink
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by chyz(m): 6:26am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

The last time I was toasted, I was called an akwuna-akwuna. What a life!
I loff tpiah, but her tongue is poisonously comical wink

No be big tin, pain is love.to today be rainy tomorrow sunshine and tweety birds. smiley
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2010
I thought Nigerian Americans are smart.

The picture, if you know your history very well, is the picture of the crew who manned the aircraft behind themm and they were the one that dropped the bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki.

How idiotic, stu.pid and imbecilic can someone be to conclude that the picture was or is put there to spite the white and gay people?

and how rotten and childish someone can be to insinuate that thie topic was started because of another thread or because of the arguments on God Bless America Topic or whatever?

and what has any topic got to do with the gender of the person that started it?

Some matters are beyond your brains so i guess this is one of them, go back to your thread where you preach love America/hate Nigeria, if you dont understand anything here, then go wipe your butt hole with olive oil. Schmucks.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2010
just a little history

the two bombs were dropped were named little boy and fat man

the enola gay, if i remember correctly is the name of the pilot's mother , and was pained on the bomber they used

anyway, it was war

in the end ALL PARTIES WERE GUILTY OF WHAT COULD BE CLASSIFIED AS WAR CRIMES

the Japanese are still hated by the rest of asia to this very day - rap-e of nanking, korean comfort women

the germans and th concentration camps

the brits who , when it was clear Germany had been defeated commenced a punishment bombing campaign - prolly as retaliation for the blitz

the americans, who dropped a second bomb after the first

1 Like

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2010
@poster
any non white are considered worthless in the history of man. look at how everyone talks about the jews holocaust (6million died) YET the holocaust of Africans during JOHN CECIL RHODES time in Southern Africa is not even mentioned anywhere, although close to 50MILLIONS Africans died there.

can you imagine that there is a University named after this "son of thousand whores"!?!?!?
what Hitler did to jews was NOTHING compared to what Rhodes did to blacks, yet, when was the last time you heard of the black holocaust?!

dont even get me started on the native american holocaust. . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by stiyke(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
@poster,
Your comparison is weak, read the meaning of war ,

@oyb,

The americans dropped the second bomb to save the thousands of american lives invasion of main land Japan would have caused. Besides the japs and the yankees were in a race on who would produce the BOMB first. when the yankees dropped the first bomb, the japs thought that the americans were able to develop just one of the BOMB. When they dropped the second on same day, the Japs surrendered totally and unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^

My comparison is weak?

because the people killed in Japan were goats not Americans, i agree with you sha. Human beings only live in America, goats and animals occupy the other countries.

You are saying it is worth not to remember an even that killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki?

Which comparison is he even talking about?

This is what i wrote

""""USA dropped atomic bombs on the villages of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki.

The bombers.

Yet America sees every other country as terrorists and forgot their own actions?""""""

Which comparison is weak?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
Thank you MrBrownJay

Do you know how many African slaves perished while being taken to the white man's country? Do you ever even get to hear it mentioned outside the black community?

Is that not worth remembering? But the black man is busy joining the white man to fight other black men to remember it at all.

It sure is a weak comparison, according to the mallam here.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by KAYD007(m): 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2010
Like some one say the comparison is weak!

Besides, was the use of the A-bomb by the americans on Japan not a cumulative effect from the bombing of pearl harbour?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2010
This is a baseless argument and comparison.

If you study the history of world war 2, you'd discover that America maintained a neutral position in the beginning,  . .and thru the middle of the war.

Japan dragged American into war with the attack on Pearl Harbor on the morning of December 7 1941

Four U.S. Navy battleships were sunk (two of which were raised and returned to service later in the war) and all of the four other battleships present were damaged. The Japanese also sank or damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship and one minelayer. 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed, 2,402 personnel were killed.

Thousands other civilians lost their lives.

YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT AT THIS POINT, US HAS NOT EVEN LIFTED A FINGER AGAINST JAPAN

a head for an eye, and a heart for a tooth, not fair enough you say?. . .then don't come anywhere close to my eye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2010
Just like Osama Bin Laden has a reason for bombing the twin towers, thats what you are saying?

The 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki where most of the dead were civilians were in a wrong place at the right time, because it was war.

We should praise Osama Bin Laden then!

He killed human beings while the AB killed goats, so, they should be forgotten.

Watch this to beleive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9lwvImJqT0
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by saintchux(m): 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2010
LouisThoru:

USA dropped atomic bombs on the villages of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki.

The bombers.

Yet America sees every other country as terrorists and forgot their own actions?

is Hiroshima & Nagasaki in US? It is left for the Japanese government to remember it not US. 9/11 is remembered by US alone, not the world.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2010

Please be kind enough to read the comments for the past 3 years.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2010
LouisThoru:

Just like Osama Bin Laden has a reason for bombing the twin towers, thats what you are saying?

The 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki where most of the dead were civilians were in a wrong place at the right time, because it was war.

We should praise Osama Bin Laden then!

He killed human beings while the AB killed goats, so, they should be forgotten.

Watch this to beleive:

are you saying we should ignore Japan's deliberate actions which saw them kill over 2402 naval and military officers unprovoked and then turn back to blame America for retaliating?

or are you saying America should have focussed more on killing lesser people?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by LouisThoru(f): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^

Abeg, i am not justifying anything. Read my topic and intro again. Abeg.

Just like it is now right for thousands to be killed in IRAQ as a retaliation of 911. So?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2010
Pearl Harbor was a millitary camp, not a village, city like Nagasaki or Hiroshima, who are these people self?

If you are fighting war, why not concentrate on the armed ones, fight like a man and not a puzzy, why would you leave the armies, pass backyard go bomb civilians, is that not a sign of weakness and cowardice? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Pearl Harbor was a millitary camp, not a village, city like Nagasaki or Hiroshima, who are these people self?

If you are fighting war, why not concentrate on the armed ones, fight like a man and not a puzzy, why would you leave the armies, pass backyard go bomb civilians, is that not a sign of weakness and cowardice? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Pearl Harbor is a military camp, arent soldiers humans too, they have families, they have names too.

and you talk about weakness?, . you think US blowing up Nagasaki is weak while Japanese attacking unarmed naval officers isn't weak?

do you know most of those officers were in their sleep when they were attacked?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

Pearl Harbor is a military camp, arent soldiers humans too, they have families, they have names too.

and you talk about weakness?, . you think US blowing up Nagasaki is weak while Japanese attacking unarmed naval officers isn't weak?

do you know most of those officers were in their sleep when they were attacked?

They are humans, but their aim at the harbor was to kill, they were not there to dance makosa, pearl harbor was a military camp with explosive weapons the Americans were preparing to use against Japan, The Japanese ARMY (not civilians) got information ahead of time about American planned attack on them, hence their swift reaction by going to destroy the military base.

I have watched the movie over and over again, read books about it, watched documentaries on this same issue and all pointed "negative" fingers towards the American military calling them a weasel, pearl harbor is just a camp for murderers preparing to go murder others, while HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI was were common civilians were living, these places are cities where children, old, young, women, pregnant women and all that were living.

Hiroshima = Lagos
Nagasaki = Abuja (just comparing).

Pearl Harbor = Apapa Tin cann/ bonny camp or any other military base (WAR FRONTIER)

can you spot the difference? undecided
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
@OP
sept 11 was a terrorist attack i.e, it did not happen during a war and no war was offically declared on the US by AFGANISTAN before the bombing take place, and the bombing was not even carried out by the Government of afganistan, BUT, the hiroshima and nagasaki incident happened during an offical war so civilian and military losses are bound to happen, afterall if you read your history well, When the Japs attacked pearl harbour there were few civilain losses too,
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

@OP
sept 11 was a terrorist attack i.e, it did not happen during a war and no war was offically declared on the US by AFGANISTAN before the bombing take place, and the bombing was not even carried out by the [b]Government of afganistan[/b], BUT, the hiroshima and nagasaki incident happened during an offical war so civilian and military losses are bound to happen, afterall if you read your history well, When the Japs attacked pearl harbour there were few civilain losses too,

Oh ok? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by ziga: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2010
poster's point is simple and i believe reasonable.

America is just as guilty as so many other people that have been labelled terrorists.

There is no justification for either. . . We should sympathize with people who have lost, but nobody's loss is greater than the other.

human lives were lost, so as we sympathize with the people who died in 9/11, the world should also do the same for the numerous other lives that have been lost in situations worse than 9/11, some of which, were committed by American forces.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

They are humans, but their aim at the harbor was to kill, they were not there to dance makosa, pearl harbor was a military camp with explosive weapons the Americans were preparing to use against Japan, The Japanese ARMY (not civilians) got information ahead of time about American planned attack on them, hence their swift reaction by going to destroy the military base.

I have watched the movie over and over again, read books about it, watched documentaries on this same issue and all pointed "negative" fingers towards the American military calling them a weasel, pearl harbor is just a camp for murderers preparing to go murder others, while HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI was were common civilians were living, these places are cities where children, old, young, women, pregnant women and all that were living.

Hiroshima = Lagos

Pearl Harbor = Apapa Tin cann/ bonny camp or any other military base (WAR FRONTIER)

I dont agree with you, even if the japanese got information that they were going to be attacked by the US, they did not declare war before they attacked pearl harbour, which means they started they war with the US and civilains died too in the pear harbour attack, NAGASAKI and HIROSIMA had to be bombed in other to force japan to surrender, they had no choice, many soldiers were dying trying to enter the japanese homeland and the fastest way to end the war was to use the bomb, After Hiroshima was bombed, The us president made a speech and asked japen to surrender or more bombs will be dropped, and since they did not,Nagasaki was bombed too, so had it been they surrendered on time they losses wouldnt be that much
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Oh ok? undecided undecided undecided

i was just using it has an example i hope u understand what i was trying to say
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Hiroshima = Lagos

You LIED, you no absolutely nothing on the attack on Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!

In 1940, following Japan's invasion of French Indochina, the United States halted shipments of airplanes, parts, machine tools, and aviation gasoline, which was perceived by Japan as an unfriendly act.

The U.S. did not stop oil exports to Japan at that time in part because prevailing sentiment in Washington was that such an action would be an extreme step, given Japanese dependence on U.S. oil and likely to be considered a provocation by Japan, , however,  the U.S. ceased oil exports to Japan in July 1941, in part because of new American restrictions on domestic oil consumption.

The naval strike was intended to neutralize the U.S. Pacific Fleet, and hence protect Japan's advance into Malaya and the Dutch East Indies, where Japan sought access to natural resources such as oil and rubber

America had no such plan of attacking Japan!. . .you should actually read up on stuff!. . .Japan attacked US cos of greed, there is no reason why US shouldn't return the favour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mMhqMpPno

(1) (2) (Reply)

Possible Reaction from Patrick Obahiagbon's To Obasanjo's And Daughter's Letters / Its Time To Push The Ijaw Militants Out Of Lagos,ogun / Interview With IMN Spokesman- Musa: Shiites’ Travails Are Foreign Sponsored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.